ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D-League.

Nice weekend, aside from the Cats. Now back to the first normal workweek - including trips by subway downtown - since mid-December.

Looking forward to the Georgia-TCU game tonight. I believe Georgia will win comfortably, but I’m sure Michigan fans believed that too. I just don’t see TCU having one of those games where virtually every lucky break imaginable goes their way —again.

Hope it’s a good day for all.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 35° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring partly cloudy skies and a high of 44°.

Have a great day.

la-une-1-croatie.jpg

Good morning D-League!

35° foggy and spittin. It's a new year and I need to get away from the other social medias, so you're stuck with me a while.

CFootball is over Tonight. Recruiting here is winding down or up or whatever. Just gonna catch up when it's done. Saw we got a commitment from a guy named Silver!

Basketb.... nevermind

I'll get caught up by Wednesday I'm thinkin. Have only been able to lurk briefly. Good to see everybody, and hope God is continuing to bless you!

Good morning folks. Glad it is Friday. Grueling week.

Got my second PT session later this morning. Not exactly looking forward to it, but I am hoping to keep some momentum going on getting to 100 percent.

Watching a replay of Indiana blowing a 21-point lead to an Iowa team that was winless in conference -0-3. My goodness, the defense in the B-10 is atrocious. Iowa scored 91 on Indiana after scoring 50 on Nebraska a week ago while getting blown out.

Have a good day folks.

We're in PT together, but apart. Had my first appt at 9am Friday and am still sore from the preliminary assessment. Let's crush it, @MdWIldcat55 !

That Big10 D will look remarkable in the hands of the refs come tourney time! No worries there

Cloudy and 46 here.

Bad game from an apparently not so good team. Cal and UK has lost it. UK shot a horrible 28.8% from the field. Remember the pre season talk about UK having great shots?

They have shooters. They don't have good coaching. This coach has turned a team game into an individual sport and they're losing as a team...

Selling on Ebay.

I just kicked the day off with a sale of a magazine I bought in 1973 for 95 cents. Selling price $35.00 plus $9.95 S/H.

I subscribed to a magazine called Kentucky Sports and it had a great interview with Paul Bear Bryant and also a great article by Adolph Rupp on his support of football at UK. The reality was he was a huge fan and supporter of the team.

4DfhRmJRAX9V5gZTK0NoF7uWZxBGGeMS-f7UA5L5YndnunOD7qvteQdCv63bLsxdQMX7NtIpH9cgV6Ubi3x45CofVRDxbszr8TFh2yLeUXmPd2dK7qc5tkYbb081QTMk1Kz8vFRHWQo0fAhxIhw7CD-lKyAN7NekwB6K02IdpTjUXEoQBR6f5tWk_Ly7s2N1oU9iOrYeaceLgH5va_yVPC7LlRrU9CHJ1Z9R5PUcwAMjrFlViq_ngTcoaABcUQd7xU8gCYyvARjQsh9K4onAL_6PCRkQ_75k7jKSLNrb-6BNwG5zlgcfQ4I-Bf7uHoea4RWv39yBPLZUd7E_VWRu0yM0IPf1yGbrRGoCWMUmZWrk0vYlvdtZ2CH5juN2AVMZZRj3xNHQGRksk-41jZrvH7miOeLf=s0-d-e1-ft

This is a rare magazine that would interest a collector or someone who wants to collect things about Bear Bryant or Adolph Rupp. I hate to turn it loose but I am downsizing. I would say I made a pretty good profit on this one though.

Selling on Ebay.

I just kicked the day off with a sale of a magazine I bought in 1973 for 95 cents. Selling price $35.00 plus $9.95 S/H.

I subscribed to a magazine called Kentucky Sports and it had a great interview with Paul Bear Bryant and also a great article by Adolph Rupp on his support of football at UK. The reality was he was a huge fan and supporter of the team.

4DfhRmJRAX9V5gZTK0NoF7uWZxBGGeMS-f7UA5L5YndnunOD7qvteQdCv63bLsxdQMX7NtIpH9cgV6Ubi3x45CofVRDxbszr8TFh2yLeUXmPd2dK7qc5tkYbb081QTMk1Kz8vFRHWQo0fAhxIhw7CD-lKyAN7NekwB6K02IdpTjUXEoQBR6f5tWk_Ly7s2N1oU9iOrYeaceLgH5va_yVPC7LlRrU9CHJ1Z9R5PUcwAMjrFlViq_ngTcoaABcUQd7xU8gCYyvARjQsh9K4onAL_6PCRkQ_75k7jKSLNrb-6BNwG5zlgcfQ4I-Bf7uHoea4RWv39yBPLZUd7E_VWRu0yM0IPf1yGbrRGoCWMUmZWrk0vYlvdtZ2CH5juN2AVMZZRj3xNHQGRksk-41jZrvH7miOeLf=s0-d-e1-ft

This is a rare magazine that would interest a collector or someone who wants to collect things about Bear Bryant or Adolph Rupp. I hate to turn it loose but I am downsizing. I would say I made a pretty good profit on this one though.

I would love to have that one, but I'm saving my money for a couple new saws and a drill press.

I got a message from @AustinTXCat

He is in the hospital and they are doing tests. I assume he will be back on here when he gets home.

Prayers for Austin.
Prayers for @AustinTXCat, I trust he makes a 100% recovery and rejoins the D League soon. He is missed and appreciated. Get Well Soon Austin.

Last edited:
Tickets for UK/USC as low as being paid $30 to take them off of the scalpers hands.
In the early 80's (Bowie, Minnefield, etc.. team) I was walking into Rupp with my young son when a stranger came up to me and offered me $500 for my tickets. I had two so that was $1,000.

My son looked at me and said, "please don't sell our tickets daddy". And of course I didn't. We had driven up from Florida and my daddy gave them to me just to take him to the game. No way I was going to break his heart.

I wish those days would return.

I just showed this picture to My Darling. She stated they already cut off the heads.... I never noticed.

I guess for chum?
Yes, they do it on the shrimp boat while out on the Gulf. It is quite a process and they bring them in clean and ready for the pot. The ones I got were deveined while still in the shell.

They are really good.

I was reading on a St Louis baseball forum. It is a bit off color if anyone wants to stop reading. Nashville is trying to get an expansion MLB team, so they hired former pitcher Dave Stewart to help them. Once as a player, on a trip to LA, Stewart was caught by the cops getting BJ in his car from a prostItute who turned out to be a tranny named Lucille. you know how they play music as players enter games. The road trip moved to KC and as Stewart entered the game, the Royals played the Kenny Rogers song "Lucille".

Good morning D-League.

Get well fast Austin.

First day back downtown. Back on the subway for first time since December 13, and nothing has changed.

Good night for Georgia fans, and the SEC confirms emphatically its superiority. I’m having fun goading friends who back teams in other conferences that the only chance for a close game last night would have been Alabama.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning, D-League!

Crisp, cold day out there. Temp started out around the same as the points Georgia scored in the first half, but without the heat. All but 2 teams on Georgia's schedule played better than TCU did against the Dawgs. Oregon and Vandy both were blown out roadkill just like the frogs.

Not nearly the number of people at the game as years past. I can't believe the number of empty seats we saw.

Prayers still being said for @AustinTXCat
and his family. We miss you here, sir! Get better soon. Rest of yall have a good day, too.

Yes, they do it on the shrimp boat while out on the Gulf. It is quite a process and they bring them in clean and ready for the pot. The ones I got were deveined while still in the shell.

They are really good.
Good morning everyone.

Well, the football side of the weekend turned out good for me. B-ball not so much.

Sawnee...those shrimp looked great. We'll be in the Astor area next month and already thinking about where we'll go for next winter's trip south. Brooksville is on the final list so I may be asking more about dining, etc. throughout the year. We'll probably make up our mind late next month or early March.

I hope everyone had a great day. Does UK play tonight? lol I'm pretty sure we played every Tues. during Feb. but not 100%. I've always been the human schedule keeper...not anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT