ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 77°F and sunny. High pressure heat dome still in effect. Today's high expected around 104°F. Records may fall over the next few days.

Watched some NBA Finals last night. Bah!

Co-workers holding a get-together. Plan on leaving here at 12:30 pm. Pizza and cold drinks. Since I'm driving, I'll not drink. May stop Rudy's BBQ afterwards for wife.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Corn-on-the-Cob-Day.png

I've got some more catching up to do on here but for I'm headed to the lake...to mow grass :mad: and hopefully get some time in the water. Hoping for some clear skies tonight so I can pull the scope out for some viewing of the skies. Be safe everybody! For those in KY, enjoy today and tomorrow because the forecast looks like HOT and NASTY next week. 100 on WED? What the heck!

Last edited:
Blast from the past. President Reagan wearing sweatpants while talking to staff aboard Air Force One on a trip to Iowa. 9/20/84.

FUxBZG-UYAA-_ze
Good morning D-League. Love the photo, Austin. In my day dreams America finds another Reagan. Never got to fly AF-1 when Reagan was president. My first trips were when Bush 1 had the job, then lots of times when Clinton was in office. My last trip, I think, was the election eve-election day trip when Bush 2 was re-elected in 2004. It could be a lot of work for a journalist but it never got old.

Gloomy and rainy in the east. Back from a long walk and planning a niec lunch at a favorite italian restaurant with my wife and son and possibly our daughter if she feels like it. I hope it is a good day for all of you.

I've got some more catching up to do on here but for I'm headed to the lake...to mow grass :mad: and hopefully get some time in the water. Hoping for some clear skies tonight so I can pull the scope out for some viewing of the skies. Be safe everybody! For those in KY, enjoy today and tomorrow because the forecast looks like HOT and NASTY next week. 100 on WED? What the heck!
It is Austin's fault. He has been cooking it up for a week and he is sending toward us. :mad:

It is 71.9°F here on our way to a humid 83°. My kids are coming in to spend the night. We a goin' to cook some steaks, drink some beer, whisky, rye, gin and some margaritas. I always stick with whisky straight up but I do love rye straight up.

I am not looking forward to the high 90's mid week. I plan on mowing Sunday afternoon and avoid being out.

I'm just sitting here minding my own business and I get a phone call from the golf course. "hey Bob, did you forget the club championship is today"? I'm going up there in about an hour to give it a shot.

I no longer have a chance to win the club championship, but I can still win the senior division.

I am so sore.

Fishing report:

Many strikes with 9 hooks and 6 landed. All returned to water like last week. Largest today around 3lbs. Had a storyline "one that got away" story today. Thought I had a snag until it started pulling back on the line. Fought it for about 30 seconds or so until it got off. One of the other ones that got off jumped out of the water as it spit out the hook.

Bald is my new go to pond but so far, no lunkers as some people have said. The one that got away might have been one though. Still had a good time as it is better to catch smaller ones than to be blanked as I was early on this season.

I didn't get to play horse racing today because of that stupid golf tournament. How did I do? I parred the back 9. Woohoo! I was 10 over on the front though. Golf, she's a cruel mistress.

Saving grace for the day was a 21 year old hottie wanted to play with me today. Her boyfriend played today as well but she said she'd rather play with us. I don't give her tips. She plays golf for Transy and has access to good coaches. We maintain a pretty relaxed atmosphere compared to the young, competitive guys.

Course was set up hard today and I'm only 6 strokes off the lead for the senior division. It will be harder and faster tomorrow. I don't have a huge chance, but I'm saying there's a chance.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 77°F and clear. Today's high expected around 105°F. National Weather Service issued an excessive heat warning for today. We hit 104°F yesterday. It's not officially summer yet.

Also yesterday: had a great time with colleagues at a pool party. We might get together again July 15 or July 22 after I return from KY.

UK Track and Field kicked ass yesterday. Women placed #3 in the country. Go Cats!

Going for a walk in a few. Usual Sunday activities planned.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

ghows-LA-2f099821-965b-4e76-a490-8112f3c0b852-50c9329f.png

Good Sunday Morning,

We have a temperature of 72° at my house with a high forecast of 85°. A few clouds and rain chances of 31% in the afternoon. I was in Tampa yesterday and they had a cloud buster, gully washer rain storm typical of this time of year. And the sun was shining. We did not get it up here but I am hoping it will hit us soon. You never know because it can be raining on one side of the street and dry on the other.

We call such an occurrence "the Devil Is Beating His Wife" I trust all have a good day.

3445373134_25fa7d1f15.jpg

Some of you post about music quite a bit. This place no longer exists, but it was big in the late sixties and early seventies. I never went because I was in the military at that time and am not a huge music fan anyhow. It's a bit of a long read, but was an interesting read to me. It was in far western Ky.

Some of you post about music quite a bit. This place no longer exists, but it was big in the late sixties and early seventies. I never went because I was in the military at that time and am not a huge music fan anyhow. It's a bit of a long read, but was an interesting read to me. It was in far western Ky.

That was a great, great read. Thanks for posting. The guests were Hall of Fame quality and some of the top country stars of all time. What a place

Hello all,
I hope your day is going great. My BB is at the emergency room getting the remnants of the splinter under his big toe removed. My Darling went with my daughter and the BB. He's tough as nails but the size of this wedge of wood hurt me just looking at it.

All will be okay but it sure hurts. I'd have took that myself to take the hurt away.

Last edited:
It is a hot day in South Central Kentucky it is now 89.1°F, the high is supposed to be 89°, but about an hour ago it was 91°F. Inaccura-weather is rarely correct.

I had great company last night. My son and daughter were here along with my daughter in law and son in law. Plus my cousin (closest thing I have to a brother) were here and we drank, ate, listened to music and date stamped a lot of the old songs; plus we laughed for hours. Great times.

Times like that have to be organic. You can't plan stuff like that.

Wonderful day. My kids are back home safe.

Hello,

The BB had to get both his feet numbed to take out splinters in various toes. My Darling stated it took five people to hold my three year old grandson down. I did just hear him in the background at the emergency room and he was laughing so all seems good now. I know he will hurt in a couple hours and probably a few days but...

Ole Papa should feel as well but I still hurt for him, deeply.

Last edited:
Hey all you non golfing bitches. I shot at 71 today. Also found out this morning that I played the ball down all the way around yesterday, but I didn't have to. I saw some low scores yesterday and all those guys were rolling the ball.

My 71 today was the lowest score of anyone. Too little, too late.

It is a hot day in South Central Kentucky it is now 89.1°F, the high is supposed to be 89°, but about an hour ago it was 91°F. Inaccura-weather is rarely correct.

I had great company last night. My son and daughter were here along with my daughter in law and son in law. Plus my cousin (closest thing I have to a brother) were here and we drank, ate, listened to music and date stamped a lot of the old songs; plus we laughed for hours. Great times.

Times like that have to be organic. You can't plan stuff like that.

Wonderful day. My kids are back home safe.
I may as well have been there. That's exactly what WE do. If you want to Bert, I'll come there and we can drink KoolAid for the day and night. My proof that I like you for you and not the plethora of bourbon.

Ha Ha, good joke. There will be bourbon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT