ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

iNJuHMgAWECJTLeMP8IBmFQ0ox7h42tv-XQIidThtUx9sFAT-c-WDlRXRHIe94o7d1GxLJpf-iFI0TeJa--_nhElw-O9GR7qTj1TZ8RgTCIijw=s0-d-e1-ft

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

33° this morning with light winds. High to be in the low 50's.

Going to do my Christmas gift giving today which consist of cards and checks for my sons and in-laws. Makes it simple as my wife does the buying for our daughter. My MIL always gets one of those boxes of summer sausages and cheese for me every year and my wife told her a few years back that I never eat it and it gets thrown away. She (MIL) just says that that is on me if I don't want it. My wife has told her to just get a package or two of some plastic fishing worms for me and that would be good. They don't cost much, and I would use them but... she (MIL) is stubborn.

Any of you prior military people remember this statement?

Nothing else follows////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Good morning everyone.

Prayers for MdWildcat. I loved your hunting story and I have one very similar about 7 or 8 years after yours. But, mine involved a rabbit and an old H&R foldable 410.

The last of the bear season was Monday and I didn't see a bear during any of the 6 days. I saw 5 bears while deer hunting this year. Hunting, gotta love it lol or you sure wouldn't do it.

DOL (Day of Leisure) here at home today.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

33° this morning with light winds. High to be in the low 50's.

Going to do my Christmas gift giving today which consist of cards and checks for my sons and in-laws. Makes it simple as my wife does the buying for our daughter. My MIL always gets one of those boxes of summer sausages and cheese for me every year and my wife told her a few years back that I never eat it and it gets thrown away. She (MIL) just says that that is on me if I don't want it. My wife has told her to just get a package or two of some plastic fishing worms for me and that would be good. They don't cost much, and I would use them but... she (MIL) is stubborn.

Any of you prior military people remember this statement?

Nothing else follows////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

///////Still use it...////////

Good Morning all,

God Bless Ole MdW and his wife...

Teleworking today. I made a big lift yesterday that I am awaiting feedback from but not too concerned as I know right from wrong and can massage operations well. Been in the office at least four out of five work days that I haven't been on leave. The norm that I have seen is working in the office one or two out of five days... (I am close so it is no biggie and I needed to get back to work.)

Going to a retirement dinner around 1130 but other than that some office-keeping and some training... I am thankful...

Sir,

My BIL and I write each other letters once in a while, nearly knowing we are transmitting code that either wife (The sisters) would not be able to decipher. (Our children as well for that matter.) My BIL's cursive writing (Oxymoron?) is beautifully masterful. I do admit, mine used to be, I do not practice as I once did but I still have some flair. (I do admit though that My Darling has a gift for languages as she speaks Korean, Spanish, and English fluently.)

Yeah I like seeing "kids" try using a pencil when they do their sums or really, any form of math. It gives me a chuckle... calculators were just coming on board late in my education. The teachers were adamant that we could do our work on paper... Yeah right...

10592726.gif

Last edited:
Good morning, D, read Luke 14 this morning.

Prayers for 55 this morning.

Last night was the Kiwanis auction in Owensboro, our family did good on the stuff we donated, my sister sent 4 jars of jams and jellies, they went for $85, my friend donated 2 Angels he makes out for old plates $125, my sister bought 4 Angels they sold for $200, $50 each, Mrs. M made an orange juice cake, it went for $65, I donated a red, white and blue heart it went for $85; a cancer ribbon piece $75 and 9 Christmas ornaments they went for $245! Oue family and my friend did good for charities last night!!! That was without an Uncle Ken ornament!!!!!

On pins and nettles until a piece I made for SC gets to Florida! Bert if you thought I sealed your pieces I sent you, wait till SC gets his!!!!LOL

We have had .6" of rain, supposed to get the same amount later!

I hope the D, has a great day!!!! Prayers for the D, especially 55!!

Sir,

My BIL and I write each other letters once in a while, nearly knowing we are transmitting code that either wife (The sisters) would not be able to decipher. (Our children as well for that matter.) My BIL's cursive writing (Oxymoron?) is beautifully masterful. I do admit, mine used to be, I do not practice as I once did but I still have some flair. (I do admit though that My Darling has a gift for languages as she speaks Korean, Spanish, and English fluently.)

Yeah I like seeing "kids" try using a pencil when they do their sums or really, any form of math. It gives me a chuckle... calculators were just coming on board late in my education. The teachers were adamant that we could do our work on paper... Yeah right...

10592726.gif
I started college in 1964 and used slide rules. I did not see a calculator until 1972. I was in night time business school by then. The good thing about using slide rules was the rounding was so gross that it sometimes made things easier.

My cursive hand writing is definitely code. I have to type it soon or I can't figure out what it is! :)

I started college in 1964 and used slide rules. I did not see a calculator until 1972. I was in night time business school by then. The good thing about using slide rules was the rounding was so gross that it sometimes made things easier.

My cursive hand writing is definitely code. I have to type it soon or I can't figure out what it is! :)
1964 was a good year. And to prove my math (no calculator) and reading problem skills you should be ** years old or there abouts. I won't put the actual number though. I now know why BBUK calls you sir. :)

1964 was a good year. And to prove my math (no calculator) and reading problem skills you should be ** years old or there abouts. I won't put the actual number though. I now know why BBUK calls you sir. :)
Yep, 76 years, 6 months and 1 day old.

I am a failed chemist. Hard courses and no jobs. The railroad hired me and wanted a business major, no chemistry. It worked out well. The last 20 years I worked in Chemical Sales and Marketing! I actually knew how soap was made and how dangerous liquified chlorine was!

Yep, 76 years, 6 months and 1 day old.

I am a failed chemist. Hard courses and no jobs. The railroad hired me and wanted a business major, no chemistry. It worked out well. The last 20 years I worked in Chemical Sales and Marketing! I actually knew how soap was made and how dangerous liquified chlorine was!
You have the same B-day as my youngest brother. I'm 23 yrs older than him.

I started out in Chemical Engineering and had the grades, but as I got into the Chem. Eng courses I decided I wasn't interested. Everything worked out great.

Spent a half hour this p.m. by myself talking with three Hwy Dept officials about the redesign of I-71/75 thru Cincy & Covington including a new, added bridge. The reason I had them to myself is because I was misinformed as to the design presentation time at the Kenton Cty Bldg & was two hours late. Everyone else had left. Good deal, really. Haha. They were talkative & straightened out my misconceptions.

New bridge will be 5 thru lanes for 71/74 versus current 4 & will have 6/5 lanes up the hill to Ft. Mitchell. Plus a lot of added side roads access, Current bridge will still be interstate, but used for local Cincy & Covington traffic. Call it a collector highway.

Looked good except that it ends southbound at Dixie Hwy/Ft. Mitchell as 4 lanes vs. all the way out to I275. I expect that will become the new choke area. They said there will probably a (much) smaller project afterwards to deal with that concern.

All said, I'll probably be dead before I see it. I mean it still isn't funded by Buttplug & Bite Me even with all the infrastructure funds allocated last year.

Also, won't have tolls. Bevin said he could support them in the 2019 election & it cost him 15-20K votes in NKy vs. 2015. He lost by 5K.

Hey D-Leaguers. So many of you were kind enough to send me good wishes that I wanted to let you know that I’m out of surgery and apparently everything went well.

I’m in the recovery room waiting to get feeling back below my waist so I can pass a Basic mobility test and get the hell out of this hospital.

Thanks again for all the prayers and good thoughts.

Hey D-Leaguers. So many of you were kind enough to send me good wishes that I wanted to let you know that I’m out of surgery and apparently everything went well.

I’m in the recovery room waiting to get feeling back below my waist so I can pass a Basic mobility test and get the hell out of this hospital.

Awesome news! Excellent. Get well soon.

Good news.

There's key area below the waist to get feeling back. You probably could use someone to help you out there - it won't be me.

Last edited:

Great to hear from you..... yeah a first for MdW from what I have read. No feeling below his waist... A first time for everything.... jk jk jk... Get well quick..... BHM......................................... Bum Hips Matter!!!

Just don't be too excited about getting feeling back! o_O

Thanks for the good report. Take it one step at a time and you will be back better than ever. Pain free . 🙏

Wonderful news! Early Christmas gift.

Also would as the D-League.... I have read and read and read this site. It seems I remember some have had works published. One goal I have is to submit some items for publishing to an agency I can trust for a fair shake. No rush as I'd have to finalize many but I am a good record keeper. No urgency at all. Just throwing it out. Thanks in any event.

Thanks for those hip —pun intended —jokes BBUK.

Back home in my own bed watching lame —another pun! —Christmas movies of the Hallmark variety with my equally crippled wife.

A sincere thanks to all of the D-League for caring and wishing me well. You guys are the best.

Back home in my own bed watching lame —another pun! —Christmas movies of the Hallmark variety with my equally crippled wife.

A sincere thanks to all of the D-League for caring and wishing me well. You guys are the best.

I am so thankful and actually shocked. I'd have thought a longer stay but as I say, I am thankful for you and your family. Just amazing, the capabilities today to correct malfunctions of the body.

Man we have had some parties the last several days. (Of the work variety.) Had a retirement luncheon from a man out of my office. We have our Agency luncheon tomorrow. Had my office luncheon late last week. Had my Agency Breakfast yesterday. It has been a LONG time since I have had those opportunities. I am thankful...

Should be a short day tomorrow as we should get out early and I have all my critical tasks accounted for, just need to complete some training. (I can do that from home or over the weekend.) One thing, I do have to come in Friday for about an hour and a half. (My day off.) Oh well, no biggie there... My Darling and I were going to try to go harvest some oysters Saturday. I am trying for that!

Have a peaceful and restful along with a HEALING rest of your evening....

Great news! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Yeah, I have watched a few of those myself lately. Daughter came out of her bedroom the other day and one of those movies was on the TV and she said that she could not see me watching those types of movies. I told her that I have to save the regular ones we watch each year for when her mother gets home because she wants to watch the traditional ones too. Most of the time if I am watching one, I generally dose off and on and don't remember it anyway.

We care because some of us have been through what you are going through now, I've had both mine replaced, just wanting you to get better. I'm not a doctor nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn, but you will be glad you had it done!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT