ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 40°F and partly cloudy. We're expecting around a 73°F high for today. Nice.

Loved Cats' season sweep of the Tide. Live and die by the 3. Bama beat the daylights out of UK last season. Next up: LSU.

Jumping on a few chores after bit. Must grocery shop around noon. Off tomorrow.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

cherry-pie-day.jpg
I just saw this..(7:40PM)...the Director has a cherry pie in the oven........timing is everything.......also fresh whipped cream.....

Good morning from ATX. Currently 62°F and cloudy. Heading to 83°F for our high.

Happy President's Day. I'm off. Plan on walking, clearing off my desk plus another project this morning. Must take pup to the vet.

@Bkocats : Y'all have fun at the game. Go Cats!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

7a2d21bcf4d08c2ae50ff55906d0f3a1.jpg

Last edited:
Morning D
Utterly proud of our team. Took a massive punch in the mouth early, but never panicked. Played their hearts out without our starting backcourt
These guys are special
Evening D
Well….for the first time in about 18 years, Rob and I will be seeing our Cats play live
Got some pretty darn good tickets for Wednesdays game vs LSU
Needless to say. I’m excited lol
Some people on RR, just SMH!!!!

Good Morning folks. It is a warm 44.4°F with cirrus clouds letting the sun partially through. Those cirrus clouds usually indicate a warm front coming through. We are supposed to get up to 64 and a good chance for rain. That is going to make my grass start growing big time.

Happy Presidents day. George Washington would be 290 years old tomorrow. But he was born under the Julian calendar which would make his birthday February 11. I ain't smart enough to figure all this old stuff out.

Of course my dad would be 120 come March 8.

See you all a little later.

Good morning D-League. I hope all is well. Light work day today, in that the endless boring meetings I normally have to attend are all canceled for the holiday. The rest will go smooth enough.

Cold and clear today. Great weather for my morning walk. Now some coffee and ease into the day.

I hope it is a good one for all of you.

Good morning D!

My Mom suffered a heart attack last Wednesday. They've been doing a lot of tests with some confusing results as to the cause. The final test today is a cardiac cath which is risky but especially so for an 87-year old in declining health. Unfortunately Baptist East only allows one relative for visitation, my Dad. Mom. to no one's surprise is in good spirits.

Hope all are well. Go Cats!

Good morning D!

My Mom suffered a heart attack last Wednesday. They've been doing a lot of tests with some confusing results as to the cause. The final test today is a cardiac cath which is risky but especially so for an 87-year old in declining health. Unfortunately Baptist East only allows one relative for visitation, my Dad. Mom. to no one's surprise is in good spirits.

Hoping and wishing for the best 82....poke around the hospital and look for some scrubs......I did that years ago.....my kid sister had an anuisim when she was 12 yrs old.....she was in ICU for 3 months......I found some green scrubs and sat with her for a long while before the nurses realized what the ruse was.......I got the bum rush.....but I got to sit with her......

Good morning D!

I have been there and done that.

I was only 64, but on a very positive side the doctors can do wonders. That is not going to keep you from worrying but the heart docs are outstanding.

Good morning D!

Prayers sent.

Happy Presidents day. George Washington would be 290 years old tomorrow. But he was born under the Julian calendar which would make his birthday February 11. I ain't smart enough to figure all this old stuff out.

Of course my dad would be 120 come March 8.

See you all a little later.
  • I share my 8th GGF Capt. Lawrence Washington's GF
  • OK. So Feb. 11, 1731 Julian & Feb. 22, 1732 Gregorian were the same day. And I thought DST was bad
  • Dad would have been 89 April 24.
Good morning D!

My Mom suffered a heart attack last Wednesday.
atVwYGnz_o.jpg
I've been told that ancestral saints hear me. Not being Catholic I donot know this. Having been saved (and baptisted) wouldn't change this so, I like to think they listen too.

Last edited:
Good morning D!

Best wishes to your mother.

I hope all's day was good. I got up about 9:30. Made a pan of biscuits. They came out good. My Darlings car needed some work. (A little snow stuff.) I got the parts this past week. (Bought the parts for about $230.00. Still have the bumper cover to buy as it was not in stock. That's $233.00 more plus getting it painted.) Had an estimate from a body shop for $2350.00. (I needed to do some manual labor anyway. Getting soft.) Got all the parts put back on except, I will put the old bumper cover back on tomorrow or the next day so we can drive it.

I changed the oil in both cars today too. BUT, I drive a Mazda 3 as my commuter car. (Have had several offers to buy this car. Will explain why another time.) I ordered a couple oil filters. (I have changed it before but never remember the type.) I used the VIN number to order the oil filter... Yeah the filters I received were wrong. Of course I already drained the oil. Ended up putting the old filter back on as that is our only car until I get the wife's fixed.

I will have to change it again once I receive the correct filters. Just wasted most of the mileage out of the Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil (5-Quart, Single). I despise waste.... I think my Darlings brake pads are okay but I may replace those too while the weather is nice. Oh well, I am not complaining other than the waste that occurred. Back at it tomorrow if the Lord doesn't take me home. God Bless you all...

274318408_5420715354608667_9189135808357205041_n.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning fro m ATX. Currently 68°F, mostly cloudy and breezy. High today topping out at 84°F shortly before another cold front moves in.

@UK82 : Best wishes to your mother.

Listened to Coach Cal's call in show yesterday afternoon. Mintz played the full 40 minutes of the Bama game. Cal said TyTy and Sahvir Wheeler are still day-to-day.

Took our pup to two vets yesterday, one her surgeon. Surgeon says she's fully healed. Good news indeed.

Back to work today. Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

LP_MargaritaDay.jpg

Good morning folks. Happy Twosday.

Was channel surfing last night and happened to catch the end of the Ohio State - Indiana game. The Curse of Bobby Knight is still alive and well. I've never seen a bunch that could figure out more ways to lose. IT just makes me appreciate Kentucky's sustained success all the more. There have been down periods in the six decades I've been a fan, but they haven't lasted decades. Indiana is in a stretch where they've only made the tournament four times in 14 years, and barring a miracle this will be the 20th straight year not to advance past the Sweet 16. A mediocre year like Kentucky's in 2019 when tthe Cats lost in OT with a chance to go to the Final Four would have been Indiana's best year since 2002.

As for the Cats, interesting news that Oscar is at least considering a return.

I hope you all have a good day.

Hello all, have a great day!

A little Killer Whale and Seal action...

A little Lizard and Snake video too...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT