ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

The 2nd largest house in the world at 400,000 square feet. India.

mukesh-ambani-antilla-home-mumbai-1366x768.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 58°F and clear with a light wind. Today's high expected at around 76°F. Fire danger to our northwest.

Plan on filling out brackets tonight. I think Cats look good going into Final Four, but ya never know.

Keeping it short this morning.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-PEARS-HELENE-DAY-%E2%80%93-March-15.png

Good morning D-League. Well, today's the day -- heading back to my offices in the Penn Quarter section of downtown D.C. Heading out to get on the subway for the first time in almost exactly two years in a little while.

To say I ain't happy to be rejoining the commuting rat race is a massive understatement. Working from home for two years has been a blessing -- and it has worked out well in terms of production and work quality. But bureaucrats of the type who inevitably end up running organizations can never see things like that. To them, process - moving toward a centralized organization with more meetings and memos and conferences - is always the goal.

Things are good otherwise. My son is in for a visit during UK's spring break so I have two kids back under my roof which feels good. I hope it is a good day for all of you.

We're car shopping for my wife and this is probably the worst time in history for such an endeavor.
I listen to morning radio, which I am doing right now. Two men were discussing gas prices and one said he found a station that sells it for $3.89. They were rejoicing. The other one said President Biden has been working hard and battling the oil companies and Russia to get the prices lower. He said this is proof President Biden is the man America needs at this moment. CLICK AND STATION CHANGE.

How can people be this stupid and brain dead. Biden doesn't even know what the price of gas is.

Good morning, D-League!

Feeling under the weather just in time for a couple nice weather days. Hope what I got doesn't hit your family, and that you have a stellar day!

God is good! I don't deserve his blessings, but He faithfully gives them

I listen to morning radio, which I am doing right now. Two men were discussing gas prices and one said he found a station that sells it for $3.89. They were rejoicing. The other one said President Biden has been working hard and battling the oil companies and Russia to get the prices lower. He said this is proof President Biden is the man America needs at this moment. CLICK AND STATION CHANGE.

How can people be this stupid and brain dead. Biden doesn't even know what the price of gas is.

Yeah amazing how quickly $1.87 and less gas was available and abundantly so. So now magically $3.89 is the "blessing" to shoot for... Yeah, fake news is still in charge.

Oh, Good Morning all,...

Our weather this morning gives us light rain and a temperature of 64°. The rain will stop around 9:45 AM as we head up to 84°.

Lots of baseball talk around here this morning. Pasco County is building a state of the art baseball spring training complex near Wesley Chapel, off of I-75. They may be targeting the TB Rays who currently train in Port Charlotte.

The growth in that area is off of the charts and the housing market is crazy. I am thankful I have a house paid for and both vehicles. In fact I am totally free of debt which is a blessing in this world. I have no idea where we are headed but my Lord does.

On top of rising gas prices the cost of cars has skyrocketed. Auto makers can't get the chips due to supply chain problems and other issues. I took my Dad to his Cadillac dealer a few months ago and the lot wasn't even 1/4 full. Dealers mark-ups make buying a new car more expensive than ever. 82% of buyers are paying more than the MSRP, way more in most cases. Kia for example is marking their cars up on average of 3K. Used cars prices are up 40%!

Not a great time to be looking for a car especially for my wife who only drives on average 2,500 miles per year. I can't see forking out a ton of cash for that little driving.

Used to LOVE gizzards. Loved em. Then a friend and I were so broke and both of us in between apartment leases for 2 weeks in college. That's all we ate. Gizzards, corn bread, and apple cider. For almost 2 weeks. ...and not GOOD cornbread. Just jiffy out of the box with whatever the cheapest thing was to mix it with. Usually overcooked...

I remember the last time we cooked em. 11 days in. Neither one of us could eat a bite. Just set em aside and forgot about em. Finally gave in and went home for a weekend. Non-stop, cheap ham sandwiches for 3-5 days will cure you of most food snob issues, but I still couldn't eat gizzards again. Can't eat ham anymore either but that's another story.

Miserable 2 weeks. Need to see if I can eat them again. The idea is finally appealing to me again, so it might be time
Time heals all wounds

or is it

time wounds all heels.

Our weather this morning gives us light rain and a temperature of 64°. The rain will stop around 9:45 AM as we head up to 84°.

Lots of baseball talk around here this morning. Pasco County is building a state of the art baseball spring training complex near Wesley Chapel, off of I-75. They may be targeting the TB Rays who currently train in Port Charlotte.

The growth in that area is off of the charts and the housing market is crazy. I am thankful I have a house paid for and both vehicles. In fact I am totally free of debt which is a blessing in this world. I have no idea where we are headed but my Lord does.

Yes Sir, debt is bad. If you can stay away from it, stay away. I have debt but I am thankful I can pay it off if I decided to do that. 2.25% interest gave me some pause. Trying to make some dough now but not sure where to try in this beautiful B/C economy (Biden/Communist) economy... Flip a coin I guess... (Yeah not been in a good frame of mind to post... I will try keeping my posting slowed down.)

I printed this out for me. It keeps me on top of the games. Times are Eastern Daylight

First Four schedule, Tuesday

6:40 p.m. — No. 16 Texas Southern vs. No. 16 Texas A&M-Corpus Christi — truTV
9:10 p.m. — No. 12 Indiana vs. No. 12 Wyoming — truTV

First Four schedule, Wednesday

6:40 p.m. — No. 16 Bryant vs. No. 16 Wright State — truTV
9:10 p.m. — No. 11 Rutgers vs. No. 11 Notre Dame — truTV

First-round schedule, Thursday

12:15 p.m. — No. 11 Michigan vs. No. 6 Colorado State — CBS
12:40 p.m. — No. 13 South Dakota State vs. No. 4 Providence — truTV
1:45 p.m. — No. 9 Memphis vs. No. 8 Boise State — TNT
2:00 p.m. — No. 16 Norfolk St. vs. No. 1 Baylor — TBS
2:45 p.m. — No. 14 Longwood vs. No. 3 Tennessee — CBS
3:10 p.m. — No. 12 Richmond vs. No. 5 Iowa — truTV
4:15 p.m. — No. 16 Georgia State vs. No. 1 Gonzaga — TNT
4:30 p.m. — No. 9 Marquette vs. No. 8 North Carolina — TBS
6:50 p.m. — No. 12 New Mexico State vs. No. 5 UConn — TNT
7:10 p.m. — No. 15 Saint Peter’s vs. No. 2 Kentucky — CBS
7:20 p.m. — No. 12 Wyoming/Indiana vs. No. 5 St. Mary’s — TBS
7:27 p.m. — No. 9 Creighton vs. No. 8 San Diego State — truTV
9:20 p.m. — No. 13 Vermont vs. No. 4 Arkansas — TNT
9:40 p.m. — No. 10 San Francisco vs. No. 7 Murray State — CBS
9:50 p.m. — No. 13 Akron vs. No. 4 UCLA — TBS
9:57 p.m. — No. 16 Texas Southern/Texas A&M Corpus Christi vs. No. 1 Kansas — truTV

First-round schedule, Friday

12:15 p.m. — No. 10 Loyola-Chicago vs. No. 7 Ohio State — CBS
12:40 p.m. — No. 15 Jacksonville State vs. No. 2 Auburn — truTV
1:45 p.m. — No. 14 Montana State vs. No. 3 Texas Tech — TNT
2:00 p.m. — No. 14 Yale vs. No. 3 Purdue — TBS
2:45 p.m. — No. 15 Delaware vs. No. 2 Villanova — CBS
3:10 p.m. — No. 10 Miami (FL) vs. No. 7 Southern California — truTV
4:15 p.m. — No. 11 Rutgers/Notre Dame vs. No. 6 Alabama — TNT
4:30 p.m. — No. 11 Virginia Tech vs. No. 6 Texas — TBS
6:50 p.m. — No. 13 Chattanooga vs. No. 4 Illinois — TNT
7:10 p.m. — No. 15 Cal State Fullerton vs. No. 2 Duke — CBS
7:20 p.m. — No. 11 Iowa State vs. No. 6 LSU — TBS
7:27 p.m. — No. 16 Wright State/Bryant vs. No. 1 Arizona — truTV
9:20 p.m. — No. 12 UAB vs. No. 5 Houston — TNT
9:40 p.m. — No. 10 Davidson vs. No. 7 Michigan State — CBS
9:50 p.m. — No. 14 Colgate vs. No. 3 Wisconsin— TBS
9:57 p.m. — No. 9 TCU vs. No. 8 Seton Hall — truTV

Good morning! Woke up at 1100 but I could swear it didn't feel any later than 1000. I don't guess I'm playing golf today unless it is much later this afternoon.

I've got brackets to fill out today for my wife and I. The names are so small on there I can hardly read them. I need an assistant. Since I can do 3 of them, I'm going to do one chalk, one with a few upsets, and one that knocks out most of the Big10 in the first weekend and plenty of other upsets. The way the scoring system works, getting the final 4 and on right, pretty much assures a win.

EDIT: Just kidding, I wouldn't feed that stuff to my daughter's cat

I would Sir (Just not to your daughters cat.) the only Cats I ever liked was Sylvester (Not the one with Tweety)(We had a cat that looked just like Sylvester in the cartoon. He tried to bark anyway.) and the Kentucky Wildcats.... Mostly because they don't, bark!

Last edited:
Long time, no see. Where you been? Hopefully all is well.
All is well. Last few months have been hectic, between work and getting my oldest daughter prepared for college. She finally decided to enroll in nursing at Morehead State this fall. While I'm excited for her to be going to college, I'm saddened as well. It seems like she should still be in Jr. High. I truly appreciate you asking.

I thought the same thing. Thunderbird. When I was in college you could buy a bottle of Thunderbird for less than a dollar. It made many a good boy CRAZY
Haha. I had an uncle about 7-8 years older than me, which would make him early 70s now. When I was a teenager and he was a young adult my father helped get both of us hired out on a pipeline spread. He'd sing that danged Thunderbird commercial jingle all day long as we were suffering out in the summer heat. I wanted to hit him with a fist full of welding rods. My crowd was more into Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill.

Haha. I had an uncle about 7-8 years older than me, which would make him early 70s now. When I was a teenager and he was a young adult my father helped get both of us hired out on a pipeline spread. He'd sing that danged Thunderbird commercial jingle all day long as we were suffering out in the summer heat. I wanted to hit him with a fist full of welding rods. My crowd was more into Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill.
LOL

I had a cousin who attended Belfry High School down in Pike County back in the days when Pike was dry. Up the road from Belfry was an old lady bootlegger who sold Thunderbird wine. My Cuz and his buddies went around the school bumming pennies or dimes off their school mates until they had about a dollar in coins.

After school they would run up there and pick up a bottle then get back to school in time to catch the school bus up Pond Creek and home. They would pass that bottle around the bus in a brown paper bag.
The bus driver, Johnny White, never said a word.

Home again. Went to another piddler mall today and took a friend with me this time. Bought 3 half sheets of plywood to make a cabinet for off to the side of the kitchen. It had white laminate on one side and a nice wood veneer on the other. Pretty sure all that wood comes from a cabinet making operation.

Stereo came in for my golf cart today. Might try and get that hooked up tomorrow. Not only will I be able to stream music from my phone, it also has AM/FM and a USB that will handle up to a 32GB thumb drive. 32GB of music means you can listen nonstop for about 22 days considering 1MB per minute. I probably won't do that, but It's nice to know I could.

Golf game might suck from time to time, but there is no excuse for not having good tunes and ice cold beer for the round. Cooler came with the cart.

pgr35b.jpg

81H5pUVdbtL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Home again. Went to another piddler mall today and took a friend with me this time. Bought 3 half sheets of plywood to make a cabinet for off to the side of the kitchen. It had white laminate on one side and a nice wood veneer on the other. Pretty sure all that wood comes from a cabinet making operation.

Stereo came in for my golf cart today. Might try and get that hooked up tomorrow. Not only will I be able to stream music from my phone, it also has AM/FM and a USB that will handle up to a 32GB thumb drive. 32GB of music means you can listen nonstop for about 22 days considering 1MB per minute. I probably won't do that, but It's nice to know I could.

Golf game might suck from time to time, but there is no excuse for not having good tunes and ice cold beer for the round. Cooler came with the cart.

pgr35b.jpg

81H5pUVdbtL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Sounds like you are channeling you innermost Happy Gilmore... Watch out for Bob... ;)

Yes they are.

"What are parts of a chicken that they would prefer to keep inside themselves until they die a natural death?"

Sir... 🤣 🤣 🤣 Even a Chicken wishes they could hurl their own gizzards!!!🤣🤣🤣 ✂️ it out 🤣🤣🤣

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the "other" side to hurl a gizzard and then come back across that darned road!!!

Last edited:
Me supper... (That is an egg on top with just a touch of sesame seed oil.) Mix that all together and..... edible...

Called Bebimbop...(Don't hold me to the spelling..that's how it sounds though.)

(Spinach, turnips w/a spicy sauce, fish cake (like Spam), bean sprouts, and an egg.)

29196771_1993445467335690_1844300630970073088_n.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT