ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Thanks, Oscar.

Go Cats!
Screenshot-2021-11-10-7.00.40-AM.png

Local sportscaster says, Kentucky holds on to edge the Gators. It is obvious he did not watch the entire game or does not know how Calipari coaches. UK runs up a double digit lead and then goes into stall ball to finish the game out. It was not like the Gators were on a huge run at the end of the game had the Cats kept playing the win would be 15 or 20 points.

UK was in control and coasting like Cal always does at the end. Good win and Cats get a decent seed in the SEC tournament. I would love to see the Cats take home the trophy from Tampa.

Oh, yes we will have all of the above. With the exception of a "little gravy". We will have a lot of gravy as it is a beverage in our house. We still cook with our cast iron skillets. My grandma used them 100 years ago
Our oldest black iron is a skillet that the in-laws received as a wedding gift when they got married in 1936...........it was used and well seasoned when she received it as a gift......where they are from it was custom to give newlyweds something useful...............it was a poor community, in a very poor time........it was made in Korea...............

Local sportscaster says, Kentucky holds on to edge the Gators. It is obvious he did not watch the entire game or does not know how Calipari coaches. UK runs up a double digit lead and then goes into stall ball to finish the game out. It was not like the Gators were on a huge run at the end of the game had the Cats kept playing the win would be 15 or 20 points.

UK was in control and coasting like Cal always does at the end. Good win and Cats get a decent seed in the SEC tournament. I would love to see the Cats take home the trophy from Tampa.

Ouch, ouch, ouch....

Cal has not been resorting to the stall ball this season that I have watched. While I was watching the scoring on Yahoo's site, I hoped that was not happening. Let these horses run Cal, let them run... The stall ball has been what has caused UK to lose in situations where they should have and could have won!

My contingency was at the game today!!! (I didn't realize it until a few minutes ago when I saw my son's text.)

275171379_5455476447799224_683309542485118844_n.jpg

My son in the middle and my two grand babies (The smaller ones in the front.) To these two I am G-Pa... 🥰

Note: My son is a graduate of UF as well. He knows his roots! (He did attend UK but entered the Kentucky air national guard and then in the Florida guard and did his time in Iraq.)

Last edited:
Ouch, ouch, ouch....

Cal has not been resorting to the stall ball this season that I have watched. While I was watching the scoring on Yahoo's site, I hoped that was not happening. Let these horses run Cal, let them run... The stall ball has been what has caused UK to lose in situations where they should have and could have won!
Florida is one school I want to beat as bad as we can beat them. I still remember watching games in Alligator Alley. But no complaints today, it was a good win and I am happy about it. Oscar was a man among boys. as he usually is

Ouch, ouch, ouch....

He hasn't done it much, but Oscar was in foul trouble and I think he wanted to limit possessions. Every time Oscar left the game, UF went to the big kid and started cutting the lead. If we had run it up and down the floor and Oscar fouls out, we may not have liked the outcome.

My contingency was at the game today!!! (I didn't realize it until a few minutes ago when I saw my son's text.)

275171379_5455476447799224_683309542485118844_n.jpg

My son in the middle and my two grand babies (The smaller ones in the front.) To these two I am G-Pa... 🥰

Note: My son is a graduate of UF as well. He knows his roots! (He did attend UK as well but entered the Kentucky air national guard and then in the Florida guard and did his time in Iraq.)
Tell him I could hear the Go Big Blue chants throughout the game. Good job.

He hasn't done it much, but Oscar was in foul trouble and I think he wanted to limit possessions. Every time Oscar left the game, UF went to the big kid and started cutting the lead. If we had run it up and down the floor and Oscar fouls out, we may not have liked the outcome.

Thanks for explaining Sir. The games I have watched this season have not been vintage Cal stall ball no matter the opponent the last five or six. (I knew his reasoning, I just was completely against his reasoning, not that it mattered what I was against.) With his new staff, I saw changes in that area and had hoped upon hope it would be a thing of the past BUT, in certain situations like you just explained, I can fully understand it. Thanks (I was just able to watch the box scores.)

Florida is one school I want to beat as bad as we can beat them. I still remember watching games in Alligator Alley. But no complaints today, it was a good win and I am happy about it. Oscar was a man among boys. as he usually is
My wife and four of my friends were given tickets by Joe B. We sat at the end of the bench and figured out just how nasty Florida can be.

Elvis... his voice never left him, until he left...(Say what you will talent gone too soon.) Even liked his movies. I have several in digital format.

Last edited:
Answer the QUESTION!!!

My wife and four of my friends were given tickets by Joe B. We sat at the end of the bench and figured out just how nasty Florida can be.
Was that in Alligator Alley? I use to go there every year and I have seen some unbelievable things in that "cracker box". Most high schools gyms are bigger than that place was.

Some of the things I saw happen over the years. The gym had sets of large doors that opened up about 10' past the back end zone line. These doors were always closed when Florida was shooting at that goal and always opened when UK was shooting. There was a strong wind and the player had to shoot straight into it . I swear I saw free throw blown out of the cylinder a couple of times.

Another thing they would do was the windows. Large windows allowed bright sunlight to shine right in the face of a team if adjusted a certain way. Some student always figured out how to adjust them to shine on UK. During an afternoon game UK would be shooting directly into the sun Finally the court was only a foot or so away from the seats. Many, many times a UK player tried to take a ball out on the sideline and had some UF student pull the hair on their legs. I swear this had to be some fraternity house initiation routine. You couldn't be a member of the KA unless you pulled the hair off of the leg of a UK player.

Rupp hated that place, Harry Lancaster would be prepared to fight. Meanwhile 6' ll" Neal Walk laughed and put up about 30 on us.

I don't remember this for a fact but I don't think Alligator Alley had air conditioning. If they did it was broke when UK played

Answer the QUESTION!!!

Good morning folks. Hope its a good Sunday for everhybody.

Now, I'm not a Marvel movies fan, as opposed to the comic books when I was a pre-teen.

But I'll take a crack at "favorite Marvel scene."
Here's a scene I watched with my son when he was a kid that I liked:

Imagine it with Coach K saying, "I have an army OF REFEREES"
And Cal responding "We have an OSCAR!"

Elvis... his voice never left him, until he left...(Say what you will talent gone too soon.) Even liked his movies. I have several in digital format.

One more response to BBUK: I'm an Elvis fan from the beginning to the end.
But I just really like the energy and raw enthusiasm of his earliest stuff.

Answer the QUESTION!!!

I got up this morning, read Cats Illustrated and realized Duke lost last night. I did not watch the game and I do not watch ESPN unless the Cats are playing so I was totally in the dark.

With that said it was nice of them to lose because of the occasion. I dislike Duke and UNC equally so there is not a winner in my mind when those two play.

I predict, fingers crossed, Duke will start a decline now and become another team that had a nice run and became ordinary once their coach was no more. Same with UNC.

Was that in Alligator Alley? I use to go there every year and I have seen some unbelievable things in that "cracker box". Most high schools gyms are bigger than that place was.

Some of the things I saw happen over the years. The gym had sets of large doors that opened up about 10' past the back end zone line. These doors were always closed when Florida was shooting at that goal and always opened when UK was shooting. There was a strong wind and the player had to shoot straight into it . I swear I saw free throw blown out of the cylinder a couple of times.

Another thing they would do was the windows. Large windows allowed bright sunlight to shine right in the face of a team if adjusted a certain way. Some student always figured out how to adjust them to shine on UK. During an afternoon game UK would be shooting directly into the sun Finally the court was only a foot or so away from the seats. Many, many times a UK player tried to take a ball out on the sideline and had some UF student pull the hair on their legs. I swear this had to be some fraternity house initiation routine. You couldn't be a member of the KA unless you pulled the hair off of the leg of a UK player.

Rupp hated that place, Harry Lancaster would be prepared to fight. Meanwhile 6' ll" Neal Walk laughed and put up about 30 on us.

I don't remember this for a fact but I don't think Alligator Alley had air conditioning. If they did it was broke when UK played
Yep. We were ran over two or three times by players. Plus the seats near the bench were pull out metal things and when the fans got wild you did not know it they would stand up the the movements.

It was a piece of shit facility. I went there three times but after the first time the girls did not go.

Yep. We were ran over two or three times by players. Plus the seats near the bench were pull out metal things and when the fans got wild you did not know it they would stand up the the movements.

It was a piece of shit facility. I went there three times but after the first time the girls did not go.
You are right it was a pathetic place to play basketball and probably served as gathering place during the WBTS. :D

One contribution to the SEC that UK gets very little credit for is the improvement in facilities across the South and SEC. Basketball and the South are like oil and water. They did not mix back in years gone by and it took Adolph Rupp and Kentucky whipping their butt and showing them you could make money playing basketball to bring a change. Once they saw $$$$ to be made they invested in better arenas and now the SEC is as good a basketball league as anyone. In fact it is much better than the fan bases. Except of course when UK comes to town.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F and cloudy. High today reaching 78°F. Mild cold front moving in.

May watch UK ladies vs South Carolina this afternoon in the SEC Tournament final. Must work a few chores first.

Bat Cats beat #15 TCU two games in a row. Think they play today. Go Cats!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

e7bea761c47154c3ec0f0abce0252848.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F and cloudy. High today reaching 78°F. Mild cold front moving in.

May watch UK ladies vs South Carolina this afternoon in the SEC Tournament final. Must work a few chores first.

Bat Cats beat #15 TCU two games in a row. Think they play today. Go Cats!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

e7bea761c47154c3ec0f0abce0252848.jpg
Uhm wie viel uhr is das spiel?

Edged... lol. Writers got to pander I suppose (everywhere except Lexington)

Good day, D-League!

Enjoyed the UK victories this weekend so far. Enjoyed the Tarholes trouncing the FlopDemons. Really shocked at the outcome of the women's game. Looked like UT was gonna catch up a couple times when the refs ate their whistles and UK turned it over. To win by double-digits gives me great hope for the SEC Championship game. Hope they pull it out.

Now that I think about it, all of the teams I favored won yesterday. Should've played the lottery because that doesn't happen but every 10yrs or so.

This week temps will either be 30s, 40s, 50s or 60s depending on which weather person you listen to/watch. They're worse than the prophets of Ahab and Jezebel, more confused than pharaoh's magicians, and less clever than Nebuchadnezzar's wise men. But they ARE well paid at least.

I'm looking forward to UK getting screwed on location, path, and seeding in yet another NCAA tournament. (They only canceled the one a couple years ago because Mitch was on the committee. Don't let em fool you with virus talk.) I like this team probably more than any other since Cal has been here, but they all run together. Oscar is clearly my favorite player in the last 10-12yrs.

Hope you e joy the rest of your weekend!

I know you won't let the TV tell you what and how to think.

Good morning! My wife and I watched the second half of the UNC Duke game. It was worth it. If I get my wish, Coach K only has 2 games to go.

The boys has picked up their defense lately. They're going to need it from here on out. When these guys break UK records that have been around for 50 or 60 years, then they may have set a record that won't be beat in our lifetimes. This is a great group of guys and I would like for them to win the championship.

Fixin to make the brine and put the brisket in for a 10 day soak. I went ahead and bought a whole packer and had the butcher separate the point and flat for me. I smoked the point Friday night for 15 hours, after, I had made some pork belly burnt ends. Pork bellys were right next to the briskets, what choice did I have?

Good morning! My wife and I watched the second half of the UNC Duke game. It was worth it. If I get my wish, Coach K only has 2 games to go.

The boys has picked up their defense lately. They're going to need it from here on out. When these guys break UK records that have been around for 50 or 60 years, then they may have set a record that won't be beat in our lifetimes. This is a great group of guys and I would like for them to win the championship.

Fixin to make the brine and put the brisket in for a 10 day soak. I went ahead and bought a whole packer and had the butcher separate the point and flat for me. I smoked the point Friday night for 15 hours, after, I had made some pork belly burnt ends. Pork bellys were right next to the briskets, what choice did I have?

10 day soak? What's the advantage to that, and your recipe for the brine. I have been wanting to smoke a brisket for a while now. Gotta hold off a bit as I just had back surgery 2 weeks ago. I've made pork belly burnt ends and did not care much for it. It was all fat. Maybe I didn't cook em long enough. They looked amazing but it didn't seem to be worth time. Looks like the D is doing great and chugging along. Carry on

Good to see you posting my dear friend.

Good to see you on here, and I am really glad you working on that skirt meat? There are a bunch of folks that I have promised the best damned meat known to man!

If you don't deliver . . . .. .......

10 day soak? What's the advantage to that, and your recipe for the brine. I have been wanting to smoke a brisket for a while now. Gotta hold off a bit as I just had back surgery 2 weeks ago. I've made pork belly burnt ends and did not care much for it. It was all fat. Maybe I didn't cook em long enough. They looked amazing but it didn't seem to be worth time. Looks like the D is doing great and chugging along. Carry on
Back surgery ain't a lot of fun, but the best to you.

DO WHAT THE DOC SAYS.

These beauties came off of the boat yesterday morning. You can tell they came out of deep clean water and will taste as good as they look.

275299677_2150030988484826_4124364822978378076_n.jpg

Yes Sir,
I'd eat those, even IF they had gizzards... sigh... (I surrender!)

Hello all,
Yeah, I have weaknesses... ;)

Oh, I am going to post some pics shortly of a happening in DC today. I will explain more shortly.

You forgot to put your address on that post............I am watching what I eat and I could watch myself eat some of those burnt ends........the way you rich people eat 😎

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT