ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Hard to see clearly but it is graphic... 51 seconds

I will delete it if you think I should.

Amazing... we are on page 4444 of a thread that just passed 2-22-22 on the 24th. Heck that must mean something. 😁

Uh, speaking of four. Tell me what is strange about this untouched picture of an elevator in Korea!! (I took this picture.)

11054511_1028426600504253_9205601159855443466_o.jpg

Superstitions are real in Korea to this extreme.

Last edited:

@_Rooster @awf

I added a few to keep from posting too many times. Some good ones.

Last edited:

This is some early aerial footage that is still amazing...

Chimps hunting...

A bunch of these came up. Thought I'd share. (I left off the worst ones.)

Last edited:
Good morning, D-League

Yep. Some people's elevators don't go all the way to the top...

A friend of mine used to call Hooters restaurant "the 4th floor" so as not to alert certain sensitive folk to his true destination. The building they worked was only 3 floors tall. I don't know how effective the ruse was, but it was never unlucky.

Not much else to say. Have a great day (or not, as you wish)

Happy Friday folks. Damn, that clam chowder looks good Austin, though here in Maryland you are more likely to find good CRAB chowder. In fact, I know a palce that makes great crab chowder and I think I'll go there tomorrow.

I did my walk in an ice storm this morning. The trees are thickly glazed in ice, which is quite lovely, but there are going to be lots of people coming into my wife's hospital today with busted asses or worse. The ground is an ice rink and it sneaks up on you.

Big weekend for the Cats. Honestly I'm not expecting to get out of Bud Walton with a W even if we get Wheeler back. First game back is never easy for a PG, and the Hogs will be pressuring like mad.

I still think the Cats could get a #1 seed even with a loss, but also think the team can get healthy, get in a rhythm, and make a run from a #2 seed.

I hope you all have a good day.

Good afternoon, D, read 6 this morning, I really would like to see some sunshine!!!!! It's been spitting snow all morning!

Had a follow up with the doctor today, he went over the lab results, and it looks like I am in good healt, so I came home a celebrated with some grapes, banana and some pineapple! No, I didn't I had a sausage burger, pickles, onion and a slice of cheese, for dessert a slab of dark chocolate!!!!

I hope the CATS win this game tomorrow!!! Hog fans are about as bad a Tennessee fans!!!

My daughter and hubby made it to Loserville and back yesterday, saw some wrecks on the way up there including a 7-car pile-up at the Muhlenberg-Ohio County line on the Green River bridge! Now we just wait to see what the brain scan says.

Delivered another TBL shield today, on to the next one. I need to make a THIN RED LINE for a friend who worked for the fire department, who always was there to her our MOM when she fell, when she was living.

I hope the D has a great day and prayers for the D!!!!!

Hello All,
My RDO today. My Darling and I took the Booger Butt to school, we then went to Aldi's (Strawberries and Blueberries for the BB. His favorite.), commissary (Got our stash of meats.), went to our Asian super market (Lotte) and loaded down with vegetables, rice, and such. Bought a small bag of brown rice as I hadn't had that in a long while and decided it was time. Just got home and I will work on "The Taxes" again until it is time to go pick up the BB. I guess we are prepared for any truckers strike.
The BB and I played long and hard last night before he went to bed. I just looked at my username. It stood for Big Blue for UK but in light of my Grandson I think my username should rightfully stand for Booger Butt for UK. He sure likes his UK Cap.

Have a great day!

(He never wears a cap unless it is his UK Cap.)

274466139_5432266576786878_3515181628165901596_n.jpg

That's his cousin dubbed Little Booger for cause. (They are Papa's babies.)

Happy Friday folks. Damn, that clam chowder looks good Austin, though here in Maryland you are more likely to find good CRAB chowder. In fact, I know a palce that makes great crab chowder and I think I'll go there tomorrow.

I did my walk in an ice storm this morning. The trees are thickly glazed in ice, which is quite lovely, but there are going to be lots of people coming into my wife's hospital today with busted asses or worse. The ground is an ice rink and it sneaks up on you.

Big weekend for the Cats. Honestly I'm not expecting to get out of Bud Walton with a W even if we get Wheeler back. First game back is never easy for a PG, and the Hogs will be pressuring like mad.

I still think the Cats could get a #1 seed even with a loss, but also think the team can get healthy, get in a rhythm, and make a run from a #2 seed.

I hope you all have a good day.
"They" say all movement should originate from the center of your body because those (upper leg/waist area) are the bigger stronger muscles. "They" say you should be able to not fall if you are in the process of sitting down and someone pulls the chair out from under you. It should make you stronger, faster, and better balanced. Then again, ice is slick. I used to be good about originating center movement, but I get inattentive as I get older.

I debated whether to post this for a while. Alisha was DW's step-niece. We attended her funeral Wednesday. Pretty much everything they say about her I always found to be true. One nice kid, kid to us at least.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...estic-violence-laws-kentucky-dies/6843949001/

After this event, DW's brother Jim modified their attached garage to create a nursing space with a huge wheel-in shower room, big living space with room to maneuver beds & slings, and a lift to get her up the several stairs’ offset from the garage level to the main house area. I helped him a bit. Then after her mother died 6-7 years ago, he continued to be her primary care giver for another 3-4 years, but about 2 years back she need to go on full-time respiratory support that he just couldn’t have done at home. So she was in a hyper-care, long-term living facility in Rockcastle County until her internal organs started failing from lack of use/movement. Jim traveled the 100+ miles each way every week to visit her & talked with her often. She was transferred to the UK Med Center for her last few days when her kidneys gave out. It was known this would ultimately be the ending.

Alisha was pre-school age when Jim got together with her mom. She had minor mental issues – weak at her school work though she tried - due to her also being born 3 months premature. I think that contributed to her marrying the dumbass that did this because she was so trusting.

On a side note, one of her cousins was present at the funeral in his Marine Corps Sergeant Major dress blues. Impressive. He was quite decorated. I suppose you need to be to achieve SM rank. I'd never been around such an individual before. He's been in for 21-22 years and wants to retire, but the MC won't let him yet. Alisha's older brother is retiring from the Navy in June with 20+ years.

Last edited:
Good morning folks. Back in the upper 30s here. Good coffee drinking weather after a long walk through the woods. I saw a beautiful hawk today, and huge. I swear the thing was as big as the occasional Bald Eagle we see in the woods around here. I'm going to take it as a good omen for the Cats, tough I did not see the Great Blue Heron that I used to consider my lucky omen. He let me down a lot last hoops season, so maybe just as well.

Getting set for the Arkansas game I went back and watched a couple classic battles with the Hogs - the 1978 Final Four game where Arkansas had three big, athletic, talented guards in Ron Brewer, Sidney Moncrief and Marvin Delph. A great team and probably a tougher challenge for the Macy-Givens-Robey team than Duke in the Finals.

Then I watched the 1995 SEC Finals, still one of the most absurdly entertaining games ever played. So many momentum shifts. Then the Cats fell behind by NINE in OT with a minute 39 to go. And still pulled it out.

I'll never forget the day that game was played in March, 1995. I was living in DC, but traveling for work. I took a detour of a hundred miles or so to watch the game with my dad and brothers in Kentucky. What jubilation when the Cats won. Moments like that are why we're all lifetime fanatics.

Morning Legionnaires!

20° right now with a high of about 36° expected. Still have the ice on the ground that came in Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Have not had above freezing temps until today. Solid hard slick surface outside still. Nothing has melted since that night. Roads were salted Wednesday afternoon so, wife went to work Thursday and Friday.

GAME DAY!
Game-day.gif

I guess I should do a multiple post of the 4449 when it rolls around. I've been blessed to see it 5 times. Only once was it stationary. The whistle is just unforgettable.
I've yet to see it roll but it's a bucket list Item. Fortunately I got to see the Big Boy run through Arkansas, MO & IL last summer so I got to check that one off the list.

Here's a photo I grabbed of that chase.
66peij.jpg

@Bert Higginbotha , great to talk to you and just following up to make it official. I am all and well. Everything on my body is working as designed including my plumbing which is very important when you reach my age.

I just got back from our annual "Cracker Supper" that is held in Largo, Fl and put on by the Largo Historical Society. This is our 47th year.

Here is a little bit about it and some history. My grandpa traded at this feed store and it is now preserved and in a park downtown. My g-grandma was born in Largo, FL in 1853 and her grandfather was the first white man buried in Pinellas County, FL which has about 1 million residents today. They raised cotton and cattle.

https://largohistoricalsociety.com/news-events

rs=w:800,h:400,cg:true

Take care my friend and prayers for all of the D League.

Just amazes how so many teams are slapping away as a way to play the game. Ar-Kansas is not as physically hitting people but they are making tons of contact that is going un-called.

Was going to ask, as I missed the entire game. Thanks for posting this.

I expected it to be that way this game. Really hate the SEC lets this crap go on in league play. They're hurting the league in doing so

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT