ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and clear. Expecting today's high right around 102°F. Maxed out yesterday at 101°F.

New AC installed. Quiet. Cool. Runs great. 68°F = our current temperature inside. Supposed to run unit at 68°F for 24 hours. One of the service techs grew up here in our neighborhood. His father owns an auto body shop near the end of our street. Small world.

Pup stayed in here in the office with me yesterday. She tolerated interior temperatures well when thermometer climbed above 90°F during AC installation.

Happy Friday, y'all.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Iced-Tea-Day.png

Good Morning all,

Thank you all for your well wishes. I am feeling better. Yesterday was rough but I guess it had to get worse to get better. I will still stay doped up today... Time for a cup of coffee and a squid/ Octopus?

10636901_942819682398279_4898506942658501250_o.jpg

That's my BIL. We were in Korea at the time when I took this... A real delicacy but speaking for myself, I've ate'em but I'll stick with an english muffin, bagel, or doughnut with my morning coffee. Heck, an apple will do... ;)

Have a great day!

My Darling and I are planning of flying my BIL and SIL over here to visit in honor of my BIL's retirement. (There first trip. I will do my all to repay the kindness they showed us while we were there.)

Another local dish while we were there in my BIL's and My Darlings home town...

10496027_942812165732364_4092294260442863031_o.jpg

I am getting a good laugh at all of these roach tales. When you live where I do, roaches are as common as birds in the tree. There are several varieties of a cock roach and to me the worst are the small German roaches. We do a good job of keeping them out of the house. The big boys with wings are the palmetto bugs or roaches also known as the Florida woods cockroach. You seldom see one in your home as they prefer palmetto fan palms and cabbage palms. But if you do, don't freak out when they spread their wings and fly into your hair. The chameleons keep the roach population down and become your best friend.

Last night my wife entertained me with her screams over a frog in the house. Now the girl is petrified over a frog and living on a lake means we have them by the thousands. Very few get inside but last night was the exception.

I had gone to be bed and drifted off to sleep. My wife stayed up to read. I was in a deep slumber when she woke me with deadly screams of panic and fear. What the heck? I heard the sound coming from our bathroom where she had gone to wash her hands and face before coming into bed.

The frog was jumping all around her and the more it jump the more fear she had. After fighting a losing battle and screaming the whole time for about 10 minutes, she went into the kitchen and got a pot and a strainer. All the time I stayed in bed, laughing my butt off and enjoying the entertainment this Kentucky girl was giving me. The longer I stayed in bed the madder she got and the louder she screamed. I refused to budge.

This morning I went into the bathroom and there was the pot turned upside down. I lifted the pot and no frog. It had escaped. When she got up she accused me of letting it go and said I would pay for the frog's terrorism. HA This story will continue when Mr. Frog returns again. I will have my popcorn ready. Oh, my mama used salt or vinegar to rid the house of frogs. Just put it down in the area and they will jump back in the lake. But I ain't telling my wife that because this is too much fun.

R.25ee92baac4592e5edbea5dcb043536a

Last edited:
I am getting a good laugh at all of these roach tales. When you live where I do, roaches are as common as birds in the tree. There are several varieties of a coach roach and to me the worst are the small German roaches. We do a good job of keeping them out of the house. The big boys with wings are the palmetto bugs or roaches also known as the Florida woods cockroach. You seldom see one in your home as they prefer palmetto fan palms and cabbage palms. But if you do, don't freak out when they spread their wings and fly into your hair. The chameleons keep the roach population down and become your best friend.

Last night my wife entertained me with her screams over a frog in the house. Now the girl is petrified over a frog and living on a lake means we have them by the thousands. Very few get inside but last night was the exception.

I had gone to be bed and drifted off to sleep. My wife stayed up to read. I was in a deep slumber when she woke me with deadly screams of panic and fear. What the heck? I heard the sound coming from our bathroom where she had gone to wash her hands and face before coming into bed.

The frog was jumping all around her and the more it jump the more fear she had. After fighting a losing battle and screaming the whole time for about 10 minutes, she went into the kitchen and got a pot and a strainer. All the time I stayed in bed, laughing my butt off and enjoying the entertainment this Kentucky girl was giving me. The longer I stayed in bed the madder she got and the louder she screamed. I refused to budge.

This morning I went into the bathroom and there was the pot turned upside down. I lifted the pot and no frog. It had escaped. When she got up she accused me of letting it go and sad I would pay for the frog's terrorism. HA This story will continue when Mr. Frog returns again. I will have my popcorn ready. Oh, my mama used salt or vinegar to rid the house of frogs. Just put it down in the area and they will jump back in the lake. But I ain't telling my wife that because this is too much fun.

Youse a bad man.............Sir!

muhammad-ali-cassius-clay.gif

Good morning folks. It is 60.1°F and partly cloudy on our way to 80°F. As 82 said we are supposed to be hot as Texas come next week.

Forgot to take my garbage out last night, missed the pickup. Dumb and old.

You all have a good Friday.
Thanks for reminding me, today is garbage day here. Our pick ups are Tuesday and Friday.

We had a nice rain storm last night while we were all sleeping. Currently it is 78° and our high will be 82° with a 42% chance of rain. The humidity is 87% and winds coming off the Gulf at 9mph. Nice breeze to cut into the humidity.

I trust all have a good Friday and the start of the weekend.

Thanks for reminding me, today is garbage day here. Our pick ups are Tuesday and Friday.

We had a nice rain storm last night while we were all sleeping. Currently it is 78° and our high will be 82° with a 42% chance of rain. The humidity is 87% and winds coming off the Gulf at 9mph. Nice breeze to cut into the humidity.

I trust all have a good Friday and the start of the weekend.

Small world Sir, out garbage is picked up the same days. My Darling is serious about it and would but knows how I don't want her to touch the garbage so all My Darling does is say, "I'm going to take out the garbage." (But I normally have it out already.)

The truth is out now on BBUK.... there is a food I despise more than gizzards.. This is called Soon dae... I'd eat gizzards as opposed to this ten times out of ten times... My darling loves this.....

1507533_843985995614982_1481629713687522996_o.jpg

Near translation........... Blood Sausage...

My Ole Guard Dog while we were in SA. I visited the GD as he is laid to rest in our back yard in SC. That dog had it made and made the house. He snored like a grown man and he was in this shot... Just out of it...

904171_734066866606896_999155865_o.jpg

I'll stop now, just reviewing some pics.

My Ole Guard Dog while we were in SA. I visited the GD as he is laid to rest in our back yard in SC. That dog had it made and made the house. He snored like a grown man and he was in this shot... Just out of it...

904171_734066866606896_999155865_o.jpg

I'll stop now, just reviewing some pics.
Love your photos BBUK. Here is an aerial shot at my favorite seafood restaurant on Hudson Beach. Taken as the sun is disappearing in the West

285590312_518224300003574_6229299233595754178_n.jpg

Going to take the time to post once more, (I will post again too Lord willing.). I just came across this... (Kind of long, apologies in advance...)

Let me preface the below video to state I personally knew this man. I was a government civilian with this man at Fort Gordon before My Darling and I went to Korea. I spent untold time with this man as he was divorced and I was away from my family at the time as My Darling stayed in SA along with my youngest who was finishing High School.

This guy was as liberal is you get but he was a man. I cannot tell you the times I had with this man at work and after hours as I had the pleasure of spending untold times, walking, running, exercising, eating, and yes, fighting with this man concerning politics and other areas where we ran contrary. We bickered constantly but were always respectful towards each other. He even called me a fat ass once in front of several people and those same people thought we were going to come to blows but Willie and I knew each other as well as could be expected since we only knew each other about 14 or 15 months but we hit it off nearly immediately.

I was in a training class one Monday morning on post and got a phone call that Willie had passed away. Some soldiers did a wellness check as he didn't show up for work that morning. He was all things apple and they found him at his desk slumped over it with his cell phone in his hand.

We were bickering about a fitness class he was going to start up again and I would not commit to it as the last one was nine weeks long that we did at work before work.

I told him I wasn't going to commit to the class and then later that day, I think it was a Saturday evening, I text him but he didn't text me back. I figured he was stewed that I didn't commit to his class but I figured I'd just slap him in the back of his head when I "would" see him Monday afternoon....

I was at his funeral later that week...

I lost a good friend but it was an honor knowing him.... Willie Bido... (Ret. 1SG)

I am getting a good laugh at all of these roach tales. When you live where I do, roaches are as common as birds in the tree. There are several varieties of a coach roach and to me the worst are the small German roaches. We do a good job of keeping them out of the house. The big boys with wings are the palmetto bugs or roaches also known as the Florida woods cockroach. You seldom see one in your home as they prefer palmetto fan palms and cabbage palms. But if you do, don't freak out when they spread their wings and fly into your hair. The chameleons keep the roach population down and become your best friend.

This morning I went into the bathroom and there was the pot turned upside down. I lifted the pot and no frog. It had escaped. When she got up she accused me of letting it go and said I would pay for the frog's terrorism. HA This story will continue when Mr. Frog returns again. I will have my popcorn ready. Oh, my mama used salt or vinegar to rid the house of frogs. Just put it down in the area and they will jump back in the lake. But I ain't telling my wife that because this is too much fun.

Handsome. Below is Barvarius. A controlled substance. Colorado River toads now require protection as they are a favorite for individuals disposed to toad licking.
Balvarius4.jpg

This is called Soon dae.
Natural selection

Book links to free download

Howdy! How y'all doin? Got a late start on the scores today and I had too many people come and talk to me while I was trying to do math. I only took home 10 dollars this week. Since I spent 20 to play...loser.

It's drizzling rain here at the moment and the temp has dropped to 63°. Supposed to play glow ball tonight. Looks like it might be a cool one.

My thighs, hips, knees, and ankles were all hurting this morning when I woke up. I thought all that roof work would take a toll.

I just come back inside to take a breather. We had a hard rain over night and again this morning and left a heavy blanket of humidity that makes working outside a challenge for an old boy like me. But I have been working off and on hard since 9:00 this morning.

I will take a break and go back out and spread two bags of red mulch around the flower beds. Then call it a day and take a dip. Sweat Boy Sweat

A good one:
285715034_753007722402210_3513901096562501216_n.jpg

"Lexington Common, April 19, 1775" painting by Don Troiani​

waskmW9duOBiGLat4A2h.jpg

I'm partial to this Troiani print.​

Mantz's Rifle Company of Frederick, MD. Flying Camp 1776​

S8wQv7CJzQmcQU7br8lR.jpg

I envision this is very similar to the dress of my Maryland continental forefathers serving with Washingtons original "Old Line"
Linky.

I am getting a good laugh at all of these roach tales. When you live where I do, roaches are as common as birds in the tree. There are several varieties of a cock roach and to me the worst are the small German roaches. We do a good job of keeping them out of the house. The big boys with wings are the palmetto bugs or roaches also known as the Florida woods cockroach. You seldom see one in your home as they prefer palmetto fan palms and cabbage palms. But if you do, don't freak out when they spread their wings and fly into your hair. The chameleons keep the roach population down and become your best friend.

Have never seen a roach in our house here but plenty of frogs around the house during the rainy season. Counted about 15 or more last night as I was walking around the house looking for our 3rd cat that had not come in by 2200 (all three usually do) and there was a heavy storm coming in. I Like the frogs; they eat a lot of the bugs around here especially the crickets. We have a lot of those. We have had some carpet beetles this year and used some diatomaceous earth to help get rid of them. So far so good.

That's double what it used to be. I'll say this, nothing beats a good chunk roast on Sunday. Grab a bag of McCormick's seasoning and it's even better. I think I could just eat the potatoes this way.

The best crockpot meat. I smoke it too when I don't feel like spending all day and night cooking a whole brisket. Wonderful pulled beef sandwiches.

The best crockpot meat. I smoke it too when I don't feel like spending all day and night cooking a whole brisket. Wonderful pulled beef sandwiches.
You got that right. Brisket is good, but it's not better than some other cuts of beef. Now that'it's up there with chuck on price, it should be your last choice for pulled beef. Liberals have done killed brisket!

It was fun when you could spend $10 and have 5 pounds of good meat. Now you have to spend$40 to have 5 pounds of good meat. Same with ribs.

America was too easy. It was too easy to get by in America by doing the bare minimum.

People suck.

Got to play for free tonight. Perks. Won $50.

Apparently, the weekly game that I run, and score, and tolerate feedback on, gives me employee status for such events. When I couple that with the fact that I can have a hotdog or brat whenever I want, the golf course is a better deal than being at home. Too bad golf is a fad. It will never last.

Good Saturday Morning D Leaguers

Trust all are well and slept good overnight. Looking forward to today as I will be taking my wife to the Michaelangelo Sistine Chapel Exhibition in Tampa. She is an art lover and is excited about going. Years ago she worked at the University of Kentucky Art Museum and became very knowledgeable of the masterpieces. She has tried to rub that onto me and I am warming up to it somewhat. So today I hope to learn something.

We have a nice day today with a current temperature of 74° and our high will be 82°. Our nice breeze should continue with winds steady at 11mph. Yesterday we had winds from 10 to 24 mph all day and I see down South of us they had winds of 50mph. We call it the Gulf Breeze. Pleasant.

Take care all.

info2-tampa.88a20b9c.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT