ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

BPk1164Z_o.png

Understanding your pride makes me a little bit giddy.
Z3fvBV4L_o.jpg

Howdee! Back home safe and sound again. Well, I'm safe. Bought some more pieces for the shelves I was going to build. I say "was" because now it has turned into a large cabinet with doors. I'll go to Lowes and pick up some hinges this weekend. I like to use those soft close hinges, seems civilized.

I almost stopped and got something to eat while I was out and then I remembered there was some ham in the fridge. I knew I had some swiss cheese and a few slices of rye bread left. Threw on some lettuce and a couple of slices of tomato along with some homemade mayo. I could get fat on those!

If it weren't for alcohol, I doubt any of those would have done much lip touching. Maybe with each other.

Just read where a lot of people are complaining about Chet Holmgren fouling out last night. I'm so tired of the idiots they hire to talk over the game who don't know the rules. That semi-circle under the basket is there for a reason. So Chet couldn't do what he was doing. He was not the primary defender. Verticality means nothing in that situation. He was the secondary defender and all he has to do is touch the offensive player while he's going up for a shot. I wonder how many times he's done that this year and not been called for it?

Hate to say it, but Doug Shows got that one right.

The semi-circle is also known as the restricted zone. The circle signifies the line where players can and cannot pick up a charge. If someone is trying to pick up a charge and is standing inside the semi-circle (or closer to the basket), then they are inside the restricted zone and will not pick up a charge, but rather a foul, having the other player involved shooting free throws. If the person is outside the restricted zone, then the person gets the charge and the other player picks up the foul.

They's a lie...😉
Some fibbers, that's for sure. I had a bottle of this and it didn't last long but created lots of giggles among the wives, sisters & daughters.
WhS_guitar_horiz_LO.jpg

They quit bottling this bourbon, but the bottle seems to have magic. Never gets empty. The ladies vanish, Then off in the distance, howls & giggles. I eat & be merry convinced someone in my tree must have been deaf, dumb and blind.​

Last edited:
Back from the pub. Great time. We held this event in memory of our beloved Shirley, the lovely lady standing 2nd from right. Totally selfless. She retired in 2020, age 70, and moved from TX to be close to her mother in Maryland. Passed away last week. Her mom is 96. Amazing lady. She always put others ahead of herself. Understood mainframe computing like no other. Really miss her. Photo taken by me on Christmas Eve, 2016.

15672568_10210837198946608_7273216746513852683_n.jpg
I could party with the swigging blond in front.

Y'all are making interesting comments about the NCAA tournament. I admit I tore mine up when UK failed to show up and threw it away. It would be painful to watch so I have not followed it.
I spent my later evening watching the USA-Mexico World Cup qualifier match. Wound up cero-cero. We had the better chances but blew two point blank shots.

I had a great day today! I was happy and in a good mood, and you know what? Each and every person I met today was in a good mood too. I just counted up 7 people that I talked to today for longer than a minute. I had a conversation with them. Each one of them ended with both of us smiling and going on about our lives.

One that stands out was an older feller who was wearing a Vietnam War cap. We were looking at the same table and I remarked to him that my family had that same table in the early 60's. He told me that he and his wife had had that table as well. He was disheveled, but not dirty. He had several days of beard and not a tooth in his head, but he had stuff to say and I had time to listen.

We did a couple of rows together and I told him about my father and I doing this very thing. He seemed happy to help me look for speakers and I know the feeling. Piddler malls are more fun when you are on a scavenger hunt for that one thing.

We found some speakers but none of them were appropriate for a golf cart. I knew I wouldn't find any, but the fun is in the hunt.

He told me he comes there often because he doesn't live far. I hope I see him again.

I had a great day today! I was happy and in a good mood, and you know what? Each and every person I met today was in a good mood too. I just counted up 7 people that I talked to today for longer than a minute. I had a conversation with them. Each one of them ended with both of us smiling and going on about our lives.

One that stands out was an older feller who was wearing a Vietnam War cap. We were looking at the same table and I remarked to him that my family had that same table in the early 60's. He told me that he and his wife had had that table as well. He was disheveled, but not dirty. He had several days of beard and not a tooth in his head, but he had stuff to say and I had time to listen.

We did a couple of rows together and I told him about my father and I doing this very thing. He seemed happy to help me look for speakers and I know the feeling. Piddler malls are more fun when you are on a scavenger hunt for that one thing.

We found some speakers but none of them were appropriate for a golf cart. I knew I wouldn't find any, but the fun is in the hunt.

He told me he comes there often because he doesn't live far. I hope I see him again.
Here's your next project.

Are you looking for permanent speakers or portable speakers? Check these out:

https://www.rtings.com/speaker/reviews/best/golf-cart
I've got a bluetooth speaker now. I've purchased a powered head unit and need passive speakers. Can go down to 4 ohm. Head unit is 4 channel but I'll bridge it to 2. I have 2 6.5" drivers now that I can build a simple enclosure for that will fit my cart. Looks like that's the plan. For now.

If, St. Peters wins the NC. Then, is it a bad loss? Can we not say that it wouldn't have mattered if we played them in the first game, or the fifth? Just mental jello. Duke will win the 2022 NC and K will forever be absolved of being one of the biggest pieces of shit in history.

Kansas/Duke in the title game. How bad does that suck? Or Kansas/UNC. Either way it's bad. Now I'm kind of pulling for Villanova. Maybe, just maybe Arkansas pulls off the upset tomorrow night. Oh wait, UCLA in the picture too. Arghhhhhh! Go Houston.
I watched a few games at Bert's house on that Friday, but I haven't watched a second since then. I don't want Duke to win, but I've prepared myself for that scenario. I'm fine with it. It has absolutely no impact on my life whatsoever. I'll deal with it like a storm. It comes, it goes, it's gone.

Y'all are making interesting comments about the NCAA tournament. I admit I tore mine up when UK failed to show up and threw it away. It would be painful to watch so I have not followed it.

I am convinced those in charge are pushing for Duke to take the trophy.
When I heard it was his last season, I figured he would wind up winning it all in the end.

Here is a picture of a nuclear plant that I've worked on. The large cylinder at the bottom is a torus. The cap that is lying in the foreground is called the reactor head. It weighs about 110 tons. I've been under that particular one, at least 12 times. TVA administration decided in the 1990's that I was the guy for those inspections.

800px-Browns_Ferry_Unit_1_under_construction.jpg

I've also been inside all the larger pipes leading to the torus.

Weird to see it like that knowing how much building is all around that engine in its current state. I'm thinking about contacting them and seeing about working an outage.

By the way, that plant in Alabama is the exact same design as the one in Fukushima Japan. In fact, I was at that plant the night the tsunami hit and was watching the whole thing on the internet at work.

A few weeks later a bunch of Japanese dudes came over to check out our plant.

Japan had their diesel fuel out back in large tanks. They were washed away by the tidal wave. Alabama has theirs buried underground in case of tornados. Diesel fuel is crucial if there is a disruption in off site power. Fuel in the core as well as spent fuel on site must be kept cool or it will melt.

If Japan would have had underground storage for their diesel fuel then they wouldn't have had the problem they had.

Once again. Not a nuclear power problem. This was a human problem. Just like every other nuclear "incident". The Japanese were operating under the assumption that no wave would ever reach high enough to affect them. They were wrong and now they know better.

I said all that drivel to say this, I read that Biden is pushing for more nuclear power! Tell you what. If you want more nuclear power, then the next time you want to throw away a trillion dollars, build 300 nuclear power plants! Screw all the solar and wind.

I assume you're looking for weather update. This sunny weekend daily highs lower 90s lower 60s lows. Stormy Tuesday in the 60s and potential for maybe a quarter of an inch. Wednesday sun and temps return to normals between mid 70s to mid 50s. Glorius weather for us as good as it gets.
I just saw that the southwest was going to have some heat. Lower 90's is hot here but I guess in Arizona it ain't that hot!

Howdee! Back home safe and sound again. Well, I'm safe. Bought some more pieces for the shelves I was going to build. I say "was" because now it has turned into a large cabinet with doors. I'll go to Lowes and pick up some hinges this weekend. I like to use those soft close hinges, seems civilized.

I almost stopped and got something to eat while I was out and then I remembered there was some ham in the fridge. I knew I had some swiss cheese and a few slices of rye bread left. Threw on some lettuce and a couple of slices of tomato along with some homemade mayo. I could get fat on those!
Sherry and I finished off your rye bread with ham and swiss.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 51°F and clear. Today's high peaking at 92°F.

I spent between 2-6 pm yesterday at veterinarian's office. Pup is real sick. Unknown if she'll make it. Apparently, she's got gastrointestinal issues. Started throwing up early yesterday morning. Finally stopped after vet provided her with anti-nausea medication. She's obviously in pain this morning, and looks around but still has not got up. Hoping for the best.

Watched some college basketball last night. Saint Peter's is indeed this season's Cinderella. ACC still has 3 teams in Elite 8. I'm a Cougars and Razorbacks fan today.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Spinach-Day-768x432.jpg

Here is a picture of a nuclear plant that I've worked on. The large cylinder at the bottom is a torus. The cap that is lying in the foreground is called the reactor head. It weighs about 110 tons. I've been under that particular one, at least 12 times. TVA administration decided in the 1990's that I was the guy for those inspections.

800px-Browns_Ferry_Unit_1_under_construction.jpg

I've also been inside all the larger pipes leading to the torus.

Weird to see it like that knowing how much building is all around that engine in its current state. I'm thinking about contacting them and seeing about working an outage.

By the way, that plant in Alabama is the exact same design as the one in Fukushima Japan. In fact, I was at that plant the night the tsunami hit and was watching the whole thing on the internet at work.

A few weeks later a bunch of Japanese dudes came over to check out our plant.

Japan had their diesel fuel out back in large tanks. They were washed away by the tidal wave. Alabama has theirs buried underground in case of tornados. Diesel fuel is crucial if there is a disruption in off site power. Fuel in the core as well as spent fuel on site must be kept cool or it will melt.

If Japan would have had underground storage for their diesel fuel then they wouldn't have had the problem they had.

Once again. Not a nuclear power problem. This was a human problem. Just like every other nuclear "incident". The Japanese were operating under the assumption that no wave would ever reach high enough to affect them. They were wrong and now they know better.

I said all that drivel to say this, I read that Biden is pushing for more nuclear power! Tell you what. If you want more nuclear power, then the next time you want to throw away a trillion dollars, build 300 nuclear power plants! Screw all the solar and wind.
Well said. I have long been and always was a proponent of nuclear power. It would solve most of our energy issues in a clean and safe manner. Wind and solar be damned. I have solar panels to heat my swimming pool and water heater so there is a place for it.

We had a nuclear power plant a few miles from where I live and they shut it down. There was never a negative issue with it. Not one. But they shut it down.

8140-file.jpeg

The locals were not not happy about the decision from Duke Energy to close it. It was an 860 MW plant and provided 26% of the total taxes in Citrus County. It was probably the safest and cleanest power produced . But the word nuclear makes people freak out and close it they did.

It is a sunny 38.7°F on our way to a cool 51° for a high.

I wish the the Kentucky team that beat the crap out of UNC and KU had showed up for the NCAA. I actually thought UCLA would beat UNC but this year everything is opposite of what I think.

Kansas passed UK in all time wins so we are screwed again.

Good morning all,

I opened my eyes to a beautiful cool 55° with the sun rising . Now it is 63° as we head up to a high of 70°. 0% chance of rain which is perfect for the boys in Spring Training around the state. Baseball is the air in Florida as basketball is as popular here as ice hockey in Jamaica.

I see we lost our all time lead in games won to Kansas. A lot of fans are counting on the NCAA to take away a number of their games which will put us back on top. I doubt that happens. But we shall see. A lot of UK fans don't seem to care but I do..

Trust all are doing well

They are reporting record crowds down here which is good. And no masks

Spring-training-Large.jpg

It is a sunny 38.7°F on our way to a cool 51° for a high.

I wish the the Kentucky team that beat the crap out of UNC and KU had showed up for the NCAA. I actually thought UCLA would beat UNC but this year everything is opposite of what I think.

Kansas passed UK in all time wins so we are screwed again.
To add insult to injury UNC just passed UK for all-time NCAA tournament victories.

St. Peters with BLM shirts. UGH! Who do you pull for, UNC or UCLA. I guess I'll hold my nose and hope UCLA wins.
Got to keep UCLA out to give us a chance to overtake them in the future in championships. Got to keep Kansas out so they don't get too far ahead of us in overall wins. I believe they are ahead of us by two now.

To add insult to injury UNC just passed UK for all-time NCAA tournament victories.
The Cats are losing a lot of records that have been on the books for many years. I guess it is time to re-write the media guides and take out records that are no longer held by UK.

The Cats can also take out the Gold Standard talk and we are special and we are this and that. That is history now. A lot of UK fans seemed unconcerned so I guess it doesn't matter any more.

I just saw that the southwest was going to have some heat. Lower 90's is hot here but I guess in Arizona it ain't that hot!
It's 60° right now, heat up to around 95° around 4. Tuesday's AM Pacific storm that is expected to be a statewide frontal event shoud help with your April showers and it will be in the mid 60s all day.
tumblr_pwvzhnVCLD1s30ko5o1_500.gif

That is history now. A lot of UK fans seemed unconcerned so I guess it doesn't matter any more.
I'm hearing that sentiment about EVERYTHING! Not just basketball. To me, from outside the box, looks like the lemmings are cancelling themselves.
giphy.gif

Good morning! Supposed to be cold and windy outside. I'll take their word for it.

@Sawnee Cat I've worked at Crystal River before. I liked that area. Also worked at St. Lucie on the other side of your state. Never made it to the one in Miami. Turkey Point.

UNC passed us in all time wins a while back but then they fell on hard times and we took the lead again. Kansas won't have it that long. They've played more seasons than we have but we have a higher win percentage. That should count for something.

Listened to Jerry Eaves yesterday and he said that he wasn't officially on Payne's staff, but he was telling him to call Dontae Allen immediately and get him to Louisville. Swell. They'll make T-shirts about it.

@Bert Higginbotha glad you guys ate that bread. That was about the ryest rye bread I've ever eaten. You know I love a good rye.

@bertfan31
@Sawnee Cat I've worked at Crystal River before. I liked that area. Also worked at St. Lucie on the other side of your state. Never made it to the one in Miami. Turkey Point.

A lot of folks were upset around here when Duke decommissioned the plant. The economy took a hit but they are building it back. Still there no sense in Duke bowing to the New Green Deal. Greenies will never like an energy supplier. One positive thing is the commercial fisherman say they are getting better catches now. I doubt it has anything to do with the plant but if they do, then good.

Listened to Jerry Eaves yesterday and he said that he wasn't officially on Payne's staff, but he was telling him to call Dontae Allen immediately and get him to Louisville. Swell. They'll make T-shirts about it.

I hope Reed Sheppard has a better career than Allen and I don't see why he shouldn't. I like to see Kentucky boys stars shine at UK. Very few get that opportunity anymore.

@Bert Higginbotha glad you guys ate that bread. That was about the ryest rye bread I've ever eaten. You know I love a good rye

I am cooking three gallons of hot dog sauce (chili) from an old family recipe that goes back over 100 years. I freeze it in small packs and have it ready when we serve hot dogs.

@bertfan31

A lot of folks were upset around here when Duke decommissioned the plant. The economy took a hit but they are building it back. Still there no sense in Duke bowing to the New Green Deal. Greenies will never like an energy supplier. One positive thing is the commercial fisherman say they are getting better catches now. I doubt it has anything to do with the plant but if they do, then good.

I hope Reed Sheppard has a better career than Allen and I don't see why he shouldn't. I like to see Kentucky boys stars shine at UK. Very few get that opportunity anymore.

@Bert Higginbotha glad you guys ate that bread. That was about the ryest rye bread I've ever eaten. You know I love a good rye

I am cooking three gallons of hot dog sauce (chili) from an old family recipe that goes back over 100 years. I freeze it in small packs and have it ready when we serve hot dogs.

Hello All,

Been busy today already NOW I have to uh...work these taxes... First my supper yesterday...

276041917_5510256515654550_8084641910454217138_n.jpg

Most enjoy as I do chicken and dumplings... this is a Beef dumpling soup... real simple (This coming from a guy who has never made it but has indulged many times.)

Green onions, dumplings (made thin), onions, a little garlic, salt, and pepper to taste and some beef as you see. My Darling makes her own beef broth but I guess canned beef broth would taste good as well.

My Darling has some seaweed in the soup but I was thinking some other sort of greens would set it off too.

This meal makes you feel good..... I cannot explain it better than that but it is a feel good meal. (Worth a try...)

Have a great day!

Last edited:
@bertfan31

I took some chili out of the freezer last night to eat this weekend.

The nuclear plants that I've heard of had a major increase in the number of fish around the discharge area. Evidently they like the warmer water. There was no fishing allowed in those areas though, because, terror. If they shut the plant down then maybe the fish moved on to places they could be caught.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT