ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

30° this morning with light winds. Today's high around 50° and sunny.

Little workout planned for the morning and then on to the gym to train my student and after that back home for a nap. Someone asked me the other day after visiting one of the old offices I used to work in how I could just laze around and do nothing now. I told them that I don't just laze around and that I had a few things I did throughout the week but, I did them when I wanted and lazed around when I felt like it. Four dogs and three cats laying around help keep me company if I need it. While I do get a little antsy on occasion, for the most part retiring was the best move I have made in a while. A little over two years now and I am loving it.

Hey, you guys enjoy your day. Md and wife, here's wishing you two a speedy recovery with God's blessing.

Good morning folks.

Cold and "wintry mix" this morning in the east - somewhere between snow and sleet. May turn to a bit of real snow later.

My wife and I trying to get back to a semblance of normal today. Easier for me in some ways, as I can work from my home office.

Got through the night with little discomfort. So far, I've avoided taking any pain meds, which range up to pure, uncut oxycodone. Hope that continues. I have to by order of the doctor take a light med before my physical therapy session today just so they can do their worst.

Along with you guys cheering me up, two work buddies dropped this off last night, along with a bottle of wine for my wife:

I've never had it but have heard good things about it. Christmas is getting merrier.

Hope its a good day for everyone.

@MdWIldcat55 Forgot that tomorrow starts the Bowl games so, there are some football games being played tomorrow to watch. Not big names but, football none the less.
Thanks Warrior. I'm doing a light work-from-home load, but yeah, the football games will be a distraction.

And I know for us the Bengals are a major one as well when the weekend hits. I have been looking at those playoff calculators. Bengals almost certainly in but with everything to play for up to a division championship with a Ravens collapse - possible with their QB situation. Or at least hosting a home game.

Those early, stupid losses, especially to the Steelers, hurt now, but I guess rushing Burrow after the apendectomy would have been a mistake.

Good Morning D League

70° with stormy weather in the forecast. The high should reach 74°. There is a small craft advisory in the Gulf so if you have a small boat it is recommended you keep it out of the water today. The tornadoes going through the Deep South are in our vicinity so beware. We can handle hurricanes but tornadoes are an entirely different animal.

My daughter is spending the week over in Cedar Key, her favorite spot on earth, and they have a forecast that is a little more severe. Once this system passes it will be sunny skies and warm weather. It should be out of here by this evening.

Take care all,

Cedar Key (Population 702)

iu

Thanks Warrior. I'm doing a light work-from-home load, but yeah, the football games will be a distraction.

And I know for us the Bengals are a major one as well when the weekend hits. I have been looking at those playoff calculators. Bengals almost certainly in but with everything to play for up to a division championship with a Ravens collapse - possible with their QB situation. Or at least hosting a home game.

Those early, stupid losses, especially to the Steelers, hurt now, but I guess rushing Burrow after the apendectomy would have been a mistake.
Cincinnati definitely has the tougher schedule going forward between them and the Ravens though. With Brady and the Bucs licking their wounds, and the Patriots also in the hunt the next two games will not be easy even though they are down. Both of those are away and then we have the Bills and Ravens at home. Will be interesting for sure.

Last edited:
Good morning all,

Yep it seems ice is around this morning. I haven't been out yet but my oldest dropped off my grand daughter as her day care is closed today. We have been at it already running back and forth. She is with her grandma now in the other room after I worked her up into a frenzy. The little booger butt when I told her on the phone a couple days ago papa was gonna whoop her butt the two year old told me I was too far away and couldn't whoop her butt. I told her Papa would whoop her butt when she came here again. I got her!!! (We had a blast but Papa has to go back to work.)😍

I guess I will head into the office as we had a 0900 delay. Office golf and our agency luncheon is on tap. I better show... Have a great day! No coffee yet, gotta hit the pot.

Good morning everyone.

My Day of Leisure involved more housework than I had planned. lol We're having our annual Christmas Party for all of our great nephews (and their families and girlfriends) tomorrow. No kids for us so my wife's nephews have been coming to the house every Christmas (and summer) for a party for over 20 years. They're all over 20 now, but they still come to see their Auntie. Lots of reading as well yesterday.

Good news Md. I hope your therapy goes well today.

Sawnee...we visited Cedar Key our first year in the area. It was so crowded we couldn't find a parking spot. We haven't been back. Maybe one day we'll try it during the week while we're in the area.

Doc visit this morning for an annual checkup and very busy here til Monday. I hope everyone has a great day.

Good Morning D League

70° with stormy weather in the forecast. The high should reach 74°. There is a small craft advisory in the Gulf so if you have a small boat it is recommended you keep it out of the water today. The tornadoes going through the Deep South are in our vicinity so beware. We can handle hurricanes but tornadoes are an entirely different animal.

My daughter is spending the week over in Cedar Key, her favorite spot on earth, and they have a forecast that is a little more severe. Once this system passes it will be sunny skies and warm weather. It should be out of here by this evening.

Take care all,

Cedar Key (Population 702)

iu
"Travis McGee's still in Cedar Key
That's what John McDonald said"

Incommunicado lyrics by none other than Jimmy Buffett. Love how he worked a well know Floridian author into the song.

We got our rain event extended to 1.09" for the last two days. We can sure use it. It is a cool 42°F here on our way to a high of only 46°. Our unseasonal warmth is probably gone for good now.

@MdWIldcat55 good to hear the good news on your hip. I do suggest you take the maximum pain relief before the PT. I think that after the first two days you are going to be well on your way to recovery. My biggest complaint after the first two days was not being able to shower for a week. I covered the incision with a plastic bag and cheated.

We got our rain event extended to 1.09" for the last two days. We can sure use it. It is a cool 42°F here on our way to a high of only 46°. Our unseasonal warmth is probably gone for good now.

@MdWIldcat55 good to hear the good news on your hip. I do suggest you take the maximum pain relief before the PT. I think that after the first two days you are going to be well on your way to recovery. My biggest complaint after the first two days was not being able to shower for a week. I covered the incision with a plastic bag and cheated.
Thanks for that advice Bert. I'm eying the #3 med -- one step down from the Oxy - for a one-time use an hour or so before PT.

As for showering -- things have improved. They have a very tidy and fairly small waterproof bandage over my incision and they told me go ahead and shower away -- which I did this morning and the thing seems to be working.

My biggest complain so far is that I am not supposed to drive until explicitly cleared by the surgeon. No big deal for a couple days but I'll be ready to roll after that. The reason? Apparently some people with right hip surgery get behind the wheel and then in an emergency if forced to brake very hard either come up short or re-bust the joint.

We had a very, very hard rain this morning with wind gust of 60MPH. My wife loved it. She is stormy natured and loves rough weather. It should clear up this afternoon and be sunny later on. But that rain was hard for about 3 hours.

I sure would hate to be caught out in the Gulf in weather like that.

I just checked out the extended forecast for Christmas and it's going to be brutally cold:

Friday- 14 high/5 low
Christmas Eve- 17 high/10 low
Christmas- 25 high/14 low

My sister/BIL are coming in for the first time from Florida since 2019. It's going to be a real shock for them.

Thanks for that advice Bert. I'm eying the #3 med -- one step down from the Oxy - for a one-time use an hour or so before PT.

As for showering -- things have improved. They have a very tidy and fairly small waterproof bandage over my incision and they told me go ahead and shower away -- which I did this morning and the thing seems to be working.

My biggest complain so far is that I am not supposed to drive until explicitly cleared by the surgeon. No big deal for a couple days but I'll be ready to roll after that. The reason? Apparently some people with right hip surgery get behind the wheel and then in an emergency if forced to brake very hard either come up short or re-bust the joint.

Good to hear from you MdW... I am talking to my daughter who is a CRNA. Talking about you. She stated she worked at Mt. Vernon previously which is a fantastic Ortho place as far as surgeries. I have no idea but she stated that without me asking. (I was curious as to where she was working and mentioned you as she worked yesterday but she works at another place now.)

Good to hear from you MdW... I am talking to my daughter who is a CRNA. Talking about you. She stated she worked at Mt. Vernon previously which is a fantastic Ortho place as far as surgeries. I have no idea but she stated that without me asking. (I was curious as to where she was working and mentioned you as she worked yesterday but she works at another place now.)
BBUK - Thanks for asking about me. I had my surgery in Bethesda, Maryland, at Suburban Hospital. My wife works there in the surgical department so she cherry-picked the best surgeon in this part of Maryland for me. So far, so good. Had my first Physical Therapy session. A little discomfort comes with that, and you get a sense for just how far you have to go -- it doesn't matter your pain tolerance, the muscles and tendons just aren't strong enough yet to do 20 leg lifts straight out and hold for five seconds. I got about 17, which she said was the most she'd seen in a while, but I think she says that to all the guys.

BBUK - Thanks for asking about me. I had my surgery in Bethesda, Maryland, at Suburban Hospital. My wife works there in the surgical department so she cherry-picked the best surgeon in this part of Maryland for me. So far, so good. Had my first Physical Therapy session. A little discomfort comes with that, and you get a sense for just how far you have to go -- it doesn't matter your pain tolerance, the muscles and tendons just aren't strong enough yet to do 20 leg lifts straight out and hold for five seconds. I got about 17, which she said was the most she'd seen in a while, but I think she says that to all the guys.
Back in the late 70's I had a bad wreck. My left leg was in a cast from hip to toes for three months, then knee to toes for three more. My left leg was so weak that I couldn't push the clutch in on my car at first. Boy was I shocked at how weak I got, especially since I was a regular runner.

Good Friday Morning D

Today's weather is quite a contrast from yesterday's heavy rain and winds. It is sunny and will remain sunny all day but the temperatures have dropped and it will be cool. 52° at the present and it will drift up to 65°. A windbreaker or sweater for the gals will be nice to keep you warm. I see a lot of people out running today so they are enjoying a brisk workout.

Bowl games should be getting into full force and will be regular until after New Year's. Some great TV watching is ahead. I love football. I love to watch with a big turkey leg in one hand and a cold one in the other. Ah life is good.

I am headed out to the gym this morning for my cardiac workout then a few odds and ends before I head over to the Stone Crab shack and pick up some Gulf shrimp and some stone crabs to throw in the pot. I am ready.

I trust all are well and the MdWildcat55 family is mending well. God bless y'all.

This area, Aripeka, FL was a favorite fishing spot for Babe Ruth. He had a fishing cabin in the woods right on the water.

iu

iu

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

34° this morning with moderate winds (10-20mph) and a high of 43° expected.

@AustinTXCat I wonder what would happen if I ate only things that were covered in chocolate today. I bought some Anns Dark Chocolate covered cherries yesterday, I have some Klondike high protein oatmeal with dark chocolate chips in it, all natural dark chocolate candy bars, and enough dark chocolate chips in the house to cover a lot of the fruits I have in the house including me. Yes, I am a chocoholic.

A couple of low-end bowl games on tap for today. Maybe if I get enough caffein from the dark chocolate I won't fall asleep if they are snooze fest.
On the other hand, a chocolate coma might be welcomed.

TGIF for those of you working, get well fast for those of you hurting, and God Bless all regardless of what you are doing.

The Babe enjoyed the good life. This is his fishing cabin and his catch of the day. Washed down with a cold one.

iu

iu

iu
Me and the BABE had a lot in common. He liked to fish, have a brew or two and knock them out of the park. I like to fish, have a few and almost got knocked out at the park once.

Took a line drive off of the left side of my face during a softball tournament in Ardmore OK many years ago. Spun me completely around where I was facing second base and lying on the ground. Took me a about half a minute to gather my thoughts, move my mouth to see if anything was broken and then try to get up. Our catcher put his hands on my back and told me to stay down, but I told him I needed to let my wife know I was ok. He told me I was bleeding out of my left ear and that my wife was right in front of me between me and second base. She had run from the bleachers to the field to see if I was alright.

I wound up getting up slowly, watching the rest of the game with an ice bag on the left side of my face, then on to the hospital (after we lost the game) to get an x-ray. The doctor told me nothing was broken and while there was some internal bleeding in the ear, it had stopped. He then asked me if I had trouble hearing to which I replied: "What?" He asked me if I was serious, and I laughed and said no. The he angrily told me to "stop it!". He was not amused. I looked like the Elephant man for about a week after that.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 40°F and clear. Today's high expected around 53°F.

Fun times last night. Feeling rough this morning.

Happy Friday, y'all.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Today+is+National+Chocolate+Covered+Anything+Day.jpg
Good morning D-League. Rehab coming along well. No real pain. I took a couple Tylenol ahead of the PT session yesterday but that's it so far.

Austin sounds like he's the one in pain. Here's a George Jones song to put it in perspective. Then below that the4 Emmylou Harris version for Sawnee...

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

I bought some Anns Dark Chocolate covered cherries yesterday, I have some Klondike high protein oatmeal with dark chocolate chips in it, all natural dark chocolate candy bars, and enough dark chocolate chips in the house to cover a lot of the fruits I have in the house including me. Yes, I am a chocoholic.
@warrior-cat

I have several boxes of Queen Anne Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries ready to be gift wrapped. We use them as a gag gift or something that is expected and it always brings a smile.

It has been a family tradition all of my life to give a box to everyone in the family. I think it started in Sunday School class back when I was a boy. Every year we would draw names and we had a limit of money one could spend on a gift. It always worked out to be the amount of a box of chocolate covered cherries. So I got a box and I gave a box. One year I got a handkerchief and was horribly disappointed as the rest of the class chowed down on their chocolate covered cherries.

Enjoy. I have noticed the amount of pieces in a box has decreased over the years. Now you get 10 pieces and years ago it had to be double that.

iu

Good morning, D, read Luke 16 this morning.

Great day yesterday, SC got his shipment of glass from FedUp all-in one piece, nothing broken! I think his Uncle Ken was happy!!!!

Also yesterday, my daughter- in-law (JP's) mom came over, brought her best friend, she wanted to look at my ornaments, she said she might want to buy some ornaments, she left here with 20 ornaments, 3 bells and 7 crosses. She had ordered the crosses without looking at them, but she loved them, now I have 10 more to make for her!!! It makes me nervous to make something for someone with them just seeing a picture, pictures just can't show how beautiful stained-glass is!!!! I thank GOD for giving me the talent to do this kind of work!!!

I hope the D, has a great day and prayers for the D!!! Going to go to Hope-To-All, work for a little while, then go to one of the guys that I work with to look at some stained-glass stuff his late wife had, he wants to give it to me if I want it, only thing he ask, is if I could make a small case for his wife's BIBLE.

This man is a retired VET, great guy!!!! He served in the ARMY, he repaired hospital equipment all over for them, said he had three tours in Germany. Later D!!!!

Good morning D-League. Rehab coming along well. No real pain. I took a couple Tylenol ahead of the PT session yesterday but that's it so far.

Austin sounds like he's the one in pain. Here's a George Jones song to put it in perspective. Then below that the4 Emmylou Harris version for Sawnee...

Glad everything went good for you 55! Each time I had mine replaced, I had to stay at least 24 hours. My best friend had his done in November, had to be there at 7, after his surgery was over his wife went out to get some stuff out of the car to spend the night, they told her he's not staying, he's going home, he was home by 1:30!!!!

Glad everything went good for you 55! Each time I had mine replaced, I had to stay at least 24 hours. My best friend had his done in November, had to be there at 7, after his surgery was over his wife went out to get some stuff out of the car to spend the night, they told her he's not staying, he's going home, he was home by 1:30!!!!
Thanks Cord. Yeah, I was cut at about 1pm and riding home with my wife at the end of her shift at 6pm. —perfectly timed!!

it is amazing how fast they get you out of the hospital these days. I went in for kidney cancer surgery, checked in that morning, had surgery around noon and was released that evening. The doctor wanted to see if I would void urine and when I did he signed me out. My hospital records show I was an out patient. It saved a ton of money no doubt but I was glad to get the heck out of there. I don''t like being a patient in hospitals.

Me and the BABE had a lot in common. He liked to fish, have a brew or two and knock them out of the park. I like to fish, have a few and almost got knocked out at the park once.

Took a line drive off of the left side of my face during a softball tournament in Ardmore OK many years ago. Spun me completely around where I was facing second base and lying on the ground. Took me a about half a minute to gather my thoughts, move my mouth to see if anything was broken and then try to get up. Our catcher put his hands on my back and told me to stay down, but I told him I needed to let my wife know I was ok. He told me I was bleeding out of my left ear and that my wife was right in front of me between me and second base. She had run from the bleachers to the field to see if I was alright.

I wound up getting up slowly, watching the rest of the game with an ice bag on the left side of my face, then on to the hospital (after we lost the game) to get an x-ray. The doctor told me nothing was broken and while there was some internal bleeding in the ear, it had stopped. He then asked me if I had trouble hearing to which I replied: "What?" He asked me if I was serious, and I laughed and said no. The he angrily told me to "stop it!". He was not amused. I looked like the Elephant man for about a week after that.
Amazon product ASIN B09LGJSZYZ

Thanks for those hip —pun intended —jokes BBUK.

Back home in my own bed watching lame —another pun! —Christmas movies of the Hallmark variety with my equally crippled wife.

A sincere thanks to all of the D-League for caring and wishing me well. You guys are the best.
The main thing is to not let your boredom lead you into activities that you are not ready for.......take a bit and relax.....for a change......you two get better soon!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT