ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Meh, just a little ice. Hope no more sleet comes. Bringing up trash cans from the street was a slippery adventure.

273217553_10225650183901974_1992042185718577268_n.jpg
Nice little building to turn into a pigeon loft.........

Hey folks, I just finished watching the replay bluray of the Vandy game.

Being sober and going back and re-watching plays the officiating sucked.

I am going to watch the next vandy game and see if they allow Pippen to shove off with his off arm ever damned play. It really sucked.

Looked at the calendar wrong...suck it! Got my dates mixed up.
Game is Feb.5th.
Alabama vs Arkansas is Feb. 12th game. Free Nick Saban underwear night
I thought maybe they had pushed it back for some reason. I went all around looking and couldn't find anything about it. As far as I'm concerned, you owe me about 3 minutes. A cold beer will settle the debt.

For you Bengals fans who haven't seen this -- and even for non-Bengal fans who enjoy the human capacity for pure joy affiliated with a long-sought outcome for a beloved sports team. (best watched full screen.)
Even though I'm a life-long Cowboys fan, I've always wanted Bengals to finally win the big one. Watched both Super Bowls they played and pulled for 'em each time. Fingers crossed, I sincerely hope this season is it. Plan on hitting up Pizza Hut for pizza and wings on game day.

Evening D
What a mess out there. Was beginning to think all we were gonna get was cold rain
Last few hours we’ve had heavy sleet and freezing rain
Everything is covered and one of our trees in the backyard looks like it’s about to break
My work hasn’t closed the office yet..will find out in the morning if they do
But rob is not keen on me having to drive anywhere. Even in the Jeep

hope everyone stays safe and warm
Hugs

man’s I think we’re supposed to get snow too?

Evening D
What a mess out there. Was beginning to think all we were gonna get was cold rain
Last few hours we’ve had heavy sleet and freezing rain
Everything is covered and one of our trees in the backyard looks like it’s about to break
My work hasn’t closed the office yet..will find out in the morning if they do
But rob is not keen on me having to drive anywhere. Even in the Jeep

hope everyone stays safe and warm
Hugs

man’s I think we’re supposed to get snow too?
It's nasty out. Rob's right on this one. Don't drive. Just looking out my window there are very few cars on the road and the brave souls are moving really slowly. My garbage can lid was already stuck. Stay put.

While my wife has been away this week I finally got the chance to watch the 1st season of Breaking Bad. I actually quite like it so far. Donna would hate it.
I haven't watched any of yet but I've been meaning to. What I did do was break bad and put banana plugs on all my connections. Left and right on receiver to the main speakers and on the Marantz and A/B switch.

24 in all. Turned on the turntable and no sound. Took the tube buffer out of line and retried. Still no sound. Tried the receiver and the only sound came out of center channel.

I decided the problem must be at the speakers and took off the banana plugs and went with straight wire and it played. Same with the right channel. Must be the cheapo 5 way posts that came with the speaker kit.

Funny thing is, still no tunes from the turntable. I've had enough fun with it today. I'll start on it tomorrow with a clear head and no aches from getting down on the floor and back up again.

My niece is a reporter/anchor for a local news station. She's 8 months pregnant and still has to go out in this weather. Gets up at 2:30 AM to report to work at 4 AM. Tough kid but she has no choice. Kid is a relative term. She's 34.

I haven't watched any of yet but I've been meaning to. What I did do was break bad and put banana plugs on all my connections. Left and right on receiver to the main speakers and on the Marantz and A/B switch.

24 in all. Turned on the turntable and no sound. Took the tube buffer out of line and retried. Still no sound. Tried the receiver and the only sound came out of center channel.

I decided the problem must be at the speakers and took off the banana plugs and went with straight wire and it played. Same with the right channel. Must be the cheapo 5 way posts that came with the speaker kit.

Funny thing is, still no tunes from the turntable. I've had enough fun with it today. I'll start on it tomorrow with a clear head and no aches from getting down on the floor and back up again.
Are the posts screwed all the way down when you plugged in the bananas?

They should be, I meant to screw them all down. I'll start with that tomorrow. Does that really matter? The plug goes into the same post the wire does. I looked at the backside of the round plastic piece that holds the posts on the speaker because I thought that maybe there were 2 choices to hook the wire from the crossover but there is only one option. They are soldered so I know there is no problem there.

They should be, I meant to screw them all down. I'll start with that tomorrow. Does that really matter? The plug goes into the same post the wire does. I looked at the backside of the round plastic piece that holds the posts on the speaker because I thought that maybe there were 2 choices to hook the wire from the crossover but there is only one option. They are soldered so I know there is no problem there.
No the banana plugs into the center hole of the post. Not the bare wire.

I put the banana plug in the end where it goes. I put the bare wire through the little hole in the post where it goes and then tighten the nut down. I know I have all the polarity's correct because I checked it several times for each plug.
OK, so you're not putting the banana plug in the same hole as the bare wire? Let me think on this one.

Good evening, D-League!

Hope yall and your loved ones are doing well. Just got down to freezing temps here. Rain is still coming down pretty good. Water's already over the banks early in this storm. We'll see if we stay dry. God willing, we will.

THE European jerk just came out with another movie with tons of gun violence. Over and over this hypocrite has put them out. Once liked him as an actor, before I knew how much of fraud and a snob he is. Liam Neeson is "for gun control" here in the US. Has made plenty of comments trashing people here in this country and "their guns," and yet like a typical elitist not worth his weight in dung he promotes shooting people vigilante style in another bad movie. He makes his money HERE, and flips off the audience at the same time.

Why can't this guy work with Alec Baldwin on a trilogy?

I'm really tired of all the self-righteous whores in theater/TV. I'm tired of all of the historically ignorant pedophiles acting like THEY are THE intelligent evolved, when they are simply skilled at lying and cravenly enslaved by their own lust for money and sensory stimulation..

It's bad enough that they can't tell an accurate story, much less one they could film without having to bring in so much modern, fringe BS, as if it is mainstream in this country.

I'm salty this evening.

May y'all stay safe and warm, and may your power stay on by the grace of God!

Strange stuff. 23 degrees & sleet for hours, not ice, not snow. Probably close to 2". Started as freezing rain, less than 1/4" on driveways under the sleet & on trees. Still going. Can't recall ever seeing 23 degrees & anything but snow before this.
Still sleeting here too. Not sure how much we have. Temps down to 25
Thank God our office called it; we are closed tomorrow so don’t have to worry about driving anywhere. Rob is relieved because he knows I would have tried to go in, regardless

Got that Elvis feel...
The 1st time I ever heard of Imelda was on Elvis Presley's website featuring an Imelda May mp3 of My Baby Left Me. Never had a crush on Elvis. but Imelda was another matter. I found her transitory, taking me to far away inspirational places the last dozen years or so.

This video brings back one of my favorite memories.

My daughter came in from a school function, probably her freshman year. I watched this special, and she sat down right beside old dad on the couch and watched the rest of the show with me.

I think she had had a bad day, and this performance cheered her up. She seemed genuinely interested as I talked about Les Paul and Mary Ford. Mainly about the many innovations, Les brought to the music world.

My favorite part was when she used an expression she had heard me and my "real" musician friends use on occasion. She did not even look up; as Jeff Beck was playing, she said, "He is the "real deal" ain't he?" :)

Thank you for posting a great memory. :)

Edit to clarify: My friends are the real musicians, I just hack out a few chords here and there around the house.
You're welcome. Jeff's Rock'n Roll Party tribute to Les and Mary with Imelda was a real eye opener for folks unfamiliar with Rock 'n Roll roots. Here's Les Paul splaining.

After practice Jeff & Imelda doing Les Paul & Mary Ford.

The visit was held up a few hours as the Secret Service was combing over the records to make sure he did not have any plutonium on him. 😁
During a bring your child to work day. My son asked the lead chemist of the State of Arizona formulations regulatory lab where he kept his Plutonium and he explained that the federal government would not let him have any.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT