ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

vHLe4rZDXwBR4NKo-XVpltq6TVkCxRYm9al53kBbnDBXLrp0wolQmtA_-d1of1Z6Qaw8GutldSLrtKEIMIbxX3hsWRQYOpCFVTA3tIw_7pg68Eh3_w=s0-d-e1-ft

The only consolation is SC seems to be a good team. Vanderbilt won as well... "at least that's something" :(
I guess the days of making fun of South Carolina are coming to an end. If you score 63 on Tennessee, ranked 5th in the nation, it is time to take a team serious.

Meanwhile down here, the Gators are falling apart with a half a dozen players entering the portal with games left to play. It is so bad a lot of Gator fans have made videos expressing their frustrations and I would love to post them on the D League. But I can't, this is a family site. Believe me they are vicious but too much profanity.

The SEC is going through a shake up.

Good Sunday Morning D

This is not a day for the beach. We have cloudy skies with moderately rough seas and a small craft advisory for the Gulf of Mexico. Leave your smaller boat at the dock. It is 50° at the present and the high will reach 55° with a 95% chance of rain. Just NASTY, NASTY weather. Ugh. I see where some place in New York got 77 inches of snow. So I guess we are blessed to have 50 degree weather. Count your blessing one by one.

The grandkids will be all coming home for Thanksgiving and I told them I will be there with a surprise or two. It will be nice to have everyone around the table because it has been a while since we could do that. And as time goes on it will be less and less. I am anxious to hear how life is at the AF Academy and my grandson's progression in research at the Cincinnati Children Hospital. He is working in the DNA lab over there while preparing for a career in medicine. I trust all are well and bundle up and stay warm.

306123862_8672210679459293_6287364928816976751_n.jpg

No link, but on a Cardinal baseball forum, they are saying Yadier Molina while managing a team in the Venezuelan League has been kicked out of three straight baseball games. Earlier this year, he was kicked out of a basketball game for kicking a basketball. He owned the team and was rehabbing from a knee injury with St Louis baseball.

Good morning all,

A rough night... My grandson had a high fever, took ice packs and his mom coming home from work. She's an RN and slept here with him. He is with his grandma right now, making and eating his favorite banana pancakes. He eats them nearly every morning.

I am thankful...

A long time ago I ran 8 miles (or more) every day for a full year, just to see if I could do it. I was weird like that on physical things. Once you build a little body heat up, the cold doesn't bother you.
My son is a marathon runner and has competed in Philadelphia and Chicago to name a few. He qualified for the Boston Marathon and was all ready to go when COVID hit and they cancelled it.

He runs everyday a minimum of 6 miles and about 3X a week 12 miles. Before going to work. He has been doing that for many years. His best buddy has been on the UK football staff and keeps in top shape and they run together often. They have known each other for over 30 years and went to UK at the same time. They began running together then. The grandkids ran with him before they went off to school and continue to run at college. I told him to slow it down but he is not listening to the old man.

I honestly think it is an addiction but he is excellent health and has been all of his life. I guess the only way he will slow down is if his bones get the best of him. The aging process is brutal on runners. I stopped running distance when I turned 50. In part due to traveling so much and not enough time and lack of desire to run in a strange city by myself at 5:00 AM. I continued racket ball to keep in shape and lifted weights for toning and flab removal.

My son is a marathon runner and has competed in Philadelphia and Chicago to name a few. He qualified for the Boston Marathon and was all ready to go when COVID hit and they cancelled it.

He runs everyday a minimum of 6 miles and about 3X a week 12 miles. Before going to work. He has been doing that for many years. His best buddy has been on the UK football staff and keeps in top shape and they run together often. They have known each other for over 30 years and went to UK at the same time. They began running together then. The grandkids ran with him before they went off to school and continue to run at college. I told him to slow it down but he is not listening to the old man.

I honestly think it is an addiction but he is excellent health and has been all of his life. I guess the only way he will slow down is if his bones get the best of him. The aging process is brutal on runners. I stopped running distance when I turned 50. In part due to traveling so much and not enough time and lack of desire to run in a strange city by myself at 5:00 AM. I continued racket ball to keep in shape and lifted weights for toning and flab removal.
I have the joints of a 100 old man. It takes a brave person to get old on bad joints.

You are correct, absolutely. There is a real thing called a "runner's high". Between running and other physical activities, I went overboard on, this old body has a lot of excess miles on it that remind me of it daily.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

Woke up to 24° this morning with a high of 50° expected. Wife and daughter stayed up late with the wife's mother and brother. They did not go to bed until they left around 0230 this morning. Wife just got up and daughter is still in bed.

2 games to watch today starting with the Bengals at 1530 and the Cats at 1830 (all times Central). Probably watch NFL Red Zone at noon just to have something to do.

Nothing else to report.

Just relax and enjoy the day folks and as always, God Bless.

Yeah, I used to do a lot of running too until around 50 or so, then just quit and concentrated my exercise regime to strength training and Karate to stay limber. Keeps me in shape to continue to play ball. At 65 my knees do hurt until warmed up as do my shoulders and hands on occasion. If it gets too bad, I will then concentrate on 12-ounce curls, cast outs, and pull ins. As long as I don't hook in to Lock Ness, I will still have enough strength to bring them in.

Last edited:
You are correct, absolutely. There is a real thing called a "runner's high". Between running and other physical activities, I went overboard on, this old body has a lot of excess miles on it that remind me of it daily.
I have the joints of a 100 old man. It takes a brave person to get old on bad joints.
Every day I think I am ready to get back in the running game I am reminded of who I am. All I need to do is pull up my X-rays and face reality. I am just thankful I am able to walk and had it not been for the skills of a an excellent surgeon and the Grace of God I would be in a wheel chair.

I have more metal in my back than an L&N railroad track. When they dig up my bones they are going to say, that boy sure had some back problems. And they would be right.

316414050_5713505582035804_8328315676237418532_n.jpg

316426664_5713505878702441_603526286894885188_n.jpg

Yeah, I used to do a lot of running too until around 50 or so, then just quit and concentrated my exercise regime to strength training and Karate to stay limber. Keeps me in shape to continue to play ball. At 65 my knees do hurt until warmed up as do my shoulders and hands on occasion. If it gets to bad I will then concentrate on 12-ounce curls, cast outs, and pull ins. As long as I don't hook in to Lock Ness, I will still have enough strength to bring them in.

Da creechdure...

I always approached running as I did what I had to do. Not that I didn't want to run but I saw so many effortlessly enjoying what I had to make myself do. My build never allowed it. Even at 150 pounds, My idea Army weight of 170 or so and definitely not at 220. Got out of the Army at 183 and was heck on wheels but a runner.....nope, never.... I'd have liked to be a runner for sure.🥇

I can believe this study. I have seen it and experienced this when I was younger. Running and physical made me think clearer, no doubt about that. Both my son and his wife are in medicine and they do a lot of study in the field of physical activity. They raised their children to be active and competitive in sports. All three of them compete now in some form or fashion. The youngest is an excellent swimmer and swims year round competitively. One son is on the Ultimate Frisbee team of his university. A fun and very good non contact sport to keep you in shape. He also runs as does my swimmer grandchild. The entire family runs.

A Family That Runs Together Stays Together. Or run off together.

I always approached running as I did what I had to do. Not that I didn't want to run but I saw so many effortlessly enjoying what I had to make myself do. My build never allowed it. Even at 150 pounds, My idea Army weight of 170 or so and definitely not at 220. Got out of the Army at 183 and was heck on wheels but a runner.....nope, never.... I'd have liked to be a runner for sure.🥇
My athletic abilities were limited, but I wanted to compete as best I could. For me, that meant being the best conditioned guy participating. The more tired the other guy got, the better I got. I went for a year once doing 4 miles a day, a minimum of 1000 ab reps of various kinds every day-most days 3 or 4 thousand, and moderate weights every other day. Lots of beer back then. My weight stayed the same, but I gained a half inch in my waist. I've mentioned I was weird.

I watched the USC/UCLA game last night. Hell of a game. Now that UT is out of the picture USC controls their own destiny for a playoff spot. Their QB had over 500 yards passing.
I am not knocking your post UK82, just expressing my grievance

USC has played two ranked teams and lost to one and won one. Utah beat them and lowly Florida beat Utah. When you play a bunch of whusses the stats really look good.

Michigan has played one ranked team. GEEZE. They will play Ohio State and I will probably root for Ohio State simply because Michigan played no one other than Penn State. Even Ohio State's biggest games have been against Penn State and the super tough Notre Dame. But they have played two ranked teams, even though I doubt that ND could finish 3rd in the SEC east. GEEZE again.

Of the four undefeated teams, Ohio State, Michigan, Georgia and TCU: only includes one team has played a tough schedule and that is Georgia. They beat the crap out of Oregon and Tennessee, both ranked. Plus they soundly beat South Carolina, Florida, Auburn and Mississippi State. Those other three got to play terribly weak teams who could not beat our lowly Kentucky Wildcats.

I hope and pray that this year's SEC rep in the play offs will whip ass like Georgia and Alabama did last year because the bastards that run the play offs will make sure we never have two SEC schools in the system again. (Just my biased view as they hate the horrible SEC.)

I apologize in advance for being nasty but this bunch of whuss conferences really bother me when ESPN tries to tell me that they are "POWERS". Bull hocky.

Every day I think I am ready to get back in the running game I am reminded of who I am. All I need to do is pull up my X-rays and face reality. I am just thankful I am able to walk and had it not been for the skills of a an excellent surgeon and the Grace of God I would be in a wheel chair.

I have more metal in my back than an L&N railroad track. When they dig up my bones they are going to say, that boy sure had some back problems. And they would be right.

316414050_5713505582035804_8328315676237418532_n.jpg

316426664_5713505878702441_603526286894885188_n.jpg
The Tingler?

My athletic abilities were limited, but I wanted to compete as best I could. For me, that meant being the best conditioned guy participating. The more tired the other guy got, the better I got. I went for a year once doing 4 miles a day, a minimum of 1000 ab reps of various kinds every day-most days 3 or 4 thousand, and moderate weights every other day. Lots of beer back then. My weight stayed the same, but I gained a half inch in my waist. I've mentioned I was weird.
I used to loop this song on my Walkman when training and just go. When running the privates I always took the fast group. Other DI's used to say I ran like a machine.

I am not knocking your post UK82, just expressing my grievance

USC has played two ranked teams and lost to one and won one. Utah beat them and lowly Florida beat Utah. When you play a bunch of whusses the stats really look good.

Michigan has played one ranked team. GEEZE. They will play Ohio State and I will probably root for Ohio State simply because Michigan played no one other than Penn State. Even Ohio State's biggest games have been against Penn State and the super tough Notre Dame. But they have played two ranked teams, even though I doubt that ND could finish 3rd in the SEC east. GEEZE again.

Of the four undefeated teams, Ohio State, Michigan, Georgia and TCU: only includes one team has played a tough schedule and that is Georgia. They beat the crap out of Oregon and Tennessee, both ranked. Plus they soundly beat South Carolina, Florida, Auburn and Mississippi State. Those other three got to play terribly weak teams who could not beat our lowly Kentucky Wildcats.

I hope and pray that this year's SEC rep in the play offs will whip ass like Georgia and Alabama did last year because the bastards that run the play offs will make sure we never have two SEC schools in the system again. (Just my biased view as they hate the horrible SEC.)

I apologize in advance for being nasty but this bunch of whuss conferences really bother me when ESPN tries to tell me that they are "POWERS". Bull hocky.
When you play for the SEC Championship you play for College Football's National Championship. It is a fact.

When I was in the Army I could climb hand over hand ropes as high as they had them available and never use my legs and never stopped to rest. I could do push-ups as fast as you could count along with setups. I could do 25 to 35 good pulls-ups on any given day. (I had a washboard stomach for about two years. Never before that and never since. Well, I actually still had my washboard stomach up until just recently but it had a decent cushion covering it. No pot-belly just flab. Stomach still relatively flat.

I ran a 10k race once and as I remember I finished around 48 or 49 minutes (Never stopped running but slow. I had the wind.). I maxed the PT run once BUT, my Sergeant who actually made NCO of the year while I was at Fort Huachuca (Best shape of my life) knew how hard I tried and as I remember to max the two mile it was I think 13:05 or 13:02 while I was hoofing it my Sergeant called out the last number to max six or seven times knowing how badly I wanted to max the PT test just once. (I will never forget that man and cannot remember his name. (I partied hearty back then but was still a soldier to the core and he knew it.) (So many great memories and interactions with that man. All on duty during the course of the work day(s).

I used to loop this song on my Walkman when training and just go. When running the privates I always took the fast group. Other DI's used to say I ran like a machine.

The year I did so much ab work, I had read a story in SI about this guy. He was a boxer who spent a lot of years in the pen. The SI story was slightly different than in this link, but the gist is he was shot several times at point blank range and was so thickly muscled he was not seriously hurt. I decided to work at it a year. I didn't count it toward my reps, but I'd lay on the couch watching TV and drop a 16-pound bowling ball on my stomach instead of the traditional medicine ball..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT