ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

When I moved from Jacksonville to Smiths Grove in 2000 we downsized. Our house was so crammed with furniture that we could not move around in it.

We gave a bunch of stuff to the kids and still were cramped.

So dumb Bert and Sherry immediately added on until we are back to the same size. We still have too much stuff. We should have had an estate sale and lived with it.
What area did you live in? Sister lived on Mandarin Rd in Jacksonville. Always took me to The Fish Camp when I came in, I think on Jullington Creek.

Last edited:
The 49ers got up 35-0 on the Tampa Bay...FoxNFL moved the game early in the 3rd quarter in my area to another game with a close score.

Do they ever do this in college basketball? I hate when UK has a game and we are waiting on another game to end and one team is up 23 points with 5 minutes to go and they won't switch over.

Yes, we have. I knew Bobby and Mike. My ex also attended Powell Valley HS.

Holy Shit - Im glad you brought this back up
So you're Bobbys age i think & did you go to PVHS?

I was the only one that went to Middlesboro HS
Only Kentucky fan besides Dad too [laughing]

so whats your name again?

We should plan a Cumberland Gap meet up sometime
OR...world domination -- your call

Good morning D-League. It's a cool 48° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. The afternoon forecast will not be much warmer, as the high will only reach 50° along with partly cloudy skies.

Hard to believe it's exactly 2 weeks until Christmas.

Have a great day.

63a8dbe5-e678-4fe4-957a-ad367913a3fa.jpg

Whst part of EKY?

I live in Winchester now - born in MBoro and lived down that way until i was 19 or so

Is Wolfe Co considered EKY?

Holy Shit - Im glad you brought this back up
So you're Bobbys age i think & did you go to PVHS?

I was the only one that went to Middlesboro HS
Only Kentucky fan besides Dad too [laughing]

so whats your name again?

We should plan a Cumberland Gap meet up sometime
OR...world domination -- your call
No, MHS. I called you a few years ago for a meetup at Angelo's, but message went to voicemail.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 58°F and foggy. Today's high expected around 72°F. Cold front moving in.

Another nearby homicide, according to the news. Good old North Austin.

Early voting for mayoral runoff wrapped up. I still have not cast a ballot. SOBs disenfranchised me by moving the polls. Figures.

Another weekend in the books. Monday, Monday.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Ambrosia-Day.png

Don't feel too sorry for him. This is his new girlfriend. The word is unlike his former wife, she likes football. I bet.

EuSupi6XIAoaEyu
That girl looks like she's had more work done on her face and body than the stretch of interstate near my house. It has all been expertly done. But I prefer the natural look.

I hope all is going well with the D-Leaguers. Good weekend - Cats win, Bengals win, Indiana and Louisville lose...

So, picking this up after a delay -- my wife called and said she fell during her morning run -- stepped on a large pine cone in the dark and badly twisted her ankle -- and I had to make a run to pick her up and check things out to make sure she didn't need a trip to the ER. Looks like just a bad sprain. It's always something in life. The two of us getting out of the car looked like wounded war refugees -- me with my hip 48 hours from surgery and her dragging an ankle. No one would believe about a year ago we ran a 10 K one day and hiked one of the most strenuous mountain trails in the Smokeys two days later. Ah well, we'll be back in performance shape soon enough I hope.

Have a good day folks.

Last edited:
That girl looks like she's had more work done on her face and body than the stretch of interstate near my house. It has all been expertly done. But I prefer the natural look.

I hope all is going well with the D-Leaguers. Good weekend - Cats win, Bengals win, Indiana and Louisville lose...

So, picking this up after a delay -- my wife called and said she fell during her morning run -- stepped on a large pine cone in the dark and badly twisted her ankle -- and I had to make a run to pick her up and check things out to make sure she didn't need a trip to the ER. Looks like just a bad sprain. It's alway something in life. The two of us getting out of the car looked like wounded war refugees -- me with my hip 48 hours from surgery and her dragging an ankle. No one would believe about a year ago we ran a 10 K one day and hiked one of the most strenuous mountain paths in the Smokeys two days later. Ah well, we'll be bad in performance shape soon enough I hope.

Have a good day folks.
Ah the price of staying in shape and keeping fit. It is dangerous.

And agree about the girl. I prefer the natural look also and the natural beauty of a woman. God did not make a mistake when he created Eve so why mess up a good thing.

Good Monday Morning D

Just finished a plate of ham and eggs, 59° with the sun rising and a high of 71°. Should be a nice day with a 15% chance of rain around 10:00 AM and 2% the rest if the day.

I have my morning workout at the gym, mostly cardiac but some strengthening of my arms. Got to keep them in shape now that the shoulder pain is mostly gone.

Less than two weeks until Christmas and I have everything finished thanks to online shopping. I like shopping from the house and having it delivered to the front door. I never was much for crowds and cities. I let the women folks do all that, just leave me at the house.

Take care all. Don't forget to grab a big sack of stone crab claws.

307386997_23851604970530171_328073485294519525_n.png

Mike Leach air lifted to University of Mississippi Hospital. Doesn’t sound good.

Many rumors going around...I hope the worst of the rumors are wrong. I love characters, I enjoy people who seem themselves and don't fix their tie and say what they think is expected of them to say. Hell...over the years I lost the disdain for Steve Spurrier who use to run the score up on us and appreciated some of the great one-liners and quotes you wouldn't get out of 99 percent of coaches that he would say about so many teams.

Leach was great to listen to, you never knew where he was going...he was never boring, did I read it right he had a law degree? This one bothers me.

Clips like the one below made him so fun...

Last edited:
Many rumors going around...I hope the worst of the rumors are wrong. I love characters, I enjoy people who seem themselves and don't fix their tie and say what they think is expected of them to say. Hell...over the years I lost the disdain for Steve Spurrier who use to run the score up on us and appreciated some of the great one-liners and quotes you wouldn't get out of 99 percent of coaches that he would say about so many teams.

Leach was great to listen to, you never knew where he was going...he was never boring, did I read it write he had a law degree? This one bothers me.

Clips like the one below made him so fun...

Prayers for Mike Leach. I really like the man and his coaching. When he was at UK we had an offense that would light you up. I miss that.

God bless and be with Mike Leach and his family.

What area did you live in? Sister lived on Mandarin Rd in Jacksonville. Always took me to The Fish Camp when I came in, I think on Jullington Creek.
The last 8 years were in Hidden Hills Country Club which is on the Northeast side of town, just South of Fort Caroline National Memorial.

I have eaten there often, but Julington Creek is about 30 miles or so from Hidden Hills.

So, it's official: My wife's ankle was fractured by that fall this morning. Odd turn of events. She was planning to help me through any hip surgery issues but now I'm helping her deal with a broken ankle. Looks like no surgery necessary for her: Just a boot.
I sure hate to hear that. A fracture of a weight bearing bone is bad news but no surgery required is good news. We are praying for her and wishing you and the Mrs the best.

I sure hate to hear that. A fracture of a weight bearing bone is bad news but no surgery required is good news. We are praying for her and wishing you and the Mrs the best.
I was nervous at first but the sawbones said we wouldn't have to put her down like Ruffian...

Thanks for the prayers and concern Sawnee. Apparently she's going to be able to work and get by with a soft boot on her ankle.

I hope this is a moment where she reconsiders all this running she does to stay capable of competing in marathons. She cracked a pelvis a few years back, which was no joke in terms of pain and mobility limiting. That DID require surgery. Then during the Philadelphia marathon a few years back she was tripped in the scrum of runners and fell on her face, getting a nasty black eye and badly bruised hands. She actually finished the whole race, which I know is more than I would have done since I can't run a marathon in the first place...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT