ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Just listened to Love will keep us together and forgot how happy Tenielle always sang. Just got into the happy of singing...

But of course who could forget this Princess of song. This woman could flat out sing!!!

(had to put it in just a little context...) ;)

Last edited:
Oh on the memory side. My brother sent me a picture of a person you all may recognize. (My Brother is a retired corporate pilot and still lives in Michigan. While this lady was still around, my Brother and Sister were at a corporate function along with this lady. He asked and took the picture. (Aretha didn't like pictures in these type functions but she knew my brother from flights and he never bothered her so she indulged. That is my Sister photo-bombing Aretha. (My brothers wife but my Sister.)(Been family since I was 13 or 14.)

304500791_5970060306340833_2798561300403528335_n.jpg

Michigan people revered this lady....(As did many but man what a talented person...)

(Some other personalities my Brother transported (That I know of.) John Denver, Bobo Brazil, President Reagan (Before he was President and campaigning against Carter.)

Last edited:
I went with portion control and added morning walks after my normal workouts. So far so good. We will see what will happen this month.

Edited: Along with portion control I try not to consume more than 2500 calories a day (half the time less). My workout regimen along with my daily activities helps me burn more calories than that daily.
I limit myself to one bottle of wine per day.

I was always very active, so weight has never been an issue. Been 5'9 and 170 all my adult life. Jan and I have both been sick for about 3 weeks now. I've had a few meals, but mostly living on toast lately. Haven't weighed myself, but judging by the way my clothes are ill fitting, I bet I've lost 10 or 15 pounds. No test, but we suspect covid. Staying pretty much isolated and waiting it out.
I was 6-3 & 188 at 22. I've put on only 1 lb. per year since. Still 6-3 though.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 74°F and clear. Today's high estimated around 94°F.

It's been a helluva two days at work. To make a long story short, somebody screwed up with Active Directory and inadvertently added over 6,500 users to a certain security group. We've been dealing with the effects and fallout, hence these long conference calls with Microsoft. Yesterday, we conferred with MSFT for over 6 hours on a call. Hopefully today goes better.

One more day until football returns to the Bluegrass. Go Cats!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

world-coconut-day-blue-156996905.jpg

Good Friday Morning

It is going to be a nice day with a current temperature of 74° and a high expected at 85°. We will have a 56% chance of afternoon thunderstorms and showers. We have been in this pattern for several weeks now. Grass is green.

I added one more to the list of relatives coming down for the Gators and Cats, September 10. That makes 6 going to the game and 9 house guests. It is almost a family reunion. They will stay a few extra days to go airboat riding, do some kayaking down the river into the Gulf and hit some good seafood restaurants. Should be fun. But the most important thing is to BEAT the Gators. I have a host of cousins on my mama's side of the family who are Gator fans. I want to keep them quiet again for the next year.

Take care all,

8d657315c9488e7612cef29c50eb6c9e.jpg

Good Friday morning D-League. It's currently 61° and foggy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring partly to mostly cloudy skies and a high of 88°. Later tonight could see thunderstorms developing.

My daughter texted late last night, telling us cops and ambulances were at a neighboring dorm. Evidently someone had overdosed.

Looking forward to watching some football this weekend, especially the CATS.

Everyone stay safe on this Friday.

GettyImages-606043450-1ab5075d8b98464a891158e8ae3f205c.jpg

Good Friday morning D-League. It's currently 61° and foggy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring partly to mostly cloudy skies and a high of 88°. Later tonight could see thunderstorms developing.

My daughter texted late last night, telling us cops and ambulances were at a neighboring dorm. Evidently someone had overdosed.

Looking forward to watching some football this weekend, especially the CATS.

Everyone stay safe on this Friday.

GettyImages-606043450-1ab5075d8b98464a891158e8ae3f205c.jpg
Been there, done that - 40 years ago. Great to drive thru the park. Gorgeous. Many Westerns film there.

Good Friday Morning

It is going to be a nice day with a current temperature of 74° and a high expected at 85°. We will have a 56% chance of afternoon thunderstorms and showers. We have been in this pattern for several weeks now. Grass is green.

I added one more to the list of relatives coming down for the Gators and Cats, September 10. That makes 6 going to the game and 9 house guests.
I’m a little torn about Florida’s home underdog status to Utah tomorrow in Gainesville. I usually root for SEC teams to win OOC. But I usually root for Florida to lose no matter what. But at home to a PAC-12 team?

And which outcome makes them more susceptible to losing next week to Kentucky? A demoralizing loss that shows their weaknesses but makes them desperate the next week? Or a win against a ranked team that makes them over confident? Tough call for me.

Last edited:
Good morning. It was a cool 66°F when I got up and now is 72.5°F. But we are supposed to get to 88°. That is pretty warm. But we do have a 20% chance of rain. I would welcome a thunderstorm this afternoon that cools things down.

I finished High School at 5'10" and 145 pounds. Two years later when I got married I was 5'10" and 145 pounds. During my 32 years at the railroad I was 5'10" and 165 pounds. Now I can stretch to 5'9" and 180 pounds. I have gone from skinny to rotund. I hate it but there is little I can do other than starve. I have some bad joints that keep me from doing any meaningful exercise. Yuk.

You all enjoy your Friday.

I’m a little torn about Florida’s home underdog status to Utah tomorrow in Gainesville. I usually root for Florida to lose. But at home to a PAC-12 team? And which outcome makes them more susceptible to losing next week to Kentucky? A demoralizing loss that shows their weaknesses but makes them desperate the next week? Or the opposite? Tough call for me.
I feel the same way. It is much easier around here if they lose. Your point is spot on. How would they rebound with a loss to Utah? One thing in our favor is they will not be hiding anything or holding back when playing the #7 team in the nation. A cupcake could allow them to do that. But they want to win that game and my guess is they put it all on the table.

We should know most of Florida's strengths and weakness from this game. But it is never easy to go into the Swamp and win. We have proven we can do it so we have that going for us.

Last edited:
I feel the same way. It is much easier around here if they lose. Your point is spot on. How would they rebound with a loss to Utah? One thing in our favor is they will not be hiding anything or holding back when playing the #7 team in the nation. A cupcake could allow them to do that. But they want to win that game and my guess is the put it all on the table.

We should know most of Florida's strengths and weakness from this game. But it is never easy to go into the Swamp and win. We have proven we can do it so we have that going for us.
Tomorrow I am all Gator. Screw Utah!

Them Utes never saw a Gator. o_O Much less tackled one.

Go Gators. Make the SEC proud. Then the next week may you fall flat on your face to the Cats.

Good morning. It was a cool 66°F when I got up and now is 72.5°F. But we are supposed to get to 88°. That is pretty warm. But we do have a 20% chance of rain. I would welcome a thunderstorm this afternoon that cools things down.

I finished High School at 5'10" and 145 pounds. Two years later when I got married I was 5'10" and 145 pounds. During my 32 years at the railroad I was 5'10" and 165 pounds. Now I can stretch to 5'9" and 180 pounds. I have gone from skinny to rotund. I hate it but there is little I can do other than starve. I have some bad joints that keep me from doing any meaningful exercise. Yuk.

Sir,
I am 5'11" and I think I'd have to be in the ground dead for two years before I ever get to 145. I dress out at 220 right now but am trending downward (again). 205 is the goal. I want to take it to 199 one time and then I will be happy if I can keep myself at or around 205... (Oh yeah!!! I call it svelte! My Ole fat arse is SVELTE!!!)

Hello all,

I hope your day is good. Got back to the house a couple hours early. Still working but I have it in gear. Take care...

(I gave up predicting what I want to happen in sports. Seems whatever I want doesn't happen so I will go with the game-time festivities and just root for the win!)

Good Friday Morning

I added one more to the list of relatives coming down for the Gators and Cats, September 10. That makes 6 going to the game and 9 house guests. It is almost a family reunion. They will stay a few extra days to go airboat riding, do some kayaking down the river into the Gulf and hit some good seafood restaurants. Should be fun. But the most important thing is to BEAT the Gators. I have a host of cousins on my mama's side of the family who are Gator fans. I want to keep them quiet again for the next year.

Take care all,

Is that on the crystal river?

I would not say 5'9" and 180 is rotund. I believe the optimum weight for our height is 184 at the most so...you are good.

My buddy moved to sarasota after we retired in ohio and kept his boat at a marina on the crystal river. i went down to visit him once and we went out the river to the gulf. he was hoping to show me some manatees but they weren’t in.
They come in when the weather starts cooling and the Gulf waters cool down. They can not take cold water so they move inland up the rivers to keep warm. Manatees are very abundant and one can almost cross over a narrow river by stepping on their backs. Crystal River is one of my favorite spots.

A famous baseball player, TedWilliams, had a place in Citrus County (Crystal River) and did a lot of fishing from there.

Oh, got my Mazda back yesterday and it seems fixed. The Mass air sensor I bought cheaply didn't work (Was able to return it.) The OEM Mass Air sensor worked but also needed a transmission control module sensor. Those and labor cost me $485.00 (The car worked well today. My Darling and I took it for a drive this afternoon as well. Seems okay.) The parts neared $300.00 (I had already priced those) so I figured the $485.00 was reasonable.

I am going to replace the serpentine belt and the A/C belt soon on the Mazda. The Skyactiv engine has a timing chain. (They wanted $226.00 for just the serpentine belt which included installation so I think Advanced will get a drive-by soon since AutoZone has the belts for around $28.00. (I am good and cheap labor...)

Got a price to replace My Darlings brakes and rotors. The guy quoted me about $650.00 an axle. Since I can buy the parts new for about $380.00 total for all four wheels at Advanced (Already checked)(Mid-Grade parts.), I know what I will do in the next month or so...

Going to watch some Errol Flynn... Captain Blood (I watched part of it the day before yesterday.) May also watch some of Gentleman Jim...

Have a good rest of your evening...

Good morning folks. Well. the day is finally here. Kentucky football is back.

Always some question marks for the first game, and some things we can count on.

Question mark: Will Rooster, who has been MIA lately, make a surprise appearance with the spinning blue sparks on touchdowns?

Count on: We will have Warrior's artillery barrages on all scores.

There are probably other ways to analyze the game, but I'l leave that to you fellows. Have a great day.

Good Saturday Game Day

Football in the Bluegrass. I am excited about the Cats first game and looking forward to the new faces in key positions. Wide receiver being one. It will not be easy to replace Robinson but we may have some young talent that can get the job done.

The weather here is pretty much like it was for the past weeks. We have 74° now, the wind is ENE at 7 mph and the humidity is 97%. We should ease up to 87° and have a 49% chance of scattered thunder showers by mid afternoon. Just another September day.

We are missing rooster and hope he shows up today when the Cats score. I trust all are well and in good health and spirits.

Go CATS, GAME DAY

OIP.qFYrZh1qKCzuwPuaZtveQAHaD5

Good morning from ATX. Currently 77°F and cloudy. Today's high expected around 86°F with a chance for showers.

Game Day is here. Go Cats! I must hook up this Fire Stick so we can watch the game on our large TV rather than my laptop. Start working on it around noon. Planning on Zaxby's for dinner before game time.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

20220815_171225_0000.jpg

72.0°F and cloudy. We are supposed to get rain today. We got .12" over night.

Game day.
I just checked my e-mail and there was a weather alert that said we had rain and 55mph winds at my house during the night. The wind gusts were on and off between 2:00am and 5:30am. I slept through it. I checked the yard this morning and there was no debris but sure signs of a heavy rain.

Good late morning all. Seems I slept in...been up for about an hour. Coffee just finished. Want biscuits but too late. I have bagels, English muffins, and cream cheese.

Who knows where this day will lead. I will start on my garage. May go buy the belts for the Mazda. Need to cut my backyard. Plenty to do, we shall see. Will try watching the game as well...

Have a great one...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT