ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Borrowed from the following article:

"We’ve played eight games this season with five SEC contests, and Scangarello’s unit is nowhere close to meeting expectations. In the big window games this season — Florida, Ole Miss, and Tennessee — this offense is averaging only 14.7 offensive points per game. None of these defensive units rank inside the top 20 of SP+’s adjusted efficiency rankings.

Despite having the personnel that should be able to score points, Kentucky looks like they have one of the worst offenses in the SEC and are currently averaging only 23.9 points per game and haven’t scored more than 31 points in a game this season."

Tennessee Martin scored 24 on Tennessee and UK could only muster 6 points? If Stoops is to EVER take the the next step, he needs to hire an innovative OC and get out of the way(I doubt it too). Even Nick Saban realized this. While he's at it, hire an actual special teams coach and get rid of Lucy.

THE COLD HARD FACTS OF LIFE.

It is difficult to read the truth about your favorite football team.

They call it an environmental tax. My dumb self always thought there had to be a transaction of some sort where money changed hands to be a tax involved. How stupid of me

Yeah 120k here is low class. Of course unless you are on government subsidies...
This is what the people get when they elect left wing politicians. They invent new ways to take your money.

It is partly cloudy and 63.1°F here. We were blessed with .25" of rain over night. Wonderful. We are supported to get to 66 this afternoon. I am praying for more rain. The Ohio and Mississippi river valleys are needing water. The rivers are getting so low that barge traffic is having problems. The last time I remember this is in 1986. I was National Sales Manager for Chemicals and Petroleum products in Houston, TX. I got awards because I got all the traffic that the barge lines could not take. Luck is better than being good!

The Tennessee game was worse than I expected. I don't know why we can't replace the long snapper with someone that can do it. Our kicking game is suffering because of one man. GEEZE.

You all have a wonderful Sunday. I have to go edit a bad football game.

The Tennessee game was worse than I expected. I don't know why we can't replace the long snapper with someone that can do it. Our kicking game is suffering because of one man. GEEZE.

You all have a wonderful Sunday. I have to go edit a bad football game.
Yes it was Bert. Much worse but I didn't have my eyes open completely. History tells me not to expect anything good from this game. With a few exceptions.

I turned it off after the first series of the second half and had no idea what the final score was until I came to this site this morning. I am glad they didn't put 50 on us because they certainly could have.

Some of the bounty from yesterday. Caught about 30 or so nice ones....

311788972_6148466791833516_4687076571852813258_n.jpg

It was cold but not unbearable...

312262520_6148467125166816_1468570009985372516_n.jpg

313131655_6148467005166828_8676952573344998520_n.jpg

I only fished two lines but again came up empty. I think it would take a night trip but I don't have the interest. It is about 75 miles one way. I talked to a couple guys and they stated they used blood worms. (While I was there, they weren't catching anything either. We stayed through two tide changes so that wasn't it...) Had a nice day with My Darling anyway.... we are for sure not crab poor.

My Darling had me take some soup over to my friend and his wife who just had a baby. The crabs were alive when the soup was started. Not much better to be had...

Have a great day!

Last edited:
After watching UT beat Bama I can't say I'm all that surprised by what went down.
Holy Mackerel Amos.

I would like to know how you tax something that costs nothing. Is it called a "sales tax"?

With all of the taxes up there no wonder you have to earn $120,000 a year to break even and feed yourself.

"You done stole all them honest folks' money ... and you stole mine too!" Algonquin J. Calhoun

Some of the bounty from yesterday. Caught about 30 or so nice ones....

311788972_6148466791833516_4687076571852813258_n.jpg

It was cold but not unbearable...

312262520_6148467125166816_1468570009985372516_n.jpg

313131655_6148467005166828_8676952573344998520_n.jpg

I only fished two lines but again came up empty. I think it would take a night trip but I don't have the interest. It is about 75 miles one way. I talked to a couple guys and they stated they used blood worms. (While I was there, they weren't catching anything either. We stayed through two tide changes so that wasn't it...) Had a nice day with My Darling anyway.... we are for sure not crab poor.

My Darling had me take some soup over to my friend and his wife who just had a baby. The crabs were alive when the soup was started. Not much better to be had...

Have a great day!
Have a joke for you.

A man was ice fishing for about 2 hours after cutting a hole in the ice when another man pulled up about 10ft from him and cut a hole as well. Within minutes he was pulling in fish. Befuddled he went over to the man and told him he had been sitting there fishing for a couple of hours without catching a thing and ask the other man how he did it. The other man mumbled and grunted but was incoherent so, he asked again how he did it. The man once again mumbled and grunted to the point where he was frustrated and told him I still can't understand you. So, the man catching the fish spit into his hand and said: " I keep my worms warm".

It looks like I finally found where all of you all get such a high post count. Found it with a search for "hunt" and also saw blue crabs on this page. Seems like a good place to pull up a chair.
Have you noticed how long I have been on here?

Most of the responses to me have been negative, but they are responses. :(

Have you noticed how long I have been on here?

I tried to use the multi post thing...failed.

So, no trouble maker here (for now). And glad to find a place without the bickering stuff...believe the way I do or else.

This thread goes back to 2015 so assume it is a continuation of others. So Bert, no but you had the post that caught my attention. From a quick look through, I assume most here are older than the average RR poster. I'm 58.

Anyone care to give me some cliff notes about this group?

So, no trouble maker here (for now). And glad to find a place without the bickering stuff...believe the way I do or else.

This thread goes back to 2015 so assume it is a continuation of others. So Bert, no but you had the post that caught my attention. From a quick look through, I assume most here are older than the average RR poster. I'm 58.

I'm likely the newest kid on the block, so its not my place to say, but I try and post like I'm a guest in their living room. Btw, not a Pelosi type guest. 😁

It looks like I finally found where all of you all get such a high post count. Found it with a search for "hunt" and also saw blue crabs on this page. Seems like a good place to pull up a chair.

1507? I assume that was your year of birth. You would fit right in here. Would be close in age to the older guys in here.

This thread was started by Don. We were the D-League, too old and dumb to keep up with the smart guys.

It is a wonderful group of folks. Most of us are old, but smart.

You are welcomed to join us. We will treat you right.

This thread goes back to 2015 so assume it is a continuation of others. So Bert, no but you had the post that caught my attention. From a quick look through, I assume most here are older than the average RR poster. I'm 58.8

Most are beyond 58 (I think). Me, I am 65 retired from military and civil service.

The post here are of all kinds of subjects. Interesting information for a bunch of old farts.

You would probably enjoy the football game day responses too (not yesterday though).

A couple of us (me being one) do a lot of jocular postings picking at other post but only in jest (mostly) so, try not to take offense if I throw one your way in here. Old habits and all.

So, Welcome and join in anytime.

Today has been way too busy. Not a Sunday type day I like though I had a good day. I know I have a tense day at work tomorrow and was trying to fluff off today. I only got a half day to fluff off. Now I'm half un-cocked. (Yeah, I am a glass half empty kind of guy at times...) o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT