ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Artillery-firing-gif-6.gif

Whew!!! Florida with an end zone interception for the win!!

I normally hate Florida but found myself rooting for the SEC to get a top-ten win.

Plus, raises the stakes for next week —a much bigger opportunity for Cats.
Well the Gators pulled it out. Beat No. 7.

Next week will be a big test for our young team. O Line needs to step it up and give Levis more protection. I am looking forward to going to Gainesville

Well the Gators pulled it out. Beat No. 7.

Next week will be a big test for our young team. O Line needs to step it up and give Levis more protection. I am looking forward to going to Gainesville
Psychologically, probably better for the Cats that Florida win. No matter what their coaches say, that’ll get young players to relax and feel overconfident.

Losing after feeling like they outplayed Utah would have made them really fired up.

That said, the Florida QB is special. If the Cats’ D-Line can’t keep him contained on runs and get pressure on him when he passes, nothing else will matter.

Psychologically, probably better for the Cats that Florida win. No matter what their coaches say, that’ll get young players to relax and feel overconfident.

Losing after feeling like they outplayed Utah would have made them really fired up.

That said, the Florida QB is special. If the Cats’ D-Line can’t keep him contained on runs and get pressure on him when he passes, nothing else will matter.
I would love to have C Rod back for the game. I think the Cats only had about 50 yards rushing tonight. We need a running game to hang with Florida. Our special teams really looked good. They were special.

Florida has the speed and the Cats have to be ready for that. But it is an SEC team so what else is new as they say. Finally I wonder how the young players will react in the Swamp. This is something they have never experienced. A win would be oh so sweet.

Morning Legionnaires!

93° for a high today with 70° for this morning. Not the temperature I wanted to start the morning with but, I will take it for a few hours of fishing. Leaving here in about an hour.

Decently played game last night overall. The defense played well but the offense was sluggish at times mostly in the running game. Yes, Rodriguez will definitely improve that area. Levis looked good especially since he was hounded somewhat by the RedHawks defense and kept his cool. O-line needs to improve especially when we get into the meat of the SEC. Next week will be a tougher opponent in the swamp. Wish we had just another game or two to get prepared for the Gators but...

Overall score for the game imo- C+.

Good morning D-League. Quite an opening day of college football.

Pleased overall with the day's outcomes. Would love to have seen Appy State beat the Cheaters. 61 points in regulation should have got it done. I noted Gene Chizik - yes, the former Auburn head coach - is UNC's defensive coordinator. Way to hold a mid-major under 70 Gene!

Elsewhere, while I was hoping Ohio State would trounced the Frightened Irish an 11-point win will have to do. Now ND will waltz through a schedule with seven cupcakes and crank up the PR machine for a playoff berth.

As for the Cats, I'll accept Warrior's C-plus since I only saw a bit of the replay. Florida played an A-minus game, and I was impressed by their QB. That kid is going to be a star. I can see why people are throwing around LAmar Jackson comparisons.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 61° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. The afternoon forecast will bring thunderstorms and a high of 81°.

As everyone else has pointed to, the OL needs work. Replacing 3 starters from a year ago, and starting new players at all 5 positions(Horsey hurt, Cox new position) will do that. Hopefully they can come together quick. As for the defense, the secondary is somewhat shaky at times, but the front 7 is solid. The talent is evident on this team but some units will need experience and time to jell.

Everyone stay safe on this Sunday.

temple_expiatori_del_sagrat_cor.jpg

Good Sunday Morning

A nice day is on tap with a temperature of 75° and our high should reach 86° with a 45% chance of rain. It feels cooler this morning outside but that may be due to the humidity being lower. It makes a difference.

I enjoyed last nights game and was thankful I was able to pick it up online and not pay. I hate this idea of streaming but it is the future. The Cats have so many areas to improve and I will consider that a good thing when you consider we won 37-13. So on to Florida. The Cats will have their hands full with the Florida QB and I am afraid the new coach is going to turn that program around quick. A win down there would be so good and push UK up in the rankings.

@MdWIldcat55 you mentioned Gene Chizik. He is from the same home town as I and played at Clearwater High. From there to the University of Florida where he played linebacker. The Clearwater Tornadoes have produced some great players over the years. He was one of them. After UF he came back to coach at Seminole High School which is in the same county as CHS. He had his moment of fame at Auburn but has had a few bumps since then. I was surprised he left the football commentator job. UK recruits Clearwater heavy and have been in on some very good players from there over the years. CHS always has a player ready for Div I football, most go to FSU or UF. FSU had a great one named Hassan Jones. He starred for the Vikings in the NFL. I saw Hassan playing Pee Wee football and knew he would be an All American and pro the first time I saw him carry a football. He was about 8 years old and could fly. My son later played on that team and they were undefeated for several years.

Trust all have a great day

Good Sunday Morning

A nice day is on tap with a temperature of 75° and our high should reach 86° with a 45% chance of rain. It feels cooler this morning outside but that may be due to the humidity being lower. It makes a difference.

I enjoyed last nights game and was thankful I was able to pick it up online and not pay. I hate this idea of streaming but it is the future. The Cats have so many areas to improve and I will consider that a good thing when you consider we won 37-13. So on to Florida. The Cats will have their hands full with the Florida QB and I am afraid the new coach is going to turn that program around quick. A win down there would be so good and push UK up in the rankings.

@MdWIldcat55 you mentioned Gene Chizik. He is from the same home town as I and played at Clearwater High. From there to the University of Florida where he played linebacker. The Clearwater Tornadoes have produced some great players over the years. He was one of them. After UF he came back to coach at Seminole High School which is in the same county as CHS. He had his moment of fame at Auburn but has had a few bumps since then. I was surprised he left the football commentator job. UK recruits Clearwater heavy and have been in on some very good players from there over the years. CHS always has a player ready for Div I football, most go to FSU or UF. FSU had a great one named Hassan Jones. He starred for the Vikings in the NFL. I saw Hassan playing Pee Wee football and knew he would be an All American and pro the first time I saw him carry a football. He was about 8 years old and could fly. My son later played on that team and they were undefeated for several years.

Trust all have a great day
That's very interesting stuff Sawnee. And Clearwater High sounds like it has a remarkable history as a football factory. Gene Chizik has accomplished more than 99 percent of college head coaches to have a national championship on his resume.

No one can take that away. But he looked like he wanted to crawl into bed and pull the covers over his head as Appalachian State marched up and down the field on his defense yesterday. Really, Appy State 100 percent should have won the game. If you watched it or the highlights, a receiver was wide open on a game clinching 2-point attempt and just somehow got his feet tangled.

Ah well. All of us with long work careers have had days to forget.

That's very interesting stuff Sawnee. And Clearwater High sounds like it has a remarkable history as a football factory. Gene Chizik has accomplished more than 99 percent of college head coaches to have a national championship on his resume.

No one can take that away. But he looked like he wanted to crawl into bed and pull the covers over his head as Appalachian State marched up and down the field on his defense yesterday. Really, Appy State 100 percent should have won the game. If you watched it or the highlights, a receiver was wide open on a game clinching 2-point attempt and just somehow got his feet tangled.

Ah well. All of us with long work careers have had days to forget.
He may have stayed in the TV studio too long and forgot how to coach on the field. LOL :) I am not UNC fan and wish the upset could have happened. I wonder if he was brought in to eventually replace head coach Mack Brown? Just a thought.

He may have stayed in the TV studio too long and forgot how to coach on the field. LOL :) I am not UNC fan and wish the upset could have happened. I wonder if he was brought in to eventually replace head coach Mack Brown? Just a thought.
I believe that was the plan. His title was elevated from defensive coordinator to assistant head coach - defense. But I suspect the fan base would not be too excited about that right now.

Good morning. It is a partly cloudy 79.0°F and it is supposed to get to 82°F with a 50/50 chance of rain. Yesterday early morning we got .12" of rain and then yesterday afternoon and early night we got another .70" for a total of .82". You can walk out into the yard and hear the grass grow!

Yesterday I dedicated myself to college football. The only problem I had was the ones that I wanted to see the most were basically on at the same time. The SEC in the first football week is 14-0 with LSU to play FSU tonight (I have it set to record) with Vandy (2-0) getting to play early. The SEC yesterday won the Pac 12 by defeating their two best teams. I am on a high.

I bought the ESPN+ and SECNetwork+ plus last year. It went from $7.00 a month to $10.00 a month. I still have it and I am planning to use it a lot as they cram a bunch of games in and it is easy to pick them up by time, so hopefully I can get my money's worth out of it. I hate what Disney is doing to my sport and I don't think if you pay for the SECNetwork you should have to pay extra, but I don't get to call the shots. It is a lot cheaper than what I used to do. Back in 1985 I paid $2,000 for a satellite dish because I have been transferred to Houston, TX and I was sure I could never see the Cats again. Between 1985 and 2004 I spent a lot of money keeping up with the software and hardware as they went from open signals to scrambled signals to subscriptions et.al. Finally, in 2004 I gave up the complex satellite electronics to cable and Dish TV. It got simple again.

I for some reason am stupid and want to record games. It is a bad situation in which to be.

Post script: I just had a good talk with Ymmot. He is fine and I invited him back tot he D-League and he did not commit as he has changes computers and does not want to go back and redo things. I think he will be back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT