ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

1964 was a good year.
Agree

numbers-matching-1964-impala-true-super-sport-ss-convertible-daytona-blue-rare-4.jpg

I’m in the recovery room waiting to get feeling back below my waist so I can pass a Basic mobility test and get the hell out of this hospital.
Back home in my own bed watching lame —another pun! —Christmas movies of the Hallmark variety with my equally crippled wife.
Best news of the week.
I still buy albums on a regular basis. Probably have close to 1,000.
I stopped at around 800 LP's. My 1st CD was Jesus Christ Superstar because of the powerful emotion carried in Ian Gillian's portrayal of Jesus. Foe me, it was by far the best rendention of Andrew Lloyd Webbers rock opera.

I don’t know the answer but right now . . .
Me either but it looks to me the best chance for #9 will require team line up-adjustments built around a core of the following players with personell adustment based on performance and player developement.
  1. Wallace
  2. Thero
  3. Livingston
  4. Tshiebwe
  5. Ware
  6. Bench

Good morning folks. Sleep still a little irregular so I’m up and about.

That 1964 impala is very sweet Rooster.

My first car was a 1965 Olds F85 Cutlass convertible -dark green - and it had a similar look and feel. Man, oh man, never loved a car as much since. I wish I’d had the sense at that age to take care of it.

Hope you all have a good Sunday. Go Bengals.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 30°F and clear. Today's high expected around 58°F.

Wife and I watched game yesterday. Yuck! Noticed Livingston played more. He was productive. Unfortunately everyone else stunk it up.

Grocery shopping and chores on today's agenda. Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

2015-1218-Happy-HamSandwich.jpg

My first car was a 1965 Olds F85 Cutlass convertible -dark green - and it had a similar look and feel. Man, oh man, never loved a car as much since. I wish I’d had the sense at that age to take care of it.

I have been in love with the Automobile since before I could walk. I grew up with a father who liked nice cars and he liked them fast.

I may have told this story before but my first car was a 1947 Ford 2dr Coupe that my uncles were using in the orange grove. They took off the doors, took off the trunk lid and turned it into a "pickup' truck, Hauling fertilizer, tools and chicken sh** grandpa used to spread all around the trees.

At age 14 you could get a drivers "learners" permit back then so I got one and actually drove the car around the grove for my uncles. It was not licensed for the road. When I turned 15 my uncle said he would sell it to me for $75 and would go down to the junkyard and pick up some doors. The trunk lid was being used to cover a hole in the roof of the chicken coup. So we put that back on the old Ford. It didn't have any floor boards so we used plywood to have a place to rest your feet. The condition of the seat was another story. But it was mine and I was so proud of it. This is what it probably looked like new.

iu

Good morning everyone.

Busy yesterday and only listened to about 1/4 of the game. Missed the end...yay me.

Today's the last of my busy 3 day stretch so can't read everything. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Something is going on in the UK fan base that I never thought I would live to see. So many long time fans are not even watching the games anymore.

I spoke with a cousin who lives out of state and he didn't listen to or watch the game. He said he wanted to do some last minute Christmas shopping. He is a little younger than me and grew up a die hard UK blue blooded fan who never missed a game or a coach's call in show. His house was wall to wall UK. But now apathy has set in and he didn't even bother to watch.

He asked me who we play next and I didn't know. Before Cal arrived I would have the schedule memorized and circled on my calendar so I would not schedule something during the upcoming ball games. Now I do not know who we play next. Sad to admit that.

UCLA Coach basically saying that if you don’t let Oscar go for 20, there’s not much else offensely for the Cats. He’s not wrong.
Rupp did it a little differently with Maravich. He basically said let Maravich get his and just stop the others. If I am not mistaken, Rupps teams never lost to LSU when Maravich played. UCLA did pack it in against Oscar, but I also noticed that when he pushed it back out, they reacted quickly and were sticking like glue to our guys. That is what I saw in the first half. I did not watch the second because I knew what was coming.

Good morning D-League. We currently have snow flurries and a temperature of 28° here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring partly cloudy skies a high of 35°.

Have a great day.

csm_shutterstock_187378805_a2e9a23af6.jpeg
46° with a 15 mph wind as we climb to 60°. Sunny skies with no chance of rain. 0%. They are forecasting a very cool Christmas for us. I hope no snow.

132438888_3678012278918488_3545261249251641456_n.jpg

My first car was a Black 68 Ford Fairlane. Wish I still had it.

And yes, Go Bengals. Ravens lost last night so...

Good morning from ATX. Currently 30°F and clear. Today's high expected around 58°F.

Wife and I watched game yesterday. Yuck! Noticed Livingston played more. He was productive. Unfortunately everyone else stunk it up.

Grocery shopping and chores on today's agenda. Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

2015-1218-Happy-HamSandwich.jpg
Livingston's motor was faster than the others last night (what I saw of it) others seemed somewhat lethargic. Makes me wonder about that with this team. Are they just biding their time until NBA time?

Last edited:
Rupp did it a little differently with Maravich. He basically said let Maravich get his and just stop the others. If I am not mistaken, Rupps teams never lost to LSU when Maravich played. UCLA did pack it in against Oscar, but I also noticed that when he pushed it back out, they reacted quickly and were sticking like glue to our guys. That is what I saw in the first half. I did not watch the second because I knew what was coming.
The LSU - UK games were never close and Rupp just let Maravich do his thing. They were some of the most entertaining games in UK history. Issel would get 40 or 50 and Maravich 50 or 60. A whole lot of fun for fans because as a UK fan you knew you were going to win. Pistol Pete never played in a game against UK that his team won.

I would love to see an offense close to what UK ran in those days. 53 points would be a half time score.

@MdWIldcat55

Here is a rare photo of Emmylou Harris performing in "The Tempest" at the University of North Carolina in 1965.
Thanks for sharing Sawnee. She has always been a lovely woman.

I saw Maravich in Memorial, I think his senior year. I think he scored in the 40s but the Cats trounced them easily. It was only the second best scoring outburst I saw against the Cats. I was there in about 1971 or so when Johnny Neumann of Ole Miss scored like 46 as the Cats rolled. That guy was magic at scoring with the basketball.

Last edited:
Good morning all,

Sky rockets in flight....

Biscuits, bacon, eggs, and coffee...

Getting ready to head to the late service...

Yeah, never thought I'd feel it but, UK is hurting me right now. I've been hurt before but it is horrible, this feeling of despair concerning UK, knowing there's not a dang thing I can do about it....

The LSU - UK games were never close and Rupp just let Maravich do his thing. They were some of the most entertaining games in UK history. Issel would get 40 or 50 and Maravich 50 or 60. A whole lot of fun for fans because as a UK fan you knew you were going to win. Pistol Pete never played in a game against UK that his team won.

I would love to see an offense close to what UK ran in those days. 53 points would be a half time score.
I've seen articles where Cal describes himself as a grinder in life because that's how his family was when he grew up. That influences his basketball philosophy. UK wouldn't pay me 10 cents for my coaching knowledge, but it seems to me that if you have the most talent, you want (within reason) more possessions to allow talent a better chance to prevail. Ask most coaches what it will take to pull an upset and they will tell you try and slow the game down/fewer possessions. It seems Cal often plays more like the team with less talent. Oh well, I'm just a dumb old country boy and baseball is my game anyhow.

I've seen articles where Cal describes himself as a grinder in life because that's how his family was when he grew up. That influences his basketball philosophy. UK wouldn't pay me 10 cents for my coaching knowledge, but it seems to me that if you have the most talent, you want (within reason) more possessions to allow talent a better chance to prevail. Ask most coaches what it will take to pull an upset and they will tell you try and slow the game down/fewer possessions. It seems Cal often plays more like the team with less talent. Oh well, I'm just a dumb old country boy and baseball is my game anyhow.
Grinder basketball is not UK basketball. Kentucky was a pioneer in running the fast break. That is the image of UK basketball through the ages. Get the ball out and move it down the court. The fewer the dribbles the better. Just pass and get open for the shot. And if you are open, take the shot. If you can't hit a shot you stay at the end of the bench with the turds as Rupp called them. It worked for decades but now it is gone with the wind.

Here is a little picture to maybe pick up your spirits for the Holidays. Put UK on the back burner and let's enjoy the season folks. My wife snapped this just a few minutes ago. This is her cat. When she is home this cat is almost always around her.

imagejpeg-0014.jpg

I love cats.................................in your house. 😁 (It is beautiful as far as cats go...)

I am glad to see some Christmas warmth though. My Darling and I just got back from church, then we hit, Walmart, Sam's, and Costco. Put the finishing touches on the things we need except for the baby back ribs we will wait to grab at Costco later this week... Ribs and roast "beast" for Christmas according to My Darling...

Have a great rest of your day(s)...

Last edited:
I know this is hardly a soccer-friendly zone, but I have to say that Argentina-France final was one of the craziest, and most intense sporting events I can remember. It had everything —and a satisfying ending, at least for me.
Watched entire game, including extra time, and loved it. Unforgettable championship. Fans got their money's worth.

I know this is hardly a soccer-friendly zone, but I have to say that Argentina-France final was one of the craziest, and most intense sporting events I can remember. It had everything —and a satisfying ending, at least for me.

Not un-friendly to soccer at all. It is just that I have never had legs to be able to run faster than at a trot. Hard to get into it when I was envious... ;)

I love cats.................................in your house. 😁 (It is beautiful as far as cats go...)

I am glad to see some Christmas warmth though. My Darling and I just got back from church, then we hit, Walmart, Sam's, and Costco. Put the finishing touches on the things we need except for the baby back ribs we will wait to grab at Costco later this week... Ribs and roast "beast" for Christmas according to My Darling...

Have a great rest of your day(s)...
Don't really like cats myself, but my wife and daughter have wanted one for years and about 2 1/2 years ago a kitten showed up on our doorstep and we kept him. Then my wife and daughter said he needed some company, so we got two more. 4 dogs and 3 cats unless you count my daughter who we call Cat short for Catarena which makes 4.

Who Dey indeed. Needed this one. Now just hold the line to keep Ravens in wild card status. What is really bad is that Tampa Bay is leading their division at 6-8.
Who Dey! Bengals have it all in their hands now to win the division and host a playoff game.

Nice recovery from dropping the opener on a missed PAT, starting 0-2 and 4-4…

Here is a little picture to maybe pick up your spirits for the Holidays. Put UK on the back burner and let's enjoy the season folks. My wife snapped this just a few minutes ago. This is her cat. When she is home this cat is almost always around her.

imagejpeg-0014.jpg
WC, that tree would look great with a cordmaker Uncle Ken ornament on it!!!!

I hope all have a peaceful rest of your evening. Heading into the office this week. (Was going to take leave but forgot how empty it will be and I will be able to do all the training and annual certification things I need to do... at least 40 hours worth...) ;)

Good morning from ATX. Currently 48°F and cloudy with increasing rain chances. We may have reached today's high.

Apparently El Paso suffers from a major refugee crisis. City is overwhelmed with new bodies.

Light shows all over town. Tis the season .

Another weekend in the books. Monday, Monday.....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

oat.jpg

Good Monday Morning

Buddy it is cold outside. 35° is cold down here. The sun will shine and the skies are clear and the high should reach 70°.

I trust all had a nice weekend and if you are in pain it is much better than it was. I guess we are counting down to Christmas. It will be here before you know it. I am ready.

Today is a workout day and final meal planning for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Our family tradition is oyster stew for Christmas Eve and I am going with the Prime Rib on Christmas Day. Now we will work out the trimmings. Life is Good and God is great. Take care all

50685973_2148486348537763_2020296759988715520_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT