ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Wait a WHOLE YEAR for this??? Not worth it. I will still state I enjoy you all in this thread like you will never understand but this is ridiculous....

I am off now. Still not wasted though I am feeling no pain. Just cannot believe what some want accepted. Sorry, Cal is STILL KNEELING for BLM.

Please take this from a person who cherishes those in this thread. I am thankful for you but putting up with this show of non-character is not acceptable....

I've been a big Cal supporter since Day 1 but it may be time for a change. Sorry, not sour grapes. I can't believe I'm saying this because I'm a huge fan of the coach but I'm seeing things in the past few years that I don't like. Time to move on? Not convinced yet but questioning.

I've been a big Cal supporter since Day 1 but it may be time for a change. Sorry, not sour grapes. I can't believe I'm saying this because I'm a huge fan of the coach but I'm seeing things in the past few years that I don't like. Time to move on? Not convinced yet but questioning.
Never thought I would say this about UK, but I now look forward more to football season than basketball.

Never thought I would say this about UK, but I now look forward more to football season than basketball.
Since 2018, when Mark Stoops built competitive teams, I've honestly become a much more enthusiastic KY FB fan. I'll always support UK basketball, but UK football is my preferred sport.

Sad, sick loss.

Go Racers!

The hardest part of this season is the fact that many were predicting this team to win the national title. Damn the Cats were rolling after blowouts against Kansas and UT. The injury bug hit and they never really gained their momentum back. Late season though all players were healthy but never played like mid-season.

Since 2018, when Mark Stoops built competitive teams, I've honestly become a much more enthusiastic KY FB fan. I'll always support UK basketball, but UK football is my preferred sport.

Sad, sick loss.

Go Racers!
I just like the roster continuity of football so much more. You have a pretty good sense of who's coming back each year, plus you get to see players slowly develop over time(C-Rod). Not to mention, if you have a freshman or sophomore doing good, you know they're most likely going to be back(unless they transfer).

Sad, sick loss.

Go Racers!
UK loses to a 9th seed Kansas State team in 2018. Loses to an Auburn (#5 seed) team that they beat twice without their best player in 2019. Covid year 2020 could have been special. Disaster year in 2021. Goes down to #15 seed St. Peters in 2022. To be honest, UK basketball looks kind of sad right now. And I'm an optimist. Sorry really down in the dumps now.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 59°F and clear. We're under wind advisory. Expecting 74°F for our high.

"There's got to be a morning after....". Next month, I'll never hear the end about last night's loss from UT faction of my family back home. What a season-ending gut punch. The St. Patrick's Day Shocker.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-SLOPPY-JOE-DAY-%E2%80%93-March-18.png

Morning Legionnaires!

60's on tap with 35-40mph winds today.

Not sure what I am going to do today since interest has gone for the tourney. Will be fishing tomorrow though.

@AustinTXCat when are we going to have a Sleepy Joe sandwich day? This sums it up: His supporters would say this to him for destroying the economy.

Shit_Sandwich.jpg

Good morning folks. Tough times for Cat fans. Feels like all one can do is wall off the anger and disappointment and focus on the other things in life that bring contentment and more satisfaction. I can feel spring coming here in the east, and that's a good place to start.

Talked via telephone yesterday for my job with an International Committee for the Red Cross worker in Romania -- working in the refugee camps on the Ukraine border. That certainly puts things in perspective, as, in an opposite way, does having two of my children home for visits.

Anyway, hope you all have a good day.

Good morning folks. Tough times for Cat fans. Feels like all one can do is wall off the anger and disappointment and focus on the other things in life that bring contentment and more satisfaction. I can feel spring coming here in the east, and that's a good place to start.

Talked via telephone yesterday for my job with an International Committee for the Red Cross worker in Romania -- working in the refugee camps on the Ukraine border. That certainly puts things in perspective, as, in an opposite way, does having two of my children home for visits.

Anyway, hope you all have a good day.
Focus on the important things in life. I like that. I have some good news this morning. I am digging a well and we finally hit bedrock. We are about 175' deep. That means the light at the end of the tunnel is shinning bright.

On a more sobering moment, my wife's Audi is in the garage. She went to start it a few days ago and gasoline started pouring out from under the hood onto the engine block. If the economy was better and life more certain I would probably trade it in for her but we decided to repair it. That was an expense not expected. So life goes on.

Cal has his millions and his players can go to the draft so I am certain he is feeling good this morning. After all it was just another game. But for UK it is historic. We join the 15 Beats 2 Club.

Morning folks. The Cats did not show up again. I think that may be one of the worst defeats in my UK history.

It is a cloudy 57.9°F on our way to 68° and 90 percent chance of rain.

We had to turn on the AC last night.
I agree Bert. Before last night I would have rated the Middle Tennessee loss in 1982 as the worst but the Cats were only a 6 seed then.

So how much time does the smallest one have left? Will the second one survive?

Oops, didn't see the biggie tearing into little one. Call child protective services.
River has hatched 3 eaglets twice before. Normal for eagles is 2. The 3rd egg is an insurance. When she raised 3 to fledge the adult pair worked hard. The 2nd time the largest more aggressive one flopped out of the nest. and the runt became the 2nd nestling and 2 fledged. Eagles are not owls where during stressful periods, the smallest may be sacrificed and fed to the largest. Eagles fight to exist. Competition in the world selects via competitive exclusion. River is an eagle, not a nurse. She feeds them all, if they raise their heads. They must fight to survive. Competition with two larger siblings was not unexpected. In order DH 14 the 1st to hatch is the 2nd largest (♂?). E15 the 2nd to hatch the largest (♀?). The smallest E DH 16 was the last to hatch struggled at hatching and was not strong enough to free itself from the egg and required assistance from River. This runt (DH 16) is the most vulnerable, unable to feed, will likely pass. Mortality rates of 1st year birds of prey is very high because they must fight.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT