ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

40 minutes to game time. To be honest I don't expect a win, not in Knoxville, but I do think the Cats beat the spread. My guess is the Vols put up around 40 points. PLEASE let me be wrong! I have no problem eating crow.
They have an entire 4th quarter to do it
It is sad to watch

We have played many horrible games against UT and here is another one.

Last edited:
Blair Witch. Wasn't that in your neck of the woods? At one point the movie set the record for use of the f-word. Many movies have beaten it since.
82 -Yep. The town it’s purportedly set in —Burkittsville -is about 30 miles from where we live. My daughter and I passed through the town and stopped in at the graveyard during our yearly Halloween tour of the ghosts of the Shenandoah last weekend.

Blair Witch. Wasn't that in your neck of the woods? At one point the movie set the record for use of the f-word. Many movies have beaten it since.
UK82 -- If you recall the Blair Witch movie - this sign is in an early shot. This is my younger daughter. We share a love of ghost stories and creepy haunted towns and houses.

Well, it’s officially basketball season for sure after last night. As for football —I feel like Charlie Brown and “Lucy” Stoops has pulled the ball again.

in fairness, Stoops has moved the program forward, but he’s not capable of getting over the hump and making the Cats a national contender. Maybe no one is. But if it ever happens it’ll be some young, energetic maverick with innovative ideas. Someone like young Pitino or young Calipari. Or maybe young Bear Bryant in about 1950. Not holding my breath.

Beautiful day in the east. Getting a late start on a hike. I’ll check in on you guys later. Hope it is a great day.

H487S58WRROxku5lcLzMpBDVLorXiFs40tnF5Xptkjk0pDqHi1VFo9A4B493m8RXA3P_5n51gIIfZpz6s_0QdIBTL0sOaJbHsAfEZIi4ZYNf8PZdaQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Good morning from ATX. Currently 52°F and clear with a light wind. Today's high expected at around 77°F.

Nightmare in Knoxville last evening. Ha ha, I'm sure relatives back home will not let me forget it. Moving right along...

Basketball tonight at 7 pm EST. Tonight's game is on SEC Network while upcoming K-State exhibition game on Thursday November 3, is scheduled on SEC+.

Hiking, chores and grocery shopping planned for later.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Pumpkin-Bread.jpg

I lived in Maryland for 6 years. They know how to tax everything. GEEZE.

They tax plastic bags here in Fairfax county. (Note: They do not charge anything for them BUT, they tax them. Tell me how that works please.....)

Just CRIMINAL! I'd be happy for any entity to tell me how it is not. (Same with MdW....) (I'd have fought too!) (Oh, our emission test is $27 or $28 but it is every two years...) (Plus the $20.00 inspection annually) Plus the ANNUAL "Property" tax which was $280 or so for my 2015 Camry. Yeah they raised the taxes due to the price of cars going up so they just passed it along... Doesn't matter what you actually paid for the vehicle... (Rant over...)

The program has peaked imo. Our glory football days are 10-3 max. We just don't have the structure - recruiting territory/resources - nor history of success/support - to go further. It is what it is.
I am afraid you may be right. Our history shows the Cats seldom show up to play Tennessee. The team quit before they took the field.

Even the basketball team struggles in Knoxville and history shows that as well. The 66 Runts lost in Knoxville, their only regular season loss. The Bear Bryant team that beat Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl lost to Tennessee. Tennessee owns Kentucky, sad to say.

Good morning all this fine Lord's day...

Just had a young couple pick up the BB's baby bed which he never used other than to climb into it and play in it. It was a fine piece of furniture that sat in our bedroom for three years... A nice young couple, of course they showed up in a compact car. (Had to call Ole Dad with his truck.) I had to rub it in too. (What would we do with out dear ole Dad? And some more digs...) (A nice husband and wife that seemed to have it together but I gathered they are starting off slow.) The bed/crib was priced right though for a good couple to afford.

Any way, have a great day!

They tax plastic bags here in Fairfax county. (Note: They do not charge anything for them BUT, they tax them. Tell me how that works please.....)

Just CRIMINAL! I'd be happy for any entity to tell me how it is not. (Same with MdW....) (I'd have fought too!) (Oh, our emission test is $27 or $28 but it is every two years...) (Plus the $20.00 inspection annually) Plus the ANNUAL "Property" tax which was $280 or so for my 2015 Camry. Yeah they raised the taxes due to the price of cars going up so they just passed it along... Doesn't matter what you actually paid for the vehicle... (Rant over...)
Holy Mackerel Amos.

I would like to know how you tax something that costs nothing. Is it called a "sales tax"?

With all of the taxes up there no wonder you have to earn $120,000 a year to break even and feed yourself.

Last edited:
Borrowed from the following article:

"We’ve played eight games this season with five SEC contests, and Scangarello’s unit is nowhere close to meeting expectations. In the big window games this season — Florida, Ole Miss, and Tennessee — this offense is averaging only 14.7 offensive points per game. None of these defensive units rank inside the top 20 of SP+’s adjusted efficiency rankings.

Despite having the personnel that should be able to score points, Kentucky looks like they have one of the worst offenses in the SEC and are currently averaging only 23.9 points per game and haven’t scored more than 31 points in a game this season."

Tennessee Martin scored 24 on Tennessee and UK could only muster 6 points? If Stoops is to EVER take the the next step, he needs to hire an innovative OC and get out of the way(I doubt it too). Even Nick Saban realized this. While he's at it, hire an actual special teams coach and get rid of Lucy.

Holy Mackerel Amos.

I would like to know how you tax something that costs nothing. Is it called a "sales tax:?

With all of the taxes up there no wonder you have to earn $120,000 a year to break even and feed yourself.

They call it an environmental tax. My dumb self always thought there had to be a transaction of some sort where money changed hands to be a tax involved. How stupid of me

Yeah 120k here is low class. Of course unless you are on government subsidies...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT