ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

My problem with the selection committee is that regardless of what they decide to do, they have excuses built in their system to cover the backlash. I would be interested in going back and seeing just how many times Duke has been placed in the obviously easiest region.

Here is an article on bleacher report you may find interesting, or redundant if you've already read it

1. But Tennessee ahead of Duke should have happened.
    There are six metrics on the selection committee's team sheets: NET, KPI, SOR, BPI, KP and SAG. What do they stand for and how are they calculated? Not important and who the heck knows. But Tennessee finished eighth or better in all six of those metrics while Duke finished in 10th or worse in all six metrics.
    Don't like computers telling you what to do? Alright, fine. After beating A&M on Sunday, Tennessee finished the season with 11 Quadrant 1 wins—second only to Kansas' 12—and did not suffer a single loss outside of the top half of Quadrant 1. Duke had just six wins against Q1 and ended up with five losses outside the top half of Q1

I hope our beloved Wildcats use some of these tendencies.....

AT least six games worth... After that they can purr like kittens...

Come on Cats, bring one home...

Last edited:
A higher seed gives you easier competition early on in the tourney.
True if "The Committee" knows what they're doing, BH, but the most you're talking about is a difference of one seed level +/- & does anybody really know if playing a 6 vs. 7 vs. an 8 seed the second game makes a difference. And in last 16 anybody is good enough to beat anybody else. Net, as I said, I can't get worked up at all about it.

True if "The Committee" knows what they're doing, BH, but the most you're talking about is a difference of one seed level +/- & does anybody really know if playing a 6 vs. 7 vs. an 8 seed the second game makes a difference. And in last 16 anybody is good enough to beat anybody else. Net, as I said, I can't get worked up at all about it.
Playing Murray State as our possible second game makes a hell of a difference.

Tennessee, as bad as I dislike them, got the short end of the stick. You simply can't justify.

Home again. Went to a piddler mall today that Dad and I used to go all the time. Just not the same.

Went shopping for some stuff to take to Bert's house on Thursday. Bad news Bert. Kroger didn't have any dark rye flower. I guess I would have to order it. Anyway, we will be having store bought rye bread. It's probably better than anything I could make since they have chemicals and ingredients that I don't have access to or know how to use.

Just found out today that I'll be on vacation from May20 til May 28. My wife will be going to N. Carolina for that week.

If it comes, Murray has been wanting this game for as long as I can remember. UK should win, but they better not take Murray lightly. I think Murray always wanted some kind of home and home, so it was never going to happen.
We should be playing at least 3 Kentucky teams each year in the Yum Bucket. Western each year and rotate between Murray, Morehead, N. KY, and Bellermine. Total bullshit that we are still locked out of that arena.

I walked into the house and my wife is frying gizzards. Just me and her and she likes gizzards about as much as BBUK. So, what the deal??? I asked her what "is the occasion" and she just smiled. She has been watching BritBox murder mysteries lately so one has to wonder.

But the glorious smell of gizzards frying in an iron skillet is a heavenly aroma. It also makes a good cream milk gravy that I will sop with my biscuits. Is there a better way to go?

Last edited:
I walked into the house and my wife is frying gizzards. Just me and her and she likes gizzards about as much as BBUK. So, what the deal??? I asked her what "is the occasion" and she just smiled. She has been watching BritBox murder mysteries lately so one has to wonder.

But the glorious smell of gizzards frying in an iron skillet is a heavenly aroma. It also makes a good cream milk gravy that I will sop with my biscuits. Is there a better way to go?

I will take your word on it Sir and not doubt you. (Won't partake though I guess I had some shrimp gizzards previously and will again.)

Some suppers I have had lately since my last pics... (Been nearly living at my computers this last week.)

This evenings supper...

275772153_5480333208646881_1860054653685381844_n.jpg

Saturdays supper...

275669844_5480333471980188_7922315294810442516_n.jpg

My last batch of biscuits this past weekend...(Always have to throw in my biscuits. Sharp cheddar cheese generously sprinkled in. About a good full hand full.) Getting very soft now to where my Darling likes them a lot.

275617373_5480332918646910_631271945613395371_n.jpg

Another cake my Darling made this past Friday. My Darling was invited to a lady's home with a group of her friends. Got there around 10AM and ended up back home around 7:30PM they had a fun day jabber-jawing.

My Darling made this for the occasion: Steamed Rice flour cake with mugwort. A native plentiful species of plant I am sure many here know about but maybe not used like this. (Some sort of bean steamed in too but not sure the type. I DO like it though.)

275490236_5477323192281216_1878100619571601922_n.jpg

HA, and my weight is actually going back down since I quit snacking...again.

Used to LOVE gizzards. Loved em. Then a friend and I were so broke and both of us in between apartment leases for 2 weeks in college. That's all we ate. Gizzards, corn bread, and apple cider. For almost 2 weeks. ...and not GOOD cornbread. Just jiffy out of the box with whatever the cheapest thing was to mix it with. Usually overcooked...

I remember the last time we cooked em. 11 days in. Neither one of us could eat a bite. Just set em aside and forgot about em. Finally gave in and went home for a weekend. Non-stop, cheap ham sandwiches for 3-5 days will cure you of most food snob issues, but I still couldn't eat gizzards again. Can't eat ham anymore either but that's another story.

Miserable 2 weeks. Need to see if I can eat them again. The idea is finally appealing to me again, so it might be time

If it comes, Murray has been wanting this game for as long as I can remember. UK should win, but they better not take Murray lightly. I think Murray always wanted some kind of home and home, so it was never going to happen.
Dream game for Murray. NCAA tournament, they'll be ready if they get past the Dons. I agree. The Cats better not overlook this game.

Used to LOVE gizzards. Loved em. Then a friend and I were so broke and both of us in between apartment leases for 2 weeks in college. That's all we ate. Gizzards, corn bread, and apple cider. For almost 2 weeks. ...and not GOOD cornbread. Just jiffy out of the box with whatever the cheapest thing was to mix it with. Usually overcooked...

I remember the last time we cooked em. 11 days in. Neither one of us could eat a bite. Just set em aside and forgot about em. Finally gave in and went home for a weekend. Non-stop, cheap ham sandwiches for 3-5 days will cure you of most food snob issues, but I still couldn't eat gizzards again. Can't eat ham anymore either but that's another story.

Miserable 2 weeks. Need to see if I can eat them again. The idea is finally appealing to me again, so it might be time
I imagine the only thing I could eat every day the rest of my life would be grits or rice and gravy

CBS channels to include sports online. $6.99 a month. I can take a month of it. ;)
My wife put BVH (Blerd Vision Hosting) on our firestick at about $21.00 a month for 3 connections (BIL and MIL have one of them). Half of that is movie channels and just movies. You can pay for just regular stations without movies for about half the price. It started out freezing at times in the beginning but of late works really well. It has tons of movies, all of the major stations in from major cities around the U.S. and international. All of the sports networks. I can watch all of the major stations from any state. Last year I watched Reds games from stations in Cincinnati. Do a little research on BVH and decide if you want to try it. You get every channel and would not miss a game no matter where you are.

I will take your word on it Sir and not doubt you. (Won't partake though I guess I had some shrimp gizzards previously and will again.)

Some suppers I have had lately since my last pics... (Been nearly living at my computers this last week.)

This evenings supper...

275772153_5480333208646881_1860054653685381844_n.jpg

Saturdays supper...

275669844_5480333471980188_7922315294810442516_n.jpg

My last batch of biscuits this past weekend...(Always have to throw in my biscuits. Sharp cheddar cheese generously sprinkled in. About a good full hand full.) Getting very soft now to where my Darling likes them a lot.

275617373_5480332918646910_631271945613395371_n.jpg

Another cake my Darling made this past Friday. My Darling was invited to a lady's home with a group of her friends. Got there around 10AM and ended up back home around 7:30PM they had a fun day jabber-jawing.

My Darling made this for the occasion: Steamed Rice flour cake with mugwort. A native plentiful species of plant I am sure many here know about but maybe not used like this. (Some sort of bean steamed in too but not sure the type. I DO like it though.)

275490236_5477323192281216_1878100619571601922_n.jpg

HA, and my weight is actually going back down since I quit snacking...again.
If I ever come your way to visit and there is not food like that waiting for me, I will eat your liver (gizzard) with fava beans.

My wife put BVH (Blerd Vision Hosting) on our firestick at about $21.00 a month for 3 connections (BIL and MIL have one of them). Half of that is movie channels and just movies. You can pay for just regular stations without movies for about half the price. It started out freezing at times in the beginning but of late works really well. It has tons of movies, all of the major stations in from major cities around the U.S. and international. All of the sports networks. I can watch all of the major stations from any state. Last year I watched Reds games from stations in Cincinnati. Do a little research on BVH and decide if you want to try it. You get every channel and would not miss a game no matter where you are.

Thanks a ton! I will check that out tomorrow. May do that too. Thanks again! (I was going to wait until Thursday anyway. ;))

Your apatite is lying to you. Trust me...

Do you know if Fox live is on that app? Fox is about all my wife watches.

I just did a quick check and saw this notice:

IMPORTANT UPDATE: The official Blerd Vision website is no longer accepting new customers (blerdvisionhosting.com) and it’s uncertain if this will change.

Last edited:
My wife is retired from Frito-Lay. Used to be a great place to work. She retired just in time. Benefits for employees started to be taken away soon after she retired.

Sir, I was a to die for chip and cracker type person. Give me a bag of Better Made potato chips and I was good. The family size mind you.

About my favorite chip in the world was the Doritos Taco flavored tortilla chips. By the bags full. Not those sampler bags most people put with their kids lunch either...(I'd still eat the Taco chips but I cannot find them anywhere. They had them up until recently here but I'd fill a small bowl (About coffee cup size) and put the bag away.

I thought that company was going down when they stopped making that chip. I guess I was right it's sad to say...

Sir, I was a to die for chip and cracker type person. Give me a bag of Better Made potato chips and I was good. The family size mind you.

About my favorite chip in the world was the Doritos Taco flavored tortilla chips. By the bags full. Not those sampler bags most people put with their kids lunch either...(I'd still eat the Taco chips but I cannot find them anywhere. They had them up until recently here but I'd fill a small bowl (About coffee cup size) and put the bag away.

I thought that company was going down when they stopped making that chip. I guess I was right it's sad to say...
What is this, a vision test?

I read yesterday that Doritos are going to be putting in 5 fewer chips in a bag rather than raise their prices.

3260fbb9c5e1c2748c9cf8226cbf0e42.jpg

...and don't yall laugh at my gizzards story, neither.
I had at least two psychological response syndromes of nausea events after substance ingestion. An Old Crow once kicked my my ass so bad it gagged me for at least 4 months, I was 18 OK. Seemed like forever. I never did get along with ketchup after a youthful ketchup/scrambled egg l tossed but it was much more of a yuck thing than gag event like the bird of death. Today I'm fine and spoil myself. I like dino eggs, wings and especially gizzards. Today I fear no old crow. I only fear little old ladies in tennis shoes with canes.

Skeeter brought this to Mind

Last edited:

I thought that company was going down when they stopped making that chip. I guess I was honestly right it's sad to say...
I can read this. On my IPhone.

I read yesterday that Doritos are going to be putting in 5 fewer chips in a bag rather than raise their prices.

I do not doubt that Sir. I like eating mixed nuts but I like buying mixed nuts without peanuts. I eat the peanuts too but like them alone. Anyway I thought I had a good deal at the commissary this last trip and found a jar for 10 dollars and something while Walmart and Costco had them for 15 dollars. Yeah that was comparing a 35 ounce jar to a 20 ounce jar or so....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT