ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D read Luke 23.

I could take a whole summer like the past 3-4 days, cool days and cool night!!!

A friend of ours told Mrs. M how to make 2 ingredients biscuits, some of the best I have had, heavy cream and self-rising flour!!!

I can't believe how my life has changed. I hope the D has a great day and prayers for the D!!!!
Just checked it out and they are in our immediate future.

edit: they instead of there. Sorry.

Last edited:
298797138_10223196814373468_7371817914864105812_n.jpg

Back from fishing. Went to Elgin Tank but it was so full of trees and brushes around the bank I could not bank fish, so I drove back to Nine Mile Pond which is just before Elgin Tank. There were 3 guys in kayaks at Elgin Tank which made me wish I had brought mine. Any ways, Nine Mile was pretty good to me as I had many strikes with 7 hooks and 5 landed.

Not a bad haul as the in laws are coming over again today so...fish for dinner. Largest was about 4lbs or so. But the biggest thing in the pond today was me as I got my left boot stuck in the mud at the edge and tried to rock myself free only to lose my balance and fall in. Good thing the beavers who were harassing me earlier were not around. They flanked me early on, one on left side and the other on the right. They started popping their tales on the surfaces signifying I was not welcome. I'm going to tell Ward they were being bad.

Scully's catches of the day:

20220820-100220.jpg

Last edited:
Back from fishing. Went to Elgin Tank but it was so full of trees and brushes around the bank I could not bank fish, so I drove back to Nine Mile Pond which is just before Elgin Tank. There were 3 guys in kayaks at Elgin Tank which made me wish I had brought mine. Any ways, Nile Mile was pretty good to me as I had many strikes with 7 hooks and 5 landed.

Not a bad haul as the in laws are coming over again today so...fish for dinner. Largest was about 4lbs or so. But the biggest thing in the pond today was me as I got my left boot stuck in the mud at the edge and tried to rock myself free only to lose my balance and fall in. Good thing the beavers who were harassing me earlier were not around. They flanked me early on, one on left side and the other on the right. They started popping their tales on the surfaces signifying I was not welcome. I'm going to tell Ward they were being bad.

20220820-100220.jpg

Dang Brudder Sir, you got your mojo back for sure for sure....Son...

jerry-reed-snowman.gif

I am a breakfast first person too. It is my favorite meal of the day and something I would only skip if I had to fast or there was nothing to eat. I was raised by a mother who would get up an hour before the rest of us and put the biscuits in the oven and fry one of ham, sausage, bacon, pork chops or fish. Fried fish for breakfast was always a treat for us. The fish was always fresh caught and never frozen. A special meal for sure.
Here's one you will appreciate. A ham and egg breakfast shows the difference between involved and commited. The chicken is involved. The pig is commited.

I was mowing the back yard and came up on this.. My eyes even with glasses was hard to make it out. I don't think it's poisonous but it has now been rendered harmless though I am concerned about sisters, brothers, cousins, inlaws, and outlaws as this was at the edge of My Darlings garden...

299883878_5934659316547599_1371740471853267_n.jpg

300368291_5934659606547570_7108860667382490507_n.jpg

300369782_5934667326546798_5832152336134912642_n.jpg

299601928_5934678336545697_5717410810081146541_n.jpg

About 6 inches long and shedding...

Sad afternoon. My son has headed back to Lexington after working a job in Maryland and staying home all summer. The older I get the more I miss my kids when they leave after a visit. I guess that’s normal.

Gives me another incentive for more frequent visits to the Bluegrass in the coming months.

I like this lady... (I know this is facebook but these come up easily without searching.)

@berniecarbo @Sawnee Cat

I occasionally like to bring my fellow 2 or 3 Cards fans of the D-League...an update.

Albert hit 2 more homers last night(he is now 8 away from 700), passing Stan Musial for 2nd all-time in the history of the game in total bases.

Paul Goldschmidt continues his MVP season, a 3 homerun game him 31 HRs and 100 RBIs already on the season, also batting .341.

And if you love defense...

Last edited:
Back from fishing. Went to Elgin Tank but it was so full of trees and brushes around the bank I could not bank fish, so I drove back to Nine Mile Pond which is just before Elgin Tank. There were 3 guys in kayaks at Elgin Tank which made me wish I had brought mine. Any ways, Nine Mile was pretty good to me as I had many strikes with 7 hooks and 5 landed.

20220820-100220.jpg
This is a nice mess of fish for frying. You are eating well in Oklahoma.

This is a nice mess of fish for frying. You are eating well in Oklahoma.
Living well too any day I can go fishing. As the weather cools, I will be going out more just for the outdoor experience. I bass fish right now about twice a week keeping 4 to 5 from one trip for a weekly fish fry. Catch and release about 60-70% so there is more for later. Yesterday I caught 7 kept 5, Thursday, I caught 4 and released them.

Once the years catch up to me my fishing will change from bass to catfish as I will just set up in one place with a chair, snacks, and some drinks while casting heavy lines and rods into the water and wait for the cats to bite. I ran into a man yesterday at Nine Mile who does that about 4 days a week. There was also an elderly couple I met early in the year who do that about twice a week. The man is 91 years old and his German wife 88 or 89 and met in military many years back in Germany and retired here.

I was mowing the back yard and came up on this.. My eyes even with glasses was hard to make it out. I don't think it's poisonous but it has now been rendered harmless though I am concerned about sisters, brothers, cousins, inlaws, and outlaws as this was at the edge of My Darlings garden...

299883878_5934659316547599_1371740471853267_n.jpg

300368291_5934659606547570_7108860667382490507_n.jpg

300369782_5934667326546798_5832152336134912642_n.jpg

299601928_5934678336545697_5717410810081146541_n.jpg

About 6 inches long and shedding...
If I ran across this in Florida I would identify it as a Brahminy Blind Snake. They can be mistaken for earth worms and are probably one of the smallest snakes we have. I read they are the smallest snake in the world. They live in loose soil, leaf litter, rotting logs, sawdust, and beneath surface debris. They are native of Southeast Asia but have been spread around the world through the tropical plant trade. They are commonly found in tropical plants. They are harmless.

Good morning D-League

Today's weather is pretty much a carbon copy of yesterday. We have 73° with sunny skies and should get up to a high of 88° by mid afternoon. There is a 25% chance of rain and humidity is 94%. Our air quality is very good and drinking water excellent. The sun will shine.

I am finding it harder to use my left arm because of the shoulder issue and am anxious to see the doc about it. My appointment is a few weeks away but I can manage until then. The hardest thing is putting on my polo shirts which is about all I wear. I only wear a button up shirt on Sundays or funerals.

I trust all are well and have a glorious Lord's Day.

299779871_10159021370044077_4561276517761588390_n.jpg

Last edited:

Morning Legionnaires!

71° on tap for today from 96° yesterday as rain is now coming down. Possibility of 2" forecasted. Big change from yesterday's temp, going back up to 80's and 90's starting tomorrow.

Mil and BIL came over yesterday which is the reason for the fish fry. Also invited my friend and mentor (karate instructor). While they were here the one dog who normally stays in our bedroom when MIL is on the couch in the living room came out to the couch I was on when she (MIL) went to the kitchen and my friend was on the other couch. My wife came in and noticed she (the dog) was out with me while he was there and said that it must be her mother she dislikes. When her mother came back into the living room, she (the dog) jumped up, growled and ran back into the bedroom. MIL made a snarky remark saying: "Well, I don't like you either".

I love that dog.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 70° and partly cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring a chance of thunderstorms and a high of 81°.

I read they had to shut the state fair down early due to 'suspicious activity'. It was later reported that gunfire had broken out. Several people were arrested.

Everyone stay safe on this Sunday morning.

59ce759ef37c8d274c5e3a67

Morning Legionnaires!

71° on tap for today from 96° yesterday as rain is now coming down. Possibility of 2" forecasted. Big change from yesterday's temp, going back up to 80's and 90's starting tomorrow.

Mil and BIL came over yesterday which is the reason for the fish fry. Also invited my friend and mentor (karate instructor). While they were here the one dog who normally stays in our bedroom when MIL is on the couch in the living room came out to the couch I was on when she (MIL) went to the kitchen and my friend was on the other couch. My wife came in and noticed she (the dog) was out with me while he was there and said that it must be her mother she dislikes. When her mother came back into the living room, she (the dog) jumped up, growled and ran back into the bedroom. MIL made a snarky remark saying: "Well, I don't like you either".

I love that dog.
Further proof of why they're mans best friend.

2d04807247c1a850f348f39ae30e80fa.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and cloudy with a chance for isolated afternoon thunderstorms. Today's high expected around 92°F. Tropical storm may hit south Texas. We can sure use the rain.

Lots going on today. Heading out grocery shopping after a walk. Might try swapping in a solid state drive into another laptop sitting around here.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-SPUMONI-DAY-August-21-e1597779379158.png

Good morning D-League

Today's weather is pretty much a carbon copy of yesterday. We have 73° with sunny skies and should get up to a high of 88° by mid afternoon. There is a 25% chance of rain and humidity is 94%. Our air quality is very good and drinking water excellent. The sun will shine.

I am finding it harder to use my left arm because of the shoulder issue and am anxious to see the doc about it. My appointment is a few weeks away but I can manage until then. The hardest thing is putting on my polo shirts which is about all I wear. I only wear a button up shirt on Sundays or funerals.

I trust all are well and have a glorious Lord's Day.

299779871_10159021370044077_4561276517761588390_n.jpg
Cool. What is that? Eel? Catfish? Yes, I know the other is a gator.

If I ran across this in Florida I would identify it as a Brahminy Blind Snake. They can be mistaken for earth worms and are probably one of the smallest snakes we have. I read they are the smallest snake in the world. They live in loose soil, leaf litter, rotting logs, sawdust, and beneath surface debris. They are native of Southeast Asia but have been spread around the world through the tropical plant trade. They are commonly found in tropical plants. They are harmless.

Thanks, I was doubtful it was poisonous. (Like John Wayne stated in the Comanchero's "truthfully" I might add; ("They may look like a rattler but once you see your first rattler, you'll know the difference.")(Talking about a Comanche and a tame Indian as well.) I looked up Virginia snakes and think it is an eastern black racer or rat snake...(He was moving around pretty well.)

Good afternoon all...

crocodile-dundee-dynamite.gif

crocodile-dundee-mick-dundee.gif

BBUK and the snake yesterday... (In my mind anyway...)

giphy.gif
You can bring a bigger knife to a knife fight, but don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Along those lines, I had a friend who was big into full contact karate. I used to work out with him now and then. He was tough and his dojo did actual fighting, so he knew what he was doing. He even won a boxing contest one of the local outlaw biker gangs put on. He could've destroyed me easily. One day he pulled into a parking lot. Some guy pulled a gun on him and robbed him. He went and bought a 45 and never went back to his dojo.

You can bring a bigger knife to a knife fight, but don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Along those lines, I had a friend who was big into full contact karate. I used to work out with him now and then. He was tough and his dojo did actual fighting, so he knew what he was doing. He even won a boxing contest one of the local outlaw biker gangs put on. He could've destroyed me easily. One day he pulled into a parking lot. Some guy pulled a gun on him and robbed him. He went and bought a 45 and never went back to his dojo.

Had some "encounters" while living in the slums of Detroit. (Gun and knife fights are not like the movies.) The best "tool" to carry with you is a quarter piece of brick. (Just your every day average building brick. Want to do some serious damage... use this...)

depositphotos_37811251-stock-photo-broken-pieces-of-brick.jpg

A gun over a knife assuredly but unexpectedly, the above does wonders when called upon. To this day I keep a piece in each of my cars and my daughters cars... (Just a jagged piece that you can hold in your hand... should not be a cumbersome piece, just a good handful...)

Had some "encounters" while living in the slums of Detroit. (Gun and knife fights are not like the movies.) The best "tool" to carry with you is a quarter piece of brick. (Just your every day average building brick. Want to do some serious damage... use this...)

depositphotos_37811251-stock-photo-broken-pieces-of-brick.jpg

A gun over a knife assuredly but unexpectedly, the above does wonders when called upon. To this day I keep a piece in each of my cars and my daughters cars... (Just a jagged piece that you can hold in your hand... should not be a cumbersome piece, just a good handful...)
A buddy and I had just got off the midnight shift and was having a couple of beers in the baracks, when this monster of a guy comes through ranting and raving. He was covered in blood. Turns out as he rounded a corner, some guy introduced a two by four to his face. The moral of the story is you just need to be sure you have the right tool for the job.

A buddy and I had just caught off the midnight shift and was having a couple of beers in the baracks, when this monster of a guy comes through ranting and raving. He was covered in blood. Turns out as he rounded a corner, some guy introduced a two by four to his face. The moral of the story is you just need to be sure you have the right tool for the job.

Yes Sir,

I worked for Orkin and Terminix (Worked for the same Manager) for six years total. That Manager's son was a nice guy but a tough guy. I think ten years younger than me. I listened to him several times talk about his fighting and bar fighting. (His name was Kurt. A likeable guy too but a tree stump but not too big type body. He was stout.) He had just got married and had a little baby. In talking with him I got into the family thing and talked about family devotion. During one of his fight talks I told him, some people won't take a whipping. (My remembrance of what an older man had told me once.) Kurt would not listen as I got into explaining what I meant.

It wasn't two weeks later that his Dad called off work telling me what happened. Kurt was in a fight and had his throat cut from ear to ear. (Kurt lived.)

It was a month or two later (Seemed like that long anyway.) Kurt came back to work. He came up to me and told me when I was talking to him he didn't understand what I meant but he does now. He went through a life-changing ordeal and lived (Thankfully). He changed his life totally. (I saw it as he showed me, he was cut from ear to ear around his throat. Just grotesque.)

(This was in the Louisville area when I lived in Kentucky.) (I was God-given lucky in that I heeded warnings before I had my come to Jesus moment in Michigan. In my heart I knew and God changed me once I submitted to him.)

Howdy. How is Don doing? Did he spend time in the hospital?

I'm almost recovered from my maladies. I mostly feel OK.

1 I had a surgical procedure for a skin cancer in my inner ear which developed infection. Pus drained from it non-stop for two months before they finally got it under control.

2 I came down with sciatica about a week after that ear surgery fiasco. I have never had back problems. I did nothing that would hurt my back. It really laid me low. I couldn't lie down, sit or walk for over a month without great pain. Took me a couple of months to mostly get over that. My fear was that it was going to be permanent.

3 While going through the above I got covid. Not much worse than a bad cold which lasted over a week.

I do read all the posts even though I haven't posted much.

Last edited:

That's why I carry and train. You don't always have your gun on you. But I'm sure he still knows how to defend himself when he does not have it on him.

Edited: Little known fact, Bruce Lee carried a paper bag with a gun in it sometimes. He also made the point that you could not go around getting into fights in the street without someone pulling out a gun.

Last edited:
That's why I carry and train. You don't always have your gun on you. But I'm sure he still knows how to defend himself when he does not have it on him.
Actually he passed of cancer a few years ago. I worked with him at the uranium enrichment plant near Paducah. Several guys who worked there died from cancer they got on the job. Certain buildings that were more involved in the process were apparently more dangerous than others. To a certain extent, it was luck of the draw where you worked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT