ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

A woman:

5bf46f76b48f2bf9db459f204811a317.jpg
This same exact pic was taped up on my dresser next to my bed. Indeed a woman. Mama mia. Delicious.

Back from the pub. Great time. We held this event in memory of our beloved Shirley, the lovely lady standing 2nd from right. Totally selfless. She retired in 2020, age 70, and moved from TX to be close to her mother in Maryland. Passed away last week. Her mom is 96. Amazing lady. She always put others ahead of herself. Understood mainframe computing like no other. Really miss her. Photo taken by me on Christmas Eve, 2016.

15672568_10210837198946608_7273216746513852683_n.jpg

Do you want to know how elections affect our every day lives. Last Thursday (7 days ago) a squirrel ate through the fuel line on my wife's Audi. Of course the car was not drivable so we towed it to the dealer. A simple fuel line. This morning I get a call from the dealer that the part is on back order for another 3 weeks. Service Dept told me they have called all over America in an attempt to find one.

These backups are a problem all across our society. These are times when you think about elections. We have serious issues and things could get a lot worse. What if the problem was a computer chip and made in China?

The election cannot get here fast enough.
While I figured this administration would be bad, I never dreamt it would be this bad. I think 2 random people off the street would have been better than the 2 clowns in charge.

Had lunch today at the Wok and Roll in D.C.'s Chinatown. Yes, a clever name for a rather ordinary looking noodles and egg rolls joint. But check it out: In the mid-19th century, this building was the Mary Surratt Boarding House, and in 1865, the assassination of Lincoln was hatched here. A couple weeks after his death, police dragged Mary and co-conspirator Lewis Payne out of this place, and took them to DC jail for trial followed by a swift hanging.
Just one of those little details that makes Washington fun for history buffs.

As English Bob (the Duck of Death) said, we should have chosen a king ... or a queen. Nobody shoots a king or a queen.

Back from the pub. Great time. We held this event in memory of our beloved Shirley, the lovely lady standing 2nd from right. Totally selfless. She retired in 2020, age 70, and moved from TX to be close to her mother in Maryland. Passed away last week. Her mom is 96. Amazing lady. She always put others ahead of herself. Understood mainframe computing like no other. Really miss her. Photo taken by me on Christmas Eve, 2016.

15672568_10210837198946608_7273216746513852683_n.jpg
God bless Shirley. Must have been a hell of a woman. We probably had a lot in common.

While I figured this administration would be bad, I never dreamt it would be this bad. I think 2 random people off the street would have been better than the 2 clowns in charge.

When Emperor Tiberius, having no sons, chose his nephew Caligula to succeed him, the people said "Why not - he couldn't be any worse." Caligula was assassinated after only six years.

People said, "Let's let Joe Biden run things - things couldn't be any worse than they are with Trump".

His next atrocity? Putting a person on the SC for the next 30 years who does not know the difference between a man and a woman.

Last edited:
When Emperor Tiberius, having no sons, chose his nephew Caligula to succeed him, the people said "Why not - he couldn't be any worse." Caligula was assassinated after only six years.

People said, "Let's let Joe Biden run things - things couldn't be any worse than they are with Trump".

His next atrocity? Putting a person on the SC for the next 30 years who does not know the difference between a man and a woman.
The people thinking Biden was going to be better than Trump had an IQ smaller than my shoe size.

I think 2 random people off the street would have been better than the 2 clowns in charge.
That's because random people understand if ain't broke don't fix it. The clowns are following an agenda to tear it down with very little knowledge or wisdom concerning who, what, when, where, or how either before or after. It's a mess.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 44°F and clear. Weatherman just said we expect 85°F for our high. Meh, we'll take it.

Remember the kid whose truck flipped over by tornado and he nevertheless drove off? Chevy dealer in Fort Worth plans on giving his family a new red pickup. Heh, good for them.

Duke beat Texas Tech last night. Bah.

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

event-waffleday.png

75° for a high today, 42° right now and supposed to stay in the 40's until around 0900. Will hit the waters about 0830 hoping the sun has the bass jumping. Took the wife shopping after she got off work yesterday so I could go today. We ended at Sams picking up some groceries there and she looked at the fish prices (was going to buy) and turned to me and said: "Do you think I should get some or are you going to bring some bass home for the first time this year." I told her that I had a feeling that tomorrow was going to be a good day.

Good Friday morning D League

I received a call last night from my granddaughter with word U.S. Representative Andy Barr of Lexington, KY called her to say he made an appointment on her behalf to the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO. She will graduate from high school and report in mid June.

She is the first on my side of the family that will serve in the Air Force, my folks were all Navy and Army. But my wife's side has quite a few Air Force veterans.

Our family prayers will be with her as she ventures out into the Wild Blue Yonder. Congrats young lady.

50-507720_air-force-falcons-logo-png-united-states-air.png

Good morning from ATX. Currently 44°F and clear. Weatherman just said we expect 85°F for our high. Meh, we'll take it.

Remember the kid whose truck flipped over by tornado and he nevertheless drove off? Chevy dealer in Fort Worth plans on giving his family a new red pickup. Heh, good for them.

Duke beat Texas Tech last night. Bah.

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

event-waffleday.png

Was hoping TT would come up big. Disappointing

I received a call last night from my granddaughter with word U.S. Representative Andy Barr of Lexington, KY called her to say he made an appointment on her behalf to the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO. She will graduate from high school and report in mid June.

She is the first on my side of the family that will serve in the Air Force, my folks were all Navy and Army. But my wife's side has quite a few Air Force veterans.

Our family prayers will be with her as she ventures out into the Wild Blue Yonder. Congrats young lady.

Congratulations to you and to your granddaughter! That's huge!

Great news about your GD! You should be proud.

Was hoping TT would come up big. Disappointing
I've almost resigned myself to the fact that Coach K is getting another title. Arizona and Gonzaga lose and Kansas is the last #1 seed remaining. Duke has 3 first round picks including 2 lottery and a solid 2nd rounder. To make things worse it's very likely that there will be a Duke/UNC matchup in the Final 4. Just shoot me now.

I've almost resigned myself to the fact that Coach K is getting another title. Arizona and Gonzaga lose and Kansas is the last #1 seed remaining. Duke has 3 first round picks including 2 lottery and a solid 2nd rounder. To make things worse it's very likely that there will be a Duke/UNC matchup in the Final 4. Just shoot me now.

We could see it coming as soon as he announced he would no longer run through the maze for cheese. That's just one reason I'm not watching any of the tournament. The fix is in, so I'm out

We all know Duke was given the easy path to the final 4. Their region was the easiest by a long shot. Not subtle at all. Duke UNC F4 was the aim from the beginning. They split their games this year during the season and a rubber match is worth many millions to the people who make many millions off of sports.

What the hell is going on with my weather? 50° today, 44° tomorrow! It's almost like the weather and the climate does whatever it wants to do, whenever it wants to do it, and it doesn't matter what Man wants or does. I think we should pass a law. That works great for everything else.

We all know Duke was given the easy path to the final 4. Their region was the easiest by a long shot. Not subtle at all. Duke UNC F4 was the aim from the beginning. They split their games this year during the season and a rubber match is worth many millions to the people who make many millions off of sports.

What the hell is going on with my weather? 50° today, 44° tomorrow! It's almost like the weather and the climate does whatever it wants to do, whenever it wants to do it, and it doesn't matter what Man wants or does. I think we should pass a law. That works great for everything else.
We have 67° and sunshine, our high will be a mild 71° and a nice breeze. Pass a law.

Congrats to her. Way to go girl.

A cool 44.6°F and overcast day here and topping out at 53°.

I enjoyed the Arkansas game but went to bed before the Duke game was over. I got up too early yesterday morning.

I hope the powers lose but I agree with Ymmot that they will probably try to force a Duke championship.

The selection committee really did a poor job this year.

Morning Legionnaires!

35° this morning with a high in the mid 60's and moderate winds. Tomorrow will get up to mid 70's as will Saturday. Light winds at about 5 MPH for both days. That is rare and good kayak fishing weather. Wife took tomorrow off and wants to go shopping. I showed her the weather for the next 2 days and her next response was "Take me to work today and pick me up afterwards so we can shop tonight." Heh, heh, he, I've got her trained.
Friend the fact is.........she has you trained so well that you think you have her trained.......I can't explain it completely but.......it happens once you have been married a while....... one day you wake up and realize you've been had...........I remember the day clearly for myself....I decided I didn't care and rolled back over and went back to sleep.....

I hope all of you are well minus the grief of this so called program that is UK.

In any event the sun did come up the day after. Having some rough situations but they are not life threatening so far so they are not worth complaining about.

The good news is last nights supper...

277109430_5508160182530850_2663782123391956092_n.jpg

The most horrible news is...

276310873_5508159762530892_1751344276206561847_n.jpg

At the least this country should strive for this again!!!

277003262_5509056609107874_6744414993507828080_n.jpg

I'd state I am back but I really never left. Just shut up versus griping and complaining.....

God Bless you all and your families... For YOU, I am thankful!

Last edited:
Rooster I guess you are getting a lot of heat this week?
I assume you're looking for weather update. This sunny weekend daily highs lower 90s lows in lower 60s. Stormy Tuesday in the 60s and potential for maybe a quarter of an inch. Wednesday sun and temps return to normals between mid 70s to mid 50s. Glorius weather for us as good as it gets.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT