ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Would Cal use the concussion or covid protocol? Just considered it at this point. I am no basketball anything except a UK fan but this team is better than how they are playing since the season started. Where did things go wrong...? Not enough coaching up or too much coaching up? In any event it looks like there is no cohesion at all in this teams schema. (Just an observation but this team looks totally confused... that comes with a divided front from the coaching department. (Pick a subject either work or sports related and that is what happens when a good team is playing like this...))

It's still early in the season. Plenty of time for corrections BUT, and I'm a Cal supporter, if the Cats don't make it to a Final 4 this year or next then Cal is out of here. Like I said, plenty of time left to change things.

I've noticed this type of play past mid-season in the past from Cal's teams as if something new was introduced. If this is an early version I DO hope all is resolved sooner rather than later. Hard stomaching this type of team effort and execution... a helter skelter type effort. Really confusing as this team has the skillset.

I always wondered what happened to the Sherminator on American Pie.

exz1cv0y1apy.gif

In stall ball you pull it back and set a play and run it. When you are down 11 with TWO minutes to play you do NOT pass it around the horn. (Yeah I am a novice but I too can play the percentages in reverse stall ball... possessions need to be at least doubled. attack, attack, attack.,...unless you are afraid.)

Good afternoon folks. AN uneventful 550 mile drive back to Maryland from Kentucky.

I used to pride myself in making the trip with one stop when I was by myself -- a well timed stop to get gas and grab a sandwich.

I'd loosen up enough for a second stop when I had the wife and kids in the car, but imposed iron law on other frivolous stops merely to "stretch legs" or "take a break."

Now its a four-pee stops trip for me. Aggravating, but nothing I can do about it. I do time them to rest areas where you can pull off and pull back on. I saw rest areas today in Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania.

Forgettable 8 days for Cat fans.
Well poop. And poop poop.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

29° with light winds and partly cloudy skies. Today to be in the mid 50's.

Throw last night's game in the trash, venting is over. Let's prepare for the next game and the holiday week. Wife works today but will be off tomorrow through Monday next week. She will get plenty of work preparing for Thanksgiving, will rest on Friday, then likes to decorate for Christmas Saturday and Sunday.

Like always, those traveling be safe out there and God Bless.

Last edited:
Good Monday Morning D

51° on my part of the Gulf Coast with 8 mph winds and the temperature is expected to reach 72° with scattered clouds. The rain has moved on.

Headed to work out this morning. cardiac only with a little stretching and work on that dang left shoulder of mine. It is much better but it takes time.

I am listening to the radio and my gun shop owner is on talking about how the U.S. govt is making it hard on dealers like him. But he is not bowing down and is running some nice specials on guns and ammo. Thankful I live where I do.

Trust all are well and in good spirits and health.

296732500_10219923910197751_7614305355386246933_n.jpg

Good morning everyone.

Was busy yesterday with church prep (I help setup), church, cutting up deer (DIY), and then the ballgame.

Wife's Doc visit today to check on her allergies. She discovered acid reflux was not her issue. She is allergic to bleached flour and modified food and corn starch. It's very difficult for her to find food free of all of these ingredients. Eating out and a little shopping after the appointment.

@Sawnee Cat How close are you to the Gulf? We'll be in Astor for our vacation this winter instead of the Nature Coast. We'll miss that area for sure.

@AustinTXCat Enjoy your trip back to the mountains. Wish the weather was better for you.

Edit: Quick peak at RR and I'll hustle back over here. I just don't need the negativity in my life.

@Sawnee Cat How close are you to the Gulf? We'll be in Astor for our vacation this winter instead of the Nature Coast. We'll miss that area for sure.
About 6 or 7 miles as the crow flies. Our property is just east of the Weeki Wachee Preserve and that runs down to the Gulf of Mexico. Very little houses behind me to the Gulf. Just a few hunting and fishing cabins. Nothing over a couple of stories.

It is very quiet and laid back and off the beaten path. There is one road leading into our area and you go out the same way you came in. Unless you have a swamp buggy. The red line in this image is the Weeki Wachee River that originates at the Spring and runs to the Gulf. This is salt marsh land and thick "jungle like" woods with lots of wildlife, big and small. I am a tad South of the spring and further West. The lake behind my house is a part of the underground water system that forms the powerful spring coming out of the ground. This is the home of the Mermaids.

iu

@storm1507

Storm I love Astor and Lake County. My niece and her husband and family live in Umatilla. Their property is at the South edge of the Ocala National Forest. That is real Old Florida and some of those off the beaten path roads are where you do not want to tread.

There are some rough folks out there who have checked out of civilization. They live off of the land and don't mess with anybody unless. Lake County lives up to its name with some of the best fresh water fishing in the state. The little town of Umatilla is right off SR 19.

ssv2

That area is great Sawnee. We did the kayaking trip down the Weeki Wachee our first year visiting the area. Love it.

I have cousins just above Ocala so we'll be visiting the Ocala Nat. Forest several times and we'll be kayaking Silver Springs for sure. If my wife wasn't such a home body (the mountain girl in her) I'd be staying down there for a month or two during the winter.

Good morning folks.

Settling into a short but intense work week. It'll be a relatively quiet Thanksgiving for us -- I had the family visit in Kentucky this past weekend and only one of my three kids will make it to Maryland for the Big Day. I keep having those Norman Rockwell dreams of being the Dad presiding over a Thanksgiving with all my kids and my grandkids and assorted other relatives. But it turns out everyone has their own lives -- my daughter and her husband in Kansas City, my son in Lexington and so on.

Some year that will happen, but not this year.

Hope you all have plans to see everyone special to you.

Last edited:
Great talent w/minimal effort last night. Pitiful
Can't make the winning plays in crucial situations...includes defense too.
They will be good this season and make it to Sweet16, maybe Final Four even. But if the game is on the line they aint winning (at this time). I know, its still early...
Unless the team can figure it out, I'm not sure Cal will.
Hopefully they will make a liar out of me.
Meh...oh well, Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

My wife has been in the allergy clinic for 4.5 hours now. She texted that she is allergic to dogs, cats and birds. lol. She's had dogs most of her life and have had a bird now over 7. She said she'll avoid cats. She dislikes cats.
I am extremely allergic to cats and the cross I have to bear in this life is marrying a cat lover and having a daughter even worse. So to keep peace in the family I suffer through life trusting the Lord will keep me away from them in my heavenly home.

I sneeze, I cough, I feel horrible around them and it is pure hell. Needless to elaborate, I dislike cats.

Good morning everyone.

Was busy yesterday with church prep (I help setup), church, cutting up deer (DIY), and then the ballgame.

Wife's Doc visit today to check on her allergies. She discovered acid reflux was not her issue. She is allergic to bleached flour and modified food and corn starch. It's very difficult for her to find food free of all of these ingredients.

A lot of people are finding this out these days. It's likely the bromine they use now in bleaching the flour and the starch, but could also be the concentrated glyphosate in corn and wheat (sonce they use the glyphosate to dessicate the wheat faster). My friends wife has a similar allergy. She now gets her flour directly from Weisenberger(?) Mill in georgetown/midway KY. Hasn't had an issue since. They must do things better

Hope you can find good ways to avoid it

A lot of people are finding this out these days. It's likely the bromine they use now in bleaching the flour and the starch, but could also be the concentrated glyphosate in corn and wheat (sonce they use the glyphosate to dessicate the wheat faster). My friends wife has a similar allergy. She now gets her flour directly from Weisenberger(?) Mill in georgetown/midway KY. Hasn't had an issue since. They must do things better

Hope you can find good ways to avoid it
Thanks. We know it's the chemicals in the process but not sure which ones. The allergist actually argued with her that it can't be the chemicals. She promised to do some research. Yeah, right.
My wife figured out on her own the bleached flour vs unbleached was the cause of her issues. Then figured the modified stuff was as well. Now that she's avoided those things her problems are worse. She had problems at church when they were baking something in the big kitchen. Less than 5 min in Little Ceasar caused problems too.

Great talent w/minimal effort last night. Pitiful
Can't make the winning plays in crucial situations...includes defense too.
They will be good this season and make it to Sweet16, maybe Final Four even. But if the game is on the line they aint winning (at this time). I know, its still early...
Unless the team can figure it out, I'm not sure Cal will.
Hopefully they will make a liar out of me.
Meh...oh well, Happy Thanksgiving everybody.
I really hope that they make a liar out of you and me. I would love to be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT