ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D-League. It's currently 52° and rainy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will see a high of 53° and partly cloudy skies.

Have a great day.

the-main-attraction-of-paris-and-all-of-europe-is-the-eiffel-tower-in-the-rays-of-the-setting.jpg
We took one of these tour boats the last time we were in Paris......a woman in her mid 20's was the tour guide.....she spoke several languages.......that voice.........easy on the eyes........the Director even commented on how sexy her voice was.........I thought she was sexy from head to toe..........

It is Friday and bowl games are kicking off. Go Troy. So why not go over to Aripeka and pick up a smoke mullet fresh out of the smoker and a mess of stone crab claws to nibble on. Ah yes, it is a beautiful day and a Friday afternoon. Life is good.

Smoke mullet at it's finest

319080169_651150306791073_949954426780283202_n.jpg

Stone crabs to die for. Before they strap me in the electric chair this is what I want

320268413_472861378298201_7125787918896479391_n.jpg

320487755_542633437730315_4763803362967405045_n.jpg

How do those stone crab claws compare to snow, king, etc? I'm more of a shrimp fan, but wife loves crab legs. However, every time she has the opportunity to get stones she backs out. I think she may be embarrassed that she doesn't know how to go about getting them open.
They are by far my favorite seafood. Sweet, pure white flaky meat. Nothing better in my mind. Usually if you order them in a restaurant they will come cracked so no issue.
I love shrimp too and the Gulf shrimp are hard to beat. I never have to buy them frozen. Just fresh at the seafood market down on the water front.

Now I use a cracker tool, like the one below to break the shell. If you do not have this tool take a large table spoon and whack it a couple of times on the back of the claw. It will crack and come right out. For the knuckle you can take a nut cracker. it is worth every second because the reward is great.

I love Stone crabs because you do not harm the crab. You break off one claw and throw it back in the Gulf and it will regrow the missing claw. Everybody wins. :)

61HTdeaKFPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

We took one of these tour boats the last time we were in Paris......a woman in her mid 20's was the tour guide.....she spoke several languages.......that voice.........easy on the eyes........the Director even commented on how sexy her voice was.........I thought she was sexy from head to toe..........

naughty-spank.gif

Ought be careful with what you think is sexy. (Just messing with you.) HA, there was this gate guard at the hi-rise we lived at in Korea. She was a looker and spent the better part of a year posing for me as I drove into the under ground parking facility. My Darling would be in the car and the girl acted normal. I told my wife about it and asked my wife to duck down one trip so she could see. (Just something to do at the time.) My Darling was in the back seat of our SUV and watched as the guard did her stuff thinking I was alone.

My Darling looked at me afterward. My Darling knew, I knew about the women looking to snare an American so they could become citizens or just get passage to the states. If it hadn't been for My Darlings kind heart that woman would have had a heap of trouble. She probably got in trouble anyway in some other form. She looked 25 tops. Koreans in their 20's look like teenagers. Amazes me to this day what some will do to get what they want. That same guard came up to my apartment once when My Darling and a bunch of her friends left for a day trip to Seoul. The bell rang, I looked through the key hole and saw her and just went back to what I was doing....

Me and My Darling spent the day together (well, the afternoon.) When I got back from work about 12:50 we hit the road up to Annandale, VA and had a late dinner at the 24 hour joint. We stopped at another area that had a food court but in the end My Darling decided she knew what we were getting at the 24 hour joint and we like it.

I have talked about this joint a few times. I figured I'd post their website.

We stopped at a couple stores we frequent and then did a couple returns at Walmart and purchased a few things, gassed up the car, came home and my Darling made this for supper...

319362078_735386727441513_3020493178154861236_n.jpg

Beef, eggs, rice, other garnish along with oysters, and other seafood.... a pleasing meal...

Yeah, I am thankful...

My Darling and I plan to head down to the Virginia Beach area in the morning if the weather holds, to harvest some oysters and clams.... Tis the season....

You all have a very Merry Christmas and a good rest of your evening...

Last edited:
Good morning D-League. Hope all is well with everyone. Clear and cool in the east.

No big plans today. Hope the Cats can get a win.

I have a friend who is an interesting story. Came to America as a child during the Vietnam boat lift. We met during Desert Storm when he was serving as a Marine helicopter pilot. He went on after the war to make a lot of money as a businessman —after graduating from UCLA.

I mention it because last summer he told me he had two courtside tickets at MSG for today’s game -friendly rivalry. One was mine. So that’s where I would have been today but had to back out when it became clear my surgery was too close.

I REALLY hope he’s the one congratulating me today.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

29° this morning with moderate winds. High to be in the mid 40's.

Rooting for the Cincinnati Bearcats this morning (noontime for you eastern time zone folks) as they take on Looserville in the Wasabi Bowl. Waaaaasaaaaaaaabi! What are you doing? Watching the game and having a Bud and rooting for the Bearcats. True, True.

You guys enjoy the day and by the way:

IT'S GAME DAY!
Game-day.gif

Good morning from ATX. Currently 42°F, clear with a light wind. We may hit 58°F. Great weather for a long walk.

Game comes on at 5:15 pm ET today. I look for a tough outing.

Wife watching Brubaker. Nothing like a 43 year-old prison movie to start your Saturday morning. Ugh.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

c273288f47a4a6750cfc01c55902d4b3.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 42°F, clear with a light wind. We may hit 58°F. Great weather for a long walk.

Game comes on at 5:15 pm ET today. I look for a tough outing.

Wife watching Brubaker. Nothing like a 43 year-old prison movie to start your Saturday morning. Ugh.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

c273288f47a4a6750cfc01c55902d4b3.jpg
Should be watching Brew-Baker with a beer and soft pretzels in hand to go along with the theme.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

29° this morning with moderate winds. High to be in the mid 40's.

Rooting for the Cincinnati Bearcats this morning (noontime for you eastern time zone folks) as they take on Looserville in the Wasabi Bowl. Waaaaasaaaaaaaabi! What are you doing? Watching the game and having a Bud and rooting for the Bearcats. True, True.

You guys enjoy the day and by the way:

IT'S GAME DAY!
Game-day.gif
Go Bearcats

Channel surfing and I came across a 1943 early World War 2 movie called Thunderbirds. Pretty ordinary but has a very young -- 22-year-old -- Gene Tierney in it.

My goodness, what a beautiful young woman. I recall seeing her in movies from later years and she was still a beauty but can't recall seeing her when she was about this age:

This one is for Sawnee: Murray is a near by town,

Channel surfing and I came across a 1943 early World War 2 movie called Thunderbirds. Pretty ordinary but has a very young -- 22-year-old -- Gene Tierney in it.

My goodness, what a beautiful young woman. I recall seeing her in movies from later years and she was still a beauty but can't recall seeing her when she was about this age:

Last night we were watching Holiday Inn and my wife and I commented on how beautiful Marjorie Reynolds was. And the shape those women were back then. You had to really look hard to find a fat one. They were just gorgeous from head to toe.

Easter%2BParad--Holiday%2BInn%2BCrosby.jpg

iu

It was a cold 31°F this morning when I first got up. We are now at 37° and are supposed to get to 40° with a small chance of rain; however, based on the big blue sky out there now it does not seem probable.

Women have always been something we men like to look at. The styles during the WWII era and shortly after were designed to enhance a woman. I wish we could go back to them.

Last night we were watching Holiday Inn and my wife and I commented on how beautiful Marjorie Reynolds was. And the shape those women were back then. You had to really look hard to find a fat one. They were just gorgeous from head to toe.

Easter%2BParad--Holiday%2BInn%2BCrosby.jpg

iu
Most of those entertainers while acting and singing were also well versed in the dance which required a lot of exercise/practice.

Last edited:
Most of those entertainers while acting and singing were also well versed in the dance which required a lot of exercise.
I don't even think about dancing, but attended The Mel Tillis show in Branson after Roger Miller died. Mel and Roger broke into the business together in Minnie Pearl's band and were good friends. The second half of Mel's show was a tribute to Roger and his musical Big River. Mel said he lost 30 pounds preparing and doing the dancing the tribute required.

Most of those entertainers while acting and singing were also well versed in the dance which required a lot of exercise/practice.

I think that went a long way in keeping them in shape.

I know my aunts were all very thin and fit but they did a lot of walking. The Post Office was about 4 miles from their house and they walked to it every day. Then working in the garden and doing house work without modern conveniences kept them fit. Also early to bed and early to rise.

It was a total different world and generation than today.

Any luck in the oyster beds?

No Sir,

The tides are up. We are sitting on the "bank". Just got back in the car for a few minutes. The tides change seems small today.

I will post a picture later...

May stop at a couple markets.

Edit: I had to check but I was able to snap part of a pic showing a man in the water. I talked to him and his two sons. More later...

Yes I do. 2 of them in fact. I bought the first one in the 70s then more recently a 200-gram LP made from the master tape. I probably have 7 or 8 Beatles albums including a Sgt. Peppers from the first pressing.
You are a collector UK82.

I worked with a bunch of purist jazz and rock guys. They only believed in vinyl, tube type amps et.al. My brother in law had a massive collection of vinyl. He played bluegrass, rock, country, jazz etc. Excellent at a guitar and he always had to tune the instruments in his band because he could hear all the bad notes. James Steen was special.
319692869_2401403340018540_7273116138881813020_n.jpg

Because of them I was late getting into CD's, but I never got rid of my vinyl. Plus my kids do like you; they are going more and more to vinyl. But I don't even have my turn table hooked up.

I used to take my new vinyl records and play them through once. Then I would record them next and store the vinyl never to be used again unless I screwed up the copied CD or tape. So I have some close to virgin vinyl.

I am not a purist as my hearing is not good (life time of allergies and flying small planes when my ears were congested), so I can't qualify as a judge of good musical reproduction, so a CD sounds as good as vinyl to my ear; however, I can tell the difference between a full uncompressed CD versus an MP3.

Being that I can't hear well has saved me a lot of money.

I worked with a bunch of purist jazz and rock guys. They only believed in vinyl, tube type amps et.al. My brother in law had a massive collection of vinyl. He played bluegrass, rock, country, jazz etc. Excellent at a guitar and he always had to tune the instruments in his band because he could hear all the bad notes. James Steen was special.

Because of them I was late getting into CD's, but I never got rid of my vinyl. Plus my kids do like you; they are going more and more to vinyl. But I don't even have my turn table hooked up.

I used to take my new vinyl records and play them through once. Then I would record them next and store the vinyl never to be used again unless I screwed up the copied CD or tape. So I have some close to virgin vinyl.

I am not a purist as my hearing is not good (life time of allergies and flying small planes when my ears were congested), so I can't qualify as a judge of good musical reproduction, so a CD sounds as good as vinyl to my ear; however, I can tell the difference between a full uncompressed CD versus an MP3.

I am in the same boat. I have a very nice collection of vinyl records, some going back to the mid 1950's. When cassettes and CD's came out I would do the same as you Bert. Record them and put up the vinyl record. Never to be played again. I have a George Jones and a Johnny Cash that has never had the plastic wrapping removed and has remained unplayed for 40 or 50 years. So like you I have some beauties. Mine are mostly Bluegrass and country and a lot of gospel my parents had.

Every time a guest gospel singer came to church and had a record to sell, mama would buy it. Some of the old stuff is pretty good. I have several turntables hooked up around the house.

Your BIL and I would have gotten along famously. I'm also a tube guy. Unfortunately my hearing is also on the poor side Bert and getting worse. It's a cruel fate for an audio enthusiast like myself. Surprisingly I have better luck with headphones nowadays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT