ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Thank you gentlemen

not sure how much of a benefit but all good
I just don’t like seeing conflict like that. The older I get the less I can handle

at any rate..life is crazy busy as usual. We’re still trying to settle into our house; especially now that our older son moved back in and we have his little girl with us too about 95% of the time
Younger son is still struggling..they finally determined he is likely autistic (well no duh) and he’s having a formal evaluation on the 30th
Still not happy about the state of our basketball program or our coach, but can’t dwell on it right now

hoping that this time around in the D there will be more interaction and not just everyone liking my posts

hugs

I don't like your posts......

(I've been hacked...)😉

I was very worried about you until I figured out your post Rooster. I haven't had multiple blackouts over a Saturday-Sunday since I stopped measuring my bourbon intake by the pint and put away the Wild Turkey 101...I was pretty much past that phase by 27...My wife, who I met fairly soon after that period, thinks of me as a very moderate drinker, never drunk and rarely deep enough into it to show even moderate effects. She finds it hard to believe I was coming off a ten-year reign of terror when we met. But I was one of the lucky ones who changed in time.

Back to downtown DC for the job. My personal least enjoyable weather of the year is about now until mid-September, at least when I have to wear button-down business clothes.

Hope it is a good day for all...
1st) I've found limited explanation. None for the Friday outages. Saturday a damaged line was grounding. No outages since.

2nd) I have had a blackout. Don't remember. Maybe a couple. according to the stories & scars. Only one I can remember. Some 30 or so years ago, I was sitting on a stool of a favorite watering hole and I informed the bartender I couldn't see, that I was blind drunk. He knew me and that I knew the band before they knew each other so he flagged one over. They determined that I was harmless but unable to drive. That I'd be fine until closing time. When closing time rolled around, Ronnie locked up my truck then hauled me home following verbal instructions by someone who was literally blind drunk. I'm no Saint.​
Good morning D-League. I’m enjoying a quiet moment before my wife and two 20-somethings are up and about. Doing some reading on history, including a new book on Watergate.

Having lived all my adult life in DC, I’ve met some historical footnotes. One I actually became friends with before he died too young was Carl Shoffler, the undercover cop who arrested the Watergate burglars. I met Carl when he became a source of mine when he was a member of the city’s mayoral security detail, leaking me info about the criminal activities of DC Mayor Marion Barry. I guess I can say that now as they both are dead.

This week is 50 years since Watergate and it’s still a subject around which a lot isn’t known and there is a lot of irony. For example while Shoffler never regretted doing his job and arresting the Watergate burglars, he did regret that Nixon was destroyed by the scandal and that what he saw as cynical liberals were empowered by his demise to push a far left agenda. Interesting to think what would have happened if those guys were never busted, Nixon serves out his second term in triumph, and whoever he anoints as his successor crushes the Georgia Peanut Farmer in 1976.

Hope you all have a good day.
You mention being a Maryland history buff so here's some links of interest. Nicholas Causine. Born about 1608, his father and GF were both named Ignatius Causine from France. Once in Maryland, the Causines & descendants consistently married into families of the SJ. These families were advisors to George Washington his entire life.​
Had a co-worker once who said he was a lesbian in a man's body.
1st) I think of you mentioning being unfamiliar with your ancestry as I explore mine. When I think about my mother being rescue from an orphanage by a soldier (Estill Arms) from Sunfish,KY after WWII, My father an agnostic not knowing about our his ancestry either. My paternal GF taught me about a military saint "Ignatius of Loyola". At 71, after 40 years research I still find out about men like this being in the family. Not as ancestors per se. Men like George Washington, Merriweather Lewis. Saint Robert Middleton and now apparently Saint Ignatius of Loyola. Now I'm not a Catholic (at least not yet). I'm still learning a lot just reading about Ignatius and the constitutions he meditated over.

2nd) I've also a maternal 2nd cousin " Sweet Baby Dumplin" (the one I shot.) who has claimed he's a cheating lesbian tramp since 1967. Tongue firmly planted firmly. Most everybody (fuddy duddies & goody goodies) hate him but not me. He's a riot. I think like him but learned early on to build a wall between my brain and my mouth around mixed company.​

Last edited:
Thanks for that information on the Causine family of Maryland, Rooster.

My family came to Delaware, then rapidly into Maryland a few years after that, around the 1630s. They moved on up to the Frederick, Maryland area before settling a little town that still bears the family name of Hedgesville, Virginia - later WVA. Then, on into Kentucky in the very early days of settling the Bluegrass.

Ironically, I ended up back within 50 miles of where my family owned property more than three hundred years ago.

1st) I've found limited explanation. None for the Friday outages. Saturday a damaged line was grounding. No outages since.

2nd) I have had a blackout. Don't remember. Maybe a couple. according to the stories & scars. Only one I can remember. Some 30 or so years ago, I was sitting on a stool of a favorite watering hole and I informed the bartender I couldn't see, that I was blind drunk. He knew me and that I knew the band before they knew each other so he flagged one over. They determined that I was harmless but unable to drive. That I'd be fine until closing time. When closing time rolled around, Ronnie locked up my truck then hauled me home following verbal instructions by someone who was literally blind drunk. I'm no Saint.

You mention being a Maryland history buff so here's some links of interest. Nicholas Causine. Born about 1608, his father and GF were both named Ignatius Causine from France. Once in Maryland, the Causines & descendants consistently married into families of the SJ. These families were advisors to George Washington his entire life.

1st) I think of you mentioning not familiar with your ancestry as I explore mine. When I think about my mother being rescue from an orphanage by a soldier from Sunfish,KY after WWII, My father an agnostic not knowing about our his ancestry either. My paternal GF taught me about a military saint "Ignatius of Loyola". At 71, after 40 years research I still finde out about men like this being in the family. Not as ancestors per se. Men like George Washington, Merriweather Lewis. Saint Robert Middleton and now apparently Saint Ignatius of Loyola. Now I'm not a Catholic (at least not yet). I'm still learning a lot just reading about Ignatius and the constitutions he meditated over.

2nd) I've also a maternal 2nd cousin " Sweet Baby Dumplin" (the one I shot.) who has claimed he's a cheating lesbian tramp since 1967. Tongue firmly planted firmly. Most everybody (fuddy duddies & goody goodies) hate him but not me. He's a riot. I think like him but learned early on to build a wall between my brain and my mouth around mixed company.​
Never knew my GM from my mother's side who died before I turned 1 nor my GM or GF from my biological father's side because he left when I was about 6 or 7 and we had not met them before then. Never met anyone from his family so I have no idea of our real lineage or heritage other than what my brother found out from one of those family name sites who I think are just throwing ish out there for money. Gave us no names other than the derivatives of our last name and where they originated from in Scotland/Ireland. Only one I knew was my GF from my mother's side who died in 1978 when I was in Germany. Not sure if anyone kept records so it is just a blank for me.

Last edited:
Never knew my GM from my mother's side who died before I turned 1 nor my GM or GF from my biological father's sided because he left when I was about 6 or 7 and we had not met them before then. Never met anyone from his family so I have no idea of our real lineage or heritage other than what my brother found out from one of those family name sites who I think are just throwing ish out there for money. Gave us no names other than the derivatives of our last name and where they originated from in Scotland/Ireland. Only one I knew was my GF from my mother's side who died in 1978 when I was in Germany. Not sure if anyone kept records so it is just a blank for me.​
FsT7Vrqp_o.jpg

"Sweet Baby Dumplin" (2nd from left) was rescued by his mother just as his older brother (on far right) had tied him up and about to be burn him at the stake when his Mom hollered out "Don't you hurt my sweet baby dumplin." He recently informed me he was a Catholic. When I asked him how did that happen. He informed me he was baptized in the hospital when he was 2 weeks old and everyone thought he was dying, blaming Uncle (for me cousin) Chubb for saving him. Nobody knew for over 50 years and it shows up folded in Uncle Chubb's Bible.​

Last edited:
@AustinTXCat

I don't know if you can still send private messages, looked to see if I could send you one...anyway, just so you know that UKWoodford in the political board is Baller Cat and then he was Caller Bal and he has had 40 screen names. Anyway, he is trying to play nice now but he use to constantly b-tch about me, you, and Knowls. I'm sure you remember, he often tried to sh-t on the city of Austin and say no conservative would live there. You many not care, but it is cracking me up he is now trying to buddy up to you. This isn't a guess, I know it's him. Just thought I would let you know, my favorite is when he said you and me were desperate for 'likes' haha
0*OBoczSOcw8D0rINd.jpg

Thanks for that information on the Causine family of Maryland, Rooster.

My family came to Delaware, then rapidly into Maryland a few years after that, around the 1630s. They moved on up to the Frederick, Maryland area before settling a little town that still bears the family name of Hedgesville, Virginia - later WVA. Then, on into Kentucky in the very early days of settling the Bluegrass.

Ironically, I ended up back within 50 miles of where my family owned property more than three hundred years ago.
This site is awesome and updated regularly. Hedges

This site is awesome and updated regularly. Hedges
Thanks Rooster. Yes, that’s my folks. If you follow this line long enough you get to my grandfather, Joseph Roy Hedges, and my grandmother, Maude McKibben, in Bracken County, married after his service in WW1. Googling their names produces a very similar genealogy put together by someone who must be a cousin of mine (common great grandfather) but who I never knew.

Hello all,
I do hope all are well. My Darling and I have taken some much needed time away and have had a chance to go crabbing a few times. I took off work today to go crabbing with My Darling....

288432390_5745736728773193_4865484833702241215_n.jpg

287783915_5745736982106501_7005570032032876897_n.jpg

We were in Maryland today and had the pier all to ourselves...

288477046_5745737645439768_7333071760322933253_n.jpg

287825522_5745739628772903_2697160872840632505_n.jpg

288012161_5745736565439876_8713741993460161367_n.jpg

288677991_5745784532101746_2448609124282790547_n.jpg

Caught only 16. I missed 7 or 8 big ones. (Weren't prepared to cast-line'em but we did.) We ended up going to the cast line and net trick but it worked. They weren't touching the collapsible traps today for some reason. My Darling is happy and that is good enough. She is cleaning the crabs now.

Have a great rest of your evening. Back at it tomorrow but I have Friday off as well as it is my RDO. (I need it and am thankful.)

Hello all,
I do hope all are well. My Darling and I have taken some much needed time away and have had a chance to go crabbing a few times. I took off work today to go crabbing with My Darling....

288432390_5745736728773193_4865484833702241215_n.jpg

287783915_5745736982106501_7005570032032876897_n.jpg

We were in Maryland today and had the pier all to ourselves...

288477046_5745737645439768_7333071760322933253_n.jpg

287825522_5745739628772903_2697160872840632505_n.jpg

288012161_5745736565439876_8713741993460161367_n.jpg

288677991_5745784532101746_2448609124282790547_n.jpg

Caught only 16. I missed 7 or 8 big ones. (Weren't prepared to cast-line'em but we did.) We ended up going to the cast line and net trick but it worked. They weren't touching the collapsible traps today for some reason. My Darling is happy and that is good enough. She is cleaning the crabs now.

Have a great rest of your evening. Back at it tomorrow but I have Friday off as well as it is my RDO. (I need it and am thankful.)
Looks like someone is going to have a good supper tonight.

Last edited:
Thanks Rooster. Yes, that’s my folks. If you follow this line long enough you get to my grandfather, Joseph Roy Hedges, and my grandmother, Maude McKibben, in Bracken County, married after his service in WW1. Googling their names produces a very similar genealogy put together by someone who must be a cousin of mine (common great grandfather) but who I never knew.
I found the Causines (Cousins) swimming upstream from my GF using a philosophy attributed to Yogi.
808155.jpg

Looks like someone is going to have a good supper tonight.

Ha, we stopped off at Burger King before we got home. My darling will prepare those another day. I will snap some pics. ;) (They were starting to snap at me again as I sit them in the kitchen sink. My Darling fixed that snap.)

My Darling just cut my hair, I showered and am nursing a Yuengling Black and Tan. My Darling is finally...able to care for herself. She is a good one, way better than I deserve. I always tell her I AM the blessed one...cause.... I AM!!!

I found the Causines (Cousins) swimming upstream from my GF using a philosophy attributed to Yogi.
808155.jpg
Yogi was of course a hall of fame catcher for the yankees he and Joe Garagioli grew up on the same block in St Louis and were good friends. Both were catchers. The cardinals signed Joe to a five hundred dollar bonus. Yogi wanted to sign with the Cards, but insisted on the same bonus as Joe. The Cards refused, so Yogi signed with the Yankees. Joe was more famous for working on the Today show than baseball.imagine adding Yogi to the Card powerhouse Musial led teams of the early and mid forties.

Yogi was of course a hall of fame catcher for the yankees he and Joe Garagioli grew up on the same block in St Louis and were good friends. Both were catchers. The cardinals signed Joe to a five hundred dollar bonus. Yogi wanted to sign with the Cards, but insisted on the same bonus as Joe. The Cards refused, so Yogi signed with the Yankees. Joe was more famous for working on the Today show than baseball.imagine adding Yogi to the Card powerhouse Musial led teams of the early and mid forties.
Joe Sr & Jr probably still grinning after building the Diamondbacks, dominating baseball and winning the World Series in 2001.
2001-randy-johnson-curt-schilling-017049505jpg.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 79°F and cloudy. Today's high expected around 100°F. Saharan dust kept us cool yesterday. High peaked at 98°F, breaking a streak of ten straight +100°F days.

Thursday means I'm heading into the office. Virus outbreak kept me home last week. Keeping it short. Must buzz in via VPN and run systems checks.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

fudge%2Bday.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

Weather to top out near 100° today and for the rest of the week. Thank God for retirement and air conditioning.

Will be eating Lobster tonight. Although, BBUK you could send me what you caught yesterday that way you won't be so crabby. 😋

Pictured below: Wife, daughter, and me 16 years ago this day. We were dropping her off at the Ft. Sill CDC (Child Development Center) before work. That night we celebrated our anniversary at Red Lobster (as we did every year since marriage) and it was my daughters first trip. She ate lobster off of her mothers plate and loved it. So now, she looks forward to our anniversary because that is the only time she gets lobster.

imagejpeg-0.jpg

Last edited:
Howdy folks. A work day to grind out, then early in the morning heading for the rural end of Campbell County and Bracken County (it's all rural) to see family.

Very quick trip mostly to wish my 91-year-old dad well on Father's Day. He's got five kids, 12 grand-kids, probably 20-something great-grandkids and even a great-great grand kid. All springing from his days growing up in an absolute shack with no indoor plumbing (his parents lived into the 1970s with only an outhouse) or running water -- just a cistern that caught rain water.

Hope all is well for you folks.

Have you ever read "The Frontiersmen" by Allan Eckert? It covers Simon Kenton locating in Maysville. You may be connected back to him also. I had a friend who lived in Maryland. Her grandfather bought some land from Simon Kenton. She had the deed framed as it has Simon's signature.

"The Frontiersmen" is such a good read that I got in trouble with Sherry because I would not put it down to do my chores!

Good Morning all,
I found out a few minutes ago Monday is a federal holiday. I will have to look up which one but go figure...

In any event, I hope all your days go well for you.

I have been known to ask people to take a long walk off a short pier....

This must be the one I was talking about... ;) (I know one poster on RR I'd help along. Of course in all fairness, he'd probably help @Metoo in that instance...) Have a great day!

288699812_5745784828768383_1384023846227878494_n.jpg

Have you ever read "The Frontiersmen" by Allan Eckert? It covers Simon Kenton locating in Maysville. You may be connected back to him also. I had a friend who lived in Maryland. Her grandfather bought some land from Simon Kenton. She had the deed framed as it has Simon's signature.

"The Frontiersmen" is such a good read that I got in trouble with Sherry because I would not put it down to do my chores!
Bert - Funny you ask. Maysville was originally dubbed Limestone. By who? A great-great-great (etc.) uncle of mine named John Hedges whose brother Joseph founded our family line in Kentucky soon after this. We get brief mention in Eckert's other book, Dark and Bloody River, which I also recommend.

Here's an exhibit in the museum in Maysville - interesting little place - which documents the founding of Limestone.

Morning folks. We are getting a early start on the heat today; 85.5°F and sunny on our way to 95°. It is supposed to cool off this weekend and then high 90's and 100's next week.

I am going to wait until Saturday to mow.

2pm appointment to have the permanent cap put on my lower 12 year molar. I have had the temp cap for three weeks. Can't wait to get it finished.

Ha, we stopped off at Burger King before we got home. My darling will prepare those another day. I will snap some pics. ;) (They were starting to snap at me again as I sit them in the kitchen sink. My Darling fixed that snap.)

My Darling just cut my hair, I showered and am nursing a Yuengling Black and Tan. My Darling is finally...able to care for herself. She is a good one, way better than I deserve. I always tell her I AM the blessed one...cause.... I AM!!!
I'm contemplating on buying some Mike's Hard Lemonade black cherry for this weekend. It's good thing they only come 6 in a pack though.

I'm contemplating on buying some Mike's Hard Lemonade black cherry for this weekend. It's good thing they only come 6 in a pack though.

That sounds different for sure. I guess I'd try one but like you, it may be good they come in sizes more than I want to spend trying. ;) That does sound like a tempting combination, I like them both (Black Cherry and Lemon) but never "yet" on the hard side.

That sounds different for sure. I guess I'd try one but like you, it may be good they come in sizes more than I want to spend trying. ;) That does sound like a tempting combination, I like them both (Black Cherry and Lemon) but never "yet" on the hard side.
I've tried a few of the others, but that is by far the best one imo. Next you get a chance, you'll have to try one.

Morning Legionnaires!

Weather to top out near 100° today and for the rest of the week. Thank God for retirement and air conditioning.

Will be eating Lobster tonight. Although, BBUK you could send me what you caught yesterday that way you won't be so crabby. 😋

Pictured below: Wife daughter and me 16 years ago this day. We were dropping her off at the Ft. Sill CDC (Child Development Center) before work. That night we celebrated our anniversary at Red Lobster (as we did every year since marriage) and it was my daughters first trip. She ate lobster off of her mothers plate and loved it. So now, she looks forward to our anniversary because that is the only time she gets lobster.

imagejpeg-0.jpg
imagejpeg-0.jpg

Smile Warrior...if you do, it might help you not look like you are about to kill the cameraman.

Every pic you have ever posted that I have seen looks like you were auditioning for Rambo. Did the military tell you never smile?

You are a scary son of a gun haha.

imagejpeg-0.jpg

Smile Warrior...if you do, it might help you not look like you are about to kill the cameraman.

Every pic you have ever posted that I have seen looks like you were auditioning for Rambo. Did the military tell you never smile?

You are a scary son of a gun haha.
That was me smiling. Actually, my wife gave up trying to get me to smile for pictures years ago. My smile is just too fake feeling so, I rarely do it. You have to make a funny first and then catch me off guard. When I walked into my BCT unit for the first time (as I was told later by a black Drill Sergeant) he said to the others, leave that white boy alone, he is mean and there is something wrong with him. Had me laughing when he said that. Since then, they know better.

Last edited:
One of my favorite tv characters. Thought he was the kind of dad I would want in my house. Knew no one would come in and mess with the kids.
My dad was great and I cried like a baby at his funeral when he got the military honors (WW2 vet). One time when I was probably about 9 or 10, I was riding a bicycle down the road and a German Sheperd chased and bit me pretty good. I came home bleeding and crying. He chewed me out and told me to deal with the problem. I got my baseball bat and went back after the dog ranting and raving. All the neighbors came out wondering why the crazy kid was chasing a dog with a bat. I never did catch it. When I got home, they took me to the doc and got my leg sewed up. I guess he was trying to teach me to take care of myself.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and clear. Today's high expected around 100°F. We hit 103°F yesterday. More triple-digits possible.

Busy at office yesterday. Activity really cranked up since co-worker out. Hopefully we're quiet today.

2-seater Cessna crashed into Lady Bird lake yesterday afternoon. Pilot, who is a game warden, survived. He was on a test flight. Paddle-boarder rescued him.

Happy Friday, y'all.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

38b21435e102d16b611798a9adf97b3f.jpg

Good morning folks. Terrible to wake up to the news of Mike Pratt's passing. He played for the Cats in the years I was 12-14, when the love of Kentucky was all consuming. RIP.

I'm waiting for my wife to quit fussing so we can get on the road to Campbell County. A short visit to celebrate Father's Day with my dad. Should be tehre by 3pm, In'Sh'Allah, as we used to say ironically in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I hope it is a good day for all of you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT