ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

^ Sorry to hear of Mike Pratt's passing. He'll be missed, especially on the radio calls.

Meanwhile, found a pair of crutches, can of Starkist tuna and 22 cents this morning.

Only in Austin.

288638005_10226377322079974_1064448438149689072_n.jpg

^ Sorry to hear of Mike Pratt's passing. He'll be missed, especially on the radio calls.

Meanwhile, found a pair of crutches, can of Starkist tuna and 22 cents this morning.

Only in Austin.

288638005_10226377322079974_1064448438149689072_n.jpg
I have a pair of those. Bought them myself a few years ago when I was having problems with my feet and Achilles. RACH would not do much so, I bought my own.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and clear. Today's high expected around 100°F. We hit 103°F yesterday. More triple-digits possible.

Busy at office yesterday. Activity really cranked up since co-worker out. Hopefully we're quiet today.

2-seater Cessna crashed into Lady Bird lake yesterday afternoon. Pilot, who is a game warden, survived.
Good Morning Austin, TGIF
Just one of the hazards Wildlifers face. We all knew. I quit flying when I became a husband and father after seeing the devastating impact on their families. We all don't die by the grace of God, but we all were/remain injured to varying degrees. Never confuse the dedicated profesionals of "The Wildlife Society" or "The American Fisheries Society" (often the same people) with the woke world of do-gooders. They're not always correct but always seeking the truth in their service. I've been blessed to have been friends/co-workers of such character. Here's a memorial mentioning several who lost their lives.​
Good morning all,

Up earlier than I'd hoped but....(about an hour ago on an off day...)

The taste of biscuits are rumbling in my stomach..... I have a hankering....

Have a blessed day....
Excellent. Put it to GOOD use. Be smart and keep your hanker clean and ready to use. You'll probably need it again.

Last edited:
Good evening, D-League! I wore out early this week after 10 hour days in the redickooluss heat and humidity. Not nearly as young as I used to be, but I am really much better at getting sore than I was back then! Got to get better at something I guess.

Hope yall are doing well and enjoying this clown show of a government. It would've been funny as can be if it was a sitcom back in the 90s for those that didn't remember the Carter years. If we only had a bulldozer big enough to push DC into the water and build it back better...

Oh well. At least there is Kentucky (for now)! Have a great weekend, y'all!

Good morning folks. Terrible to wake up to the news of Mike Pratt's passing. He played for the Cats in the years I was 12-14, when the love of Kentucky was all consuming. RIP.

I'm waiting for my wife to quit fussing so we can get on the road to Campbell County. A short visit to celebrate Father's Day with my dad. Should be tehre by 3pm, In'Sh'Allah, as we used to say ironically in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I hope it is a good day for all of you.

That is sobering news. I knew he was fighting cancer, but a friend just took a picture of me with Mike and Tom at a book signing this past winter. Would never know he wasn't feeling well or that he was fighting cancer, if someone hadn't told ya. He was always kind at the games and press conferences.

Hearing the news made me slow things down to post on here today. I really do wish the best for everyone here in the coming days. Seems like there's going to be a lot more news like this all around us, but I hope it leaves you and yours alone.

Prayers for the D-League!

@MdWildcat, safe travels and give our best to your father. Glad you still have yours with you! May God continue to bless you with his presence here

Good evening, D-League! I wore out early this week after 10 hour days in the redickooluss heat and humidity. Not nearly as young as I used to be, but I am really much better at getting sore than I was back then! Got to get better at something I guess.

Hope yall are doing well and enjoying this clown show of a government. It would've been funny as can be if it was a sitcom back in the 90s for those that didn't remember the Carter years. If we only had a bulldozer big enough to push DC into the water and build it back better...

Oh well. At least there is Kentucky (for now)! Have a great weekend, y'all!
Remember that lurking, like beating a dead horse, is more fun than you think.
free_horse.jpg

Good morning folks. Terrible to wake up to the news of Mike Pratt's passing. He played for the Cats in the years I was 12-14, when the love of Kentucky was all consuming. RIP.

I'm waiting for my wife to quit fussing so we can get on the road to Campbell County. A short visit to celebrate Father's Day with my dad. Should be tehre by 3pm, In'Sh'Allah, as we used to say ironically in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I hope it is a good day for all of you.
Sad. Was in the same Pratt/Issel/Casey class. Issel only one left. Best friend worked with Casey at a smaller chem company where Casey was in sales.

That is sobering news. I knew he was fighting cancer, but a friend just took a picture of me with Mike and Tom at a book signing this past winter. Would never know he wasn't feeling well or that he was fighting cancer, if someone hadn't told ya. He was always kind at the games and press conferences.

Hearing the news made me slow things down to post on here today. I really do wish the best for everyone here in the coming days. Seems like there's going to be a lot more news like this all around us, but I hope it leaves you and yours alone.

Prayers for the D-League!

@MdWildcat, safe travels and give our best to your father. Glad you still have yours with you! May God continue to bless you with his presence here
Thanks Girthang. Made it here safely and dad and I are watching the Reds together like we have since 1962.

Last edited:

Morning Legionnaires!

Gotta find something to do today. Have not been fishing this week since moving around hurts my injured ribs. However, I am going to give it one more day and then go fishing tomorrow morning. Watched some fishing videos yesterday on record fish caught in different states and countries. Need to catch a monster.

Good morning D
It’s a beautiful morning..not as hot today
Kind of a big day for us: Rob and I are celebrating 34 years today. It’s hard to believe. We’ve been together since I was 16; my favorite high school teacher calls us “the forever kids”
I guess we are lol. And I still kind of like him ;)
Have lots to do today but he’s made reservations to a nice Italian restaurant for this evening.
hope all are well and you have a great day

Good morning D
Kind of a big day for us: Rob and I are celebrating 34 years today. It’s hard to believe. We’ve been together since I was 16; my favorite high school teacher calls us “the forever kids”
Have lots to do today but he’s made reservations to a nice Italian restaurant for this evening.

Good morning and congrats you young newlyweds....

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F, sunny and clear. Today's high expected around 100°F.

Experienced a "near-miss" while driving yesterday. I'd just pulled out of an intersection on green signal when another car ran his redlight and hit vehicle behind me. Was lucky, indeed.

Four turds mentioned in a report below went on an armed robbery crime spree in and around our neighborhood. An armed citizen shot one of the bastards and put a stop to it. I was out walking during some of the robberies. May start carrying.

Plan on listing various items on Craigslist later today after a walk.

Happy Anniversary to @Bkocats .

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

International-Sushi-Day-June-18.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F, sunny and clear. Today's high expected around 100°F.

Experienced a "near-miss" while driving yesterday. I'd just pulled out of an intersection on green signal when another car ran his redlight and hit vehicle behind me. Was lucky, indeed.

Four turds mentioned in a report below went on an armed robbery crime spree in and around our neighborhood. An armed citizen shot one of the bastards and put a stop to it. I was out walking during some of the robberies. May start carrying.

Plan on listing various items on Craigslist later today after a walk.

Happy Anniversary to @Bkocats .

International-Sushi-Day-June-18.jpg

People go nuts, want to act like rabid animals. Yeah, I carry most days. I've seen some weird people doing weird Schmidt in this area. Luckily my neighborhood has been mostly unscathed but now-a-days, nuts abound...

Edit: The deviants used to be able to be shamed into the shadows but not now... Deviance is applauded as normal and even the deviant's are confused as to why... Just a horrible, horrible thing to allow psychopathic deviance to dictate normalcy.

Last edited:
Good morning D
Congrats to you and Rob. He is a lucky man.

Italian food is wonderful.

Told my oldest I'd rather stay home and play with two of my grand-babies.

My oldest has a habit of trying new restaurants on the worst days. Most of them My Darling and I don't like. Around here going to a restaurant on special days requires a "wait", even with a reservation. That is already strike two.

I told my daughter to order three pizzas and we can eat at home.

We shall see...

Good morning D
Congrats on your anniversary.

anniversary-34-7.gif

Good morning D
94350329-34th-anniversary-logo-with-blue-ribbon.jpg

50942256373_14c0301396_b.jpg

Last edited:

Morning Legionnaires!

75° this morning and going to get hot, but I am still going fishing. Winds are low but I can't take the kayak, ribs still hurting. Would not be able to use the paddles. Will only stay for 2 to three hours because it gets hot fast here. Anytime out is better than no time out. Leaving here in 30 minutes.

Happy Father's Day to our heavenly Father and the rest of you too. Enjoy the day folks.

Wife ask what I wanted to eat. I told her a bucket of KFC with biscuits (can eat tomorrow as well with a bucket). Don't know about you, but cold KFC chicken taste really good the following day. Add some potato salad and a drink and I am good.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 76°F, clear and calm. Today's high expected around 101°F. No end in sight for triple-digits so long as this high pressure area hovers over Texas.

Finished a few chores yesterday, but more remain today. Plan on walking here in a bit and then get cleaned up. Must grocery shop.

Happy Father's Day.

0600-NATIONAL-TURKEY-LOVERS-DAY.png

Good morning D, we finished up the New Testament and the Senior Saint I read with, wanted to reread the New Testament, so we are up to Matthew 5.

Happy Father's Day to all the D!!!

Happy anniversary Bev, glad to see you again.

I think about my friends here in the D, our lives' has changed! I still lurk around, I still pray for the D, please keep us in your prayers, especially my son, today is not going to be good for him, I wish I could fix it for him!!!!!

Morning Legionnaires!

75° this morning and going to get hot, but I am still going fishing. Winds are low but I can't take the kayak, ribs still hurting. Would not be able to use the paddles. Will only stay for 2 to three hours because it gets hot fast here. Anytime out is better than no time out. Leaving here in 30 minutes.

Happy Father's Day to our heavenly Father and the rest of you too. Enjoy the day folks.

Wife ask what I wanted to eat. I told her a bucket of KFC with biscuits (can eat tomorrow as well with a bucket). Don't know about you, but cold KFC chicken taste really good the following day. Add some potato salad and a drink and I am good.
KFC is better cold than hot. The best chicken on earth, in my opinion.

Back from fishing and not much to report. Hooked 9 landed 4 (nothing larger than 1 1/2lbs) so the bass won out this morning. Still no lunkers from Bald but, I hooked one I did not get up to the surface before my line snapped so... it did stay down bending my rod way over however and the snapping of the line happened because it got under some branches or something. Still enjoyed myself. Once again, any day out fishing is better than not out fishing for me.

Last edited:
Happy Fathers Day to all you fine gentlemen
And to the Fathers who have already passed on
It’s a bittersweet day in our home..we celebrate Rob and our son Brenham for being the amazing dads they are, while at the same time really missing Robs dad and mine
If you no longer have your father here, my love and hugs go out to you

Back from fishing and not much to report. Hooked 9 landed 4 (nothing larger than 1 1/2lbs) so the bass won out this morning. Still no lunkers from Bald but, I hooked one I did not get up to the surface before my line snapped so... it did stay down bending my rod way over however, the snapping of the line happened because it got under some branches or something. Still enjoyed myself. Once again, any day out fishing is better than not out fishing for me.
The largest bass I ever caught weighed 4 oz's more than the bait I was using! 😁

It’s a bittersweet day in our home..we celebrate Rob and our son Brenham for being the amazing dads they are, while at the same time really missing Robs dad and mine
Only to the fine gentlemen? The rest of us might feel left out. 😟

Been a long time. I think about my Dad all the time. No special occasion, just think about him.

All have a great day. I think it will be Domino's versus a "fancy" feast. (I will be happier in any event.) The BB is behind me as I type and just hollered out: PAPA! I am thankful... The Little Booger will be here later. I enjoy running them around the house playing HAHA, and Papa Hide, Ober Dare, and Hide and Seek...

Like I told my son a while back. I am glad you and your sisters have me and Mom to "cry" to... think sometimes who your Mom and I "cry" to... A real sobering thought if they'd think about it. My Darling and I have some good children but I guess I just expect great things and they have accomplished a lot. I just remember how I, my brother, and sister treated our parents...... Oh well.... Not to be a downer... It wasn't meant to be that way.

Take care all and cherish what you have every minute...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT