ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

One of my favorite spots to visit was Ephesus. Top picture shows it as it was in the time of Paul and below, today. I was amazed at how advanced the city would have been 2,000 years ago.

304800241_2731734953636924_3751042313051748585_n.jpg
Thanks! And fantastic! Will be there the 24th - unless Turkey starts a war with Greece by then.

Just saw where Queen Elizabeth has passed away. RIP

This is a copy of my note on FaceBook:

A great lady and a great leader. She is a wonderful human being.
Ray Murphy, a friend of mine, owned a horse that in the United States won the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness. He lost in the Belmont and did not get a “Triple Crown”. But because he did that, he got a meeting with the Queen, who was a big fan of horse racing.

The U.S. State Department gave him instructions on how to act in the presence of the queen. Of course, Ray who played football for Paul “bear” Bryant at the University of Kentucky, just showed up as Ray Murphy. He did everything wrong but yet the Queen fell in love with an old Kentucky boy that was so genuine and honest, and he fell in love with her.

After that meeting the Queen sent him a birthday and Christmas card every year for the rest of his life. Why? Why would the Queen send Ray Murphy cards? Answer: she is special. She had a heart. She loved. She was special.

A normal monarch does not do things like that. Queen Elizabeth is (that is not a mistake, she still IS) a special person. May God rest and bless her soul.

This is a copy of my note on FaceBook:

A great lady and a great leader. She is a wonderful human being.
Ray Murphy, a friend of mine, owned a horse that in the United States won the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness. He lost in the Belmont and did not get a “Triple Crown”. But because he did that, he got a meeting with the Queen, who was a big fan of horse racing.

The U.S. State Department gave him instructions on how to act in the presence of the queen. Of course, Ray who played football for Paul “bear” Bryant at the University of Kentucky, just showed up as Ray Murphy. He did everything wrong but yet the Queen fell in love with an old Kentucky boy that was so genuine and honest, and he fell in love with her.

After that meeting the Queen sent him a birthday and Christmas card every year for the rest of his life. Why? Why would the Queen send Ray Murphy cards? Answer: she is special. She had a heart. She loved. She was special.

A normal monarch does not do things like that. Queen Elizabeth is (that is not a mistake, she still IS) a special person. May God rest and bless her soul.
Everything I've heard about her has been positive. Definitely one of the most beloved figures of our lifetimes. On a side note, I found it unbelievable that she had been Queen through 13 Presidents, starting with President Truman.

Hello all,

I hope your days are good. We had a kick-off tailgate party at work today from 2-5... I left a little earlier. Had a Coors beer. Saw some yuengling but stuck with the Coors. Had a burger and chips.

Decent people so far. I think it remains that way and will try to conform but do what is needed. I am thankful...

Hello all,

I hope your days are good. We had a kick-off tailgate party at work today from 2-5... I left a little earlier. Had a Coors beer. Saw some yuengling but stuck with the Coors. Had a burger and chips.

Decent people so far. I think it remains that way and will try to conform but do what is needed. I am thankful...

Just saw where Queen Elizabeth has passed away. RIP

My daddy was in London for her Coronation in 1953. He brought back my sister and I some gifts and one of mine was a model of the red double decker bus that run around London. I still have it. I was 6 years old when she became Queen of England.

He brought back my sister a replica of the Coronation Bible. It was red and leather bound. I am not sure if she still has it but I would guess she would. It looked like this.

s-l300.jpg

My toy bus looks like this:

OIP.Ala9LU1iOn_iQWL_f2hJ3QHaHa

There is something about that name... (Years ago I was blessed to be able to attend several to many of Bill Gaither's concerts. Just awe struck at the songs God gave Bill Gaither....

Good night, D-League!

I'm needing to distract myself from my thoughts and feelings regarding my family member, and will immerse myself in some football for the time being. Not meaning to offend anyone here, as I appreciate all of you, but I just need to stay detached for a bit.

Wishing nothing but the best for all here!

Good night, D-League!

I'm needing to distract myself from my thoughts and feelings regarding my family member, and will immerse myself in some football for the time being. Not meaning to offend anyone here, as I appreciate all of you, but I just need to stay detached for a bit.

Wishing nothing but the best for all here!

Brother Girth,

I will keep you in prayer. God Bless you!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F and partly cloudy. Today's high expected at around 93°F. No rain projected for at least next 7 days.

Bama visits Longhorns here in ATX tomorrow. Nosebleed seats start at $300 each while midfield spots going for $1,300 a pop. No, thanks. We'll watch on TV.

Certified letter finally arrived. Two days late, but better than never.

Happy Friday, y'all.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

a729b225333829dee96655ce4fd247929c9483c83c6e0c0e1238e8437cc3bcb1.0.jpg

Good Friday Morning

It is 70° and the skies are clear, our high should reach 84°. There is still a system in the Gulf that will give us an 85% chance of rain during the day. If it comes it will be heavy.

5 of my out of town family have arrived for the UK - UF game tomorrow night. Two more will come tomorrow morning and I got word yesterday two more would join them. So we will have 9 total. Should be fun. 5 of them will go down to Indian Rocks Beach for a week, one will go back to Kentucky and two will go back to Texas. The last one will go to Ocala. We are ready for the Gators.

I trust all are well and have a nice day. Those who are going fishing, bring back some nice ones.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 61° and foggy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring mostly cloudy skies and a high of 85°.

The UK defense will have OLB Jordan Wright back this weekend. His experience will provide a nice boost to the defense hoping to slow down Anthony Richardson.

Bills beat the Rams, 31-10 last night. The AFC is going to be loaded this year.

Everyone stay safe on this Friday.

Buckingham%20Palace%201.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

Local temp is the norm for around here this time of year with mid 90's as highs and mid to upper 60's for lows. Does allow for a little more time out in the mornings when I go fishing. Not going today, doing a workout first and then cutting the grass. Will go fishing either tomorrow morning or Sunday morning.

Trained my student yesterday for the first time since 12 August when the gym was shut down to install AC. It was only supposed to take 2 weeks to install, and they are not finished yet. They have one side completed so that is the side we used. Does anybody actually get work done on their promised time anymore? They started 15 August, so it has already been over 3 weeks and they are only half done. This is a gymnastics business that has been closed for over 3 weeks now (opening up Monday and using one side) so they are losing more money than anticipated.

Well, enough of that, here's to hoping all have a good day and God Bless.

You folks be careful out there today.

Morning Legionnaires!

Local temp is the norm for around here this time of year with mid 90's as highs and mid to upper 60's for lows. Does allow for a little more time out in the mornings when I go fishing. Not going today, doing a workout first and then cutting the grass. Will go fishing either tomorrow morning or Sunday morning.

Trained my student yesterday for the first time since 12 August when the gym was shut down to install AC. It was only supposed to take 2 weeks to install, and they are not finished yet. They have one side completed so that is the side we used. Does anybody actually get work done on their promised time anymore? They started 15 August, so it has already been over 3 weeks and they are only half done. This is a gymnastics business that has been closed for over 3 weeks now (opening up Monday and using one side) so they are losing more money than anticipated.

Well, enough of that, here's to hoping all have a good day and God Bless.

You folks be careful out there today.
It took me from November last year until last Tuesday to get a floor replaced in one of my bathrooms. The excuse was they couIdn't get the materials. I would hate to be building a house now although most of the contractors and subs are working on new construction. Still it would probably take a year or more to complete. There is a new house going up across the lake from where I live and it is creeping along very slow.

There is something about that name... (Years ago I was blessed to be able to attend several to many of Bill Gaither's concerts. Just awe struck at the songs God gave Bill Gaither....

One of my dear friends was John Wycuff who lived in Greenville, South Carolina. John's father was Charles Wycuff who wrote "What A Lovely Name".

I think Vestal probably sang it better than anybody. This song has been sung in churches for decades and recorded by the best gospel singers world wide.

She's just messed with our life. Leaving Monday to spend two nights two blocks from Buckingham Place before heading onto Athens. Planned to go to Westminster Abbey for 2nd time, but seriously doubt that will happen now. Her timing is really poor.
Yep, WA closed till Sept 28th. Thanks, Queen - though I did like you. Will forgive.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 61° and foggy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring mostly cloudy skies and a high of 85°.

The UK defense will have OLB Jordan Wright back this weekend. His experience will provide a nice boost to the defense hoping to slow down Anthony Richardson.

Bills beat the Rams, 31-10 last night. The AFC is going to be loaded this year.

Everyone stay safe on this Friday.

Buckingham%20Palace%201.jpg
I've toured the Biltmore Estate in Asheville.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Good Saturday Game Day Morning,

Rise and shine and put on your game face. The Cats are going to war in the Swamp. We have 72° and sunny skies with only a marginal chance of stormy weather today. But Gainesville is a little different story. For the game it is forecast to be 77° with 45% of scattered thunderstorms at kickoff. Chances will decrease during the game.

If Gainesville has severe weather it will be during the afternoon with an 80% chance of heavy rain, thunder and lightning. For all those Cats fans who cry because we play the Gators in September and can't take the heat I would recommend you bring your rain gear. You will be OK at 77° but may be a little wet.

This is a big one for me since I am surrounded by Gator fans. They are confident today but I am not sure how much. I think the media's praise of the Orange and Blue is getting to their heads. So the gang will pack up and caravan to Gainesville. We are taking 3 car loads.

Trust all have a nice day.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 73°F and partly cloudy. 10% rain chance. Today's high expected around 94°F.

Game Day. Go Cats! Beat the Gators. Hoping for a competitive game and nobody gets hurt.

Wife and I plan on tuning in Tide vs Longhorns around 11 am CST. That game will be played near our place downtown at Darrell K Royal Memorial Stadium ("DKR"). Marks first time Tide has ever played Horns in Austin. Temps expected around 85°F at kickoff and 92°F when game ends. Gonna be a hot one.

4f5eb2e1a4402ccd964881a2d4c71559.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 73°F and partly cloudy. 10% rain chance. Today's high expected around 94°F.

Game Day. Go Cats! Beat the Gators. Hoping for a competitive game and nobody gets hurt.

Wife and I plan on tuning in Tide vs Longhorns around 11 am CST. That game will be played near our place downtown at Darrell K Royal Memorial Stadium ("DKR"). Marks first time Tide has ever played Horns in Austin. Temps expected around 85°F at kickoff and 92°F when game ends. Gonna be a hot one.

4f5eb2e1a4402ccd964881a2d4c71559.jpg
My ancestors are from the yellow area to the far left, mainly Baden.

Good Saturday Game Day Morning,

Rise and shine and put on your game face. The Cats are going to war in the Swamp. We have 72° and sunny skies with only a marginal chance of stormy weather today. But Gainesville is a little different story. For the game it is forecast to be 77° with 45% of scattered thunderstorms at kickoff. Chances will decrease during the game.

If Gainesville has severe weather it will be during the afternoon with an 80% chance of heavy rain, thunder and lightning. For all those Cats fans who cry because we play the Gators in September and can't take the heat I would recommend you bring your rain gear. You will be OK at 77° but may be a little wet.

This is a big one for me since I am surrounded by Gator fans. They are confident today but I am not sure how much. I think the media's praise of the Orange and Blue is getting to their heads. So the gang will pack up and caravan to Gainesville. We are taking 3 car loads.

Trust all have a nice day.
Have safe travels and hopefully the Cats get a win.

68.4°F and cloudy here on game day. We are supposed to get to 80° and 20% chance of rain.

I watched the Miami of Ohio again. The third quarter was better than I remember!

It could be a football day. The Texas vs Alabama is a good way to start. It looks like both TV's in the Den will get worked out.

Enjoy you Saturday folks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT