ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Mid-Century architecture/design is my favorite.

Recently watched a documentary on the Oyler House.

78362e93cb2eaa882cec099eb929380e-the20oyler20house.jpg

(That being said, Frank Lloyd Wright was a POS horrible human being, and his houses leaked like sieves. Not that he had anything to do with the Oyler house, I just wanted to get that out there.)

(That being said, Frank Lloyd Wright was a POS horrible human being, and his houses leaked like sieves. Not that he had anything to do with the Oyler house, I just wanted to get that out there.)

Yes. He was quite the thief among other things.

There were some really beautiful styles created in the 20th century. Used to love architecture until it became the gimmick centered shell just like fine art had become.

I'm a fan of mid-century architecture as well. Most people believe that the Kaden Tower in Louisville was designed by Wright. The fact is that it was designed by his son-in-law.

115969_sv.jpg

Good morning, D-League

Another day! This might be one of our 10- 14 days of Kentucky spring sunshine! I hope y'all get out to enjoy it.

Friend of mine is doing a Passover service Saturday night in somewhat the same style as Jesus mightve kept the Last Supper with his disciples. We're (or maybe just I will be) going to attend as long as there isn't anything added to it of a Rabbinical nature. He knows not to test me on that.

He'll be talking about the ways the Son fulfilled the Passover scriptures and where those parts are in the text. Could be interesting. If there isn't any roasted lamb, I'll be very disappointed.

The parallel these days between what people choose to believe and see, and not, in spite of what's plainly before them, and the miracles and sacrifice of those days, and how so many refused to see it for what it was is very sobering. I know it was hidden from them before Jesus died until after he took his life back up, but I still wonder how they couldn't see it after...

I have to remember that it is a gift- the ability to see it, and the desire to see it is a choice. I have to remember too,, that just because we see it doesn't mean we will enter the kingdom. It's humbling, sobering, and makes me mourn for those that have been and will be lost.

I need to stay in prayer these next few days. May God's presence be felt among you and yours this weekend as you remember the great gift of our Father and Son's love for us while we were as yet unrepentant.

Morning Legionnaires!

92° with gusty winds today 25-35mph with higher gust expected (we get a lot of that). Tomorrows high expected in the 50's. Fishing will either be tomorrow or Sunday. Rain expected on Sunday so...

Rattlesnake festival started yesterday and goes through Sunday. We are going sometime today. Wife and daughter will not want to go tomorrow with weather in the 50's because the wind will be about the same.

Hope you get some good angling in without the wind puttin a damper on things!

Hello all,
I hope your day is great!

I am back at it after a few harrowing days.

I was able to see my sisters and brother and my nieces and nephew and bunches of cousins and a couple close friends...

I thought I might begin by sharing this picture. Most will know who the main person is in this picture but it was a planned photobomb as my brother took the picture (With Aretha's permission.). My sister Actually my SIL but I don't know the difference as we are as close as brother and sister.) is in the back looking at the picture. Aretha didn't want to take the picture but accommodated my brothers request as my brother was one at this event who was there as an honorary attendee. He flew many celebrities' and his company was a large corporate sponsor to many of these stars.

This was a couple years before Aretha died.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Not any that care. And to think you pay to be stupid on a site where you are known as stupid and too dumb to realize it. It is laughable...
The only people that may care are Matt Jones wrestling fans and since he has come out of the closet, I am not sure how many he will have now. On second thought maybe Kentucky has more social deviants than I am aware of. Heck what do I know. Some are saying the LBQRSTUVFU crowd number about 40% of the population so there must be a market for it. Jones is making the $$$$$$$$$ and he is the face of the University of Kentucky athletic department in the social media

FQUoSrmXMAUmvp1

FQUr23vWUAIwTe5

@Sawnee Cat

Sir,

So you know, since I am no longer a paying customer on this site. I cannot modify the personal threads to add or remove people or I would have. I tried.
No problem, I certainly understand. I was afraid I was offending someone but they probably have me on ignore so that takes care of it. I appreciate you man

The only people that may care are Matt Jones wrestling fans and since he has come out of the closet, I am not sure how many he will have now. On second thought maybe Kentucky has more social deviants than I am aware of. Heck what do I know. Some are saying the LBQRSTUVFU crowd number about 40% of the population so there must be a market for. Jones is making the $$$$$$$$$

FQUoSrmXMAUmvp1

FQUr23vWUAIwTe5

Sir,
I'd really laugh but it angers me to no end with what our society as a whole has become. Nothing our society has or is becoming can ever be anything good as it is founded in the very bad and is the dregs of filth and should be totally shunned, disapproved by society as a whole, and hidden as deviant and immoral. To be a well functioning people that have everything but virtue... this must be cast out from any decent society or public places. If not nothing will ever get better or be better for you or anyone ever again! (I post this out of deep sadness as a truth that cannot be made a lie unless, you lie...)

Last edited:
Morning folks. Good to see no interlopers for nearly 12 hours. What good does he get out of being an ass?

It is a sunny 51.1°F on our way to 71°. That ain't close to Warrior Cats 92° but we will make it feel like summer. I have had the air on for two days. It gets a little crisp in the mornings but warm in the afternoon.

As the clueless hypocrite trolls ...

The agenda IS trolling, annoyance, and unrelenting narcissism. Folks, that caricature's been rewarded for it too often. Just have to shut off the reward and ignore him.

Like a dog that keeps humping and peeing on everything, these are the days of his life.

My wife lost the key fob for our Mazda this morning and fortunately a good samaritan found it and turned it in. Good thing too. I was surprised to find out that the cost to replace is $375. $150 of the total was for programming. Amazing.

YEP! Been there, done that. THEN found the dang thing a year after we'd sold the vehicle. Still have it in fact. Dealership wouldn't give us anything for it, and didnt have the number for the person we sold it to...

Morning folks. Good to see no interlopers for nearly 12 hours. What good does he get out of being an ass?

It is a sunny 51.1°F on our way to 71°. That ain't close to Warrior Cats 92° but we will make it feel like summer. I have had the air on for two days. It gets a little crisp in the mornings but warm in the afternoon.

Good Morning Sir, and you won't see him here any longer. Bless you and your family!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 63°F and cloudy with a light breeze. Today's high may reach 86°F.

Day 8 and we remain in great shape. My girl ate well this morning. Last antibiotic pill given yesterday. Normal bowel movement yesterday afternoon. Taking her to the vet this morning for a checkup.

Happy Good Friday. I'm working today. Expecting a slow 8.5 hours (fingers crossed).

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Copy-of-Daily-Template-1-1.png
Pup news
giphy.gif

IMG_0746.jpg

Grilled breakfast
PLTe771s_o.jpg

Last edited:
My Darling and I were traveling hard the last few days. Yesterdays supper. (My Darling told me we hadn't eat well the last several days.) Off the grill and the air fryer along with some boiled cabbage. No King or President eats as well as I do. I am thankful!

278180109_5566347206712147_4060766994103059006_n.jpg

Last edited:
The only people that may care are Matt Jones wrestling fans and since he has come out of the closet, I am not sure how many he will have now. On second thought maybe Kentucky has more social deviants than I am aware of. Heck what do I know. Some are saying the LBQRSTUVFU crowd number about 40% of the population so there must be a market for it. Jones is making the $$$$$$$$$ and he is the face of the University of Kentucky athletic department in the social media

FQUr23vWUAIwTe5
1939-scarecrow.jpg

Dorthy needs a brain

He has been that way since I have been encountering him in other threads (mainly the Political thread). Has claimed to be the new military (air force) and as Austin had alluded to if you disagree with him on anything you are a racist or whatever. He and I have gone back and forth many times.

Last edited:
This is my favorite version of the song. Red is another native of Kentucky who did what he did well. If I remember he was from Berea not to far from Renfro Valley. I visited the Renfro Valley several times and always enjoyed the show.

I know who you are now:

You are a swamp dwelling hillbilly! 😁

I know who you are now:

You are a swamp dwelling hillbilly! 😁
You outed me Bert. I plead guilty. :)

As I get older I know the time is approaching soon where I will be laid under the Live Oak tree in the pioneer section of the oldest cemetery in Pinellas Co, FL in a grave about 15 from my g-g-g-grandfather William Taylor.

When I was a young child my grandmother would rock me in her rocker and sing me this song. This is an old one written in 1864. Take me home to the sweet sunny South, take me home.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of mid-century architecture as well. MosWhat I think oft people believe that the Kaden Tower in Louisville was designed by Wright. The fact is that it was designed by his son-in-law.

115969_sv.jpg

Can't get the link to post.. one more try

strawberry-frozen-yoghurt-wafers-11583-1.jpg

From the first day I saw it, this is what that building reminded me of

Last edited:

I am a fan also.

I have no idea why, but the other day, a tourist park that used to exist, down near Cumberland Falls IIRC popped into my head.

I remember going there when I was pretty young. It had a working steam engine train, an old west town, and they put on a show, complete with gunfights etc.

What the hell was the name of that place? It had to be late 60's when I went, so it's kind of fuzzy.

I have no idea why, but the other day, a tourist park that used to exist, down near Cumberland Falls IIRC popped into my head.

I remember going there when I was pretty young. It had a working steam engine train, an old west town, and they put on a show, complete with gunfights etc.

What the hell was the name of that place? It had to be late 60's when I went, so it's kind of fuzzy.
It's probably Tombstone Junction. We stopped a few times on our way back from family vacations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT