ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Best I recall, guys who couldn't pass the physical part joined the fat boys club for some extra work. I don't know what it consisted of, but a few from our group had to join.
As the trainees went through basic and we tested them, if they failed a test, we would write in BIG BOLD LETTERS "BOLO" . This would be put on the front of their helmet liner. They would be moved to the BOLO PLATOON.

Today I am sure it would be considered offensive to a sensitive trainee to humiliate them in this manner.

$4.99 here. The guy working the backhoe for our sewer reroute said he paid $6.36 on Nolin Lake. Didn't realize gas on the lake was that much more expensive.
We are about 25 cents cheaper but pushing hard to $5.00. People need to realize the cost of gasoline is just part of the problem in our economy. It drives up costs for everything we buy and do.

For example the service industry. I have a pool boy who has added $10.00 to his monthly bill to pay for gas. Same with my lawn boy. Ten more dollars a month to pay for Biden's gas hike. There is no end to it.

We are about 25 cents cheaper but pushing hard to $5.00. People need to realize the cost of gasoline is just part of the problem in our economy. It drives up costs for everything we buy and do.

For example the service industry. I have a pool boy who has added $10.00 to his monthly bill to pay for gas. Same with my lawn boy. Ten more dollars a month to pay for Biden's gas hike. There is no end to it.
Supply chain is also a big problem. The electrician that installed a new GFCI outlet for my sump pump said he was 9 months out for some parts. I didn't ask what those parts were but it is obviously creating headaches for quoting purposes. He said if you have any major projects do it now.

As the trainees went through basic and we tested them, if they failed a test, we would write in BIG BOLD LETTERS "BOLO" . This would be put on the front of their helmet liner. They would be moved to the BOLO PLATOON.

Today I am sure it would be considered offensive to a sensitive trainee to humiliate them in this manner.
It would not be allowed. When they fail today if they get moved to another unit while theirs graduate, they call it new start instead of recycle. Recycle was too degrading.

Last edited:
My Supper last night. That is a fermented soy bean soup. My Darling did the fermenting. Garlic, spinach, cabbage, peppers, tofu, and pork. (Goodly amounts of pork.) Just a really feel good soup. Very satisfying...

I poured mine over rice and ate it that way...

284973303_5724313604248839_7468333153023943171_n.jpg

That is a ceramic bowl....

Chemicals and petroleum were my bailiwick the last 20 years of my CSX career. I think I know quite a bit about the market. My conclusion is that Joe Biden’s administration has taken a direct aim at the petroleum industry, and the petroleum industry, basically, extrapolates into the chemical industry as so much of the base stock in the chemical industry comes from the gas and oil industry.

The first attack on the oil and gas industry was the creation of the EPA. The EPA was given too much power to attack the industry. Same way with the coal industry. The US Congress is a lazy group that can’t get along, so they create these agencies that the President can assign the running to his henchmen. They come in and take a club to specific industries if they don’t like them. A perfect example of overreach is the declaration that carbon dioxide is a pollutant. Just google it and you get a lecture on the green new deal. They do not want you to know that plants depend on carbon dioxide to live. You only get the one side.

For the last 50 years the U.S. has not allowed building new refineries in the U.S. So, the concept is not new, but the Biden administration has arbitrarily vowed to destroy an industry. So, until something changes politically it will get worse and worse and the green new deal guys will cheer it on. The biggest problem is that at the moment we do not have a substitute for oil and gas. What will we make lubricants and plastic and many fabrics et.al out of?

Chemicals and petroleum were my bailiwick the last 20 years of my CSX career. I think I know quite a bit about the market. My conclusion is that Joe Biden’s administration has taken a direct aim at the petroleum industry, and the petroleum industry, basically, extrapolates into the chemical industry as so much of the base stock in the chemical industry comes from the gas and oil industry.

The first attack on the oil and gas industry was the creation of the EPA. The EPA was given too much power to attack the industry. Same way with the coal industry. The US Congress is a lazy group that can’t get along, so they create these agencies that the President can assign the running to his henchmen. They come in and take a club to specific industries if they don’t like them. A perfect example of overreach is the declaration that carbon dioxide is a pollutant. Just google it and you get a lecture on the green new deal. They do not want you to know that plants depend on carbon dioxide to live. You only get the one side.

For the last 50 years the U.S. has not allowed building new refineries in the U.S. So, the concept is not new, but the Biden administration has arbitrarily vowed to destroy an industry. So, until something changes politically it will get worse and worse and the green new deal guys will cheer it on. The biggest problem is that at the moment we do not have a substitute for oil and gas. What will we make lubricants and plastic and many fabrics et.al out of?
It is all by design. And Biden will get before the camera and insist it is beyond his control and Putin is raising the prices. And simpletons listen and believe. Meanwhile our way of life is being detroyed

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teStZqRGjzzZxsaIGvVBkbyc5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

I'm updating my electrical panel before prices go up any further. Something I should have done 10-15 years ago.
Right after Thanksgiving we decided to remodel two of our bathrooms. We got the estimate and was told it would be months before they could start. So we said no problem, Christmas is coming and we don't want our torn up with a remodel during Christmas. I called back after the New Year and the price for material had risen about 30%. The contractor showed me the prices he was paying and said he really thought they would increase even more.

He said not only prices have increased but even getting material was a huge problem. He told me he doubted he or any contractor in the state could start a job in less than six months. I asked him if I paid an advance for the materials would he order them and put me down on his list. He agreed and now I realize I have saved thousands of dollars.

Keep in mind, not only do the prices increase every aspect of the job increases. O&P and on down the line. It is now June and I still have no idea when he can get started. The tile is still on back order. But I have a firm price and that is a good thing.

It would not be allowed. When they fail today if they get moved to another unit while theirs graduate, they call it new start instead of recycle. Recycle was too degrading.
Speaking of recycling, we had a Private Hibler get sent over to the company I was in (Echo), from Delta to retake some training he had failed. Now keep in mind, we shared the same building with Delta and only had sheetrock dividers in the hallways to separate us.

Anyway, one day someone comes up to that divider wanting to talk to Hibler, so a fellow recruit goes over to see what they needed. The voice on the other side said "Get back and go get Private Hibler" real loud. As that recruit was getting Private Hibler, I walked across the hall to the storage closet to put some things up. The same voice yells " I thought I told you to get away from that divider". Now thinking it was a buddy of that privates, I said F-you. So the voice on the other side responds back with "Who the hell do you think you are", to which I replied "Rambo". They then told me to get to the CQ' s office and wait, which I didn't. 5 seconds later, the front door on my side flies open and you here someone yelling "Where the hell is Rambo"? Now I know this isn't just another private. A few seconds later, a madder than hell, 5-9 Black Drill Sergeant(I'm 6-3) makes into my 8-man room(last in the hall), wanting to know who said it. After a few seconds, I finally raised my hand. I followed him outside, but he said he would let my Drill Sergeant take care of it. So I go back inside and stand by his door, as he was on the phone. After 15 minutes or so, I head to my room, thinking he would come get me when he finished his call(he didn't).

A month or so later, we're out in the field having chow. I get my plate and was walking to my table when a Drill Sergeant says "There goes ol' Rambo" andv then they all starting laughing. I never looked up or cracked a smile.

Moral of the story, look before you speak.

Last edited:
Following up on construction and contractors pricing. This afternoon the contractor who will do my remodeling had an ad on the radio offering a military discount for active military and veterans. This was the first ad I have heard him make and it must be a new program.

I called his office and told the girl I was a veteran and have a contract for some work. I ask her if I qualify since I already have a price agreement. She said of course, just make a copy of your DD214. So knock of 10% . Every penny helps in today's Biden World.

Following up on construction and contractors pricing. This afternoon the contractor who will do my remodeling had an ad on the radio offering a military discount for active military and veterans. This was the first ad I have heard him make and it must be a new program.

I called his office and told the girl I was a veteran and have a contract for some work. I ask her if I qualify since I already have a price agreement. She said of course, just make a copy of your DD214. So knock of 10% . Every penny helps in today's Biden World.
Before I never put it out there that I was a Viet Nam vet. I did nothing special, so I just felt uncomfortable with people thanking me for my service. I mean people died. Lots of people had it worse than me. Getting 10% off at Lowes just didn't feel right, it was like helping cause people to die was being rewarded. All this wokeness has finally changed my mind. i even bought a Viet Nam vet hat with military police on it. Figured I could piss off a few libs for both things. I'll have to be sure I wear it when I wear my Trump shirt. 😁

Another brutal day at the golf course. 82 again today, same as yesterday. Just so happened, it was 82° today and the smartphone said it felt like 88°. My score felt like 88 as well.

I'm not playing tomorrow, have some things to do to prepare for the gutter work next week.

Supposed to get some storms here around 7 or so. We don't seem to have storms here like we used to. Most of the good ones go North or South of us. We still get enough rain I guess, but I'm talking about the big badass storm that used to roll through with nearly continuous lightening and deafening thunder. I'm a big fan of the Earth and all its processes. It was here long before us. It will be here just as long when we're gone. Love it when Earth puts on a show.

It's cute that people feel they need to save the planet. It's silly to think anything we do actually harms the planet and keeps it from functioning as it wants to function.

We can do things that make it hard on us or most animals to live on the planet. But we could never do anything to this planet to keep it from planeting on.

Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care? About time? If so I can't imagine why.

Another brutal day at the golf course. 82 again today, same as yesterday. Just so happened, it was 82° today and the smartphone said it felt like 88°. My score felt like 88 as well.

I'm not playing tomorrow, have some things to do to prepare for the gutter work next week.

Supposed to get some storms here around 7 or so. We don't seem to have storms here like we used to. Most of the good ones go North or South of us. We still get enough rain I guess, but I'm talking about the big badass storm that used to roll through with nearly continuous lightening and deafening thunder. I'm a big fan of the Earth and all its processes. It was here long before us. It will be here just as long when we're gone. Love it when Earth puts on a show.

It's cute that people feel they need to save the planet. It's silly to think anything we do actually harms the planet and keeps it from functioning as it wants to function.

We can do things that make it hard on us or most animals to live on the planet. But we could never do anything to this planet to keep it from planeting on.

Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care? About time? If so I can't imagine why.
I knew this guy back when the song was popular. He never said, what time is it? He always said, what time it is?

I'd drink too but I am too sick to fathom it. May help me but I am still doped up so I better not... Drink another for me. ;)

I knew this guy back when the song was popular. He never said, what time is it? He always said, what time it is?
I say that! Where he is? Who he be?
I'd drink too but I am too sick to fathom it. May help me but I am still doped up so I better not... Drink another for me. ;)
Which part of that post suggested I was drinking?

Here is what I was talking about in the past about my medical experiences with the army med staff. Because I am turning 65 on the first of August, I received my packages in the mail from the SS office informing me I had to choose a plan with Medicare and if I did not, they would automatically enroll me in parts A, and B. OK I let them choose. Next, I get a package from RACH (Reynolds Army Community Hospital) which I had to use after retiring from the military because it was cheaper for TRICARE for me to use. Now that I am eligible for Medicare, they say I have to use a doctor off post (gladly). In their packet they give me a timeline for preparing to change my status for the move. First, I must get a copy of my medical records for my new doctor so, I go there today and ask for a copy. The receptionist says: "Fill out this form and leave us a phone number and address where we can send them to you when we have them ready". I ask: "Can't I just pick them up here? I don't want them sent through the mail". She says: "You would have to pick them up the day we called" I said: "I am not going anywhere so, OK."

Next, I go to the records section of Ft. Sill (as instructed) and wait in line to see one of the records clerks and when they see me, they want two forms of ID even though they know me personally (by name) because I used to work in the same building and talk with them every day for years. After that they tell me that I now have an appointment to see a clerk on Monday the 13th to change my DEERS (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System) from Tricare Prime to Tricare for Life. That generally is free unless you have other people under 65 in the house who are on Tricare. Both wife and daughter are so, payments won't change (what's the point). Now for me, Tricare becomes secondary and Medicare primary. When that appointment is finished, they will make me another appointment to come back and make a new ID card to reflect my new status at the very same station.

Won't go into the other things I need do; it would take too long.

Gubament efficiency on display.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and cloudy. High today expected around 102°F. Triple-digit heat continues and summer has not officially begun. Go figure.

Received first central heat and AC bid yesterday from Sears Home services. $12,600. Three more bids expected. Price is not surprising.

Pup's liver enzyme's are a little high. Picking her up some pills soon. Hope she's with us for a little while longer.

24th wedding anniversary today.

Happy Hump Day.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

June%2B8%2BHoliday.jpg
Happy Anniversary!!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and cloudy. High today expected around 102°F. Triple-digit heat continues and summer has not officially begun. Go figure.

Received first central heat and AC bid yesterday from Sears Home services. $12,600. Three more bids expected. Price is not surprising.

Pup's liver enzyme's are a little high. Picking her up some pills soon. Hope she's with us for a little while longer.

24th wedding anniversary today.

Happy Hump Day.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

June%2B8%2BHoliday.jpg
Happy wedding anniversary.

anniversary-1.gif

Well, a couple things. It's how I'd type if I was drinking, you typed it all in one breath, two at the most.
I type fast.

If I had to come back to earth I'd be blessed to be their puppy.
When I read this I stopped and thought for a bit. I don't know if there is any better compliment a man can give.
Isn't mandatory during golf excursions?
I had 2 beers on the course but that was 3 hours before I posted.
I got some quotes for updating my electrical panel so I AM drinking. Really wasn't as bad as I thought. Expensive but long overdue.
Not the same as your electrical job, but currently the work load has amped up for me on the gutter job. Tomorrow I'll be alternating between removing an extending awning and standing directly on top of the porch on corrugated steel to clean off some limbs. Oak trees generate a lot of limbs.

Here is what I was talking about in the past about my medical experiences with the army med staff. Because I am turning 65 on the first of August, I received my packages in the mail from the SS office informing me I had to choose a plan with Medicare and if I did not, they would automatically enroll me in parts A, and B. OK I let them choose. Next, I get a package from RACH (Reynolds Army Community Hospital) which I had to use after retiring from the military because it was cheaper for TRICARE for me to use. Now that I am eligible for Medicare, they say I have to use a doctor off post (gladly). In their packet they give me a timeline for preparing to change my status for the move. First, I must get a copy of my medical records for my new doctor so, I go there today and ask for a copy. The receptionist says: "Fill out this form and leave us a phone number and address where we can send them to you when we have them ready". I ask: "Can't I just pick them up here? I don't want them sent through the mail". She says: "You would have to pick them up the day we called" I said: "I am not going anywhere so, OK."

Next, I go to the records section of Ft. Sill (as instructed) and wait in line to see one of the records clerks and when they see me, they want two forms of ID even though they know me personally (by name) because I used to work in the same building and talk with them every day for years. After that they tell me that I now have an appointment to see a clerk on Monday the 13th to change my DEERS (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System) from Tricare Prime to Tricare for Life. That generally is free unless you have other people under 65 in the house who are on Tricare. Both wife and daughter are so, payments won't change (what's the point). Now for me, Tricare becomes secondary and Medicare primary. When that appointment is finished, they will make me another appointment to come back and make a new ID card to reflect my new status at the very same station.

Won't go into the other things I need do; it would take too long.

Gubament efficiency on display.

I just went on a tangent with my leadership. (I thought I was professional, even though I was hacking and coughing.))

How in the world can newer technology cause longer lag times for service. The only reason is the miss-application and miss-structuring of technology.

There almost has to be ulterior motives. Let that sink in...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT