ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

If Levis goes high in the draft as a first rounder that would be huge. A lot of great high school QB's are going to take notice, especially if the Cats can continue to be strong in a very strong SEC. I am ready for kick off.
That's my mindset as well. We have the opportunity to make UK a destination for elite QBs and WRs. It will all snowball, but it has to start with those guys.

Dane Key caught a pass from Levis that would have been dropped 95% of times in the past. He didn't know it was coming and when he turned his head, there it was at about 60mph. Hit his shoulder but he still reeled it in.

Ryan Lemond said this morning that he is on the first team. We have T. Robinson and another highly touted guy coming in June.

I want to see our passing game look like so many I see on Saturdays.

277746856_127987979811183_2088474913848898550_n.jpg

Wow, just Wow... I rarely venture away from this thread but just amazing at the almost hate that comes out on this site. Some angry, angry people... Sorry, the bad is easy to find, look for the good.

Take a gander at this thread... Start at about post #100 if you've a mind to..

Most of them don't know how to carry on a civilized conversation without throwing out insults. I read the conversation, and some of them posting are to be ignored.

@warrior-cat
I do love this good "report" WC.

I have just the team for you. Since 1931 the Kids and Kubs softball teams have been playing before large crowd's in St Pete. It is a club for "Old Timers" and these old boys are amazing. Check out the link below, especially the pictures. I can see a man of your talent knocking it out of the park. You have to be 74 years old to play so you have a few years to go. But it is something to think about LOL

original

https://kidsandkubs.webs.com/kids-and-kubs-history
Grandpa played for the 12 Mile (KY) All-Stars at Gubsers Mill around 1898-1900. He loved the game & passed that on to Dad. Man they would have some arguments over the Reds.

Since some of you like baseball stories and someone mentioned Bob Gibson.

My Senior year of baseball, I was told before every game that if I hit any batter I was out of the game. Up until then I was given a little wiggle room. I hit people just to load the bases several times so I didn't have to go through 4 pitches to do the same thing.

Most of the others I hit didn't take the hint to keep their mouth shut in the on deck circle. You'll get your chance pal.

Most of them don't know how to carry on a civilized conversation without throwing out insults. I read the conversation, and some of them posting are to be ignored.
I would think that if anything could spur Cal to revisit his methods, it would be Kenny Payne to Louisville. Cal is just as aware of the current state of basketball as any herptyderp on Rafters.

Let's try this again. The last link didn't seem to work. Disturbing video from Shanghai.

https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/wa...ows-after-week-of-total-lockdown-4962800.html

Did y'all ever see some of the video from 2019 of the people being carried out of buildings in China - some alive, some dead or unconscious? It was right after the HK protests and prior to or part of the first virus outbreak that led to lockdowns everywhere. It was disturbing then because the person filming it knew some of the people and knew they were not sick and had been part of the protests.

The guy recording one of the videos I saw disappeared not long after that. Another one "got the virus and died" very very quickly. Someone in China I used to hear from on a regular basis before their factory shut down sent me a link to the videos. I expected what you linked to happen much sooner there.

They really are going to kill millions of people again. I'm sick about it. My friend and his family, if they are still alive, may not be very soon.

This is coming here, too. I don't have any doubts about that, just like I knew the scare was coming over the virus. We let a wicked genie put of its bottle in 2020 and there's no putting it back in there.

My Senior year of baseball, I was told before every game that if I hit any batter I was out of the game. Up until then I was given a little wiggle room. I hit people just to load the bases several times so I didn't have to go through 4 pitches to do the same thing.

Most of the others I hit didn't take the hint to keep their mouth shut in the on deck circle. You'll get your chance pal.

One pitcher tried a brush back on me in middle school. I drilled his next pitch straight into his chest, then ran him over as he tried to block my path to first. Doubled to the opposite field on his next brush back attempt.

The next season I had been lighting up pitchers in a tournament. Was hitting near .900. Had a bunch of doubles and a few triples to go with base hits in that tourney. Championship game the pitcher just drilled me on the first pitch. No getting away from it. His coach had told him to do it. They were both laughing. Ump gave a warning immediately.

They didn't laugh after that. Gave him some room the next time and tripled to the corner in left on the first pitch (never let a decent first pitch go to waste). Tried to intentionally walk me the next at bat with runners on and got one top close. Doubled to right.

They made sure to do it right the last time and walked me. We won the tournament and I thoroughly enjoyed the hand slappin line. Later played HS football with the kid who hit me. Great safety. He and I led the team and conference in tackles senior year (I was actually 3rd in conference.) He only beat me by 3 tackles or so, even with me playing in 3 less games.

Did y'all ever see some of the video from 2019 of the people being carried out of buildings in China - some alive, some dead or unconscious? It was right after the HK protests and prior to or part of the first virus outbreak that led to lockdowns everywhere. It was disturbing then because the person filming it knew some of the people and knew they were not sick and had been part of the protests.

The guy recording one of the videos I saw disappeared not long after that. Another one "got the virus and died" very very quickly. Someone in China I used to hear from on a regular basis before their factory shut down sent me a link to the videos. I expected what you linked to happen much sooner there.

They really are going to kill millions of people again. I'm sick about it. My friend and his family, if they are still alive, may not be very soon.

This is coming here, too. I don't have any doubts about that, just like I knew the scare was coming over the virus. We let a wicked genie put of its bottle in 2020 and there's no putting it back in there.
I remember it well. Most people, including myself, thought that it would be contained in China. Wrong.

That's my mindset as well. We have the opportunity to make UK a destination for elite QBs and WRs. It will all snowball, but it has to start with those guys.

Dane Key caught a pass from Levis that would have been dropped 95% of times in the past. He didn't know it was coming and when he turned his head, there it was at about 60mph. Hit his shoulder but he still reeled it in.

Ryan Lemond said this morning that he is on the first team. We have T. Robinson and another highly touted guy coming in June.

I want to see our passing game look like so many I see on Saturdays.

Key, Crowdus, TRobinson, Cummings, Upshaw, Dingle, Harris, CLewis, and Barion Brown (1 or 2 others I'm forgetting) ...if we can keep em all healthy... with our backfield, OL AND QB staying healthy ... I'm dreaming of the East title. Just got to shore up the secondary and get some push by the DL. I'm not gonna post this in the other forums and please do not repeat it anywhere, but I think we can win 11 or 12 in the first 13 games if we stay healthy. It's not likely we can stay that healthy, but the pieces are finally in place.

I take the act of playing golf seriously. I'm going to play golf rather than most things. I don't take the game seriously though. Some times I score well and sometimes I don't, but I always have cold beer, tunes, and a good time.

My father and I used to go to a slot car place in Louisville in the late 60s early 70s. We had a tackle box with parts and tires. Are there any places like that now? With the huge tracks for multicars.
There was a track at the Big A shopping center on Cane Run Rd......60's.....I had buddies that lived up there.......slot cars was all they did......

One pitcher tried a brush back on me in middle school. I drilled his next pitch straight into his chest, then ran him over as he tried to block my path to first. Doubled to the opposite field on his next brush back attempt.

The next season I had been lighting up pitchers in a tournament. Was hitting near .900. Had a bunch of doubles and a few triples to go with base hits in that tourney. Championship game the pitcher just drilled me on the first pitch. No getting away from it. His coach had told him to do it. They were both laughing. Ump gave a warning immediately.

They didn't laugh after that. Gave him some room the next time and tripled to the corner in left on the first pitch (never let a decent first pitch go to waste). Tried to intentionally walk me the next at bat with runners on and got one top close. Doubled to right.

They made sure to do it right the last time and walked me. We won the tournament and I thoroughly enjoyed the hand slappin line. Later played HS football with the kid who hit me. Great safety. He and I led the team and conference in tackles senior year (I was actually 3rd in conference.) He only beat me by 3 tackles or so, even with me playing in 3 less games.
That brings up another Musial story. Stan was fresh up from the minors. Van Mango was pitching for the Dodgers. Van was noted as a head hunter with a tremendous fastball. Van knocked Musial down with the first two pitches. Stan tripled in the gap on the next pitch. The ump yelled out at Mungo, " You sure scared the he'll out of that kid didn't you."

My first year in Tee-Ball, I hit a grounder and the throw never came to first. Everybody is saying inning over, get back to the dugout. I refused. I just loitered at first, refusing to move, because I beat the throw.

There was no throw, because I grounded into the third out, force at second base. But I wasn't having it. My Mom had to come get me because I wasn't moving.

(I didn't get my suicide after the game)

CatinIL was probably there. LOL

(unlike me, he was good at baseball AND understood the, you know, RULES...)

Last edited:
Slot cars are pretty damn fun, with upgraded equipment (tuned cars, variable power supply, track wired for braking, digital lap timing system, beefed up controllers with 90 ohm resistors etc. )

It's nothing like the toys we had as kids. (cars flying off everywhere, two speeds: dead stop and full out etc.)

Beautiful routed track with a tuned car from Viper Scale

Last edited:
Hello all, I hope you are well. My Darling and I left about 12:30pm and arrived in my brothers driveway in Saline, MI about 10:05pm. We stopped and ate at a Cracker Barrel along the way.

Enjoyed talking with my brother and Sister (SIL)(She is my sister and has been since I was 13 or so.. I'm 60 now.). Staying at their home. Just a gorgeous home. Haven't been here in decades.

Hope to see my sister tomorrow and my Mom's along with my Aunts and Uncles graves.

Haven't seen my brother and sister since they were at mine and my Darlings home in South Carolina in about 2016. We talk regularly but it "ain't" the same.

Hope to check in tomorrow. I am thankful. God Bless you all...

Good morning from ATX. Currently 73°F and cloudy. Chances for rain mid-morning and later this afternoon. Today's high could come in at 88°F.

Our feeding adventure hits Day 5. Called vet yesterday. We now give pup prescription food mixed with shredded, boiled chicken until Friday morning when she visits vet again. Thereafter, we'll see what doctor says.

I return to the office on April 21 for one day/week. Supposed to be on vacation next week, but staying here to help care for our pup. Looks like I'll have a load of comp-time coming. 10 weeks until July 4th.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Grilled-Cheese-Sandwich-Day-1024x1024.jpg

Good morning, D-League

Lots to get done today rain or shine. Door to fix. Deck to fix. Stuff to trim. Got to get er ready

I hope the day is a blessing, and am praying He sends His spirit to each of you to give you His wisdom, strength, comfort, and peace as needed.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 73°F and cloudy. Chances for rain mid-morning and later this afternoon. Today's high could come in at 88°F.

Our feeding adventure hits Day 5. Called vet yesterday. We now give pup prescription food mixed with shredded, boiled chicken until Friday morning when she visits vet again. Thereafter, we'll see what doctor says.

I return to the office on April 21 for one day/week. Supposed to be on vacation next week, but staying here to help care for our pup. Looks like I'll have a load of comp-time coming. 10 weeks until July 4th.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Grilled-Cheese-Sandwich-Day-1024x1024.jpg

@AustinTXCat
I was reminded this morning of a pup we had that got really really sick from a toy we bought for her. There was very little evidence it was the cause for maybe a week or two (doc swore it was pancreatitis) until I finally saw some very fine hairs in her vomit one day. Turned out to be a pet toy made of recycled plastic from China - even the hairs of the fur. Our pup had been chewing little pieces off of the edges of the toy in small quantities. Just enough to get stuck in her system and just enough for us not to notice the change in the toy. We got rid of all such toys and she's not had the problem since.

Not sure if it is of any help, but thought I'd mention it. Hope yours continues to improve and has no remaining issues from here.

Last edited:

Morning Legionnaires!

90° with high winds expected today with 60's expected tomorrow. Huge shift. It is no wonder the fish are uncooperative. They don't know whether to cover up or come out and play. Either that or I am not holding my mouth right. Will try again either Friday or Saturday this week.

Napped a lot yesterday afternoon after cleaning the house in the morning. Was still tired from Sunday. Not much else going on today other than teaching my one student after lunch so, more napping on tap.

Good morning! Up before 0700 this morning. That'll happen from time to time. What are you gonna do?

Supposed to play golf at 1100. I bet it's a sloppy mess out there. Rained out last week so I'll go on up there and tough it out.

Got the hankering for a BLT this morning. Maybe 2.

Hope everyone has a good one!

@AustinTXCat
I was reminded this morning of a pup we had that got really really sick from a toy we bought for her. There was very little evidence it was the cause for maybe a week or two (doc swore it was pancreatitis) until I finally saw some very fine hairs in her vomit one day. Turned out to be a pet toy made of recycled plastic from China - even the hairs of the fur. Our pup had been chewing little pieces off of the edges of the toy in small quantities. Just enough to get stuck in her system and just enough for us not to notice the change in the toy. We got rid of all such toys and she's not had the problem since.

Not sure if it is of any help, but thought I'd mention it. Hope yours continues to improve and has no remaining issues from here.
Yeah, appreciate it, but 99% sure illness is pancreatitis. Two ultrasound scans revealed enlarged pancreas. Good news is she's beginning to eat regularly. Next challenge centers on a regular poop schedule. She has not pooped in week, and last time was diarrhea.

Lane "backwards white hat ticket guy" Franklin passed away at 55.

I was always amazed at how many different games/concerts/venues I'd see him. He appeared to be omnipresent. End of an era.
I haven't taken a moment to welcome you to the D League HymanKaplan. I enjoy your posts and I feel you will like this place.

It reminds me of the days when we sat on the store front porch just sipping on an RC and talking about this and that. We have some good folks on here. Welcome

pioneer-florida-museum.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, appreciate it, but 99% sure illness is pancreatitis. Two ultrasound scans revealed enlarged pancreas. Good news is she's beginning to eat regularly. Next challenge centers on a regular poop schedule. She has not pooped in week, and last time was diarrhea.

Yeah. Just thought I should mention it. The plastic did cause her pancreas to be enlarged, vet said it may have been overcompensating trying to digest something it couldn't, but it was clearly a wild guess on their part.

I just hope your girl gets back to normal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT