ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

274290208_1801613820032411_1348620586718780445_n.png

Good morning from ATX. Currently 44°F, clear and calm. Expecting 75°F for our high later this afternoon.

Texas election primaries occurred yesterday. I voted early last week. No line. Polls open 7 am to 7 pm six days per week. The notion that anyone is denied a right to vote is utter horse crap.

Switching gears, happy for our Cats. Played well at home. Let's take care of business in FL this coming Saturday and later next week.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-BANANA-CREAM-PIE-DAY-%E2%80%93-March-2.png

Good morning. It is a sunny 35.6°F in Smiths Grove on its way to 72°.

The Cats won last night and Kansas lost! That is two straight losses for Kansas. I am happy. Hopefully we can add to our all time lead in games over them. Purdue lost which keeps UK's chances for a 2 seed going.

Florida did not look that good against Vandy; however, they ended up winning by four mainly based on the FT differential, UF 14 VU 6.

Good Morning all,
I need pie, I have no pie, I will settle for an English muffin with cream cheese...
Talking about eating........do you cut your milk back when you add cheese to your biscuits??????.........I want to venture into some of those cheddar cheese biscuits...........You know.....I am the type to never be satisfied with something.....always tinkering and improving..........expanding my repertoire.......

Talking about eating........do you cut your milk back when you add cheese to your biscuits??????.........I want to venture into some of those cheddar cheese biscuits...........You know.....I am the type to never be satisfied with something.....always tinkering and improving..........expanding my repertoire.......

I use buttermilk, (cut in crisco shortening and butter. Everything is used cold. That is the key.) I do mix the dough a little more moist but that is due to my Darlings tastes. I normally add the shredded sharp cheddar cheese during the last few stirrings. I am not a measurer type. I add until I feel it is correct. I do use about two and a half or so cups of self-rising flour, cut in the butter and crisco, then add the buttermilk, then the cheese. I use a mason jar cap (The screw on part) to cut out my biscuit bread. Bake at 450

One thing I do not do when adding cheese is add any salt as the cheese has plenty to our taste.

Last edited:
I guess by now all of you have received you COVID test from the government. Mine showed up in the U.S. mail. Have any of you in the D used it?

I looked it over and mine had Made In China on the package. So I tossed it in the garbage. I guess I contributed to government waste. Think about it. The China Virus. Our government is using a test Made In China to test a virus deliberately given to us by the Chinese. No thanks. The United States of America is the dumbest bunch of clowns on earth, and now we buy oil from Russia. So on and on it goes.

Nice win by our Cats but they better tighten up the defense.

I guess by now all of you have received you COVID test from the government. Mine showed up in the U.S. mail. Have any of you in the D used it?

I looked it over and mine had Made In China on the package. So I tossed it in the garbage. I guess I contributed to government waste. Think about it. The China Virus. Our government is using a test Made In China to test a virus deliberately given to us by the Chinese. No thanks. The United States of America is the dumbest bunch of clowns on earth, and now we buy oil from Russia. So on and on it goes.

I am actually taking the BB shortly to his doctor's office to get a drive-through rapid test. He was exposed at school and needs this to go back. Just got off a video call with his doctor. Me and my Darling have never taken any tests. Got the initial two shots but I think we are done as far as that goes. Ahma is feeding him now.

I use buttermilk, (cut in crisco shortening and butter. Everything is used cold. That is the key.) I do mix the dough a little more moist but that is due to my Darlings tastes. I normally add the shredded sharp cheddar cheese during the last few stirrings. I am not a measurer type. I add until I feel it is correct. I do use about two and a half or so cups of self-rising flour, cut in the butter and crisco, then add the buttermilk, then the cheese. I use a mason jar cap (The screw on part) to cut out my biscuit bread. Bake at 450

One thing I do not do when adding cheese is add any salt as the cheese has plenty to our taste.
Thank you.......I have mastered plain biscuits......I told the Director about your cheddar cheese biscuits........I add extra milk to mine as I prefer the texture of the bread that it produces.....I have an old snuff jar to cut my biscuits.........it's one my MIL used for no telling how many years.........she made a big biscuit...........they doubled as bread for a tomato sandwich when we was out working in the fields.

Good morning D, plenty of sunshine here in the Berg. Been reading in Daniel, He says it's going to be bad!!!!

Good game by the CATS last night, but according to some in RR, it looked like we lost!!!!

Had the I didn't want to do anything yesterday, until Mrs. M came home for lunch, she told me more or less to get my A$$ out of the house and go metal detecting, glad she did. I spent 4 hours going over the same yard next door that I have been over no telling how many times, left with, 50 cents, 4 dimes, and ten pennies, a crescent wrench, a half inch wrench and a Harley Davidson emblem with a bunch of patent numbers on. I am going to give it to a young man whose DAD was avid Harley rider, his DAD passed away 2 days after JP.

I hope the D has a great day and prayers for the D!!!

We have never received ours.

We received our test kits a couple of weeks ago. Wife had a few days of being under the weather last week. Which is unusual for her. Used one of the kits. All clear.

If you want fresh Gulf shrimp go to Pelican Seafood in Tarpon Springs located on the Sponge Docks. Never frozen and certainly not from China. These are Key West pink shrimp.

"Friends don't let friends eat imported shrimp"

275076519_2147660772055181_2366117858924577284_n.jpg

I DO love me some shrimps!!!

2bs4.gif

I know every way there is to cook shrimps!!! (I sure hope shrimps don't have no gizzard.)

I did some shrimping on the coast of South Carolina but mine were never that large but, I ate'em...

I DO love me some shrimps!!!

2bs4.gif

I know every way there is to cook shrimps!!! (I sure hope shrimps don't have no gizzard.)

I did some shrimping on the coast of South Carolina but mine were never that large but, I ate'em...
Take it from me: Shrimp have gizzards.

Now you are in trouble @BBUK! 😁 You are a gizzard eating dude! Face the facts!

Wow, just killed a skeeter in the house!!!!!
My wife is scared of snakes. And I protect them. Yesterday she was on the front porch and a big one was coiled around a flower pot. She screamed and I brought her a broom. This is what she posted on her facebook page.

After sweeping a long, skinny black snake off the front porch this morning, I gave a report to Johnny. “That snake shook its tail towards me, do you think it is a Rattlehead?” Trying to figure out why he laughed.

That was a first for me because I've never seen a Rattlehead snake. Is that a snake out of the Kentucky hills?

My wife is scared of snakes. And I protect them. Yesterday she was on the front porch and a big one was coiled around a flower pot. She screamed and I brought her a broom. This is what she posted on her facebook page.

After sweeping a long, skinny black snake off the front porch this morning, I gave a report to Johnny. “That snake shook its tail towards me, do you think it is a Rattlehead?” Trying to figure out why he laughed.

That was a first for me because I've never seen a Rattlehead snake. Is that a snake out of the Kentucky hills?
Yes cousin to the Coppermoccasin!

Used my kayak fishing today and the outriggers do the trick. Was on the water for three hours total. About 2 hours in I was about to give up hope when I got a snag, or I thought it was a snag until it started moving. I have a 10lb bell anchor and I was still being pulled. My pole was bent all of the way over. I was thinking catfish or big carp. Nope. It was the biggest bass I had ever hooked. Fought for a while until it got tired, then got it in the boat. Did not have phone or scales in the kayak so was going to put it on the metal stringer and wait until I got back to the truck to weigh. I felt it jerking the boat while I continued fishing and then saw a big fish jump out of the water behind the boat. It was the one I caught. It had bent the clip holding it on the stinger and got off. Man that fish was strong. At least I wasn't skunked on this one. Wished I could have gotten it weighed and measured. I have no doubt it would have been my biggest yet.

Used my kayak fishing today and the outriggers do the trick. Was on the water for three hours total. About 2 hours in I was about to give up hope when I got a snag, or I thought it was a snag until it started moving. I have a 10lb bell anchor and I was still being pulled. My pole was bent all of the way over. I was thinking catfish or big carp. Nope. It was the biggest bass I had ever hooked. Fought for a while until it got tired, then got it in the boat. Did not have phone or scales in the kayak so was going to put it on the metal stringer and wait until I got back to the truck to weigh. I felt it jerking the boat while I continued fishing and then saw a big fish jump out of the water behind the boat. It was the one I caught. It had bent the clip holding it on the stinger and got off. Man that fish was strong. At least I wasn't skunked on this one. Wished I could have gotten it weighed and measured. I have no doubt it would have been my biggest yet.
Wonder how much the picture would have weighed?

Nope, haven't gotten any yet.

Getting intrigued by the reports that Pitino may end up coaching the Maryland Terps of the Big Ten.

My wife and one daughter are Terp graduates, though neither are huge basketball fans. My wife, for example, was a freshman at Maryland the year Len Bias entered the NBA draft, then swiftly OD'd. And yet she admitted to me when we met several years after that she had never watched a game of his. I, on the other hand, saw Bias play several times, including once against Michael Jordan.

If Pitino does come to UMd, I'll use some contacts I have to get tickets and take my son. I hope the Cats get a home-and-home going if that happens. Probably unlikely. But what a stick-in-the-eye that would be for Louisville!

If I had a nickel...

😁

Warrior at the lake today.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT