ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

36.0°F here on our way to 52°. It is not supposed to rain. I guess that I will have some grass growing this week.

The Cats just could not get over the hump yesterday. I predicted a loss at Ark and a loss at Florida. Wheeler and Washington were rusty. That loss will probably drop the Cats a line, but I don't see much difference other than you are going to get a good team one game earlier.

I cooked ribeyes after the game. I had not done a steak in over a month. Dang ribeye steak is goooood.

Good to see Sawnee back on board. I was worried and called him.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 38°F and cloudy. Little bit breezy. Clearing later for a high of 62°F.

Cats competed hard yesterday. Grady could not get open. We played Hogs close and nearly pulled it off. UK has a great team this year. Two more regular season games remain: Ole Miss and at Gators.

Taking a walk later and chores. Usual Sunday.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Happy-National-Strawberry-Day.jpeg

I was wondering where you were but the plumbing report is more than I wanted to know.
I really like the quote at the bottom of your post by "David Sergent" So very true and unfortunately many Americans would love to erase it. Not this boy.

I really admire Ukraine and their resistance against Putin. They are willing to fight for their nation. I hope our nation would do the same if we were invaded but sometimes I have my doubts most would. We don't even demand a secure Southern border.

Last edited:
36.0°F here on our way to 52°. It is not supposed to rain. I guess that I will have some grass growing this week.

The Cats just could not get over the hump yesterday. I predicted a loss at Ark and a loss at Florida. Wheeler and Washington were rusty. That loss will probably drop the Cats a line, but I don't see much difference other than you are going to get a good team one game earlier.

I cooked ribeyes after the game. I had not done a steak in over a month. Dang ribeye steak is goooood.

Good to see Sawnee back on board. I was worried and called him.
This basketball season has revealed a very strong SEC. Much stronger than I imagined. The SEC has always been a tough league and under rated, in my IMO, but this year may be different. I would like to see at least four SEC teams in the Sweet Sixteen. It could happen.

I can taste that ribeye. My favorite cut of beef. You know how to eat Bert

Good morning folks.

Tough loss yesterday. To me, the best way to look at it is that the Cats were going to have a game or two playing out of sync, and especially getting mediocre performances from TyTy and Wheeler, when both guards returned at the same time. It would have been fantastic to win but unsurprising to lose a close game.

I prefer to look at the bright side - virtually every other potential #1 seed lost, so the Cats’ post-season prospects weren’t hurt much.

Beautiful day here. Cold and clear. I hope you all are doing well.

Morning Legionnaires!

A cool 25° at wake-up time and a high of 56° on tap. Should get rid of most of the ice still on the ground today.

March madness right around the corner and I think that it is really going to get crazy this year. My only real hope outside of UK winning it all is that somehow Duke gets ousted early because if they make it to the FF I think it would be hard for anyone to beat them because there would be a push for K to go out on top. Think of the sports talk shows having a field day of feel-good stories as much as they slurp on him now.

Well, did not mean to ruin your mornings with a horror story so let's get back to having a good day.

@Bert Higginbotha , great to talk to you and just following up to make it official. I am all and well. Everything on my body is working as designed including my plumbing which is very important when you reach my age.

I just got back from our annual "Cracker Supper" that is held in Largo, Fl and put on by the Largo Historical Society. This is our 47th year.

Here is a little bit about it and some history. My grandpa traded at this feed store and it is now preserved and in a park downtown. My g-grandma was born in Largo, FL in 1853 and her grandfather was the first white man buried in Pinellas County, FL which has about 1 million residents today. They raised cotton and cattle.

https://largohistoricalsociety.com/news-events

rs=w:800,h:400,cg:true

Take care my friend and prayers for all of the D League.
That area of FL was tough to get to in the 1850's I believe. No roads, just by boat/ship. Maybe horse & wagon.

That area of FL was tough to get to in the 1850's I believe. No roads, just by boat/ship. Maybe horse & wagon.
I think that was the state of affairs in most areas of the U.S. My dad, born in 1902, said that when he was a kid it was hard to find a paved road in my part of Kentucky and that was 140 years after settlement. People used horses. The beauty of Kentucky was the extensive river system all over the state.

There is a thread on the Paddock about Scientology. Scientology pretends to be a church but it is a cult to make money. I posted a comment from a personal experience I had when I lived in Clearwater back in the 70s. They decided to make it their world headquarters and completely take over the town. They succeeded and now own the down town area, control the school board, control the city council, judges and police department. They run the whole show and the result is their beautiful downtown is dead. The other residents of the town stay away.

I moved away but always had in mind to retire there someday. When I visited I realized that was impossible due to their influence and control of the city.

Below is a website explaining their control and influence. It is a "Master Plan" on how to ruin a city.

ttps://www.fsunews.com/story/life/2017/03/19/history-scientology-clearwater-florida/99381438/

There is a thread on the Paddock about Scientology. Scientology pretends to be a church but it is a cult to make money. I posted a comment from a personal experience I had when I lived in Clearwater back in the 70s. They decided to make it their world headquarters and completely take over the town. They succeeded and now own the down town area, control the school board, control the city council, judges and police department. They run the whole show and the result is their beautiful downtown is dead. The other residents of the town stay away.

I moved away but always had in mind to retire there someday. When I visited I realized that was impossible due to their influence and control of the city.

Below is a website explaining their control and influence. It is a "Master Plan" on how to ruin a city.

ttps://www.fsunews.com/story/life/2017/03/19/history-scientology-clearwater-florida/99381438/
HBO did a good document on it. Sick. When HBO as liberal as they are goes after Scientology you know it has to be bad.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 38°F and cloudy. Little bit breezy. Clearing later for a high of 62°F.

Cats competed hard yesterday. Grady could not get open. We played Hogs close and nearly pulled it off. UK has a great team this year. Two more regular season games remain: Ole Miss and at Gators.

Taking a walk later and chores. Usual Sunday.

Happy-National-Strawberry-Day.jpeg

Good afternoon,

I have a fridge full of those. (Three boxes anyway) Usually the BB's to partake but I will have one too since it's that day.

All have a "berry" good day!

I really like the quote at the bottom of your post by "David Sergent" So very true and unfortunately many Americans would love to erase it. Not this boy.

I really admire Ukraine and their resistance against Putin. They are willing to fight for their nation. I hope our nation would do the same if we were invaded but sometimes I have my doubts most would. We don't even demand a secure Southern border.
Glad to see you post. I truly miss your devotionals. Not that I might need one, speaking for a friend.

00d7480564ace1dc5d2616219963f835.jpg

Prayers

I think that was the state of affairs in most areas of the U.S. My dad, born in 1902, said that when he was a kid it was hard to find a paved road in my part of Kentucky and that was 140 years after settlement. People used horses. The beauty of Kentucky was the extensive river system all over the state.
I recall visiting the Edison estate in Ft. Myers that was built in 1880s. Said the only way to get to FM then was by ship. Seemed strange.

Dang.... take a listen to this....(If you've a mind to...) Caught me off guard while I was scrolling down the Facebook page... (A seriously new twist with Willie's son singing the lead..)

Good morning from ATX. Currently 31°F, clear and calm. Our high today may reach 67°F. We'll take it.

Lady Cats won again yesterday. Six straight wins after a horrible start. Hearing they may reach the tournament.

I've been keeping up with events in Ukraine. Wish that senseless war would end immediately. Hoping the best for Ukrainian people.

Monday, Monday....

National-Chocolate-Souffle-Day-February-28-980x490.png

Good Morning all,

I hope you are all well. Back at it hard today! (Well as hard at it as you can work and still sit in a chair.)

Food for thought...

Had this two suppers ago...

274673632_5435064153173787_3419943623715770706_n.jpg

My Darling made a homemade lasagna. (Her first). I never got a picture as she had it sliced up to serve by the time I got to the table. Will have it a few meals as it was huge. Edible to the max though so no issues from this Ole boy... I am thankful! (My weight is actually trending back down. I am thankful as I was highly concerned. I am 15 pounds away from where I feel real good at.)

HBO did a good document on it. Sick. When HBO as liberal as they are goes after Scientology you know it has to be bad.

The Scientologist own about a half a billion dollars worth of property down town. It includes all of the historic buildings like the old Ft Harrison Hotel they converted into their headquarters. This is centered around their "complex" that consists of training classrooms where they teach their converts. As you drive down Cleveland Street, the main drag through town, you see the little Scientology converts dressed in white shirts and dark trousers carrying their notebooks and walking like zombies. There is no joy and very little interaction. Just marching to class like a brainwashed robot.

If you venture down there you feel an oppressive spirit that reminds one of demons. They ruined a wonderful place to grow up. This is what I like to do with the whole crowd.

2236645.gif

Morning Legionnaires!

66° on tap for today with 15-20mph winds. Most of the ice melted yesterday with just a couple of heavier piles still hanging on. Should be gone today. Tomorrow and Wednesday will see middle to high 70's with light winds. Have a couple of things to do tomorrow but, will bank fish afterwards. Wednesday I will test out my kayak with outrigging to see how stable it is.

Have a workout with a little cleaning to do today but, will get some more sleep in afterwards. Did not sleep well last night so...

Enjoy your day folks and God Bless.

Morning D-Leaguers. It is a sunny 26.8°F on our way to 56°. There is a hint of spring outside as I have some bulb plants coming to life. The grass is considerable longer than last week. Bluegrass and fescue will grow anytime it is above 40°.

We looked at the Arkansas game again and I feel better about the team. The Cats could not shoot worth a crap and still nearly won. I like this team.

You all have a good day.

We are in store for a picture perfect day with sunshine and cool temperatures. It is 64° and will climb to a high of 70°. My pool temperature is 84° so I might jump in this afternoon.

I really enjoy Rooster's train pictures. When I grew up trains were still the pulse and heart beat of America . Mama wanted the kids at the supper table around 5:00 PM and every day the Orange Blossom Special would arrive at the train station and blow that whistle. When the whistle blew we headed home. You could hear it a mile away. I rode on it from Jacksonville to Clearwater, so mama says, I was about 6 months old and remember back that far. As kids we would ask each other, "have you rode on that Orange Blossom Special" It was every kid's dream. Great times to be alive. "Rolling down that Seaboard Line.

5298dc56cf7a6ecda0b46b1fcc43f8e7.jpg

Last edited:
I may have posted about this before. Guy who works for me is older with health issues. He was made to get the shot to stay on a med program. About a month or so ago he had a zipper accident and sores/infections on his johnson. Saw docs several times and they prescribed meds no one local had. Took over a week to get them. Had his gall bladder out in the meantime. He called this morning. Tomorrow they are going to cut part of his johnson off. Don't know if the shot had any cause and effect or not, but have heard stories.

We are in store for a picture perfect day with sunshine and cool temperatures. It is 64° and will climb to a high of 70°. My pool temperature is 84° so I might jump in this afternoon.

I really enjoy Rooster's train pictures. When I grew up trains were still the pulse and heart beat of America . Mama wanted the kids at the supper table around 5:00 PM and every day the Orange Blossom Special would arrive at the train station and blow that whistle. When the whistle blew we headed home. You could hear it a mile away. I rode on it from Jacksonville to Clearwater, so mama says, because I was about 6 months old. As kids we would ask each other, "have you ever rode on that Orange Blossom Special" It was every kid's dream. Great times to be alive. "Rolling down that Seaboard Line.

Sir, I sure am glad you are back! Sincerely missed and appreciated.

Good Morning all,

I hope you are all well. Back at it hard today! (Well as hard at it as you can work and still sit in a chair.)

Food for thought...

Had this two suppers ago...

274673632_5435064153173787_3419943623715770706_n.jpg

My Darling made a homemade lasagna. (Her first). I never got a picture as she had it sliced up to serve by the time I got to the table. Will have it a few meals as it was huge. Edible to the max though so no issues from this Ole boy... I am thankful! (My weight is actually trending back down. I am thankful as I was highly concerned. I am 15 pounds away from where I feel real good at.)
I've never seen lasagna quite like that.

I really enjoy Rooster's train pictures. When I grew up trains were still the pulse and heart beat of America . Mama wanted the kids at the supper table around 5:00 PM and every day the Orange Blossom Special would arrive at the train station and blow that whistle. When the whistle blew we headed home. You could hear it a mile away.
Like most kids of that time, sounds like you were raised "free range".

Most of us who live down here go to different places than the tourist. We have our special beach and restaurants that visitors are not aware of. Here is a place off the beaten path that you have to go out of your way to get to. It is not far but isolated and just off the touristy area. It is called Inn On The Gulf and has a 5 star restaurant. (I am doing the rating so I have to say IMO) LOL. They have the freshest seafood and get it off the docks right by the restaurant.

Across the road is another great hang out, Sam's Bar and Grill. This is like a sports bar where you can get buckets of oysters and any other seafood you want. It is Hudson Beach and in a different county than I live in but worth the trip down there.

241684507_4876154712414197_1611985234530189349_n.jpg

I really enjoy Rooster's train pictures. When I grew up trains were still the pulse and heart beat of America . Mama wanted the kids at the supper table around 5:00 PM and every day the Orange Blossom Special would arrive at the train station and blow that whistle. When the whistle blew we headed home. You could hear it a mile away. I rode on it from Jacksonville to Clearwater, so mama says, because I was about 6 months old. As kids we would ask each other, "have you ever rode on that Orange Blossom Special" It was every kid's dream. Great times to be alive. "Rolling down that Seaboard Line.

Would love to take my family on that journey just for the nostalgia. So much has changed

Afternoon D Leaguers.
My older sister was in town over the weekend...she lives in Little Rock, Ark. Need I say more.
It was nice to see her, she was happy. I had to endure Wooo Pig Soooie more than I cared too though.
I'm confident I'll get some revenge...
Be fun, have safe.

Bert...we aint losing AT Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT