ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I am not knocking your post UK82, just expressing my grievance

USC has played two ranked teams and lost to one and won one. Utah beat them and lowly Florida beat Utah. When you play a bunch of whusses the stats really look good.

Michigan has played one ranked team. GEEZE. They will play Ohio State and I will probably root for Ohio State simply because Michigan played no one other than Penn State. Even Ohio State's biggest games have been against Penn State and the super tough Notre Dame. But they have played two ranked teams, even though I doubt that ND could finish 3rd in the SEC east. GEEZE again.

Of the four undefeated teams, Ohio State, Michigan, Georgia and TCU: only includes one team has played a tough schedule and that is Georgia. They beat the crap out of Oregon and Tennessee, both ranked. Plus they soundly beat South Carolina, Florida, Auburn and Mississippi State. Those other three got to play terribly weak teams who could not beat our lowly Kentucky Wildcats.

I hope and pray that this year's SEC rep in the play offs will whip ass like Georgia and Alabama did last year because the bastards that run the play offs will make sure we never have two SEC schools in the system again. (Just my biased view as they hate the horrible SEC.)

I apologize in advance for being nasty but this bunch of whuss conferences really bother me when ESPN tries to tell me that they are "POWERS". Bull hocky.
Couldn't agree more Bert. Unfortunately if USC beats Notre Dame and wins the PAC 12 championship game then most likely they're in. The PAC 12 top to bottom has sucked for quite some time now. I'm all for going back to an 11-game season and adding an extra game to the playoffs. An 8-team playoff to me makes more sense. Just my thoughts.

F3368.jpg

I ran a 10k race once and as I remember I finished around 48 or 49 minutes (Never stopped running but slow. I had the wind.). I maxed the PT run once BUT, my Sergeant who actually made NCO of the year while I was at Fort Huachuca (Best shape of my life) knew how hard I tried and as I remember to max the two mile it was I think 13:05 or 13:02 while I was hoofing it my Sergeant called out the last number to max six or seven times knowing how badly I wanted to max the PT test just once. (I will never forget that man and cannot remember his name. (I partied hearty back then but was still a soldier to the core and he knew it.) (So many great memories and interactions with that man. All on duty during the course of the work day(s).
Beeno sometimes helps with that.

Waiting for the new fridge. 2-6 is the best I could get.....
On Sunday? No way we could get any delivery on Sunday. They roll up the sidewalks in town. Some of the large national chain stores are open but no mom and pop and even the big stores don't deliver on Sunday. I can't recall them delivering on Saturday either but they may. I just have not seen it.

On Sunday? No way we could get any delivery on Sunday. They roll up the sidewalks in town. Some of the large national chain stores are open but no mom and pop and even the big stores don't deliver on Sunday. I can't recall them delivering on Saturday either but they may. I just have not seen it.

Lowe's....never stops here. Still waiting....

Roads just as crowded, doesn't even slow down on weekends. I wish it would ..

Safe travels to and from (or fro) for all those on the road this Thanksgiving season.
We have 2 fireplaces, a wood burning and a gas. You probably burn much more wood than we do, only 2-3 ricks per year, but there's something about a roaring fire that makes the cold winter months much more tolerable. Cozy. Especially during the holidays.
The Thanksgiving feast event begins the "holy day" season that correlates the pagan Celtic/Nordic winter soltIce celebrations with the renewal of life in the spring and birth of our spiritual messiah. At least for me.

Last edited:
Dark here too Sir but it was dark the last time they showed up.

Have to work in the morning and wanted to get a report outlined this evening. Only working two days this week......lots to do...been sitting for four hours....

Not to even mention trying to watch the game....;)
Now this would make me mad. Showing up while the Cats are playing on TV and making so much noise it distracts from the game.

Get out of here. :mad:

Good afternoon folks. AN uneventful 550 mile drive back to Maryland from Kentucky.

I used to pride myself in making the trip with one stop when I was by myself -- a well timed stop to get gas and grab a sandwich.

I'd loosen up enough for a second stop when I had the wife and kids in the car, but imposed iron law on other frivolous stops merely to "stretch legs" or "take a break."

Now its a four-pee stops trip for me. Aggravating, but nothing I can do about it. I do time them to rest areas where you can pull off and pull back on. I saw rest areas today in Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania.

Good afternoon folks. AN uneventful 550 mile drive back to Maryland from Kentucky.

I used to pride myself in making the trip with one stop when I was by myself -- a well timed stop to get gas and grab a sandwich.

I'd loosen up enough for a second stop when I had the wife and kids in the car, but imposed iron law on other frivolous stops merely to "stretch legs" or "take a break."

Now its a four-pee stops trip for me. Aggravating, but nothing I can do about it. I do time them to rest areas where you can pull off and pull back on. I saw rest areas today in Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania.
That is exactly how I play it driving up I75 from Florida to Kentucky. I know where every rest area is and stop once for something to eat. Usually Chick Fil A except if we are driving on Sunday then it is BBQ in Georgia.

Our last trip we stopped at Bucs (The Beaver) and it was like going to a mall. So much stuff it took half a day to get out of there. But the brisket was really good.

I still drive straight through but it takes an hour more now that I am not as young and my wife drives a few miles. It is now a 13 hour trip. We leave at 5:00 AM and get there for supper

TMI

Sounds like your Lowe's is about the same as the one we have here, not so good.

Yeah I have had decent service out of the Lowe's in Woodbridge Virginia where my daughter actually lives but the fridge actually is coming from the Stafford Virginia store. Pretty pathetic. I have no issues with things coming up but when you KNOW you are running late or are not able to make it some phone calls are in order.

I will work a discount out of this which is the consolation but at a certain point....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT