ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

This is what a service station looks like. Oh how I miss them.
277443244_10220122460721733_1599650117553324850_n.jpg
No offense, but I find it much quicker to pump my own.

No offense, but I find it much quicker to pump my own.
Certainly no offense taken. This is a message board with different views.

I was actually thinking about other services. Such as a mechanic on staff, someone to check your tires and wash your windshield and check your oil. Did you know there are people who do not know how to do any of that. And they drive on our roads.

We once had small diary stores that were Drive Ups. They sold a limited amount of items such as milk, bread, ice cream and other dairy products. You did not get out of your car and it was a quick trip.

Noticed yesterday that we had 3 players off the womens basketball team put their names in the transfer portal. I wonder what's going on over there. I don't guess it matters since we're a football, rifle, and volleyball school now.
I wonder the same. A week or so ago when they won the SEC Championship they looked like the happiest, tightest group on the UK campus. Now they are running away. How can that be?

Last edited:
I used to know a guy who was in one of those hardcore biker clubs. He had a really nice looking Honda chopper. They said get a Harley or get out. He rode his Harley off the side of a mountain in the Rockies while drunk. It killed him.

I used to know a guy who was in one of those hardcore biker clubs. He had a really nice looking Honda chopper. They said get a Harley or get out. He rode his Harley off the side of a mountain in the Rockies while drunk. It killed him.

I cannot tell you my childhood and the vileness I had to deal with just to live. God's grace is real and God's hand is Devine. I don't think or hope for a God, I KNOW there is a God. No way should I be here typing... I am thankful...

I cannot tell you my childhood and the vileness I had to deal with just to live. God's grace is real and God's hand is Devine. I don't think or hope for a God, I KNOW there is a God. No way should I be here typing... I am thankful...
I can relate. When I came home from Viet Nam, I had a hard time coping till the Lord convinced me of the error of my ways. After a bad day, I can still hear and see memories I don't want. My job was to protect people and sometimes it wasn't possible. Jan woke me up the other night and said I was kicking and screaming no. I told her I didn't remember what it was about, but I was dreaming I was in a railroad car and there were some Vietnamese behind me, including a 19 year old girl who worked for us. I was trying to protect them from Viet Cong who had opened the door and coming in, but I was helpless.

I had a great day today! I was happy and in a good mood, and you know what? Each and every person I met today was in a good mood too. I just counted up 7 people that I talked to today for longer than a minute. I had a conversation with them. Each one of them ended with both of us smiling and going on about our lives.

One that stands out was an older feller who was wearing a Vietnam War cap. We were looking at the same table and I remarked to him that my family had that same table in the early 60's. He told me that he and his wife had had that table as well. He was disheveled, but not dirty. He had several days of beard and not a tooth in his head, but he had stuff to say and I had time to listen.

We did a couple of rows together and I told him about my father and I doing this very thing. He seemed happy to help me look for speakers and I know the feeling. Piddler malls are more fun when you are on a scavenger hunt for that one thing.

We found some speakers but none of them were appropriate for a golf cart. I knew I wouldn't find any, but the fun is in the hunt.

He told me he comes there often because he doesn't live far. I hope I see him again.
We hang out in PM's in the winter......before WuFlu.......I have seen that person........You know bertfan31,....it might have been the only person he has had conversation with in a while.....I have several items I have been on the search for............you are right it is more fun when you have a cause.....

Morning Legionnaires!

Back to the water today for more fishing. Temperature right now in the low 50's and supposed to go down to the mid 40's until about 0830 or so then starts going back up. Moderate to medium winds (10-20 mph for here) so bank fishing will be the order of the day.

Nothing else follows............................................................

This is what a service station looks like. Oh how I miss them.
277443244_10220122460721733_1599650117553324850_n.jpg
For this to be a perfect example of a service station.......there should be a big stack of Coca-Cola Cases......at one time Standard would give a 6 pack of the 6-1/2 oz size bottles for a fill up or 8 gals.....so you would have to put about $1.50-$2.00 worth of gas in your vehicle to get the free cokes......we never got the cokes........the old man would put 50 cents worth of gas and two quarts of recycled oil in his old 51 Ford pick up.....

Good morning! Supposed to be cold and windy outside. I'll take their word for it.

@Sawnee Cat I've worked at Crystal River before. I liked that area. Also worked at St. Lucie on the other side of your state. Never made it to the one in Miami. Turkey Point.

UNC passed us in all time wins a while back but then they fell on hard times and we took the lead again. Kansas won't have it that long. They've played more seasons than we have but we have a higher win percentage. That should count for something.

Listened to Jerry Eaves yesterday and he said that he wasn't officially on Payne's staff, but he was telling him to call Dontae Allen immediately and get him to Louisville. Swell. They'll make T-shirts about it.

@Bert Higginbotha glad you guys ate that bread. That was about the ryest rye bread I've ever eaten. You know I love a good rye.
Mmmmmmmm.......Linker's Rye Bread.........it was my favorite bread.......

The Cats are losing a lot of records that have been on the books for many years. I guess it is time to re-write the media guides and take out records that are no longer held by UK.

The Cats can also take out the Gold Standard talk and we are special and we are this and that. That is history now. A lot of UK fans seemed unconcerned so I guess it doesn't matter any more.

Of the ones saying it doesn't matter anymore, I would love to know their age. I would guess most, if not all are probably below 35.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 60°F and clear. Expecting 89°F for our high.

Visited emergency vet clinic again last night and stayed there for over 5 hours. Pup still not eating. Possible pancreatitis, but unsure. Pup stayed there overnight. Vet office just called and said pup acting much better after more medication. She's eating and holding food down. This has all been an expensive nightmare so far.

And then there were six. May watch a few more games today. Both my teams lost yesterday.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Spanish-Paella-Day.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 60°F and clear. Expecting 89°F for our high.

Visited emergency vet clinic again last night and stayed there for over 5 hours. Pup still not eating. Possible pancreatitis, but unsure. Pup stayed there overnight. Vet office just called and said pup acting much better after more medication. She's eating and holding food down. This has all been an expensive nightmare so far.

And then there were six. May watch a few more games today. Both my teams lost yesterday.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Spanish-Paella-Day.jpg
This my favorite Spanish cuisine and in my top 5 favorite of all cuisines. I prefer it with seafood and chorizo with a touch of saffron for coloring.

Most likely Kansas and UNC to round out the final four. Yukkiest.
This would be a nightmare. Of those four I would have to pull for the Villanova Wildcats and if they don't do it, then Kansas or UNC in that order. Just stop Duke. The 2022 NCAA Finals may be my least favorite of my lifetime.

Last edited:
If I were to fill out a bracket with the worst possible outcome this would have been it. Especially if Duke wins it all.
That may be the way I fill out my bracket next year for the big bucks. Just put in the opposite of what I think will happen. Can't be worse.
This would be a nightmare. Of those four I would have to pull for the Villanova Wildcats and if they don't do it, then Kansas or UNC in that order. Just stop Duke. The 2022 NCAA Finals may be my least favorite of my lifetime.
See below...
Yeah, I'm also pulling for Nova. Somehow I just knew Duke would make FF. Seemed predetermined by higher powers (cough cough CBS + NCAA).
We can probably go back in this thread and see where it was said as soon as K announced his retirement that Duke would win the tournament. Just like they did for Wooden.

Morning Legionnaires!

Back to the water today for more fishing. Temperature right now in the low 50's and supposed to go down to the mid 40's until about 0830 or so then starts going back up. Moderate to medium winds (10-20 mph for here) so bank fishing will be the order of the day.

Nothing else follows............................................................

Da Brudder GOT his marching orders too! Put some FISH in this pot!!! OR, it's Sam's or bust!

(Good Morning all.)

😁

Last edited:
King Cobra's Fight For Survival | On The Brink | Real Wild

Last edited:
Yes he is, that is some good playing there. And Rhonda is always on top of her game.

Rhonda is one of absolute best traditional

I had a Triumph with ape hanger handlebars in the late 60s. Loved the sound of that bike. The Harley guys didn't sneer at me nearly as much as they did the Jap bike riders.

Good afternoon, D-League!

Sun's a shinin but somebody musta bumped the "winter" button last week. 42° and on our way to NOT WARM. Not happy about it at all.

Since basketball is over, though, I'm excited about UK football once more. Gonna see if I can get into a practice or two somehow. I'm currently enjoyin time with my daughter watching the "baby cows" passing out in the pastures after their milkshake lunches.

Slept like a bear the past 2 days. May be ready to get sore again by tomorrow morning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT