ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

We are in store for a picture perfect day with sunshine and cool temperatures. It is 64° and will climb to a high of 70°. My pool temperature is 84° so I might jump in this afternoon.

I really enjoy Rooster's train pictures. When I grew up trains were still the pulse and heart beat of America . Mama wanted the kids at the supper table around 5:00 PM and every day the Orange Blossom Special would arrive at the train station and blow that whistle. When the whistle blew we headed home. You could hear it a mile away. I rode on it from Jacksonville to Clearwater, so mama says, because I was about 6 months old. As kids we would ask each other, "have you ever rode on that Orange Blossom Special" It was every kid's dream. Great times to be alive. "Rolling down that Seaboard Line.

5298dc56cf7a6ecda0b46b1fcc43f8e7.jpg

Would love to take my family on that journey just for the nostalgia. So much has changed

Afternoon D Leaguers.
My older sister was in town over the weekend...she lives in Little Rock, Ark. Need I say more.
It was nice to see her, she was happy. I had to endure Wooo Pig Soooie more than I cared too though.
I'm confident I'll get some revenge...
Be fun, have safe.

Bert...we aint losing AT Florida.

Good Morning all,

I hope you are all well. Back at it hard today! (Well as hard at it as you can work and still sit in a chair.)

Food for thought...

Had this two suppers ago...

274673632_5435064153173787_3419943623715770706_n.jpg

My Darling made a homemade lasagna. (Her first). I never got a picture as she had it sliced up to serve by the time I got to the table. Will have it a few meals as it was huge. Edible to the max though so no issues from this Ole boy... I am thankful! (My weight is actually trending back down. I am thankful as I was highly concerned. I am 15 pounds away from where I feel real good at.)

I downloaded that photo for my wallpaper. Gonna stare at it next time I'm eating my workday peanut butter sandwich. Hope I don't gain any more weight from looking at this like I have from looking at the "food of the day" posts. I need to lose 30lbs

The Ft Harrison Hotel which serves as the International Headquarters of the Church of Scientology. The symbol on the building in the right side of the picture is that of Scientology.

One trivia question involving this hotel. In the 1960's The Rolling Stones were staying there during a tour and wrote the hit "Satisfaction" out by the pool.

original_1442287015ftharry.jpg

I don't want to beat this subject into the ground but this video of propaganda will illustrate what is going on.

https://www.scientology.org/churches/flag-land-base/

Last edited:
The Ft Harrison Hotel which serves as the International Headquarters of the Church of Scientology. The symbol on the building in the right side of the picture is that of Scientology.

One trivia question involving this hotel. In the 1960's The Rolling Stones were staying there during a tour and wrote the hit "Satisfaction" out by the pool.

original_1442287015ftharry.jpg

I don't want to beat this subject into the ground but this video of propaganda will illustrate what is going on.

https://www.scientology.org/churches/flag-land-base/

Wow. Loved the old hotels like this in FL. Hate to see it turned into that. The only reason it's a religion is because of the tax breaks.

There's a scientology office or building in downtown Chicago near Michigan Ave that a friend told me about decades ago. I remembered our convo about it years ago and went by to check it out when I was in town. Same creepy feeling you mentioned when walking around that building

I have commented that my wife is from Kentucky and comes from a large family. They also live a long and loving life. This picture is of one of her relatives who recently celebrated 76 years of marriage. Happy anniversary Mae and Edsel. He was around before the Edsel automobile by the way. I kidded him that they named it after him. He didn't think that was funny.

76 years is a long time to be married to a person. I don't care who you are. They were married in 1946.

274990830_10209890059245020_2450107213631073175_n.jpg

I have commented that my wife is from Kentucky and comes from a large family. They also live a long and loving life. This picture is of one of her relatives who recently celebrated 76 years of marriage. Happy anniversary Mae and Edsel. He was around before the Edsel automobile by the way. I kidded him that they named it after him. He didn't think that was funny.

76 years is a long time to be married to a person. I don't care who you are. They were married in 1946.

My day has been blessed to see this. Thank you!

That is twice as long as I have been married. Just a true blessing to my heart. I cannot imagine the depth of their love. I am sure willing to try though. I could go further but I will stop with God Bless them. They Blessed me...

Last edited:

This is awesome, and inspiring! Wow

Happy anniversary, indeed!!

Afternoon D Leaguers.
My older sister was in town over the weekend...she lives in Little Rock, Ark. Need I say more.
It was nice to see her, she was happy. I had to endure Wooo Pig Soooie more than I cared too though.
I'm confident I'll get some revenge...
Be fun, have safe.

Bert...we aint losing AT Florida.
I pray that you are correct, you long-legged dude!

Good Morning D League

I am on my second cup of coffee and watching the sun coming up. We have 53° and will top out at 71° with sunny skies and 10 mph winds off of the Gulf. 1% chance of rain, all in all a pleasant day.

Take care all and keep the faith. Our nation is ready for anything that comes. We are WOKE. What, me worry? Brandon will give us the facts tonight. But I will be watching the Cats.

Practice your pronouns because it is very important.

274352610_5119087058152414_4989994195476247541_n.jpg

Good morning folks. Work issues had me up early, so I've knocked out a long walk and am starting work.

Senior night for the Wildcats. It means a lot less than it used to, back when we'd watch guys for four years, then see them off. But I'm very happy for Davion Mintz, who seems like a great kid, and who after the tragedy of last year has finally gotten to experience Kentucky basketball this year. Cal will start him of course, but it may be more than a nod to Senior day. I predict Cal is ready to try the four guards out, Oscar in formation, with Wheeler-TyTy-Grady-Mintz spreading teams out and letting Oscar deal with the paint.

With Senior Day in mind, here's a clip I know you've all seen many times, but that still gets to me.

This week I lost a cousin I loved as much as a man can love a cousin. He was really my "big brother" and he taught me to ride a horse and other things boys did when I grew up. He was an avid UK fan and we would talk after games and celebrate or point out the team's faults in the event of a rare loss. We also traveled to watch the Cats on the road. We attend all of the Big Four Classics in Indianapolis with UK, IU, ND and UL would play each year. I would fly up and we would drive to the game together along with other cousins and uncles.

This is a portion of his obituary and illustrates his love for UK. Rest in Peace Larry. You are missed and UK lost a lifelong passionate fan.

Larry will be remembered for being an honorable man who was kind, caring, and had a good sense of humor. He loved to cook and show you his love through food. He was an avid fan of college basketball and March madness was his favorite time of year. The University of Kentucky Wildcats will forever be his favorite team.

Hello All,
Sorry to hear about the losses. I hurt for you as well.

I've been contemplating my options. I'm getting close to it now. I have a dilemma. Do I pack it in and go with the flow or do I do what my insides tell me to do, give my last roar and see if I can instill some fortitude for good into those around me before I retire. (If the Lord doesn't take me home.) I know what I am going to do but I see what it will bring me and I am not looking forward to that part. I still have broad shoulders. Just real thankful for this thread and the people in it. You keep me focused and half-way sane. Thank you!

I may add a few more if I see any good ones.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 36°F and clear. Crisp. Today's high expected around 73°F. Nice.

Last home game of the season tonight. UK favored by 16 over Ole Miss. Tip-off just after 7 pm EST. Go Cats!

Another February in the books....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

185934864f48556cdf881459739352d3.jpg

Just watched a video recipe for a fruit compote last night. You're freakin me out with this stuff!!

Good morning folks. Work issues had me up early, so I've knocked out a long walk and am starting work.

Senior night for the Wildcats. It means a lot less than it used to, back when we'd watch guys for four years, then see them off. But I'm very happy for Davion Mintz, who seems like a great kid, and who after the tragedy of last year has finally gotten to experience Kentucky basketball this year. Cal will start him of course, but it may be more than a nod to Senior day. I predict Cal is ready to try the four guards out, Oscar in formation, with Wheeler-TyTy-Grady-Mintz spreading teams out and letting Oscar deal with the paint.

With Senior Day in mind, here's a clip I know you've all seen many times, but that still gets to me.

Senior Day in football and basketball always get to me. Always emotional for players I know are playing their last home game. I'll be misty eyed for Oscar and the others tonight as I've grown fond of the young men.

This week I lost a cousin I loved as much as a man can love a cousin. He was really my "big brother" and he taught me to ride a horse and other things boys did when I grew up. He was an avid UK fan and we would talk after games and celebrate or point out the team's faults in the event of a rare loss. We also traveled to watch the Cats on the road. We attend all of the Big Four Classics in Indianapolis with UK, IU, ND and UL would play each year. I would fly up and we would drive to the game together along with other cousins and uncles.

This is a portion of his obituary and illustrates his love for UK. Rest in Peace Larry. You are missed and UK lost a lifelong passionate fan.

Larry will be remembered for being an honorable man who was kind, caring, and had a good sense of humor. He loved to cook and show you his love through food. He was an avid fan of college basketball and March madness was his favorite time of year. The University of Kentucky Wildcats will forever be his favorite team.

Very sorry for your loss, Sawnee Cat. For you it will seem too long, but for him it will seem like just a minute until you see each other again. May he rest peacefully

Isn't it about time for Bertfan31 to get out of Cats Illustrated jail?

Maybe Leon Russel can sing him out. We need you Bertfan31

Hank Wilson's Back. A fantastic LP if you like your "honky tonk" straight.
According to Bert², today's the day, but I ain't holding my breath. Just anticipating with a silly grin. basketball and
b3NyGpJC_o.jpg

Very sorry for your loss, Sawnee Cat. For you it will seem too long, but for him it will seem like just a minute until you see each other again. May he rest peacefully
Thank you, eternity and time will be no more.

A picture below tells the story of our childhood. He taught me to ride a horse and plow the bottom 5 acres with a mule. He was the best plow boy on the creek and would plow gardens for a $1 bill. That is what we did in the 50's. RIP cousin, you were closer than a brother. I will miss that phone call after the game tonight. Larry was a graduate of Belfry High School in Pike County and loved his Pirates too. He played basketball back in the 50's during the King Kelly Coleman years.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teTQMALuiZ6WM4f8EAye1gfmKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

'Till you meet again!

Last edited:
Thank you, eternity and time will be no more.

A picture below tells the story of our childhood. He taught me to ride a horse and plow the bottom 5 acres with a mule. He was the best plow boy on the creek and would plow gardens for a $1 bill. That is what we did in the 50's. RIP cousin, you were closer than a brother. I will miss that phone call after the game tonight. Larry was a graduate of Belfry High School in Pike County and loved his Pirates too. He played basketball back in the 50's during the King Kelly Coleman years.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teTQMALuiZ6WM4f8EAye1gfmKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

Reactions: awf and BBUK
Meet FP260. He is doing well and has passed his test of remaining in the wild and feeding on natural prey. Which is a good thing.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and Florida Fish and Wildlife and Conservation Commission (FWC) continue monitoring FP260’s location. For the past several weeks the panther has been located on public conservation land and feeding on natural prey. Given the panther's recent behavior, we and our conservation partners, including FWC, are pausing plans to remove FP260 from the wild.

274733234_323840076437278_4151866773830449486_n.jpg

Meet FP260. He is doing well and has passed his test of remaining in the wild and feeding on natural prey. Which is a good thing.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and Florida Fish and Wildlife and Conservation Commission (FWC) continue monitoring FP260’s location. For the past several weeks the panther has been located on public conservation land and feeding on natural prey. Given the panther's recent behavior, we and our conservation partners, including FWC, are pausing plans to remove FP260 from the wild.

274733234_323840076437278_4151866773830449486_n.jpg
There is nothing wrong being conservative . . . especially with endangered species. We learned that subsidized predators can and are perfectly content with eating their preferred prey into extinction. Low numbers of top predators is indicative of a limited resource and usually not the problem. It's well-intended mis-informed do-gooders being Simpletons.

Swamp inhabitants including pythons and the like can and do use this. Predation of the swamp deer fawns is real and not likely the lion but they'll finish the job and get the blame. It's all the swamp predators. A lion roams for many reasons. If it's for food, a steer (or your dog) will do and become a subsidized predator further jeopardizing the deer pop. The USF&WS is a federal agency so don't expect competency. Conservation partners . . . uh oh. Agenda driven subsidizers.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT