ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Man, I posted more on RR in the one TU thread than I have posted on RR since Cal took a knee...

My New Years desire came early and unexpectedly. BKO is trying to temper expectations but it has nothing to do with that. A UK son that wore his jersey proud is coming home. P_SS on Cal and the rest at this time and P_SS on expectations. I am just happy with some positivity around UK for once. Positivity in general...

@Bkocats (No disrespect my sister from another mister and misses.....)
I respect that my friend, I truly do.
I’m unfortunately a pessimist and have absolutely no confidence in Calipari

Believe me I’m also hoping to be wrong.

The University Of Kentucky basketball heritage started many, many years ago. Here is a very old film clip dating back to 1946 and shows a little of UK's NIT Championship game. The NIT was the "national champion" in those days.

We get a glimpse into a Kentucky practice run by Rupp and Lancaster. There were specific plays for out of bounds plays that the current team might want to take a look at.

The University Of Kentucky basketball heritage started many, many years ago. Here is a very old film clip dating back to 1946 and shows a little of UK's NIT Championship game. The NIT was the "national champion" in those days.

We get a glimpse into a Kentucky practice run by Rupp and Lancaster. There were specific plays for out of bounds plays that the current team might want to take a look at.

They played with a purpose and plan. Today's teams just look like they run around willy-nilly, like they're on a playground and don't really know what they're doing.

There will be cutbacks in 2023. Say good-bye to Dave

322701494_884729766055637_4780377435132058670_n.jpg

There will be cutbacks in 2023. Say good-bye to Dave

322701494_884729766055637_4780377435132058670_n.jpg

UH, uh..... I GIT IT SC............. Oh dang, Oh dang...... Brother SC just give me FOUR MORE FULL DAYS>>>>>>>>>>>> I will have TWENTY YEARS on the job after that!!!

Oh that is me, that is surely me..... My name is Dave!!!!

Give a brother heart palpitations!!!!

This "ain't" EVEN funny....

😅😅😅

Last edited:
UH, uh..... I GIT IT SC............. Oh dang, Oh dang...... Brother SC just give me FOUR MORE FULL DAYS>>>>>>>>>>>> I will have TWENTY YEARS on the job after that!!!

Oh that is me, that is surely me..... My name is Dave!!!!

Give a brother heart palpitations!!!!

This "ain't" EVEN funny....

😅😅😅
😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Dave was the only working in that photo.😬 It reminded me of a scene I saw on the George Washington Bridge in New York. Traffic was backed up for miles and creeping for hours. When we finally got to the "construction area" we saw two men patting down hot tar to fill a pothole. There were at least 15 men standing around watching with 15 parked trucks they drove to the site. And two poor souls were doing all of the work. I bet it cost $250,000 to fill that little pot hole.

I have no faith in them either, been betting against the Cats on whatever the line is most games and winning every time with maybe one exception...Not sure I will bet this one, we are currently 3.5 point favorites...it was easy to bet against the Cats when the Bellermine line was like 25.5 but that this a close line on the road.

I will probably stay away from tonight's line, traditionally a lot of SEC schools seem to play very weak non-conference schedules so it can be difficult to judge some of those teams until you see them in a few SEC games.

@Bert Higginbotha ...it looks like I was dumb not place a bet on this game, I should have kept my streak going of betting against Kentucky on the line.

This team may not end up making the NCAA tournament. Bama and Kansas are likely losses...we know Rick Barnes is going to beat Cal at least once this year like always. That is 7 losses counting the 4 we already have and that isn't even considering the rest of the schedule or the SEC tournament. This team will most likely end up with double digit losses and almost no quality wins.

Last edited:
The over/under on the Music City Bowl is 31.5. That's low but probably right.

On BetMGM which is the site I bet on the over/under is 31...31 points is the lowest over/under of any bowl game, I would be scared to bet the under...not because I think there will be a ton of points but a couple of freak plays like a scoop up a fumble and score or an INT for a TD and you probably lose that bet.

That is such a low number I couldn't bring myself to bet the under. I'm not saying I'm going to bet the over but I won't bet the under on that low of number.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 63°F and cloudy. Today's high expected around 72°F. Slight chance for showers. Another cold front moving in.

What a horrible effort last night. Oscar Combs voiced his displeasure in a Tweet about falling out of top-25. Have not visited Rafters yet. Ha ha, wow,

Southwest Airlines flight disruptions still ongoing. Heard they finally hit at around 50% on departures.

Y'all behave.

National-Pepper-Pot-Day-December-29.jpg

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

53° this morning with light winds (20mph is light for us). The high to reach the mid 60's. Supposed to be this way for the next couple of weeks.

Morning workout upcoming (been hit or miss lately) then, off to the dentist to fix or pull the broken tooth (hopefully fix). If not, future implants will be the order of the day.

On the Wildcats problems...Ugh...told my wife this morning that I have already prepared for the collapse of the season so...it is getting easier. Sad.

But God is still in control so, God Bless Ye Merry Gentlemen (You too @Bkocats).

Last edited:
Good Thursday Morning

50° with sunshine and a high of 75° will be in store for today. There is nothing left to be said about our basketball team. Last night my wife commented to me what are they doing? I asked what she meant and she said they do not look like they have been coached. SMH She has a good point. I couldn't answer that simple question. What are they doing?

I have noting to add to the basketball conversation. I trust all are well in mind and spirit.

Good morning D-League.

Like all of you I’m shocked by the poor play of the Cats. For my mental well-being I’m taking a couple steps back. I didn’t watch the game, and won’t invest any emotional energy in the team right now. Over the course of 60 years as a fan, this has happened a few times before. Call me a bandwagon fan, and that’s fine. But I just have too many other parts of life demanding my attention to be obsessively angry about being let down by a bunch of 19-21 year olds who could have barely found Kentucky on a map before being hired through NIL. And let’s face it, a step at a time, over 30 years, that’s what college basketball has become.

Hope all else is going well for you folks.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT