ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 65°F and sunny. Today's high expected around 89°F. No rain forecast for at least the next 7 days.

What an awful game last night. Cats could not execute. Aside from all the sacks surrendered, injuries piled up. Many things need to be fixed. Now I'm hoping Cats finish at least 6-6 or 7-5.

Chores and grocery shopping on today's agenda.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

CuVD6HMWEAASRvK.jpg

Well, so much for that special season. Can't blame Sheron. O-line as usual was abysmal. C-Rod can only do so much. No way this team beats UT or UGA even with Levis. 7, 8 maybe 9 win season. Sorry to be so negative.
It is called being honest. I had hopes for last night but it was vain.

It was a cold 33°F when I got up with a heavy frost. We are supposed to get to 67°F today.

Last edited:
I think I read they X-Rayed that record-setting pumpkin and there were lead balls inserted inside through a cleverly concealed plug.

I think I read they X-Rayed that record-setting pumpkin and there were lead balls inserted inside through a cleverly concealed plug.
Really? I read a few articles but it wasn't mentioned. The world record was set last year in Italy. Over 2,700 pounds. Wonder what the selling price would be? Is it valuable or just a big pumpkin? Can't imagine it lasting very long either.

It is probably not edible.

A few good Ole boys in Beans Fork could get on a drunk and eat it. Seen those brothers go on a souse meat binge. The way they ate that they'd surely devour an over-sized pumpkin. (Had a souse meat sandwich or two myself but those Ole boys got down right disgusting.. (EWD)(Eating While Drunk)... (I hear'em now...break up an egg and throw it in...I'll sop it up with a biscuit...) o_O

Last edited:
My Darling and I just got back from the markets... we have a "few" apples. I had plenty already. McIntosh, Red Delicious, some ole green apple the BB likes, another kind, and some Korean Pears... That is all we bought but probably about 15 or so pounds worth all together... Whew.... (But, they were fresh and the new season types...)

Really? I read a few articles but it wasn't mentioned. The world record was set last year in Italy. Over 2,700 pounds. Wonder what the selling price would be? Is it valuable or just a big pumpkin? Can't imagine it lasting very long either.
Nah, I was just making a joke about the long thread on the cheating in fishing tourneys. You can’t trust anyone today…

I should have used a wink 😜 emoji

Just watched a satisfying NFL finish for Washington Redskin, er, Commander haters like me. You live here, you either give up your childhood allegiance (Bengals in my case) or you end up hating the ex-Skins -and that’s me.

Today they had first and goal on the 2-yard line to win the game (down 4) in the final minute -and Carson Wentz throws an interception in the end zone. I yelled so loud the cat is still hiding.

Oh yeah. Quite a scandal. Guys winning $30,000 prizes by jamming lead weights down the gullets of, I think, Walleyes. Lots of appropriate outrage.
I have a friend that goes to fishing tournies. He said it happens quite a bit. He said one guy turned in fish he caught at a different lake than the one they were supposed to be fishing. he was just a working guy with an expensive hobby. At one tournie, all the people who made money were guides at the lake they were fishing. That didn't go over well with the regular guys.

Just watched a satisfying NFL finish for Washington Redskin, er, Commander haters like me. You live here, you either give up your childhood allegiance (Bengals in my case) or you end up hating the ex-Skins -and that’s me. Today they had first and goal on the 2-yard line to win the game (down 4) in the final minute -and Carson Wentz throws an interception in the end zone. I yelled so loud the cat is still hiding.
Well, the Bengals started out as poorly as Kentucky so far. They have already let Burrows get sacked and can't get the running game going either.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 65°F and clear. Today's high expected around 89°F.

Keldon Johnson and San Antonio Spurs suited up in Uvalde yesterday. They were on a goodwill visit "giving back to the community".

First weekend of Austin City Limits festival in the books. Event sure attracts a bunch of folks.

Bengals lost another close one last night.

Monday, Monday...

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

de6mst6-3c70a7f7-8b3d-4665-98ed-4251af9226e6.jpg

It is a pleasant 57° and clear and our high should reach 85° with no chance of rain. I have more PT today on that dad gum left shoulder of mine. We are trying to get it in shape without the need for surgery. I am resisting surgery because I have been cut enough for one lifetime.

I am not convinced the UK football team has the guts to come back and beat Mississippi State. The coaches have a lot of work to do. They were not ready to play Saturday night and if you can't get up for an SEC game and give your all in front of a sold out stadium, bless your heart. Stoops better take a hard look at that coaching staff. He has some slackers around him with no fire in their belly.

And forget about life time contracts. We have had one coach burn us on that deal so a lesson learned.

I trust all are well.
309912578_6221782394505784_508626220613721067_n.jpg

Good morning D-League. Still beautiful weather in the east. Man, it was lovely along the ocean this weekend, and almost no people so I enjoyed it a lot more than the summer crowds.

Back to the grim reality of work. But basketball season is virtually at hand, and excitement will come as a promising team gets into the rhythm of the year.

I hope all is well for you all today.

Bill James tells in one of his books how in polls taken among fellow players in both the 1940's and the 1950's, Stan Musial was chosen as Player of the Decade. Some would argue it was because everyone loved Stan and Ted Williams spent time in both decades in war and he was not very well liked till he retired and Joe Dimaggio thought highly of himself. Joe used to advertise coffee makers on TV and was always called "world's greatest living player". A sports writer (can't recall who) told of a time they had Mickey Mantle day or something at Yankee Stadium and he emceed. At the end, he was to introduce Joe and Joe would make a short speech. He ended with "and now here is Joe DiMaggio.". Joe told him he wasn't going to talk and walked over with the other dignitaries. Later, Joe caught the writer alone in the hallways of the stadium, punched him in the stomach and said, "it's Joe DiMaggio worlds greatest living player."

It is a pleasant 57° and clear and our high should reach 85° with no chance of rain. I have more PT today on that dad gum left shoulder of mine. We are trying to get it in shape without the need for surgery. I am resisting surgery because I have been cut enough for one lifetime.

I am not convinced the UK football team has the guts to come back and beat Mississippi State. The coaches have a lot of work to do. They were not ready to play Saturday night and if you can't get up for an SEC game and give your all in front of a sold out stadium, bless your heart. Stoops better take a hard look at that coaching staff. He has some slackers around him with no fire in their belly.

And forget about life time contracts. We have had one coach burn us on that deal so a lesson learned.

I trust all are well.
309912578_6221782394505784_508626220613721067_n.jpg
On the UK coaching side: our offensive coordinator does the same thing over and over. It is too easy to figure out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT