ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

If you live close to a democrat you might have a worried neighbor

279448583_5346472102079743_8782953847666603443_n.jpg

Fishing report:

Blanked again. I have been blanked so many times this year I think I'll change my name to Billy.

It's so bad, the Reds are cringing.
It's as ugly as a Nancy Pelosi photo.
It's as incomplete as a Kamala Harris answer to a question.
It's as disappointing as a Biden presidency.
It's as confusing as 81 million votes.

The only action I saw today was 1 jake no shoulders at Rattler and 2 Jerry Mathers at Wapata who were pissed off I was there and not as nice as the one in the video below.

Speaking of Biden, Gutfeld said Biden trying to explain something with confidence, was like a man trying to explain why he only lasted 30 seconds during sex to a woman. I guess he wasn't referring to Pitino with that comment.

My cuz, who lives near Bert, posted on Facebook that he earned his Kentucky master plumbers license.... at age 62. Super congrats to him. I'll call him later this weekend.

Picked up a 17.5 lb bag of Hills Science Diet Digestive Care i/d food for pup today: $103. Well worth it.

Speaking of pup: I left an empty Arby's bag on the floor. She got into it. Bag went all the way past her neck. She could not see. Too funny. Should snapped a photo.

Happy Friday.

Reds Don’t Lose! A steady rain turns out to be the teams’ best strategy. Unfortunately they’ll probably have to play eventually.
That's going to be the standing joke of the season. Not losing today because:

The weather cancelled the game.
It was their day off (that's almost everyday).
The very rare tie game. and............................................................................................................................................. ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
They actually win one.

Last edited:

Morning Legionnaires!

88° expected for a high today with 101° expected tomorrow. Yeow!

Feeling like Cpt Ahab right now with my fishing luck. Going after the elusive Moby Bass again this morning until it gets warmer. I may just have to buy myself a fish finder and a harpoon if this keeps up.

In the words of the immortal Paul Harvey: "Stand by for news"!

Morning Legionnaires!

Feeling like Cpt Ahab right now with my fishing luck. Going after the elusive Moby Bass again this morning until it gets warmer. I may just have to buy myself a fish finder and a harpoon if this keeps up.

Hang in there WC, there are plenty of fish to be caught. This gal caught a nice redfish a few miles from me off of Pine Island. Bait your hook and go for it.

24cbe8c5df87c9a778d4248c6c36da76.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 74°F, mostly cloudy and muggy. Expecting high today of 100°F, in which case we may break a record. Hope not.

Derby Day! I may tune in later for the main event.

Re: Poseidon Adventure. Good flick. One could say Irwin Allen was the "master of disaster".

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design8.jpg

Good morning D League. Pausing at a shelter during a long walk through a light rain.

We ended up with house guests through odd circumstances this weekend. Here’s why:

My daughter who is crashing with us after moving back from Austin has a close friend of about 25 who married and moved to NYC.

She’s back for a visit - but couldn’t stay at her parent’s house about a mile from us. Why?

Her sister who decided as a teenager she was actually a he is living at home. And “he” is so riddled with anxiety over COVID still that he wouldn’t allow his sister to stay at the family home. So she and her husband are staying with us.

I’m fine with guests but the whole thing told me a couple things:

1. This nut who thinks she is a transsexual is really just so eat up with anxiety disorders she/he is out of touch with the natural world.

2. Part of the reason the kid is off center is parents who so indulged her/him that they’d let her/him ban her own sister from the family home.

By the way, “he” has a boyfriend, so he is not only a transsexual he is homosexual. Seems like a lot of trouble to end up where you started - a girl liking boys.

Good morning D League. Pausing at a shelter during a long walk through a light rain.

We ended up with house guests through odd circumstances this weekend. Here’s why:

My daughter who is crashing with us after moving back from Austin has a close friend of about 25 who married and moved to NYC.

She’s back for a visit - but couldn’t stay at her parent’s house about a mile from us. Why?

Her sister who decided as a teenager she was actually a he is living at home. And “he” is so riddled with anxiety over COVID still that he wouldn’t allow his sister to stay at the family home. So she and her husband are staying with us.

I’m fine with guests but the whole thing told me a couple things:

1. This nut who thinks she is a transsexual is really just so eat up with anxiety disorders she/he is out of touch with the natural world.

2. Part of the reason the kid is off center is parents who so indulged her/him that they’d let her/him ban her own sister from the family home.

By the way, “he” has a boyfriend, so he is not only a transsexual he is homosexual. Seems like a lot of trouble to end up where you started - a girl liking boys.
Once upon a time when America was still "sane" this behavior was called a mental disease.

I can't count how many games I saw the Bombers play as a kid. Never had to buy a ticket. I grew up in Clearwater, Florida whenthe Bombers were in their prime.

Two of my high school teachers played for the Bombers, Herb Dudley was pitcher and Gene Mason was the third baseman. One of my g-aunts was married to another Bomber, Doc Summers and he played in the outfield. When Herb Dudley pitched the outfield could lay down and go to sleep. He was one of the best fast pitch softball pitchers in history.

* More than 1,000 ASA wins
* Struck out 55 batters in 21 innings
* In a five-year period he struck out 2,475 batters, with 110 shutouts and 45 no-hitters.
* More than 100 no-hitters during his career
* He won 10 ASA Championships with the Bombers.
* He is in the Hall of Fame and the most outstanding pitcher in the ASA tournament is awarded the "Herb Dudley Outstanding Pitcher Award"

I could go on and talk about Coach Dudley all day long. One little story. I was in his 10th grade Phys Ed class and one day he pulled out a $10.00 bill and put it on home plate. He said the first student that could hit his pitch could pick up the $10.00 bill. He said even a tip (foul ball) would count. Just make contact. He threw slow pitch and I couldn't wait to get up to bat. The ball would literally drop when you started to swing and nothing but air. Not a single boy in my class could make contact. Then he threw a couple of fast pitches and nobody even stayed in the batters box. I thought he was going to kill me with the pitch and ducked as the ball went flying by .

Coach was a devout Christian and would not pitch on Sunday. No telling how many more games he would have won if he had played Sundays. RIP Coach Herb Dudley, the best man and teacher I knew in all of my school years.

R.40a71795fff6acce1f4156f6e0140a1e

R.a4fd66602e2e5cf18d7321cc39e488ed

http://www.alsfastball.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=1330&cntnt01returnid=137&msclkid=54dc6a88cd3011ec872cf6ae2535b1c7
Kool. When I saw the Dudley name I immediately thought "brand of softball" before I ever saw the photo at bottom. Didn't know where the name came from.

Dad used to umpire fastpitch and semi-pro & college baseball as well as HS & rec stuff from 50' into 70's. Even did a couple of Reds exhibition games. From March thru Oct. he umpired 5-6 days a week besides his beer-making real job. But he just loved baseball. In WW2, he was the catcher for his ship's team & batted cleanup. They played other ships & bases, Army & Navy. MLB & minors guys dotted the rosters. Giants offered him a minors contract after the war but he was 25 & preferred making & consuming beer.

Morning Legionnaires!

Fresh water Crabbing?😁

Good morning all.... Just woke up back in Lorton. Arrived home about 2am. Not too bad of a trip. Have a great day.

Morning to some and after noon to others. It is a drizzly 59.9°F in Smiths Grove. Rainy Derby day. We are supposed to get to 63 before the day is out. I am praying for better weather in Louisville.

55 years ago tonight at 9:20pm central time my son was born. He came down last night and left this morning. He got a new truck and wanted to drive it. His old truck, that he still has, was 18 years old and had 167,000 miles on it. So it was time for a new one. He may give his daughters boy friend the old one.

@AustinTXCat good to see the pup getting back to normal.

You all have a good day. I am going to stay in and avoid getting wet.

.................................and they are trying to force us to not only accept it......but they want us to embrace it.......
Stand on a street corner downtown and cluck like a chicken for a while, or pretend you are Abraham Lincoln, and someone will call the police to take you in for a mental evaluation. Stand on the same street corner and tell everyone you are the opposite of your sex, and they will applaud and tell you how brave you are.

Liberalism might not be an actual disease, per se, but it is definitely a mental deficiency.

Morning to some and after noon to others. It is a drizzly 59.9°F in Smiths Grove. Rainy Derby day. We are supposed to get to 63 before the day is out. I am praying for better weather in Louisville.

55 years ago tonight at 9:20pm central time my son was born. He came down last night and left this morning. He got a new truck and wanted to drive it. His old truck, that he still has, was 18 years old and had 167,000 miles on it. So it was time for a new one. He may give his daughters boy friend the old one.

@AustinTXCat good to see the pup getting back to normal.

You all have a good day. I am going to stay in and avoid getting wet.
Happy Birthday to your son Bert. My brother was born on May 8 and I got out of the U.S. Army on May 4th. May is a good month.

On May 4th, 1968, my Captain called me into his office and said, "Sgt. you are not needed in this Army any longer. Thank you for your service and you can go on back to the house." And I did.

That's what this world needs..... More Pond Crabs.... (Think about it..)
Well 5 ponds at FT. Sill had a pond crab this morning since none of them gave up a bass and I am now crabby because of it. This is the worst start to any fishing season I have ever had. Ran into some other people who were also struggling this year. It has been unseasonably cooler this year to start out and with this past weeks heavy rains the springs feeding the ponds are keeping them murky and cold. That should change this week with near 90° weather today and 100 plus tomorrow and maybe Monday.

Pork belly has been on the smoker since 9:30 this morning. Should be done by Derby. The sun has definitely not shined bright on my old Kentucky home today. Dreary but the bourbon is flowing.

HEY,

I forgot I had some Japanese whiskey. May just have an untraditional drink on this gloomy, wet, rainy day.

Been catching up. My Darling and I have not told our children we are home. We needed a break. (They've been pestering us all day.)

We seriously need to be left.....alone for a bit.

HEY,

I forgot I had some Japanese whiskey. May just have an untraditional drink on this gloomy, wet, rainy day.

Been catching up. My Darling and I have not told our children we are home. We needed a break. (They've been pestering us all day.)

We seriously need to be left.....alone for a bit.
Drink up! More importantly, rest up while you have the chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT