ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

2289424.jpg

I have to share this coffee thing.........I went to visit an aquaintence yesterday.........he fixed some coffe for us.......he puts a pinch of sea salt in a pot of coffee.......best cup of black coffee I ever drank.........strong flavor but no edge to it......try it you'll like it..............

Good morning D-League.

Still cold and drizzly in the east.

Happy Mother's Day to all your special mothers and wives.

Red WON - and lost yesterday, and that feels like tremendous progress. A day of less than total failure - what a giant step in the right direction. I still think my steak dinner is secure.

Hope it is a nice day for everyone.

I have to share this coffee thing.........I went to visit an aquaintence yesterday.........he fixed some coffe for us.......he puts a pinch of sea salt in a pot of coffee.......best cup of black coffee I ever drank.........strong flavor but no edge to it......try it you'll like it..............
My mom and dad always did that. I don't, but maybe I will try it tomorrow.

Sunny and 63.0°F on our way to 72°.

I really enjoyed the Derby yesterday basically because I had never seen an 80-1 horse win. I may burn it to a bluray disk so I can watch it again.

The trainer was a Lexington boy who is about as humble as a guy could be. Janice Dean, Fox New weather lady, interviewed him this morning and he was just about as nice as a man can be. A $30,000 horse who get to race two minutes before the cut off and wins it. WOW.

@Sawnee Cat you should report that bastard.

I tried to tell em several years ago about putting salt in the grounds before you brew. Just a sprinkle is all you need to remove bitterness. Salt keeps the taste buds busy that would normally relay bitterness to your brain.
Well I guess I have a few enemies on the political board. You know it is easy to make threats on a message board but this weak person better pray to God they never meet me in person. I will let it go at that.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgflip.com%2F6fbx2q.jpg&hash=543c6e426395f6b4cb2151f8d2456d25
Sounds like LEK who once said he hoped my wife was raped by a group of black guys. This is a perfect example of how racist the left really is. Why did he hope the rapists were black? Simple. Because he thinks being raped by a black man would be much worse than being raped by a white man. It would be somehow "dirtier" in his mind.

I slept until 1132 this morning. I didn't go to sleep until around 0200 though.

Sposed to warm up in these parts for the coming week. Might actually get hot. Looks nice and sunny out there now and a good day to go out and play workshop.

I hear someone mowing grass. They'll hear me later.

Isn't it time for the football season to start?

Well I guess I have a few enemies on the political board. You know it is easy to make threats on a message board but this weak person better pray to God they never meet me in person. I will let it go at that.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgflip.com%2F6fbx2q.jpg&hash=543c6e426395f6b4cb2151f8d2456d25
Damn. So sorry. Looks like that hate is gone. Poster should be gone.

Gassy is a saint versus that (No idea what he did, but can't be that bad.).

Sunny and 63.0°F on our way to 72°.

I really enjoyed the Derby yesterday basically because I had never seen an 80-1 horse win. I may burn it to a bluray disk so I can watch it again.

The trainer was a Lexington boy who is about as humble as a guy could be. Janice Dean, Fox New weather lady, interviewed him this morning and he was just about as nice as a man can be. A $30,000 horse who get to race two minutes before the cut off and wins it. WOW.

@Sawnee Cat you should report that bastard.

Hello Sir, that post is no longer there or it would be reported. I'd sure like to know if the skank posts again. (I know, multiple accounter for sure.)

Edit: That username no longer exists.

Hello Sir, that post is no longer there or it would be reported. I'd sure like to know if the skank posts again. (I know, multiple accounter for sure.)

Edit: That username no longer exists.
Good.

That thug needs to get the shit beat out of him by a bunch of old D-League dudes. We can hit him with our canes, dead pigeons, walkers, metal detectors and let our old dogs bit him.

Man, I hate crap like that.

Several years ago on Cats Illustrated I was attacked by a dude who gave out my street address, phone number, photo et.al. while I was Mayor. After about 5 posts I called in my Chief of police and showed him the posts. He basically was asking folks to stop by and beat me up.

The Chief asked me to email the post to him. I did.

Two hours later the posts were gone because the guy who posted them was given two choices by my Chief of Police when he showed up at his house: pull the posts or go to jail for felony terrorist threats. In Kentucky we have some good laws.

He pulled the posts instantly and now he continues to post likes on my very limited posts on Cats Illustrated!

I did not have to go to a mod, but he happened to live in an area in which my Chief of Police had arrest authority. The dumb ass over stepped his bounds and discovered that he was a little chickenshit thug and his big "internet balls" shrank really quick when faced with an instant trip to Warren County jail, and the cost of an defense attorney loomed in his face.

My chief watched over his shoulder as he removed every damned post.

I see that the other idiot is still posting after putting a laughing emoji on that post. Talk about sad individuals.

Yeah it seems to be a fine line leaning toward posts and membership rather than what is decent and good. That is why you rarely see me post any longer. had it not been for the D-League I'd have long been gone from this site. (Who you are ought to be how you post.) Those fakers are scum in their real lives but they are too chicken to be who they really are in real life so they act it out online. Talk about the scum of the earth...There they post.

Productive day in the workshop. Designed and cut the pieces for the speaker box I'm putting on the golf cart. Still have to cut 2 holes for the rear speakers. I can use the holes in the front to draw them out.

Still have a few questionable aspects, but I'll figure those out when I get there.

I did not mow the grass. I'm hoping it will be there tomorrow.

Man what a Mother's day... Went to a new church (A church my oldest daughter started attending.), had the smoke/ mist thing going, had the music playing where it jarred your heart. (Not the Holy Spirit mind you.) Had it nice and dark in the sanctuary too...

You all know me not to be a prude, I sin regularly but try being mindful of my faults and hide the ones I can to hopefully not cause others to fail...(I don't even think I am hiding from the Lord.)

I always thought that God was the Light of the world, "...come unto me those who are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest..." Why a nearly totally dark sanctuary??? Why the smoke or mist machine? Sorry, I cannot agree to that being biblical. The service scriptures were on the big screen from a passage here and a passage there and so many versions of the bible, I got lost. (Forget the translations) No King James Version (KJV) but a NIV, NLD, LSD PDQ and seriously I counted five versions and stopped. (All within the same sermon.)

I go to worship services now and the "praise" team never seems to sing the same song twice. Who could ever learn the songs to sing along and sing praises together in corporate worship...?

We are able to attend the "traditional" services some times at our church. (It is the early service we sometimes cannot make.)

Very rarely do I ever...and I do not remember a time, I walked into a church and didn't get some semblance of the spirit. (Maybe it's me.) I am in a state of shock to state the least but today, nothing. (Maybe it's me.)

I've been to Billy Graham crusades, been live at Bill Gaither concerts (several), John Hagee (Over four years), Matthew Hagee, Jesse Duplantis, and a host of others, Ray Wilson, Bobby Holbrook, at least a dozens smaller churches, and a host of evangelist services to include revivals among other types of services.

I hit my knees when I got home a brief few minutes ago and echoed that sweet song;

I know whom I have believed in and am persuaded that he is able, to keep that which I've committed, unto him against that day. Keep me in prayer please.

On another note, my daughters decided to take me and my Darling out for supper at an all you can eat joint and I did. I'm always amazed that their invitations usually cost me about $150.00 bucks.... I am thankful.... Bless all the mothers of you on the D-League... (I was able to bless the three mothers in my immediate family.)

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 76°F and cloudy. Humid. Clearing and warming later to 96°F.

Report on local news discussed catalytic convertor thefts in major Texas cities. Last year, Houston had 7,800 catalytic convertor thefts while 2,000 such thefts happened in Dallas. Yikes!

Monday, Monday......

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-BUTTERSCOTCH-BROWNIE-DAY-%E2%80%93-May-9-1-980x490.png

Morning Legionnaires!

Did not hit 100° yesterday, only 99°. Same on tap for today with winds 25-30mph gusting higher during the day.

Couch potato day with a little light reading concerning Medicare since I have to pick a provider here shortly and get a new military retiree ID card in June because of Tricare taking me off Prime and putting me on Tricare for life as a supplemental insurance. Maybe now I can get a doctor who can tell me more than "I don't know what to tell you" when I go in for a pain that I have so, I don't go in unless it is really bothering me and my wife is prodding. Have never had a stress test and the Army facility will not do one unless you come in complaining of chest pains. Want to know where I stand on that.

Good Morning D

Woke up to a very pleasant morning with a nice 59° as we get climb to 86° this afternoon. We will have plenty of sunshine and the air quality is excellent. Thanks to a nice breeze off of the Gulf.

Today will be busy and that is always a good thing. @BBUK. Yesterday about 5:00 PM I got a call from our local Publix butcher. He called me to say the poultry truck had delivered chicken gizzards and chicken livers and he set aside 6 packs for me. I dropped everything and went straight to the store. This is the first delivery of gizzards in months. I am a happy man.

Now to fry these babies up and make a pan of milk gravy and a pot of mashed potatoes. I kinda like it like that. Y'all have a great day.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teRE5YGiY470Ofzr1xHEB0WjrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

Happy Monday D-League. More or less.

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day with someone special in your life.

My mother is in Kentucky but we had a nice long talk and she enjoyed the flowers I sent her.

We had a small dinner party for my wife, her mother and husband, as it was also, coincidentally, my mother-in-law's birthday. It was nice enough, but my MIL is one of those people totally freaked out STILL by COVID so we had to have the gathering on our screened in back porch. It was about 40 degrees here and windy so we were dressed like an Arctic Expedition. Ah well. The lasagna was good if you ate it fast, and we had an excellent cake my wife made.

Another work Monday. Take care folks.

Good Morning D

Woke up to a very pleasant morning with a nice 59° as we get climb to 86° this afternoon. We will have plenty of sunshine and the air quality is excellent. Thanks to a nice breeze off of the Gulf.

Today will be busy and that is always a good thing. @BBUK. Yesterday about 5:00 PM I got a call from our local Publix butcher. He called me to say the poultry truck had delivered chicken gizzards and chicken livers and he set aside 6 packs for me. I dropped everything and went straight to the store. This is the first delivery of gizzards in months. I am a happy man.

Now to fry these babies up and make a pan of milk gravy and a pot of mashed potatoes. I kinda like it like that. Y'all have a great day.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teRE5YGiY470Ofzr1xHEB0WjrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

If loving gizzards is right, I don't wannabe right....... (Or something like that old song...) 😁 (I think by Barbara Mandrell?)

(I asked my Darling if Crabs had gizzards. I got the strangest look...)

Happy Monday D-League. More or less.

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day with someone special in your life.

My mother is in Kentucky but we had a nice long talk and she enjoyed the flowers I sent her.

We had a small dinner party for my wife, her mother and husband, as it was also, coincidentally, my mother-in-law's birthday. It was nice enough, but my MIL is one of those people totally freaked out STILL by COVID so we had to have the gathering on our screened in back porch. It was about 40 degrees here and windy so we were dressed like an Arctic Expedition. Ah well. The lasagna was good if you ate it fast, and we had an excellent cake my wife made.

Another work Monday. Take care folks.
Take some of our heat, I don't need or want it all.

Last edited:
There are dates that we never forget. My parents and I never forgot December 7 and what it stood for. Younger generations have 9/11. But something happened on the day, May 9th in 1980 that I will never forget.

On this day in 1980 I was driving to work listening to the radio when a man interrupted the program and announced the "Sunshine Sky" has been struck by a ship and a span is in Tampa Bay." At first I though it was just another "skyway joke". They were common because ships and boats had struck the bridge before and disc jockeys often said someday it is coming down. If you notice the photo below there were no "bumpers or protection" for the spans in the event a ship got off course. The bridge was not designed properly and it finally happened. So when the Chinese freighter slammed into it, down she came.

The weather was rough that day. High winds, high seas and heavy rain. When I arrived at work a co-worker came in and he was a mess. Shaking all over and looked like he was in shock. He lived in Bradenton and drove over the bridge every day to our office located at 34th St South in St Pete. He saw several cars go over and also the Greyhound Bus. The south bound span was the one hit and there was not any damage to the north bound span. Over 30 people lost their lives that day and the bridge was only open for the one span until the second bridge was constructed. Today what was left of the bridge is now a fishing pier. RIP

280559991_5377892348908850_5369666855184002828_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT