ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D League

Nice day down here we a current temperature of 69° and we will hit 80° by noon. That may be our high because clouds are rolling in and by late afternoon we will have a 34% chance of rain. We need rain.

Gas prices are off the chart. Our cheapest is $3.24 at a Citgo station but every one else is $3.50 and above. The man on the radio said be prepared for $4.00 by the end of the week. One station went up $.17 over night. Places in California are reporting over $7.00. The sad thing is the redhead spokes lady for Biden thinks things are hunky dory. We are living the "Green New Deal". Have you bought your EV yet. That will solve everything. Enough of that.

Trust all have a great day. Below is the light from the flagpole above the USS Breconshire along the coast in Vero Beach.

275430805_4381549368613350_1777013669717310911_n.jpg

Good morning D League

Nice day down here we a current temperature of 69° and we will hit 80° by noon. That may be our high because clouds are rolling in and by late afternoon we will have a 34% chance of rain. We need rain.

Gas prices are off the chart. Our cheapest is $3.24 at a Citgo station but every one else is $3.50 and above. The man on the radio said be prepared for $4.00 by the end of the week. One station went up $.17 over night. Places in California are reporting over $7.00. The sad thing is the redhead spokes lady for Biden thinks things are hunky dory. We are living the "Green New Deal". Have you bought your EV yet. That will solve everything. Enough of that.

Trust all have a great day. Below is the light from the flagpole above the USS Breconshire along the coast in Vero Beach.
Wife

275430805_4381549368613350_1777013669717310911_n.jpg
Wife just texted me after she got to work and gas was $3.79 at Loves which is always cheaper than everyone else around. When ask what was being done Jen Psaki said that even if they did open up the XL pipeline and authorize new drilling it would take a couple of years to see the effect. I guess just sitting around waiting for it to rain oil is better.

Good morning D-League. Busy at work already after a long walk on a cool, clear morning.

I better settle into this job because between Putin's war and Biden-omics it looks like my life savings, mostly invested in the markets, isn't going to amount to what I thought. Ah well, we've all been through these swings before.

A shout-out to BBUK who has had my back on Rafters. I had the audacity to suggest that winning the SEC Tournament THIS YEAR -- which if seeds hold would require beating Alabama, Tennessee and Auburn -- would be as tough as winning the NCAA games to get to a Final Four -- over a 16 or 15 seed, an 8 or 7 seed and so on.

It didn't seem like a stretch to me since in NCAA Brackets Alabama is a 5 seed, Tennessee a 3 and Auburn a 1. You wouldn't have to beat three teams seeded that high to make the FF. But of course on Rafters making that suggestion got me labeled everything from a closet Kansas fan to a Calipari lover. There are some real halfwits over there, and others who are so consumed with hatred for Cal that absolutely everything is seen as a threat to their worldview.

So it goes. I Hope it is a good day for all you folks.

Wife just texted me after she got to work and gas was $3.79 at Loves which is always cheaper than everyone else around. When ask what was being done Jen Psaki said that even if they did open up the XL pipeline and authorize new drilling it would take a couple of years to see the effect. I guess just sitting around waiting for it to rain oil is better.
Warrior: My father was a pipeline welder and pipe fitter for Local 798, and I was in that local for ten years, working in Alaska, all over the west from Texas to Montana and Wyoming and elsewhere. I still have buddies who do that work.

798 was in line to get the welding part of the XL line, as well as other jobs the Biden administration has shut down. Work had boomed for 20 years as fracking for natural gas became widespread, and the US was in a position to recover nearly limitless amounts of oil and natural gas. Letting the Global Warming fanatics kill that industry has been a terrible tragedy for America.

Good morning D-League. Busy at work already after a long walk on a cool, clear morning.

I better settle into this job because between Putin's war and Biden-omics it looks like my life savings, mostly invested in the markets, isn't going to amount to what I thought. Ah well, we've all been through these swings before.

A shout-out to BBUK who has had my back on Rafters. I had the audacity to suggest that winning the SEC Tournament THIS YEAR -- which if seeds hold would require beating Alabama, Tennessee and Auburn -- would be as tough as winning the NCAA games to get to a Final Four -- over a 16 or 15 seed, an 8 or 7 seed and so on.

It didn't seem like a stretch to me since in NCAA Brackets Alabama is a 5 seed, Tennessee a 3 and Auburn a 1. You wouldn't have to beat three teams seeded that high to make the FF. But of course on Rafters making that suggestion got me labeled everything from a closet Kansas fan to a Calipari lover. There are some real halfwits over there, and others who are so consumed with hatred for Cal that absolutely everything is seen as a threat to their worldview.

So it goes. I Hope it is a good day for all you folks.
Did not see the thread but I wonder if some of those people are the same ones professing (true of course) that the SEC is the strongest conference in college basketball this year. If so, they would be posting out of both side of their computer. It should be quite clear just how tough a road it will be this year to win the SEC tourney.

Perhaps someone can tell me why the SEC starts their tournament a day later than most and finish selection Sunday. I think it hurts our SEC teams ability to get better seeds when I believe that most decisions on seeds has been determined already, With Auburn one spot ahead of us in the rankings (I know that is not the only factor) and if we both make the championship game and we beat them, you would think that would help our case for a number one seed. However, that might have already been determined if we both make the final. I just hope they get ousted before the final as I think thy have the tougher bracket in the tournament.

Good Mornings fellows. It is 39.6°F and overcast in Smiths Grove. We ended up getting .78" of rain yesterday and I was hoping for sunshine today, but it ain't going to shine today and I will have to wait until tomorrow.

On Biden and all his cabinet picks:

the U.S. has never been as poorly represented as they are today. I spent the last 20 years of my career managing the petrochemical market for CSX. I called on and negotiated contracts with Exxon, Shell, UTP, BP, Chevron, Texaco et.al. I think that I understand that market quite well. Biden and his cabinet members don't know jack shit about it and Biden made damned sure that he did not appoint anyone who did, so that they could implement AOC's stupid climate change crap.

His policies are exactly the opposite of what the U.S. needs. I never knew that Biden would be half as bad as he is.

I hope all the folks who got dupped by Biden vote all the Dems out come November. If we don't the U.S. is in deep dodo.

Perhaps someone can tell me why the SEC starts their tournament a day later than most and finish selection Sunday. I think it hurts our SEC teams ability to get better seeds when I believe that most decisions on seeds has been determined already, With Auburn one spot ahead of us in the rankings (I know that is not the only factor) and if we both make the championship game and we beat them, you would think that would help our case for a number one seed. However, that might have already been determined if we both make the final. I just hope they get ousted before the final as I think thy have the tougher bracket in the tournament.
It hurts the SEC; however, the leadership in the SEC does not have to balls to compete with the ACC through their ESPN deal.

I won't go into reasons, but I almost never read or post on the sports boards. 99.9% of the time it's the D or political board for me.
The last time I posted on RR I was banned for two days. Yet the guy that initiated my banning was allowed to post.

Same as you berniecarbo I post here and on the Rivals national basketball board.

Florida has one of the meanest, most untruthful, vicious and lying media in America. It takes a strong person to call them out because they will lie over the least thing. I believe Biden and his press lady sends them down here from D.C. But Gov Ron can hold his own.

I'd hate it for Florida but I'd LOVE for Ron to be President Trump's VP SO, there'd be a chance for a straight, GREAT Leadership for TWELVE straight years. It will take that many years to curve this country's trajectory away from what it is now. (I thought that with President Trump and Pence but WoW I would have been wrong!) Governor D has proven his bonafides...

(Hence the Garth Brooks song.) Unanswered prayers. Maybe the Lord knows what he's doing afterall...

Last edited:
Good Mornings fellows. It is 39.6°F and overcast in Smiths Grove. We ended up getting .78" of rain yesterday and I was hoping for sunshine today, but it ain't going to shine today and I will have to wait until tomorrow.

On Biden and all his cabinet picks:

the U.S. has never been as poorly represented as they are today. I spent the last 20 years of my career managing the petrochemical market for CSX. I called on and negotiated contracts with Exxon, Shell, UTP, BP, Chevron, Texaco et.al. I think that I understand that market quite well. Biden and his cabinet members don't know jack shit about it and Biden made damned sure that he did not appoint anyone who did, so that they could implement AOC's stupid climate change crap.

His policies are exactly the opposite of what the U.S. needs. I never knew that Biden would be half as bad as he is.

I hope all the folks who got dupped by Biden vote all the Dems out come November. If we don't the U.S. is in deep dodo.

Totally agree Sir, except... it is not Biden doing it. Biden is a physical shell, nothing more... (Oh, it will all be blamed on him but it is EVERYONE else who is around and "working" for him.) They will use the excuse (If this country is still in tact.) "Oh, it wasn't me, it was Biden." His own "wife" is involved as well.

In a sense we (the West) are at "war" with Russia over this Ukraine conflict and, during war, people will have to "sacrifice." High prices will be that sacrifice for now - but cheaper and less painful than sending off another army for armed conflict. Hopefully Russia will back off soon because the common Russians will have to (and already are) sacrifice more than than we will as long as this continues.

Got a pot of soup beans seasoned with salt pork going on the stove now. I'll finish them off with a skillet of cornbread later. Maybe even a pan of fried taters if I get ambitious. They usually last me for three days because no one else eats them. The last time they only lasted two days because somebody else in this house mysteriously ate some of them.

Got a pot of soup beans seasoned with salt pork going on the stove now. I'll finish them off with a skillet of cornbread later. Maybe even a pan of fried taters if I get ambitious. They usually last me for three days because no one else eats them. The last time they only lasted two days because somebody else in this house mysteriously ate some of them.
Geeze that is good food.

We old Kentucky hillbillies know good food when we see it.

Beans, beans, the musical fruit
The more you eat, the more you poot
The more you poot, the better you feel.
So let's have beans with every meal.​

Geeze that is good food.

We old Kentucky hillbillies know good food when we see it.

Beans, beans, the musical fruit
The more you eat, the more you poot
The more you poot, the better you feel.
So let's have beans with every meal.​

I'm fairly certain we had soup beans every week when I was growing up. Was sick of them those days. They are one of my favorite meals these days. When we go to dinner or lunch at Cracker Barrel I never get anything except a bowl of soup beans.

Beans, beans, good for your heart.
The more you eat, the more you fart.
The more you fart, the better you feel.
So let's have beans with every meal.

*Apparently the poem varies from every region.

I'm fairly certain we had soup beans every week when I was growing up. Was sick of them those days. They are one of my favorite meals these days. When we go to dinner or lunch at Cracker Barrel I never get anything except a bowl of soup beans.

Yep.

White beans, mashed potatoes and a slice of white bread was our supper most days growing up. Then dad decided we (meaning me) needed a very large garden. Did I ever mention that I hate gardens? The way things are looking, I may get to re-live part of my childhood though!!!
I hated gardening when I was a kid.............now..........I can hardly wait for spring to start my garden........I guess gardening is more fun when you want to to it.......and their ground was old clay........weeding it was like pulling wire out of dried concrete....

White beans, mashed potatoes and a slice of white bread was our supper most days growing up. Then dad decided we (meaning me) needed a very large garden. Did I ever mention that I hate gardens? The way things are looking, I may get to re-live part of my childhood though!!!

White beans? Just gotta be a rebel, huh?

Yeah, my Ma worked in pots of white beans and green beans occasionally.

We never ate white (light) bread. Biscuits and cornbread. My greatest shock when I moved "up North" was discovering that people ate white bread for meals instead of biscuits and cornbread.

I ate soup beans many mornings cold. I was thankful.

The same answer as always: TV $. ACC tourney had the prime slot - Saturday nite final - before the SEC ever started their tourney & this is the slot they got.

I ate soup beans many mornings cold. I was thankful.

I actually don't mind cold soup beans.

We used to have a wood/coal kitchen stove. My mother kept a big pot off on the side of the stove where she threw table scraps, liquids and all, that she gave to somebody who had hogs. Basically a slop bucket. My older teenage brother came in late one night without turning on the light and ate a big spoonful out of that slop bucket thinking it was beans. We teased him about that for many years. We never used to refrigerate leftovers.

Looking forward to the tournament. It should be a good one. This one is bigger than just the SEC Tournament.

I used to put 4 cans of great northern beans along with an entire kielbasa sausage sliced up in it in a crock pot before work. Threw a roughly chopped onion and too much cayenne in there and turned her on low til I got home. Good eatin right there and the best was when I would forget that I had started it that morning. Surprise food is good food.

White beans? Just gotta be a rebel, huh?

Yeah, my Ma worked in pots of white beans and green beans occasionally.

We never ate white (light) bread. Biscuits and cornbread. My greatest shock when I moved "up North" was discovering that people ate white bread for meals instead of biscuits and cornbread.
My folks grew up in the Depression years. They both were in very large families. Dad was the oldest kid, so he had to quit school in the third grade to help with the small family farm. He was pretty smart, just not educated and was a hard worker. Mom had to quit in the sixth grade. She was also a hard worker. They never had much till they were older and we started a small family business. White bread was cheap and easy.

I actually don't mind cold soup beans.

We used to have a wood/coal kitchen stove. My mother kept a big pot off on the side of the stove where she threw table scraps, liquids and all, that she gave to somebody who had hogs. Basically a slop bucket. My older teenage brother came in late one night without turning on the light and ate a big spoonful out of that slop bucket thinking it was beans. We teased him about that for many years. We never used to refrigerate leftovers.

I remember the times when I scraped mold off certain areas to get to the beans. It was rough winters in the Detroit slums. (Brought back to memory when you mentioned the stove.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT