ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Watching the Reds-Phillies game tonight and Tyrese Maxey was there and the
announcers were talking to him about how he felt about the 76er's fans and the city being so big and the fans so crazy. He told them he was prepared for it for as you know he said I played at the University of Kentucky and those fans are just as crazy (meaning good of course). He said that prepared him for these kinds of fans.

2334817.gif

Good morning from ATX. Currently 77°F and cloudy. 40% chance for rain around noon. Today's high expected around 90°F.

SEC Kickoff party this coming Saturday here in Austin. Free food and beer. Event not held 2020 and 2021 over COVID. Great times during years past. I may attend.

Happy Hump Day.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Peach-Pie-Day-August-24.jpg

It was nice while it lasted. A Florida man barely made it out of his housing complex before crashing his 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition sports car into a nearby palm tree. The man purchased the vehicle last month for $704,000 at a Barret-Jackson auction in Palm Beach. The Ford GT has 550 HP. The driver claims that the reason for the crash was a lack of familiarity with the manual transmission.

Really? If you can't shift a manual transmission buy a golf cart.

hQJyX97UpfAHHPdBLH0wWeFWknlGSLDt_Un28pzZEATO1gaXC1t03PmHuUIPiwrnW02gnRxLYtLGXyrCfKcPBwAOuTq1EHmomXlqEV4_DCWsfNGG_kg=s0-d-e1-ft

Morning Legionnaires!

86° on tap for today with partly cloudy skies. More of the same tomorrow with light winds. Chance of rain for the rest of the week so...fishing will happen tomorrow. Normally teach karate on Mondays and Thursdays but, they have been finally installing AC in the building, so they have shut down the gym for 2 weeks starting last week.

Slowly inching towards football now that it is within sight. Need some time filler to help the time to go faster. How about some pre-season visions from the past.

Missles-firing-gif-2.gif

Missles-firing-gif-5.gif

Missles-firing-gif.gif

The one I use for field goals.
artillery-cannon-animated-gif-4.gif

Good morning D—League. Continuing to be relatively cool and clear in the east.

Warrior, your pre-football artillery display reminds me that I found out yesterday that a buddy’s son, a newly minted West Point 2nd Lt., is awaiting orders to Ft. Sill to begin his army career. I was only there briefly once and don’t remember much. I spent more time at Ft. Hood than any other major base, some at Bragg and Campbell. I’m sure the kid will find a welcoming environment.

All is well otherwise. Hope it’s a good day for all.

Good morning D-League. Thanks for the clips on George Jones and Merle Haggard BBUK. My two favorite singers from my early days. Still the two country singers I listen to frequently.

Today’s my anniversary folks. 26 years. We got married at a very understated ceremony in a small church in Winchester, Virginia. It’s what she wanted - it was her first time at the marriage rodeo, my second. I was fine with that having been through a giant, lavish ceremony when I was in my early 20s in Palm Beach County, Fla.

And we’re as happy today after two children now in their early 20s as on that day in Winchester.

I hope it’s a great day for all.

Happy anniversary!

Good morning D—League. Continuing to be relatively cool and clear in the east.

Warrior, your pre-football artillery display reminds me that I found out yesterday that a buddy’s son, a newly minted West Point 2nd Lt., is awaiting orders to Ft. Sill to begin his army career. I was only there briefly once and don’t remember much. I spent more time at Ft. Hood than any other major base, some at Bragg and Campbell. I’m sure the kid will find a welcoming environment.

All is well otherwise. Hope it’s a good day for all.
Belated Happy Anniversary to you and yours.

Hello all,

Keeping on, keeping on... I am thankful. I hope this day finds you well. (I SHALL return, Lord willing and the river don't rise...) (I know, I know, it was a threat...)

I swiped that phrase, but if it was good enough for John in the Sands of Iwo Jima....then...

Last edited:
Good morning D-League. Thanks for the clips on George Jones and Merle Haggard BBUK. My two favorite singers from my early days. Still the two country singers I listen to frequently.

Today’s my anniversary folks. 26 years. We got married at a very understated ceremony in a small church in Winchester, Virginia. It’s what she wanted - it was her first time at the marriage rodeo, my second. I was fine with that having been through a giant, lavish ceremony when I was in my early 20s in Palm Beach County, Fla.

And we’re as happy today after two children now in their early 20s as on that day in Winchester.

I hope it’s a great day for all.
Happy Anniversary to you both!

This kid is mature beyond his years. With Oscar and Lance, I don't think you'll find 2 more humble players in America.

Glad I saw this, good post. I haven't been the biggest fan of Ware but now I am. I wasn't that mature at that age. And he does always bring energy, can't question his effort.

Morning Legionnaires!

Temp this morning is 69° with the high of 93° expected. Looks like fishing today is on, at least the first few hours until the sun starts beating on me. Will be leaving here in about an hour. Going to try a pond I have not tried in over 2 years or so. Seemed to dry up after several visits. Not a big pond so there probably was not many in it but below is one of several I caught from there about that same size a couple of years ago.

20180823-094008.jpg

Good Morning D League

The coffee is extra good today, nice and strong and black. This morning we have 71° with the high to reach 89°. Looks like a busy day ahead. I trust you have sunshine with the rain and your spirits are high. I pray all are well and if not, you are improving in health and happiness.

The Gulf of Mexico as the storms roll in and the sun goes down.

301389548_5461315990588099_534693064935471849_n.jpg

Good morning D-League. Cool and clear in the east.

Love the banana split day photo Austin. When I was a high school basketball player I was actually trying to GAIN weight. Luckily my HS girlfriend worked at the local Dari Bar and I was able to get an “insider’s discount” on a banana split -every night.

Those were the days. Now I gained five pounds I don’t need just looking at that photo.

Ah well. Hope u all have a good day.

Good morning, D-League!

Not so good for some, but another day to live and breathe. So many cancer diagnoses all around. Another friend's wife has been diagnosed. Saw 2 studies where diagnoses are up over 2000% since the shots were rolled out (one said it's over 4000% in one country).

It's not as surprising to me that it's having this kind of effect, because we studied up on the tech that went into them over 3 years before the crisis of 2020. Not many had the reasons we did, so they were caught unaware.

Praying for everyone in the D-League and your families that they might avoid the shots and get some treatment now before what they might cause hits home. May God bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT