ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D, read 2 Cor. 2

Thank you to all who served.

We went from 80 degrees Thursday, to 30 this morning and a coating of snow on our cars!!!

Good to see everybody here on the D, welcome to the new ones, great place to land with great people!!!!

Good luck to the deer hunters!

Since it's so cold, a big pot of veggie soup is going to be made!!!

I hope the D has a great day! I hope Bev is ok!!!! Later D!!!!

Good morning folks. Clear, cool and bright in the east. A lovely morning.

Cats with a decent performance last night. Can this outside shooting hold up? I hope so but I’m always a little nervous about relying on that. What you can rely on is defense and this is a good defensive team that may become excellent over time.

Heard from my wife from Guyana last night. 12 hour days with people needed help stacked up at the clinic where she is working. Proud of her.

Hope you all have a good day.

Good morning folks. Clear, cool and bright in the east. A lovely morning.

Cats with a decent performance last night. Can this outside shooting hold up? I hope so but I’m always a little nervous about relying on that. What you can rely on is defense and this is a good defensive team that may become excellent over time.

Heard from my wife from Guyana last night. 12 hour days with people needed help stacked up at the clinic where she is working. Proud of her.

Hope you all have a good day.
You should be proud. Highly commendable.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 49° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. The afternoon will see showers becoming a steady rain and a high of 51°. Tonight we could see some flurries or snow showers.

Have a great day.

resized_FI_Getty_Phoenix-AZ-skyline.jpg

Visited USS AZ some 10 years ago. There are marble blocks with places to inscribe names of those survivors who may want to be buried there. Sad somber place. Like Tomb of the Unknown and Vietnam Memorial.
When I visited it was a very somber place and there were many WWII Vets there. I went about 25 years ago.

Hawaii was a big spot for Japanese tourists then and as we moved in the line there was a very large group of Japanese tourist. They were laughing and very loud and not respectful of the scene below. I saw a few old vets looking in their direction and expected WWII to start all over again with the look on their face at the Japanese laughing tourist. They were livid and their faces turned beet red with rage.

It was touching and I could not hold back a tear as I went by and looked down at the Arizona. Maybe people of my age born during WWII have a different perspective on these things. We were raised in families that had fought in the South Pacific and carried the scars that lasted forever. I had four uncles in the Navy during WWII, all dead now. All were in very fierce battles at sea. They went in just carefree boys but came out hardened and tough as steel.

I am grateful and thank God for the military history in my family that goes back before the founding of our nation. When they died I promised to never forget. Never forget.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

29° this morning with a high of 50° expected. Sunshine for the day with moderate winds.

Game last night while not great was good. Can see Onyenso developing into a nice asset down low to compliment Oscar and our shooting should be much better this year. Yeah, still early but, Duquesne did put pressure on us last night which I liked because it made us play harder in route to the win. That will help this team prepare going forward for teams who pressure a lot and have better players.

Need to hold serve on the gridiron today and not look forward to next week. Win today and hope to split the next two. Georgia will be very hard to win (highly unlikely) but UL while winnable will not be as easy as it has been the past couple of years. We will see what they really look like today win they actually play a team with some skills.

Well, you guys sit back and relax as the weekend continues (Started yesterday) and may God Bless you all.

Oh, and by the way, IT'S GAME DAY!

Game-day.gif

When I visited it was a very somber place and there were many WWII Vets there. I went about 25 years ago.

Hawaii was a big spot for Japanese tourists then and as we moved in the line there was a very large group of Japanese tourist. They were laughing and very loud and not respectful of the scene below. I saw a few old vets looking in their direction and expected WWII to start all over again with the look on their face at the Japanese laughing tourist. They were livid and their faces turned beet red with rage.

It was touching and I could not hold back a tear as I went by and looked down at the Arizona. Maybe people of my age born during WWII have a different perspective on these things. We were raised in families that had fought in the South Pacific and carried the scars that lasted forever. I had four uncles in the Navy during WWII, all dead now. All were in very fierce battles at sea. They went in just carefree boys but came out hardened and tough as steel.

I am grateful and thank God for the military history in my family that goes back before the founding of our nation. When they died I promised to never forget. Never forget.
The Arizona, BB-39, was a sister ship of the Pennsylvania, BB-38, Dad's ship throughout the war. Same design. And he was all over the Pacific: Attu, AK; Hawaii; Australia; Marshall & Marianas Islands; Philippines including battle of Surigao Strait; Wake Island; Okinawa. Ship heavily damaged by torpedo in Okinawa Bay, killing 23 sailors. Awarded three bronze stars.

I meant to bring Dad's PA ball hat with me but forgot & left it home. Never have worn it - didn't earn that right.

An uncle (now deceased) was a hero in WW2. Saved the lives of a bunch of fellow soldiers. Became a preacher after the war. Dad fought in Italy. He brought home a German rifle after the war. He used it to hunt what he called "King Mussolini's deer" and help feed the troops. I found out later it was actually a WW1 rifle. The railroad police used them in WW2. It's one of my most prized possessions.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 42°F, clear and sunny. Windy. Today's high expected around 57°F. Our present indoor temperature is 64°F with heater and AC off. Winter chill has arrived.

Really enjoyed watching Reeves, Fredrick and Onyenso last night. Solid W. Timeline for Oscar's return may come after Spartans game, according to comments in LHL. He's still day-to-day.

Game against Vandy today. Cats favored by 17, I think. O-line better protect our QB.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-French-Dip-Day-November-12.jpg

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

29° this morning with a high of 50° expected. Sunshine for the day with moderate winds.

Game last night while not great was good. . . .

Need to hold serve on the gridiron today and not look forward to next week. Win today and hope to split the next two. Georgia will be very hard to win (highly unlikely) but UL while winnable will not be as easy as it has been the past couple of years. We will see what they really look like today win they actually play a team with some skills.

Well, you guys sit back and relax as the weekend continues (Started yesterday) and may God Bless you all.

Oh, and by the way,IT'S GAME DAY!

Game-day.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT