ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

During my walks, I encounter homeless folks every day. Some days 2-3 while other days 8-10, all within a 1-mile radius. Crazy thing is no homeless shelter nearby. Largest shelter sits downtown on 7th Street. Some folks camp out in tents, and seemingly live rather well. Sometimes I question if they are truly homeless or just saving money. Others seem seriously destitute.

Homelessness is a huge problem in ATX. Many fires have been started by homeless folks. Lots of filth and hazardous waste (needles) near their camps. City may try addressing the issue again. We'll see.

Yeah, it is so sad. Most of the homeless or at least a lot of the homeless have the means to have a place or a roof over their head, they just do not have the faculties to do the daily things required to keep a roof over their head like paying the heat, lights, or water bills, or getting something fixed. I never consider the large majority of the homeless bad people. (Not that it matters what I think.) I saw my Grandma. She could live well but to keep a schedule of paying a bill or that type stuff, forget it. I went to the place she lived regularly and had great interactions with a lot of the people that lived there, never forgetting them. Their community was very close-knit as well. They had means...

My Grandmother died nearing the end of President Carter's first year in office. She didn't have to go through the pain a WHOLE lot of "people" had to go through so President Carter and his ilk could do something "For the people"....

I will stop, I guess why I am harping so much is I was able to go through a whole lot of papers and pictures my Mom had that my sweet sister (SIL) and brother saved from when they assisted my Mom a while bunch before she passed many years ago.

I have a bunch of pictures and documents I may share. Also have a couple decent pictures of Cumberland Gap that someone asked about.

ryanbruner, what is your agenda?

I don't recall seeing you on the D-League before. Why are you here?

Do you want to join us or are your purposes different?

What is your agenda with these two post?

By the way my Kentucky Senator is a person friend. Is there some secret message I need to relay to him?
I’m trying to throw my money carelessly at multiple parlays this fall in order to fund this hot tub I want to buy.

• Sad
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I’m trying to throw my money carelessly at multiple parlays this fall in order to fund this hot tub I want to buy.
You did not answer one of my questions. What in hell is a parlay?

You may be a prick. I don't know. Prior to this afternoon I had never heard of you.

You say you live in Georgia. Why are you so concerned about Kentucky law?

You did not answer one of my questions. What in hell is a parlay?

You may be a prick. I don't know. Prior to this afternoon I had never heard of you.

You say you live in Georgia. Why are you so concerned about Kentucky law?
I spend my falls in Kentucky but occasionally I drive to Tennessee to throw some money on draft kings and try to get rich. In all honesty I’d rather not drive 2 hours to throw units on money lines and over/unders

ryanbruner, what is your agenda?

I don't recall seeing you on the D-League before. Why are you here?

Do you want to join us or are your purposes different?

What is your agenda with these two post?

By the way my Kentucky Senator is a person friend. Is there some secret message I need to relay to him?

Sir,
He is a troublemaker that thinks all are beneath him. He is superior. Never forget that. Yep, the salt scum of the earth. jmuo

On a baseball theme here is an oldie. Spring Training In St. Petersburg, Florida (March 1925) Babe Ruth, Al Lang and Miller Huggins. While mayor of St Pete, Al Lang was instrumental in bringing Spring Training to Florida and forming the Grapefruit League. Miller Huggins played for the Cincinnati Reds and St Louis Cardinals. He also managed the Yanks during the 1920's when they had Murder's Row. We know who Babe Ruth was.

257963655_10158803168728495_8995644090707051413_n.jpg

This is the Spring Training Home of the St Louis Cardinals back in the day, Al Lang Field When I was about 8 years old I saw Mickey Mantle hit one in the water batting right handed. There was a group of old men around me and one commented, "Who is that kid?" The photo below is the last pitch in the old spring practice stadium. Al Lang Stadium.

The Yankees trained in Miller Huggin Field, also in St Pete. Because they were in the same city the Yanks and Cards played at lot of games in Spring Training.
1024px-Al_lang_-_last_pitch.JPG

Glad you are home. I hope you spread some love to your folks. That is what counts.

On Carter: he was a good person, but a very bad president. However, today I would trade Jimmy in a New York minute for Joe.

Thank you Sir. Yes, Jimmy Carter was a very fine person. That is the really sad part of it. I truly hate knocking him as one on one he was great!

Not any that care. And to think you pay to be stupid on a site where you are known as stupid and too dumb to realize it. It is laughable...
This is what we’ve become?

Oh yea? Well I think you’re dumb and a big meanie! Big stupid meanie!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bertfan31
Not any that care. And to think you pay to be stupid on a site where you are known as stupid and too dumb to realize it. It is laughable...
What a testimony you have sir! I’m sure Jesus loves seeing you on a message board calling people dumb and stupid. Try to get that hate out of your heart.

What a testimony you have sir! I’m sure Jesus loves seeing you on a message board calling people dumb and stupid. Try to get that hate out of your heart.

I "calls" them as I see them, no hate. You are a troublemaker which is about the worst thing you can call someone. It really doesn't take hate to call you what you are... you've shown it time and time again

Testimonies are for man. See you and I have something in common after all. You show what you are daily and I show what I am daily. You are not ashamed, I am not ashamed...(But you should be ashamed...)

Last edited:
BBUK, your grandma must have been a tough old bird if she managed for a long while in a homeless shelter, or halfway house, in Detroit.

When I was a young stud reporter about age 25 the debate was raging in DC over whether to keep a massive homeless shelter in the city open,...As a stunt I went in that place dressed in shabby clothes and stayed a weekend. That was plenty for me. Saw some real human depravity -- including a knife fight between two women. The only thing I can say to recommend the experience is that every morning some large local bakery would drop off a couple garbage bags of day-old donuts, which weren't bad.

BTW - Despite my story painting the place as a Dickensian nightmare the shelter stayed open. No one could come up with a better idea, then or now.

Not at all MD, this was an actual house that had been modified to multiple sleeping rooms that whoever it was managed the building or building's. The residents came and left as they pleased and paid for the privilege to stay there. A lump sum payment monthly. Black, white, no issues. It was a home for those who did not have a home but could work and take care of most of their daily needs.

I "calls" them as I see them, no hate. You are a troublemaker which is about the worst thing you can call someone. It really doesn't take hate to call you what you are... you've shown it time and time again
I think it speaks more to the fact that I can say a few words and within minutes I’ve pried emotion out of you. You are a simple man. Don’t get upset with me because of a post that was never meant for you. Get upset with yourself for not having the depth to maintain yourself. Keep a cool head. A smart man doesn’t allow himself to lose his bearing in times of defeat. A dumb man can’t control himself.

Austin 3:16

I think it speaks more to the fact that I can say a few words and within minutes I’ve pried emotion out of you. You are a simple man. Don’t get upset with me because of a post that was never meant for you. Get upset with yourself for not having the depth to maintain yourself. Keep a cool head. A smart man doesn’t allow himself to lose his bearing in times of defeat. A dumb man can’t control himself.

And an idiot E4 Air Farce loon and paid lackey can't mind his own business.

Shut the hell up.

And an idiot E4 Air Farce loon and paid lackey can't mind his own business.

Shut the hell up.
It’s been awhile since I was an E4 lol

I’ll do whatever they pay me to do as long as I can continue to throw money at 16 leg parlays. God bless America and God bless you AustinTXCat! I love you buddy.

Reactions: bertfan31
It’s been awhile since I was an E4 lol

I’ll do whatever they pay me to do as long as I can continue to throw money at 16 leg parlays. God bless America and God bless you AustinTXCat! I love you buddy.
Oh, well, look who made E-5. Let me guess: You needed 8 years for date of rank just like the rest of those Air Farce clowns. Big hairy ass deal. You and your buddy are still losers. Loudmouth losers. Invade threads so you can spread some bullshit agenda none of us care about.

Guess what? I don't give a shit. Not one. Now piss off and get the hell outta this thread.

Nah, you are convoluted and I see MD likes it as well as B31 (That part saddens me.) In any event I was taken in by this fine group of decent family men and women. You seem to have no concept of "control" or "dumb". That is okay with me. If you look down on me or anything I do, I am okay with that. You call me a simple man, I thank you for that. I try to keep it simple.

You seem to enjoy the nasty and filthy. I defend against that, I always have. Some nice people asked you to not bring your filth here but to introduce yourself. You couldn't respect that (I knew you wouldn't as I have seen your posts.) You are a vile poster, the worst sort. A troublemaker. (I had hoped you'd change but it is a character flaw.)

if I am not you, I count that a blessing. No hate, no anger, no vitriol, just thankful. I will call a spade a spade though.

Last edited:
Oh, well, look who made E-5. Let me guess: You needed 8 years for date of rank just like the rest of those Air Farce clowns. Big hairy ass deal. You and your buddy are still losers. Loudmouth losers. Invade threads so you can spread some bullshit agenda none of us care about.

Guess what? I don't give a shit. Not one. Now piss off and get the hell outta this thread.
I’ve been in for 4 years. I’m not sure who my buddy is though. I think you’re lost in your own delusion. Just for clarification this is a message board and we aren’t in person. I also don’t have anyone with me.

Last edited:
Nah, you are convoluted and I see MD likes it. (That part saddens me.) In any event I was taken in by this fine group of decent family men and women. You seem to have no concept of "control" or "dumb". That is okay with me. If you look down on me or anything I do, I am okay with that. You call me a simple man, I thank you for that. I try to keep it simple.

You seem to enjoy the nasty and filthy. I defend against that, I always have. Some nice people asked you to not bring your filth here but to introduce yourself. You couldn't respect that (I knew you wouldn't as I have seen your posts.) You are a vile poster, the worst sort. A troublemaker. (I had hoped you'd change but it is a character flaw.)

if I am not you, I count that a blessing. No hate, no anger, no vitriol, just thankful. I will call a spade a spade though.
I don’t look down on you. Quite frankly I don’t really care what you have to say. My post wasn’t meant for you. It wasn’t directed at anyone really. I like to gamble I like to drink I like to work I like to make money. I am a child of God with many vices that I will admit to. You are a child of God who casts judgment onto others as if you’re God himself. There’s a book that speaks of this evil.

I don’t look down on you. Quite frankly I don’t really care what you have to say. My post wasn’t meant for you. It was directed at anyone really. I like to gamble I like to drink I like to work I like to make money. I am a child of God with many vices that I will admit to. You are a child of God who casts judgment onto others as if you’re God himself. There’s a book that speaks of this evil.
Good for you. And I don't give a shit. Your sorry little E4 ass should be banned for life. Damn loon. Typical Air Farce trash.

Now stop throwing your agenda at us in this thread. Take it to the Political thread. Or has your sorry little ass been banned from there?

Good for you. And I don't give a shit. Your sorry little E4 ass should be banned for life. Damn loon. Typical Air Farce trash.

Now stop throwing your agenda at us in this thread. Take it to the Political thread. Or has your sorry little ass been banned from there?
I don’t have an agenda. I enjoy throwing bread at meaningless mid major games during college basketball season. I’m sorry this is bothering you lol.

ATXC,
If he is who he states he is at Gordon whether with 1st Signal or the NEC (I doubt he is who he states he is but who knows.) I know his boss or his boss's boss. (I was in Korea with both of them and keep in good touch.) They'd never allow that type character around them long. Heck he may use his own name too but acting like he does that is a big mistake. Oh well... he hasn't taken it that far.................yet.

ATXC,
If he is who he states he is at Gordon whether with 1st Signal or the NEC (I doubt he is who he states he is but who knows.) I know his boss or his boss's boss. (I was in Korea with both of them and keep in good touch.) They'd never allow that type character around them long. Heck he may use his own name too but acting like he does that is a big mistake. Oh well... he hasn't taken it that far.................yet.
I’m Air Force not Army and gambling is legal.

This isn’t the good ole boys club anymore. People don’t just get in trouble because some dude has an issue with you. That shit is VERY illegal and not tolerated. I would like to know who your friends are that are putting people through shit at the command of you though. That’s very interesting. I didn’t realize we still had Army commanders trying to keep the good ole boys club alive.

This isn’t the good ole boys club anymore. People don’t just get in trouble because some dude has an issue with you. That shit is VERY illegal and not tolerated. I would like to know who your friends are that are putting people through shit at the command of you though. That’s very interesting. I didn’t realize we still had Army commanders trying to keep the good ole boys club alive.

I do not run in the good ole boys club whatever that is. Yes I do have people I've worked with in the Air Force on Gordon as well who lead your organization, I seriously doubt you are military period or the military has went down considerably more than I hoped. You are very probably a GS employee, 5 or 7 who got a job by applying as a U.S. Citizen IF that or a government contractor who is full of himself and hasn't learned proper respect yet. What you will not do is flood this nice place with your filthy outlook. If that means I sacrifice my self, that is okay. I seriously do not put up with stupid and you are stupid.

Gambling is legal?? Didn't even notice that. Weed is too now in some places. Go ahead and try that...

Last edited:

You're also full of Air Farce shit, too. Now piss off, you damn troll, and leave us alone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT