ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

The man on the radio is talking about buying ammo and firearms. His store has a nice supply for Christmas and a few boxes of shells should be good stocking stuffers.

He made a good suggestion, be prepared and build a bunker and load it up with ammo. Not a bad suggestion for a Monday morning.

And new housing starts are down 70%. So that is the local news for today. Something has to give.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 48°F and cloudy with increasing rain chances. We may have reached today's high.

Apparently El Paso suffers from a major refugee crisis. City is overwhelmed with new bodies.

Light shows all over town. Tis the season .

Another weekend in the books. Monday, Monday.....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

oat.jpg

Good morning everyone!

Slept til 7 this morning...shocking, but needed. Not much on tap and still haven't watched the first highlight or reviewed the box score of Sat's game. I think I'll just keep it that way.

I hope everyone has a great day. Not much planned here today.

Good morning D-League. Getting psyched for my Physical Therapy session at 9am. Want to earn that Gold Star for best leg lift and knee rolls.

Satisfying weekend in the NFL, for some of us. Bengals with a big comeback win. Ravens lose and look incapable of scoring. And for me, Commanders lose what may turn out to be a playoff elimination game with Giants in satisfying fashion -- two questionable calls on 1st and goal under a minute. I'll root like hell against them until their odious owner is forced to sell.

My son got back from Lexington last night. He was due in after I went to bed. My hup woke me up after midnight and went in to his bedroom to check and he was nowhere to be found. In my foggy state, I was starting to imagine a road mishap, and went downstairs to see if I could see his car. I caught him heading back down to the basement with an old high school girlfriend also home from college who wanted to say hello to him. Damn, to be young again.

Christmas barrelling down. Most of wht I have left to do is wrapping presents, which I absolutely hate. Hope the week is shaping up well for all of you.

Anybody seen anything on this? Some say "juiced" balls were used in Yankee games (Judge's hr record chase).

I was juiced last night, and I didn't hit any home runs so, it doesn't work. Least not for me anyways. ;)

Anybody seen anything on this? Some say "juiced" balls were used in Yankee games (Judge's hr record chase).

Can't anyone just do what they say they are going to do? All a man has is his word but I guess that is now for sale, I hope not to most people. Geez, even baseball... Not just roids now it seems.

Coming Friday to an ATX near you.

FkXZwY8WIAEJcnd
Thursday nights forecast for us here is supposed to get down to 2°. Will start dropping Wednesday early afternoon and fall throughout the night. A friend just called me about 30 minutes ago asking if I could help him move out of his apartment Wednesday because his rent went from $685.00 earlier this year to $800.00 back in June and is now going up to $925.00 the first of the year. Thanks Joe. Anyways, I hope he starts early because the wind is also supposed come out of the north and be 25-35mph with higher gusts.

My phone is crapping out. Ye Ole LG Velvet... Nearly EXACTLY two years. Almost overnight the battery won't hold a charge for about five hours... Gyroscope is whacky using Google maps, ...yadda yadda yadda...

Just ordered My Darling an iPhone 14 plus....

I need an Android... Any decent recommendations? I have T Mobile the senior plan but I don't want to buy part of the company when I buy the phone...

My work phone is an iPhone.... Thanks for any input...

Those thousand dollar phones they can have, looking for cheap and good.... Yeah, good an cheap.,

Will work for a cheaper phone bill. I have a sign and everything...😁

Dang. Just checked the weather forecast through Christmas -- chance of snow Friday, and if we get a covering it just might stay around. Lows predicted at 12 F and highs at 22 F.

Been a while since a white Christmas, as far as i can remember. That'd be nice.

If I never see a snowflake again it will be too soon. I had a lady (fellow employee) in San Antonio when I was at Fort Sam get fighting angry when I wouldn't turn around to look at some snowflakes. (I saw it was bothering her so I fought the urge to turnaround.) (My desk faced the interior of the room.) The lady was ready to file a complaint against me (And we always got along splendidly but I guess I rubbed her mad spot.) She got angry like I never saw her act in nearly six years of working around her at the time. (I knew she must have been having some trouble at home but at that point I was really trying to help her once I realized it was something besides me.)

She got a couple other people involved as witnesses to what she called a confrontational attitude.

It got to the point I had to defuse it. I looked at her with about six or seven other people standing in my office. (It was confrontational after the initial contact.)

I said yeah Mary (Her name was Mary.) I can see it now at the hearing.

They will ask the charge; I stated; "It will be a charge of failing to look at a snowflake." (I winked at her as soon as I said it and she threw a paper at me and then hugged me laughing.)

If I never see a snowflake again it will be too soon. I had a lady (fellow employee) in San Antonio when I was at Fort Sam get fighting angry when I wouldn't turn around to look at some snowflakes. (I saw it was bothering her so I fought the urge to turnaround.) (My desk faced the interior of the room.) The lady was ready to file a complaint against me (And we always got along splendidly but I guess I rubbed her mad spot.) She got angry like I never saw her act in nearly six years of working around her at the time. (I knew she must have been having some trouble at home but at that point I was really trying to help her once I realized it was something besides me.)

She got a couple other people involved as witnesses to what she called a confrontational attitude.

It got to the point I had to defuse it. I looked at her with about six or seven other people standing in my office. (It was confrontational after the initial contact.)

I said yeah Mary (Her name was Mary.) I can see it now at the hearing.

They will ask the charge; I stated; "It will be a charge of failing to look at a snowflake." (I winked at her as soon as I said it and she threw a paper at me and then hugged me laughing.)
BB, you might need some EggNog - don't spare the rum.
And you DEFINITELY need some Elvis...

Traditional no alcohol or alcohol.
I enjoy the festive spirit so Ky Bourbon. I like it plain too. I just like it. We got some this weekend and will keep it around until 2023. Not the same bottle but when we run out it will be replenished. Ah, so good.

But remember I am a strange bird. I had a mess of fried chicken livers tonight for supper. And a bunch of green beans with ham pieces. Strange bird

My phone is crapping out. Ye Ole LG Velvet... Nearly EXACTLY two years. Almost overnight the battery won't hold a charge for about five hours... Gyroscope is whacky using Google maps, ...yadda yadda yadda...

Just ordered My Darling an iPhone 14 plus....

I need an Android... Any decent recommendations? I have T Mobile the senior plan but I don't want to buy part of the company when I buy the phone...

My work phone is an iPhone.... Thanks for any input...

Those thousand dollar phones they can have, looking for cheap and good.... Yeah, good an cheap.,

Will work for a cheaper phone bill. I have a sign and everything...😁
BB, I have a Velvet via T Mobile also. Not quite two years. Close out special though I didn’t know LG was going out of phone business till several months later. Never have really liked it. Also too long for good pocket fit.

DW, DS, and somewhat techie good friend all have Pixel 6 and are happy with them. Little smaller than Velvet, but new Pixel 7 is a bit smaller still. Leaning to 7 when I get fed up enough with Velvet.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 47°F and foggy. Today's high may reach 53°F. Meh, we'll take it.

Huge spate of US mail robbery happening around ATX. Thieves stealing checks, packages, gift cards, you name it. Crazy.

Seems like UK football heading in right direction. What about basketball?

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

sangira.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT