ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D-League. It's currently 67° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring clear skies and a high of 80°.

Everyone stay safe on this hump day 🐪.

Golden_Gate_Bridge_.JPG

Good morning D-League

It is 76° and we should have a high of 88°. There is a 47% chance of rain with sun most of the day.

I trust all are well in health and in spirits.

Gülek Kalesi in Tarsuz ,Mersin , Turkey

305745143_1125330211519293_7612592831073632653_n.jpg
Dang Sawnee. That photo made my stomach lurch. I'm trying to decide if when I was 19 that girl invited me to climb out on that rock with her and fool around I'd have done it. Sadly, the answer is almost certainly yes.

Good morning D-League. Still rainy and gray in the east. Cut my walk a bit short this morning. At my age the return on the exercise investment is outweighed by the risk of a cold.

Maybe we'll get to see the basketball Cats' road uniforms today. I've always been partial to the Blues in any uniform set. I think these will look pretty sharp.

Not much happening yet today. Hope you all are doing well.

Read a study into the post-shot data published in June. Only one country has done this kind of study into the results, but like every other country, they are publicly ignoring the conclusions of the study even after it was successfully peer reviewed. Will find the link and post it if I'm able to post it.

Can't find the link to the study, but will post an article link that "summarizes" some of the study well.

Good late morning. It started out sunny here but now it is overcast and 73.2°F on our way to 84°F but no chance of rain. We got .24" yesterday. My grass liked it.

That girl standing on the bluff is hard to look at without holding your breath. I really hope that it was photoshopped; otherwise, she needs to see a shrink.

For those that missed the Miami of Ohio game: it is on SEC Network tomorrow at 1pm EDT.

I have no idea.

Apostle Paul or something like that? And if that is the case, how can we prove it?

The middle East is a cesspool of little countries and principalities and two or four thousand years simply muddies up the water. I simply get lost.
My guess would be The Apostle Paul. He was from Tarsus , Mersin Providence which is present day Turkey. There have been others but he would be the first to come to my mind. The current population is about 3 million.

The most amazed I have been in traveling was my trip to Turkey. Istanbul blew me away, it makes New York City look small. And the wealth was also staggering. Lots of oil money passing through those waterways. Part of it is in Europe and part in Asia. The Black Sea is to the north and the Sea of Marmara to the south. You could put two New Yorks in it. There were high rise condos for 50 miles in every direction.

Apostle Paul or something like that? And if that is the case, how can we prove it?
Bert, That's a deep question. The Biblical way we know Paul (Saul) was from Tarsus is that it is recorded in Acts 9, v. 10, 11, in the account after Saul (Paul) is blinded by God on the road to Damascus as he was heading there is persecute followers of Christ:

10. And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.
11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth...

But your larger point is a good one. How do we prove it?

I wandered around the Middle East for nearly two decades. I was always being told something fantastical by a Muslim, Jew or Christian. One day I was down near the Red Sea in Jordan and a Muslim driver told me, "Here is where the Garden of Eden was." Of course, Hebrew tradition puts the Garden of Eden at the place where the Tigris and Euphrates enter the Persian Gulf -- around where Basra, Iraq is today. I've been there too. Neither place struck me as a Garden of Eden.

Another time I was driving through the West Bank and a driver tells me "This is where the city of Jericho stood before Joshua's trumpet sounded..." Then once I was up in Nineveh, across from Mosul in Iraq and an Assyrian Christian Iraqi says, "Here is where Jonah came after he was out of the whale."

I found out that people were never just making up what they told me. These were devout people and were recounting something from the Koran, Torah or Christian Bible. So it came down to what tradition you embraced.

Good late morning. It started out sunny here but now it is overcast and 73.2°F on our way to 84°F but no chance of rain. We got .24" yesterday. My grass liked it.

That girl standing on the bluff is hard to look at without holding your breath. I really hope that it was photoshopped; otherwise, she needs to see a shrink.

For those that missed the Miami of Ohio game: it is on SEC Network tomorrow at 1pm EDT.
Any girl that crazy would be best to stay away from.

Good morning D-League

It is 76° and we should have a high of 88°. There is a 47% chance of rain with sun most of the day.

I trust all are well in health and in spirits.

Gülek Kalesi in Tarsuz ,Mersin , Turkey

305745143_1125330211519293_7612592831073632653_n.jpg

Amazing but a photo trick.

Edit: when I get to my computer later I will post more to show why.

Edit again:

306159612_5986843811329149_1804993294453024237_n.jpg

Last edited:
Fishing report:

Once again, several strikes with 8 hooked and 7 landed. Most were small but fun none the less. Tramped around 3 ponds today. Went to one pond (Flagg) that I had not been to in a couple of years because I only caught small bass there. Recently people were saying they caught couple of decent sized ones (3 or 4 pounders) but me, again with the small ones. Bald gave up the biggest one today at around 1 1/2lbs. Nothing to write home about. Cornplanter is really low on water with about half of it gone. It was one of my sure things a couple of years ago and is up a bit and across the road from Flagg. Whenever I came up short at Flagg I could always count on Cornplanter. Not today, muddy, murky, and water was down.

Jake no shoulders was out in force today and two of them really curious as to what it was standing midsection deep in their home. They were brazen as well. Had to use the tip of my rod to beat one of them back. It was the biggest snake of the bunch that I saw, and he did not like that I was there.

Dang Sawnee. That photo made my stomach lurch. I'm trying to decide if when I was 19 that girl invited me to climb out on that rock with her and fool around I'd have done it. Sadly, the answer is almost certainly yes.

MdW, I get the feeling (I assuredly don't know.) that at 19 an Eastern Kentucky saying would fit you just fine... (Just guessing mind you, not accusing or even trying to state truth, but as imagined perception.) The saying.... "I'd .... a stripped snake if you'd hold it's head..."

Fishing report:

Once again, several strikes with 8 hooked and 7 landed. Most were small but fun none the less. Tramped around 3 ponds today. Went to one pond (Flagg) that I had not been to in a couple of years because I only caught small bass there. Recently people were saying they caught couple of decent sized ones (3 or 4 pounders) but me, again with the small ones. Bald gave up the biggest one today at around 1 1/2lbs. Nothing to write home about. Cornplanter is really low on water with about half of it gone. It was one of my sure things a couple of years ago and is up a bit and across the road from Flagg. Whenever I came up short at Flagg I could always count on Cornplanter. Not today, muddy, murky, and water was down.

Jake no shoulders was out in force today and two of them really curious as to what it was standing midsection deep in their home. They were brazen as well. Had to use the tip of my rod to beat one of them back. It was the biggest snake of the bunch that I saw, and he did not like that I was there.

Danged if I'd fight a snake to wade. Brother WC, I'd walk on water and you could record it on your phone, sell it on youtube, and wouldn't need to doctor the video at all....

Jerry Clower would have talked about me...

MdW, I get the feeling (I assuredly don't know.) that at 19 an Eastern Kentucky saying would fit you just fine... (Just guessing mind you, not accusing or even trying to state truth, but as imagined perception.) The saying.... "I'd .... a stripped snake if you'd hold it's head..."
BBUK,

I don't know if this is confessing or bragging, but you have hit the nail on the head with my younger self.

We all age out of our youthful vices, if we are lucky. For me, that was when I got married for the second time at 42...

I have no idea.

The middle East is a cesspool of little countries and principalities and two or four thousand years simply muddies up the water. I simply get lost.

(Thought) Paul was born in Tarshish. I was told that was a Roman province on an island between Italy and Spain, perhaps near Sardinia, that traded heavily in precious metals and manufactured goods made from them.

Last edited:
My guess would be The Apostle Paul. He was from Tarsus , Mersin Providence which is present day Turkey. There have been others but he would be the first to come to my mind. The current population is about 3 million.

The most amazed I have been in traveling was my trip to Turkey. Istanbul blew me away, it makes New York City look small. And the wealth was also staggering. Lots of oil money passing through those waterways. Part of it is in Europe and part in Asia. The Black Sea is to the north and the Sea of Marmara to the south. You could put two New Yorks in it. There were high rise condos for 50 miles in every direction.

Had not heard that before. Thank you, @Sawnee Cat

Hello all,
I know it's getting late in the day. Been where I had to be and enjoyed it. Lot's to do.

Last night I tied some leaders together to make some quick switching possible while fishing.

I have my straw rigs in case the croaker (Preferable yellow croaker) are hitting. I haven't seen any Spanish mackerel this far north or as far in as we will be but the straw rigs can double catching them if they are running. It is stated in the Maryland fishing guide that Walleye are in the Chesapeake Bay waters... I can only dream... (I have some rigs for them as well.). I tied up a bunch of ribbon fish rigs last night as well. (I guess they are called belt fish but I like calling them ribbon fish better.) Below is a picture of some we caught while in Myrtle Beach...

14114934_1366149366731973_7229992719571975028_o.jpg

They don't look that big do they... Below is a little better picture...

305049385_5986919291321601_5390747013992717170_n.jpg

Those things push near four feet long. The meat is good but too boney for me. It goes for $5.00 a pound around here. Teeth like a Gar...but smaller and razors.
305475935_5986926057987591_366676931872759499_n.jpg

We shall see... All we can do is all we can do...

I bought a new cast net that is lighter with smaller holes. I hope to catch some crab and bait fish if around. I could only hope some shrimps were running.

Also made a couple rigs to see if I can snag a flounder with some minnows under the pier.

I have some squid chopped and ready. I like squid because about anything will hit it and it is harder to get off the line...(Have some shrimps too but for some reason I never have much luck with those.)

I am prepared. Watch us come back skunked... 😅 :oops:

Last edited:
BBUK,

I don't know if this is confessing or bragging, but you have hit the nail on the head with my younger self.

We all age out of our youthful vices, if we are lucky. For me, that was when I got married for the second time at 42...
I was 42 as well when I married for the second time. I got divorced in April of 1990 and did not get married again for 10 years, June of 2000.

I was 42 as well when I married for the second time. I got divorced in April of 1990 and did not get married again for 10 years, June of 2000.
That’s roughly my story Warrior. A little more than ten years between end of first (1985) and my second (1996.)

I call the period between my two marriages “The Golden Decade.” To which my wife rolls her eyes.

That’s roughly my story Warrior. A little more than ten years between end of first (1985) and my second (1996.)

I call the period between my two marriages “The Golden Decade.” To which my wife rolls her eyes.
I tell my wife now to not get too crazy because I found out after the first marriage what I was missing being single when I got divorced. She got pissed the first time I said it but realized I was only joking. She still does not like it. I can use it when she starts nagging me and she just walks off. 😋 She says I can be mean sometimes.

One of my old Drill Sergeant buddies who is married to another Drill Sergeant who served with us at the Drill Instructor School at Ft. Sill says I can be heartless too. We used to tease her a lot while serving together. She was the only female we had with us in the school. They both were seeing each other secretly back then because it was frowned upon so, to keep up appearances he used to join me in my teasing of her. She is good with it though and took the ribbing very well.

I tell my wife now to not get too crazy because I found out after the first marriage what I was missing being single when I got divorced. She got pissed the first time I said it but realized I was only joking. She still does not like it. I can use it when she starts nagging me and she just walks off. 😋 She says I can be mean sometimes.

One of my old Drill Sergeant buddies who is married to another Drill Sergeant who served with us at the Drill Instructor School at Ft. Sill says I can be heartless too. We used to tease her a lot while serving together. She was the only female we had with us in the school. They both were seeing each other secretly back then because it was frowned upon so, to keep up appearances he used to join me in my teasing of her. She is good with it though and took the ribbing very well.

Drill-Sergeant.gif

Just got back from lake Ellsworth which is about a mile and a quarter from my house. Was looking at possible late afternoon/night fishing spots for this upcoming fall when the weather is cold in the morning but warm in the afternoon. Ran into a Wildcat that was also scoping out the area. Probably looking to snag himself a few bank swimming fish.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F and clear. Today's high expected around 95°F. We received some rain last night.

Certified letter still has not arrived from FL. App simply says "in transit". Good old USPS.

Heading into the office, so keeping it short.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

pp_15562_star_trek_universe_brand_startrekday_1460x821.jpg

Good morning D-League. Cool and crisp in the east again.

Very busy morning. I need to finish a project of combat veterans we interviewed before anyone else gets in. Down the road when it is truly ready, I'll link it here. Some of you guys would enjoy it.

All is well otherwise. Hope you all have a good day.

Good Thursday morning D-League

It is 75° and a high of 82° is expected. We have a system coming in from the Gulf that will bring heavy thunderstorms that may be around a few days. Today is my day for lawn mowing and it may not happen if lightning gets in the way.

I finally went to the doc about my shoulder and start rehab. He gave me a shot and it started getting better. I hope to get it back to avoid the need of surgery. It is the rotor cuff.

Trust all have a nice day. The thunder is loud. I hope this front coming off of the Gulf gets out of here before game time Saturday. The rain is heavy and if you stand in it feels like a bug stinging you.

Last edited:
WEATHER ALERT and Update for our area.

A tropical depression has developed off of the Gulf of Mexico. Our temperature has dropped to 70° and the thunderstorms are heavy. It is expected to last a few days so it may be wet over in Gainesville this Saturday night. So those worried about the temperature might want to bring some rain gear.

OIP.18TStIH-z_1_hkN7Nx7wCwHaFj

Good morning. It is 65.1°F and sunny. We are supposed to get to 82°F with no chance of rain. This morning at sunrise we actually dropped down to 59°F on the back porch. We have not seen the 50's in a long time. Fall may be on the way.

@MdWIldcat55 you are lucky to still have your parents, that is wonderful.
Thanks Bert. A tremendous blessing that they are able to still function, have each other, and can live in the sprawling old house they bought in 1964.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT