ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good afternoon from ATX. Currently 84°F and partly cloudy. Today's high expected around 92°. We received some rain yesterday. Good chances later this week.

I slept in late. Enjoyed last night's game. Brown, Key and Tavion Robinson are studs.

Re: Gene Chizik served as assistant DC at UTexas during Longhorn's national championship season. He and Mack Brown go way back. Chizik also worked as DC in 2015 for Tarheels run to a conference championship game vs Clemson. It would not surprise me if he's chosen as Mack Brown's successor. Doubt UNC faithful would be very happy with that move.

Heading to the grocery store in a few.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design.jpg

Hello all,

Me and the BB are in our office. We just got off the phone with Uncle Randy and Aunt Donna. (My brother and sister.)

My two girls decided we are eating at Moms tomorrow...

My Darling is down stairs making potato salad and prepping chicken for barbecuing. She is making shiskabob tomorrow. I will try to take some pictures...

Me and the BB are going to get our ears lowered shortly...

Well today I decided to go through a lot of my vintage sports magazines and list them on Ebay. I have sold thousands of dollars already and need to replenish my inventory. A couple of them are hard to to turn loose and here are a few that I might just keep. One is a Bill Spivey cover dated 1951. It is one of the first magazines I remember. Another has Joe DiMaggio on the cover and it belonged to daddy. A third is Mick, Yogi and Don Larsen. I still remember saving a quarter and a dime to buy it. Seems like yesterday. Breaking up old collections is like saying good bye to family.

I love the Old Traditional UK uniform. It was special and still is in my eyes.

305205433_5492078547511843_5424794653698325020_n.jpg

1948. There is an interesting article by Babe Ruth in it. Joe was winding down his career but still could hit the ball.
305206042_5492079814178383_9209075830524472673_n.jpg

This one features the Yanks and reviews their 1956 Championship and previews the 1957 Major League season. In 1956 Mantle won the triple crown and Don Larsen pitched a perfect game in the world series. The Yanks beat Brooklyn 4 games to 3. Quite a team.

305026651_5492080414178323_3014459525461831694_n.jpg

Well today I decided to go through a lot of my vintage sports magazines and list them on Ebay. I have sold thousands of dollars already and need to replenish my inventory. A couple of them are hard to to turn loose and here are a few that I might just keep. One is a Bill Spivey cover dated 1951. It is one of the first magazines I remember. Another has Joe DiMaggio on the cover and it belonged to daddy. A third is Mick, Yogi and Don Larsen. I still remember saving a quarter and a dime to buy it. Seems like yesterday. Breaking up old collections is like saying good bye to family.

1948. There is an interesting article by Babe Ruth in it. Joe was winding down his career but still could hit the ball.

This one features the Yanks and reviews their 1956 Championship and previews the 1957 Major League season. In 1956 Mantle won the triple crown and Don Larsen pitched a perfect game in the world series. The Yanks beat Brooklyn 4 games to 3. Quite a team.

Very cool Sawnee. And I couldn’t agree more about the old Kentucky road uniforms. No one can convince me the blue wasn’t darker back then —though there are some who will claim it has never changed.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 69°F and clear. Today's high expected around 95°F. We received some passing showers around 9 pm last night. It's a reason we're so cool this morning.

Watched FSU/LSU game last night. What a finish. Exciting, close game.

Happy Labor Day. Decided on waking up early even though I'm off today.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-CHEESE-PIZZA-DAY-September-5.png

Good Monday morning, Labor Day 2022

I trust most of the D League is off today and will enjoy a day with friends and family. Hot dogs will be grilling from sea to shining sea. And the weather. We have 75° at the moment and 97% humidity. Rain chances are slight today at 15% as we creep up to 89°. We had a nice shower yesterday. No Named Storms so far but the rains have been coming about every day. They come and go about as fast as the came.

Tomorrow starts my remodeling of two bathrooms. One a very large one that is next to the pool and the other a regular size in the center of the house. This is one guest would use and it is going to be out of commission for awhile. We tried to get work going last November but contractors are so busy with new construction, remodeling is on the back burner. All building materials have been designated for new construction. The building is not as bad around here but Tampa is the hottest home market in America and all of the locals head down there and make a lot more money. They pay premium in Tampa because of the demand.

I trust all are well in spirit and in body. RISE and SHINE

300740179_1339958336412331_8231986551381380352_n.jpg

Under the "It will happen every time"

Like I mentioned we have been trying to get a remodel job started since last year, 10 months ago. So when will they start the job. How about a day before out of town guests start arriving Wednesday and will be staying through Sunday. 6 total. I think we will use the house to bunk them down only and headed out every day to enjoy the scenes and activities.

Saturday we head to Gainesville for the UK - UF game. I can't wait to join in some of the Gator tailgates. They love to show off their cooking and are pretty friendly folks. That changes at kick-off. Their personality becomes bi-polar. i have seen several of these at a Gator tailgate.

e9f8dad1315a3428310423261c849e72.jpg

Good morning folks. Good to have a Monday off.

There are exactly 160 Mondays between today and the day I turn 70. That’s the outer limit of my work life —unless Demented Joe wrecks things so bad I can’t afford to retire then. But assuming I can, and I make it that farevery one of those 160 Mondays I don’t have to work is a blessing.

We had a family dinner on the back porch last night with my wife’s family and my daughter. Very pleasant. Nice way to say goodby to summer, though it’ll likely feel like summer for another three week or so.

Hope you all have a good day.

Good morning folks. Good to have a Monday off.

There are exactly 160 Mondays between today and the day I turn 70. That’s the outer limit of my work life —unless Demented Joe wrecks things so bad I can’t afford to retire then. But assuming I can, and I make it that farevery one of those 160 Mondays I don’t have to work is a blessing.

We had a family dinner on the back porch last night with my wife’s family and my daughter. Very pleasant. Nice way to say goodby to summer, though it’ll likely feel like summer for another three week or so.

Hope you all have a good day.
I hope you had some banana pudding. LOL

304425947_2058540727688129_2379964383628620924_n.jpg

Good morning all,

Moving slow but gaining speed. My Darling suggested I make my biscuits with the shiskabob..... I can wrap my mind around that...

Going to have my two youngest grand babies here. I have to mow my back yard so I can put up my sprinkler. They will like that. I haven't checked the weather but it should be okay. Have a great day...

- Interesting that The Babe gave interview for 1948 magazine since he died that June.
- While Joltin Joe was past midway of his career, he'd just won MVP in '47 Y & finished 2nd in voting in '48. Over 2200 hits in just 13 seasons. Side note, The Splendid Splinter hit .406 in '41 yet lost MVP to JJ's 56 games hit streak while he was hitting "only" .357.
- Recall listening to Larson's perfect game in school. My teachers had WS games on radio during class in those days. Suppose WS a lot of excitement for nuns. I was in 3rd grade.

A little venting: We set up at an Arts and Crafts show this weekend at Grand Rivers (the Ky Lake area). It's decent size and brings a good crowd. We went out Friday evening to set up tents and displays. We paid early to insure we had the same spot we have had for the last seven years and paid in advance for a trailer pass to park our trailer near our display.

We get there and they had decided to rearrange things so they could get more booths (without telling us). There was a spot that was never used because it was a low spot and if it rained, water accumulated. New people were running it and they decided to use the area and we were one of the people moved to it. Sure enough it rained and at one point yesterday we had 5 inches of water standing in our tents. Further down into that area, vendors had their shoes off and were walking ankle deep in mud. Our old spot that we paid for remained relatively dry.

I mentioned the trailer pass. We asked for the pass Friday and they said we didn't pay for one and we had to take the trailer back home. Jan found the proof we had paid after we got home, but it meant we had to bring the trailer back again the next day. To get more booths in, they didn't leave enough room for vendors to get in and out with their trailers and there was no emergency lane for first responder vehicles .

It was going to be a major mess with a 100 plus trailers driving through the mud to load up and leave this afternoon, so we packed up all we could last night and went back very early this morning and got the rest.

Under the "It will happen every time"

Like I mentioned we have been trying to get a remodel job started since last year, 10 months ago. So when will they start the job. How about a day before out of town guests start arriving Wednesday and will be staying through Sunday. 6 total. I think we will use the house to bunk them down only and headed out every day to enjoy the scenes and activities.

Saturday we head to Gainesville for the UK - UF game. I can't wait to join in some of the Gator tailgates. They love to show off their cooking and are pretty friendly folks. That changes at kick-off. Their personality becomes bi-polar. i have seen several of these at a Gator tailgate.

e9f8dad1315a3428310423261c849e72.jpg
That's a nice snowy egret.

Moby Bass......Da Creechdur......(In my best Ernest T. Bass(No pun intended) voice....
There was a creature there (at Bald) this morning that at first was unknown and big. It surfaced and splashed a big splash. Then went under the water only to resurface again and splash again. It was very big. After seeing it the second time I finally figured it out, it was a Gar.

Fishing report:

Had several strikes, hooked 5 and landed 3. Stayed out longer since the day started cooler. Biggest being over 2 1/2lbs.
Spent the weekend at Nolin Lake and one of my nephews and I hooked a bunch of bluegill and a catfish. We don't get a lot of other fish fishing off the dock. But catching anything is fun.

A common sign around here. They are posted about every few miles on U.S. 19. Florida is not all beaches and Disney World. Watch out for the bears, especially when camping. Last year they Wildlife folks had a hunting season for black bears but you had to have a game warden with you on the hunt. They charged quite a bit and of course each hunter had a limit of one. I am not sure how many permits they issued and have not heard if they will open a season for bears this year.

305315996_524553016142163_7704788894443728671_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT