ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

A scout from the Dodger's watched me pitch my last high school game in 1978! He pretty much had to because he was there to see the guy who was pitching against us. He told us the guy was throwing 95-98mph. Said I was bringing it 85-88 and that that wasn't too bad. Ha, after 3 innings of that I was probably throwing about 70 because my arm was gone.

He threw a perfect game on us and showed out for the scout. I struck out 3 times just like everyone else. I fouled off some hard ones to the right and back, but I never caught one square. We did have 1 guy pop up to third. He's the only guy who got a ball in play.

I loved baseball in those days. I was at the first game at Riverfront Stadium. My love for the game waned as time went on, then came the strikes, steroids, political correctness, free agency, designated hitters, ad nauseum...etc. And now I couldn't possibly care less.

That said, I will be attending a ball game in Louisville sometime in the near future. Still can't beat a trip the ballpark.

A scout from the Dodger's watched me pitch my last high school game in 1978! He pretty much had to because he was there to see the guy who was pitching against us. He told us the guy was throwing 95-98mph. Said I was bringing it 85-88 and that that wasn't too bad. Ha, after 3 innings of that I was probably throwing about 70 because my arm was gone.

He threw a perfect game on us and showed out for the scout. I struck out 3 times just like everyone else. I fouled off some hard ones to the right and back, but I never caught one square. We did have 1 guy pop up to third. He's the only guy who got a ball in play.

I loved baseball in those days. I was at the first game at Riverfront Stadium. My love for the game waned as time went on, then came the strikes, steroids, political correctness, free agency, designated hitters, ad nauseum...etc. And now I couldn't possibly care less.

That said, I will be attending a ball game in Louisville sometime in the near future. Still can't beat a trip the ballpark.
I played fast pitch softball while in the military. I was a pretty good hitter back then. Batted third on every team I played on. We had a pitcher who had once beaten The King and His Court. In batting practice, he had to ease up on us for us to do anything. One day he pressed down on us. I couldn't even get a decent foul off him.

932d24514d8e34d1c26cfb8430518a5c.jpg

I loved baseball as a kid. My grandfather had some property in our neighborhood.....he made us a pretty good place to play.....enough kids in my neighborhood to make up 6-8 man teams...........I was the only lefty in the group....never learned to hit left handed........one of the few things that I can't do with both left and right......

I played fast pitch softball while in the military. I was a pretty good hitter back then. Batted third on every team I played on. We had a pitcher who had once beaten The King and His Court. In batting practice, he had to ease up on us for us to do anything. One day he pressed down on us. I couldn't even get a decent foul off him.
Saw King & His Court as a kid vs. a collection of NKy softball stars & semi-pro baseball players. 3-3 game.

In 1949 my uncle pitched (Some?) for the 6th Ward Boosters of Newport that finished 4th in that year's National Championship. Included teams like Clearwater Bombers & Phillips 66 Oilers.

Okay,

I can't tell you as good as I can show you!!! (Yeah, I'm DUMB!!!)

My Darling and I hit the water today crabbing, fishing, and clamming....... Got a few clams later, I didn't bring bait to fish with hoping I'd catch some bait fish, I did but where we were the fish weren't biting.....I caught a couple but not what we wanted so I released them.... NOW....

I packed our cooler with some nice ginger ale and water, just iced down so nicely... So inviting and so cold on a 90+ degree day in direct sunlight most all day...

We was catching crabs right off the bat, some nice ones too. Then it happened!!!!! I've heard of dumb and dumber but just plain DUMB... Here I type......

Man my Darling and I were getting thirsty and ready for a drink break with our nicely and might I add coldly iced down cooler...

Yeah I opened that old cooler top and and I found out how truly DUMB I am.....

AND These little dasturbs wouldn't let us have even one!!!! Crabs, if anything, are very spiteful....

Go ahead try grabbing a drink.... Go ahead...

279578890_5623432507670283_4081381009288723216_n.jpg

Did I tell you how DUMB I am!!!!

If those look small, they "ain't"! (Had to put a couple back in the water later but we ended up with 17 keepers and several large ones like the below...

Take a gander...

279896678_5623432647670269_8098057177622521626_n.jpg

And NOW you know....the rest of the story!!!

Gosh I'm DUMB!!!

Okay,

I can't tell you as good as I can show you!!! (Yeah, I'm DUMB!!!)

My Darling and I hit the water today crabbing, fishing, and clamming....... Got a few clams later, I didn't bring bait to fish with hoping I'd catch some bait fish, I did but where we were the fish weren't biting.....I caught a couple but not what we wanted so I released them.... NOW....

I packed our cooler with some nice ginger ale and water, just iced down so nicely... So inviting and so cold on a 90+ degree day in direct sunlight most all day...

We was catching crabs right off the bat, some nice ones too. Then it happened!!!!! I've heard of dumb and dumber but just plain DUMB... Here I type......

Man my Darling and I were getting thirsty and ready for a drink break with our nicely and might I add coldly iced down cooler...

Yeah I opened that old cooler top and and I found out how truly DUMB I am.....

AND These little dasturbs wouldn't let us have even one!!!! Crabs, if anything, are very spiteful....

Go ahead try grabbing a drink.... Go ahead...

279578890_5623432507670283_4081381009288723216_n.jpg

Did I tell you how DUMB I am!!!!

If those look small, they "ain't"! (Had to put a couple back in the water later but we ended up with 17 keepers and several large ones like the below...

Take a gander...

279896678_5623432647670269_8098057177622521626_n.jpg

And NOW you know....the rest of the story!!!

Gosh I'm DUMB!!!
I don't see the problem, there is plenty of water there.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 61°F, foggy and humid. Front moving through. Today's high peaking at 94°F. We received about 1/3 inch much-needed rain yesterday afternoon. Some scattered hail. We might break temperature records this coming weekend. Summer arrived early this year.

Working at the office seemed kinda strange. Hardly anyone there. At least coffee available. Our department could start working 2 days/week at the office later this summer.

Happy Friday, y'all.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

6c460f8fda108eb3fdb448ed50db0c70.jpg

In 1949 my uncle pitched (Some?) for the 6th Ward Boosters of Newport that finished 4th in that year's National Championship. Included teams like Clearwater Bombers & Phillips 66 Oilers.
I can't count how many games I saw the Bombers play as a kid. Never had to buy a ticket. I grew up in Clearwater, Florida whenthe Bombers were in their prime.

Two of my high school teachers played for the Bombers, Herb Dudley was pitcher and Gene Mason was the third baseman. One of my g-aunts was married to another Bomber, Doc Summers and he played in the outfield. When Herb Dudley pitched the outfield could lay down and go to sleep. He was one of the best fast pitch softball pitchers in history.

* More than 1,000 ASA wins
* Struck out 55 batters in 21 innings
* In a five-year period he struck out 2,475 batters, with 110 shutouts and 45 no-hitters.
* More than 100 no-hitters during his career
* He won 10 ASA Championships with the Bombers.
* He is in the Hall of Fame and the most outstanding pitcher in the ASA tournament is awarded the "Herb Dudley Outstanding Pitcher Award"

I could go on and talk about Coach Dudley all day long. One little story. I was in his 10th grade Phys Ed class and one day he pulled out a $10.00 bill and put it on home plate. He said the first student that could hit his pitch could pick up the $10.00 bill. He said even a tip (foul ball) would count. Just make contact. He threw slow pitch and I couldn't wait to get up to bat. The ball would literally drop when you started to swing and nothing but air. Not a single boy in my class could make contact. Then he threw a couple of fast pitches and nobody even stayed in the batters box. I thought he was going to kill me with the pitch and ducked as the ball went flying by .

Coach was a devout Christian and would not pitch on Sunday. No telling how many more games he would have won if he had played Sundays. RIP Coach Herb Dudley, the best man and teacher I knew in all of my school years.

R.40a71795fff6acce1f4156f6e0140a1e

R.a4fd66602e2e5cf18d7321cc39e488ed

http://www.alsfastball.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=1330&cntnt01returnid=137&msclkid=54dc6a88cd3011ec872cf6ae2535b1c7

Last edited:
Good morning D-League. Yes, as noted above, the Redlegs are really coming through for me - 18-4 final last night, and forced to pitch position players.

The real moment of truth is just ahead with the Pirates coming to GABP. Pittsburgh is roughly a middle-of-the-league AAA team. What are the Reds? AA? A? We’re about to find out.

Gray and drizzly in the east.

I saw somewhere they are doing a remake of what is probably still one of my top five TV shows, The Honeymooners. I guess nothing with a possible Buck attached to it can be left alone in America.

But can you imagine Hollywood’s take on Ralph Kramden today? In episode one he’ll be arrested as an abusive spouse. Then Alice will announce she is “transitioning” to Alex.

In mandatory counseling, Ralph will reflect on all his bad behavior, realize it is because he is secretly Gay and in love with Norton, and they will quit their blue collar jobs and open a florist shop in newly chic Brooklyn. Alex - formerly Alice - will get elected to Congress and marry Trixie. They’ll adopt five illegal immigrant teenagers and the show will morph into a modern version of the Brady Bunch.

Ralph and Ed will move into a spare room as the wise and funny “Gay uncles” who keep the family in flowers and baked goods.

I hope I’m kidding but would not be surprised.

This would've been funny as a gag 20 years ago. Wish I could laugh at it now. Now it could get you a job at Disnee

Good morning D-League. Drizzly and gray in the east.

I guess this is derby weekend. It really snuck up on me this year. I used to love it, but the horse doping scandals have tainted it for me. I don't know anything about a single horse in the race.

But, I'll watch it with my daughter and get choked up when they play My Old Kentucky Home. I hope the weather is decent.

Back to work. You all have a good day.

I haven't bet yet, but my wife is about $75 up on the day, so far. I'll get involved here before long and lose some of her winnings.

Did you finish Ozark? We did last night.
I placed our Derby bets this morning. My wife bet $20 on Happy Jack. I bet $20 on Charge It and $3 on Tiz The Bomb. $43 down the tubes.

Yeah we finished Part 2 last Sunday night. To be honest, I was disappointed. It left me flat. Almost seemed like they used different writers. It wasn't bad just not the quality I'm used to. Every season got better, Part 2 didn't. Just my opinion.

I don't know about different writers, but there were some different directors. Laura Linley directed the next to last episode, when she was losing it more than usual. I didn't like the distraction of John Boy. Felt like he played way too big of a role.

Fishing report:

Blanked again. I have been blanked so many times this year I think I'll change my name to Billy.

It's so bad, the Reds are cringing.
It's as ugly as a Nancy Pelosi photo.
It's as incomplete as a Kamala Harris answer to a question.
It's as disappointing as a Biden presidency.
It's as confusing as 81 million votes.

The only action I saw today was 1 jake no shoulders at Rattler and 2 Jerry Mathers at Wapata who were pissed off I was there and not as nice as the one in the video below.

Good morning D-League. Drizzly and gray in the east.

I guess this is derby weekend. It really snuck up on me this year. I used to love it, but the horse doping scandals have tainted it for me. I don't know anything about a single horse in the race.

But, I'll watch it with my daughter and get choked up when they play My Old Kentucky Home. I hope the weather is decent.

Back to work. You all have a good day.
Does she know the Heimlich?

I placed our Derby bets this morning. My wife bet $20 on Happy Jack. I bet $20 on Charge It and $3 on Tiz The Bomb. $43 down the tubes.

Yeah we finished Part 2 last Sunday night. To be honest, I was disappointed. It left me flat. Almost seemed like they used different writers. It wasn't bad just not the quality I'm used to. Every season got better, Part 2 didn't. Just my opinion.
You just may have a shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT