ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I cooked some baby backs last night in the instantPot. I poured about half a cup of some kind of bbq sauce in the pot and added water. All I put on the ribs was salt and pepper. 35 minutes and it was under the broiler, nearly touching the broiler, for 5 minutes. Take em out and put on some Baby Ray's and back under the broiler for another 5 minutes.

This was a very meaty rack. Got it for half price at 10 bucks. Might just be the best ribs I've ever had. I've had a lot of ribs.

Yeah, that was the great miscalculation by the Bush administration -- that with Iran pouring weapons into the hands of the majority Shia who'd been kept under Saddam's thumb using incredible brutality -- and with the Sunni facing the loss of generations of status as the minority sect who, under Saddam, dominated political, social and cultural life - and with the groups absolutely hating each other, America had any chance to keep that place from becoming a bloodbath for nearly a decade.

By 9/11 I'd been to Iraq a half dozen times, and had gotten to know a lot of people there. I felt in my bones what was going to happen when we toppled Saddam. But no one was listening to the likes of me .
When I got up and heard that we had invaded Iraq I told my wife, "big mistake."

Gizzards aren't the answer to anything Sir!
delicious-meal-picture-id1295387158

I thought the same thing. Thunderbird. When I was in college you could buy a bottle of Thunderbird for less than a dollar. It made many a good boy CRAZY
For a bottle apoat "white port", Thirsty the wino would bootleg what ever we wanted to the tracks next door.
632532414248041941.jpg

Good morning

National-Artichoke-Hearts-Day-March-16.png
483312_scottsdale_community_college.png

Boones Farm. I'm cheap.
c9e7d986f14c1b7e674ce5337eae8638.jpg

I really don't like the idea of the sun not coming up till 9 a.m. Nov-Jan. Bad for kids imo.
Now that I'm retired I'm organic. It's sunrise.

I never understood how they could be so popular for just being. No talent, just drama. Yeah, I know, drama seems to drive the money train these days.

As they used to say about Zsa Zsa Gabor (boy, am I revealing my age), famous for being famous.

Unless there was a fuss being made I would not recognize any of that outfit if I passed them on the street

Good morning from ATX. Currently 54°F and clear. Expecting high around 81°F.

Game tonight, y'all. Advance and survive. Guess we'll find out if Saint Peter's is as good as advertised.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day. Plan on drinking some Guinness tonight.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Corned-Beef-and-Cabbage-Day-March-17-1-1024x512.jpg

Good Happy St Patrick's Day morning

I am Scots-Irish (Ulster) so we do not celebrate St Pattie's Day but we do enjoy the festivities and I do enjoy a good corned beef and cabbage meal and the picture Austin threw up is mighty appetizing. This is exactly what's for supper tonight.

It should be a nice day with a temperature now at 61° as we travel up to 81° with plenty of sunshine. If you are getting up right now look out the window at that full moon reflecting in the lake and swimming pool. A beautiful clear sky to boot.

Trust all are well

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teRoLE1X2hYIFP8V4dd_DsCf

Good morning folks.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day.

My wife’s family is pure Irish, to the point her father owned a property outside Dublin. We used to celebrate pretty large at one of DC’s many Irish pubs. It’ll probably be more low-key today.

Cats start their tourney run today. Let’s hope for some magic.

One other quick note, for those of us who grew up loving baseball, and specifically a small market team like the Reds: Dodgers win 106 games but lose to Braves in playoffs. So, sign Freddy Freeman for $128 million. That’s the bull-bleep that has killed the sport - and it happens the same week the Reds are in a fire sale because they can’t afford guys like Jesse Winker.

Last edited:

Morning Legionnaires!

76° for a high today wind 20-25mph winds (normal).

Like others I too am Scotts/Irish. With a last name that starts with Mc it is pretty much a no brainer. As stated before, my father left when I was about 6 or 7 years old, so I never knew much about our history, but my brother went to one of these sites that claims to be able to research it for you including finding your coat-of-arms. I really don't trust these sites because they cost you a bit to find out. We (wife and I) did do a DNA test and most of mine is from that area. I don't celebrate St. Patricks' Day either, but my wife just put some corned beef in the cooker for tonight. 4lbs for $22.00. I told her it was not worth it but, she did it anyway.

OH, and BY THE WAY. IT'S GAME DAY!

Game-day.gif

Last edited:
Good morning D-League. Back in the office. Not optimum but not torture so far. We even got a free lunch yesterday. And no mask madness inside the building, though I have to carry one to half-wear on the subway.

I note another TV journalist - this one with Fox - killed in the Ukraine yesterday. Getting 'fluid' over there, as my Croatian driver used to say driving around Bosnia. I didn't know either of the two killed so far, but heard from a buddy who was a print journalist for USA Today, then became a producer for CBS, who knew them both, and considered them solid guys.

That friend is still dealing with the aftermath of being with Marines on patrol in Iraq in 2007 when an IED went off. A couple Marines killed, and my buddy has nearly 100 percent hearing loss still, and has never regained his balance totally from inner ear damage. So wish those guys well over there. I can tell you most of them -- even the ones working for news organizations that at the top are totally biased -- are just guys who love the job and are pursuing it where it takes them.

Its the eve of the tournament. Way past the moment when I can look at things objectively. But I do feel the Cats will recapture their shooting touch and get on a little roll this week. We'll see.

I thought of you when I heard the news. Sorry to hear about your friend and colleagues.

Good morning, D-League!

I have an artist friend that showed me a painting he'd started in 1991 but never finished. Told me he had a dream that year that we went back to Iraq and Bush was president again. He had been talking to a Marine about the war at the time. So he started that painting about it, but didn't know how the dream finished and left it as is.

His mom confirmed that he'd told her about it and she thought he was full of it at the time. He told her it was the beginning of something besides the end of Iraq even though he didn't understand how it ended. In that same recurring dream he had also dreamed about 2 huge buildings falling down that looked like the WTC but, knowing how they were built througj his history of architecture classes, and the landscape of the dream, didn’t think it could be them. As he was painting that scene, it never looked right to him.

At the very end of the dream there was a fence around all of the big buildings and a camou tank drove into the scene. When he realized that it was pointing at American civilians and not an enemy he climbed onto the tank. Tried to get inside to see who was in it, then the dream ended.

Even though his dream was right, except it was a different Bush he knew nothing about at the time, he was going to throw it away. I took the unfinished painting from him and still have it in my shed or other storage somewhere. Need to see if he'll finish it now. @MdWIldcat55 post reminded me of it just now. Hadn't thought about it in years.

I'll ask him if he's had any other dreams, like say, who wins the tournament this year. He called 98 for the Cats at the beginning of the SEC schedule that year. Everyone laughed at him, including me. If it wasn't for him, though, I wouldn't have driven to San Antonio to see the game.

Hope yall have a great day. I'm sore again from cutting tree limbs and vines away from power lines yesterday. God was good to me. No electrical lines cut or damaged. No shocks. No divots in my head from falling limbs. Just sore

Digging and raking and cutting today.aybe some painting. Not much like the Irish celebrations of my youth when I wanted to see the Chicago River run green. Maybe some whiskey before bed.

GO CATS!!

Good morning, D-League!

I have an artist friend that showed me a painting he'd started in 1991 but never finished. Told me he had a dream that year that we went back to Iraq and Bush was president again. He had been talking to a Marine about the war at the time. So he started that painting about it, but didn't know how the dream finished and left it as is.

His mom confirmed that he'd told her about it and she thought he was full of it at the time. He told her it was the beginning of something besides the end of Iraq even though he didn't understand how it ended. In that same recurring dream he had also dreamed about 2 huge buildings falling down that looked like the WTC but, knowing how they were built througj his history of architecture classes, and the landscape of the dream, didn’t think it could be them. As he was painting that scene, it never looked right to him.

At the very end of the dream there was a fence around all of the big buildings and a camou tank drove into the scene. When he realized that it was pointing at American civilians and not an enemy he climbed onto the tank. Tried to get inside to see who was in it, then the dream ended.

Even though his dream was right, except it was a different Bush he knew nothing about at the time, he was going to throw it away. I took the unfinished painting from him and still have it in my shed or other storage somewhere. Need to see if he'll finish it now. @MdWIldcat55 post reminded me of it just now. Hadn't thought about it in years.

I'll ask him if he's had any other dreams, like say, who wins the tournament this year. He called 98 for the Cats at the beginning of the SEC schedule that year. Everyone laughed at him, including me. If it wasn't for him, though, I wouldn't have driven to San Antonio to see the game.

Hope yall have a great day. I'm sore again from cutting tree limbs and vines away from power lines yesterday. God was good to me. No electrical lines cut or damaged. No shocks. No divots in my head from falling limbs. Just sore

Digging and raking and cutting today.aybe some painting. Not much like the Irish celebrations of my youth when I wanted to see the Chicago River run green. Maybe some whiskey before bed.

GO CATS!!

Whiskey!!! That's a good idea. (Only have two Yuenglings left from my Christmas stash.) I have the Japanese Whiskey I received as a gift. Heck, if that "ain't" Irish, nothing is.... 😁

270098876_5209189289094609_7009287406745552603_n.jpg

Need to figure out a good mixer though... I have a 2 liter of Diet Coke that Walmart \dropped off as their gift to my favorite charity I haven't touched yet.... HA, now I have the plan!!!

Edi: I guess the true way to drink it is straight. May have to be a purist about it this time to engulf the mood..... Got plenty of ice but may forgo....

Now I KNOW I am watching "The Quiet Man" if the Lord doesn't take me home...

Last edited:
Good morning, D-League!

GO CATS!!
You have a publisher for this. Wasn't planning on reading today.;)

Whiskey!!! That's a good idea. (Only have two Yuenglings left from my Christmas stash.) I have the Japanese Whiskey I received as a gift. Heck, if that "ain't" Irish, nothing is.... 😁

270098876_5209189289094609_7009287406745552603_n.jpg

Need to figure out a good mixer though... I have a 2 liter of Diet Coke that Walmart \dropped off as their gift to my favorite charity I haven't touched yet.... HA, now I have the plan!!!

Edi: I guess the true way to drink it is straight. May have to be a purist about it this time to engulf the mood..... Got plenty of ice but may forgo....

Now I KNOW I am watching "The Quiet Man" if the Lord doesn't take me home...
Scotlanders spell it "whisky".

I wanted to have my DNA run at one time, as I am 100% mutt.

Supposedly, I'm Swedish, Irish, Norwegian, German, native American, English (Welsh?), with some Asian (could be the native American) and African and/or middle eastern in there somewhere. Depends on who you talk to

I wanted to have my DNA run at one time, as I am 100% mutt.

Supposedly, I'm Swedish, Irish, Norwegian, German, native American, English (Welsh?), with some Asian (could be the native American) and African and/or middle eastern in there somewhere. Depends on who you talk to

I think of myself as well-blended. Like Walmart $7.99 blender type blended. Heck my Dad told me our family came over on the Mayflower..................the ones in chains...in the hole.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT