ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Why the rash of mass shootings? Are they truly unrelated? Is it possible that brainwashed leftys are attempting to bring about gun control with these attacks? Pay no attention, just trying to rationalize the irrational.​
Scarcity of resources (hunger) result in societal breakdown and mob behavior tends to digress to its lowest levels where the biggest, baddest dude is king for about a minute in chaotic brawls. Primates like most animals, love to play follow the leader in pursuit of that worm. It's 1st or fight.​
giphy.gif

Even if you don't jump in, the stampede of stupidity can sweep you.
A16QNo.gif
LiveCaringBasilisk-size_restricted.gif
y14hyV.gif
BriskDismalAfricanjacana-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
@bertfan31

In the distance of this photo you may recognize the Crystal River Nuclear facility. It is decommissioned but I sure wish they would crank it back up. Nuclear Power could cure a lot of America's ills. If only people would wake up. Our gas prices are $4.73 around here and climbing to $5.00 you can bet your life on that.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teRJtvWZc_QMzVRAFc5-7XobrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A
Here you can see the Palo Verde Generation Facility. The largest Nuclear plant in the US with 3 units. My understanding is that the site was originally to house 5, so there's room for expansion. Expand this site and sell the power to Californy.
Palo-Verde-Generating-Station.jpg

They were talking about D-Day on the radio today and what the troops had to face at Normandy. Then they got around to talking about today's 18-19 year olds and how they act tough on social media but that they wouldn't have shown up to fight the Nazis. This is why that generation is known as the greatest generation.

They were talking about D-Day on the radio today and what the troops had to face at Normandy. Then they got around to talking about today's 18-19 year olds and how they act tough on social media but that they wouldn't have shown up to fight the Nazis. This is why that generation is known as the greatest generation.
My dad fought in Italy. He brought back a WW2 German rifle. Actually it was used in WW1 and by 2, they gave them to the railroad police. Being a KY farmboy, he was a good hunter. All the guys liked him because he used it to supply them a lot of meat from what he called King Mussolina's deer.

My dad fought in Italy. He brought back a WW2 German rifle. Actually it was used in WW1 and by 2, they gave them to the railroad police. Being a KY farmboy, he was a good hunter. All the guys liked him because he used it to supply them a lot of meat from what he called King Mussolina's deer.
One of my most prized pistols in my collection is the jewel captured in WWII. It has the Nazi Colonel's name and address inside the holster. The pistol has matching serial numbers with the clip and I have the special orders authorizing the soldier to bring it home.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teSrKOJ95leOPIg4vphdFXBfUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

I heard that story. What part of Kentucky are we speaking?

Just back from a 2.5 mile hike in this 100°F degree heat.

Notes:

- Passed a guy lighting a crack pipe at North Park Shopping Center. Just kept walking.

- Passed a cute brunette -- for this area -- walking shoeless on hot sidewalk pushing a child's bicycle. Near Valero not far from Chuy's. I said, "Ooo. No shoes. Are you okay?". She smiled and said yes. "May I help you?" asked I. "No thanks" said she.

- Found 41 cents. Life is good.

Just back from a 2.5 mile hike in this 100°F degree heat.

Notes:

- Passed a guy lighting a crack pipe at North Park Shopping Center. Just kept walking.

- Passed a cute brunette -- for this area -- walking shoeless on hot sidewalk pushing a child's bicycle. Near Valero not far from Chuy's. I said, "Ooo. No shoes. Are you okay?". She smiled and said yes. "May I help you?" asked I. "No thanks" said she.

- Found 41 cents. Life is good.

In Atlanta, Kentucky, and Florida you can fry eggs on the sidewalks and roads. In SA and Austin you fry steaks. That heat is no joke.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and cloudy. High today may hit 102°F. Yesterday, we tied a record high set in 2011 at 103°F. This summer reminds me of 2011, but longer and hotter.

Wife freaking out about air conditioning. Our current system is 110-120v/gas. She's taking 4 bids for a new heat and AC unit. First vendor comes over this afternoon. Stay tuned.

Couple co-workers out today. Hope we're not too busy. Call with Microsoft at 11 am.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

089bd0dd4ee6893569ca00024faae5c5.jpg

No doubt that was a great generation worthy of our eternal respect.

But I was around a lot of young soldiers and Marines in Iraq and Afghanistan who I believe would have stood up to what it takes. And I think my college kid son and some of his buddies who were high school and AAU basketball teammates could show the right stuff if called upon.

Who were those kids who landed on Normandy? Farm boys and factory workers who had no interest in dying in France or even in just enduring army life but who stepped up because they thought it was the right thing to do -- or because of family or societal pressure. Studies have shown that very few members of a combat platoon in WW2 ever even fired a weapon much less behaved like Audie Murphy. They just tried to survive. But enough of them did enough to win the war.

Just my possibly optimistic take. There will always be a few heroes and enough others willing to at least do their duty.

Last edited:

But I was around a lot of young soldiers and Marines in Iraq and Afghanistan who I believe would have stood up to what it takes. And I think my college kid son and some of his buddies who were high school and AAU basketball teammates could show the right stuff if called upon.

Who were those kids who landed on Normandy? Farm kids and factory workers who had no interest in dying in France or even just enduring army life but who stepped up because they thought it was the right thing to do, or because of family or societal pressure or whatever. Studies have shown that very few members of a combat platoon in WW2 ever even fired a weapon much less behaved like Audie Murphy. They just tried to survive. But still enough of them did enough to win the war.

Just my possibly optimistic take. There will always be a few heroes and enough others willing to at least do their duty.

What a subject to wade into... Good points in any event. I don't see the intestinal fortitude from many young people now, or at least they are not showing it in any form. (No specific needs to show much...) I'd hope it could be brought out if needed/ was required. Maybe confronted with loss or life and death may cause the change. I will stop...

Who were those kids who landed on Normandy? Farm kids and factory workers who had no interest in dying in France or even just enduring army life but who stepped up because they thought it was the right thing to do, or because of family or societal pressure or whatever. Studies have shown that very few members of a combat platoon in WW2 ever even fired a weapon much less behaved like Audie Murphy. They just tried to survive. But still enough of them did enough to win the war.

Actually, pretty spot on. Did some reading about Nam where many soldiers admitted to not taking a bead on the enemy but kept their heads down with their rifles up pointed in the direction of the enemy and just kept their fingers on the trigger until out of bullets then, reloaded. Also saw some footage where units saturated the jungle with bullets where they thought the enemy was or where they saw some movement.

What a subject to wade into... Good points in any event. I don't see the intestinal fortitude from many young people now, or at least they are not showing it in any form. (No specific needs to show much...) I'd hope it could be brought out if needed/ was required. Maybe confronted with loss or life and death may cause the change. I will stop...
I totally disagree. My son spent 20 in the army (an Iraqi vet), he answered the call. The guys in Iraq and Afhgan answered the call in spades. Plus they were not drafted.

I have faith in Americans.

I totally disagree. My son spent 20 in the army (an Iraqi vet), he answered the call. The guys in Iraq and Afhgan answered the call in spades. Plus they were not drafted.

I think I agreed Sir. A 20 year Army and Iraq vet is not today's young person.

I just desire that today's young people acted the part and portrayed the virtuous manly art of being a man more versus deferring. (May be hollywood portrayal but since I don't watch many movies now if any I cannot use that as an excuse for what I stated.) What I stated, I have seen. (Words mean things. I posted my words carefully.)

Also to caveat today's military. (I saw the pay stub (LES) of an E-7 with 14 years service just yesterday. It equated to 99k ANNUALLY. No way can that not be construed as a competitive job in today's economy.

A whole lot different than what I ever made annually in the military. Need to compare apples to apples in today's terms. Yep it is an all volunteer force but the compensation has sure changed too.

Edit:

To give credence to what I stated in this post. This is a two week LES and to also magnify the BAH is tax free.

285465143_5721341701212696_6229890048516090730_n.jpg

Last edited:
It is 72.7°F here and overcast. I had no internet yesterday. I reported it, spent 30 minutes on the phone with a tech unplugging the equipment and nothing worked. Then last night we had a large electric storm, lights went out for 50 minutes got 3.3 inches of rain. Low and behold this morning the modem is working. Go figure.

Paid $4.439 for gas at Sam's club. Lets go Brandon.

Actually, pretty spot on. Did some reading about Nam where many soldiers admitted to not taking a bead on the enemy but kept their heads down with their rifles up pointed in the direction of the enemy and just kept their fingers on the trigger until out of bullets then, reloaded. Also saw some footage where units saturated the jungle with bullets where they thought the enemy was or where they saw some movement.
At some bases I was at (depending mainly on how likely we were to have an attack), we had what they called "harassment and interdiction". At random throughout the night, towers were called and told 5,000 or 10,000 rounds h and I with an M-60. You were supposed to spray the area in front of your post. You'd go through a lot of rounds in a night, but I suppose it made charlie think about, "are they going to start firing where I'm sneaking in?"

I think I agreed Sir. A 20 year Army and Iraq vet is not today's young person.

I just desire that today's young people acted the part and portrayed the virtuous manly art of being a man more versus deferring. (May be hollywood portrayal but since I don't watch many movies now if any I cannot use that as an excuse for what I stated.) What I stated, I have seen. (Words mean things. I posted my words carefully.)

Also to caveat today's military. (I saw the pay stub (LES) of an E-7 with 14 years service just yesterday. It equated to 99k ANNUALLY. No way can that not be construed as a competitive job in today's economy.

A whole lot different than what I ever made annually in the military. Need to compare apples to apples in today's terms. Yep it is an all volunteer force but the compensation has sure changed too.

Edit:

To give credence to what I stated in this post. This is a two week LES and to also magnify the BAH is tax free.

285465143_5721341701212696_6229890048516090730_n.jpg
Holy crap!

I earned ~$30K total annually, including BAQ (BAH) and separate rats, just before retirement. Took a pay cut when starting my new job as a sys admin (28K). Of course our side business and retirement pay helped lots 2001-2003.

I think with the right leadership Americans will fight until the death for freedom. One big problem in America we have now is leadership. We are being led down a path of wokeness that is a threat to democracy and freedom. From the Commanders-In-Chief to those in the chain of command below we have a serious leadership void in our military and government institutions. We have lost sight of the mission and the reason our forefathers established a military.

When my granddaughter accepted an appointment to the Air Force Academy my wife was dead set against it. I mean really dead set and actually upset. With the election of Biden she has no confidence in our current military or nation's leadership. I discussed it with her and told her the young lady had worked her butt off in the classroom and on the athletic field to be in a position to live her dream. She has wanted to be a pilot since a very young girl. She loves to fly and she loves to be in command. Leadership is a strenght she has. I told my wife that Biden and his regime are temporary. Chances are we will have a Commander In Chief someday that our granddaughter will be proud to serve under. If she can keep her nose to the grindstone and out of the weeds of wokeness the Academy preaches she will be just fine. But she deserve a chance for the many hours she dedicated to get the opportunity.

Also pointed out that all of the Universities she was interested in and recieved scholarships from are as WOKE as the Air Force Academy. So no matter where young people go today for an education it is going to hit them in the face. As parents and grandparents we just have to have them prepared to face it and keep the values they were raised on through the love of family and God.

Last edited:
Holy crap!

I earned ~$30K total annually, including BAQ (BAH) and separate rats, just before retirement. Took a pay cut when starting my new job as a sys admin (28K). Of course our side business and retirement pay helped lots 2001-2003.

It has changed. (That is why I verified it with a picture.) I sent my Mom half my salary part of when I was in and took home a little over $200.00. The picture I just posted was an E-7 with 14 years in. Times have changed. I know soldiers are considered 24/7 but even that is suspect now except in times of war.

I haven't even touched the medical and dental aspect. Not a bad salary... PLUS he has the option for retirement matching from the government (TSP)

Last edited:
It has changed. I sent my Mom half my salary part of when I was in and took home a little over $200.00. The picture I just posted was an E-7 with 14 years in. Times have changed. I know soldiers are considered 24/7 but even that is suspect now except in times of war.
I don't recall how much I made, but while in Turkey, they were scared Turkey and Greece were going to war. Those of us in security were told to pack our alert gear in preparation to be in the air in less than one hour. We kept our weapons 24-7 and worked 12 hours on and 12 off without a day off for 3 months. I drew the 6 Pm to 6AM shift. We were zombies by the time it was over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT