ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Remember this guy... loved his grit and control. A true technician with a baseball in baseball. Just loved watching him pitch.

270034979_1982023085319370_4262229145641900455_n.jpg

Enjoyed Glavine too but not as much. Smoltzy was Smoltzy....

Morning D
Well I’m not really upset about our game anymore
We weren’t gonna win that game after TyTy went down. No way we’re we’re going to overcome that officiating.
Healthy team, neutral court and decent refs we destroy them

I guess I had forgotten how bad rafters could be though. Understand difference of opinions but wow…if it weren’t for a few posters I really like I would never go there

anyway. It’s Sunday and hopefully will be a good day.
hugs

Good morning from ATX. Currently 44°F and cloudy. Calm. High today may reach 58°F or so.

Tough loss yesterday against AU. We can beat them in the SEC Tournament. Next up: Mississippi State next Tuesday, January 25.

Watched football last night. Bengals won. Packers choked again at home in the frozen tundra.

Chores and errands planned after a walk. May check out Rams vs Tampa Bay this afternoon.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Pie-Day2-1200x674.jpg

Morning D
Well I’m not really upset about our game anymore
We weren’t gonna win that game after TyTy went down. No way we’re we’re going to overcome that officiating.
Healthy team, neutral court and decent refs we destroy them

I guess I had forgotten how bad rafters could be though. Understand difference of opinions but wow…if it weren’t for a few posters I really like I would never go there

anyway. It’s Sunday and hopefully will be a good day.
hugs
The last time I posted on RR I was suspended for two days.

I have not been back in two years.

Morning folks. It is 33.1°F and we may thaw out some snow today.

Good morning! Slept good last night, couldn't believe it was 1000 when I woke up. Tough loss yesterday, not just because we lost, but all the pieces that had to fall into place for us to lose. Cal put together a badass team for this year, but pieces keep breaking down. CJ Frederick was a proven commodity that we lost just prior to the Duke game. Can't say how the season would have gone with him. May not have lost a game yet, may have lost 6, but he was definitely a threat.

I'm in this for the long haul and individual games just don't mean that much to me. Next game is more important than the last game.

For those who can't handle the truth, go over and check out the Louisville boards. Be thankful you haven't put in a lifetime of fandom for garbage heap they call a program. Check out UNC. Kansas is under threat of major sanctions.

Life can always be worse, and lucky for us, it could be a hell of a lot worse. Don't worry, be happy!

Last edited:
The days of referees acting without consequence should be numbered. If coaches and players have to answer for their actions after the games, then the refs should as well. We have our own hi def, slo mo, replay machines at home now. We don't have to take their word for it.

Auburn played 27 minutes of basketball yesterday with 3 fouls called. That's ridiculous.

Refs should have to sit at a table and explain why and how they made certain calls. Just knowing they would be held responsible would probably lead to fewer calls. Fewer calls would lead to fewer questions.

Any foul called outside the 3 point arc should be obvious and egregious. They do not affect the play and most times when they are called the player who has been fouled has to be told he was fouled.

The TAM game saw Mintz foul a guy with his face and Washington foul a guy with his back while he was standing still. Why? How?

Good morning! Slept good last night, couldn't believe it was 1000 when I woke up. Tough loss yesterday, not just because we lost, but all the pieces that had to fall into place for us to lose. Cal put together a badass team for this year, but pieces keep breaking down. CJ Frederick was a proven commodity that we lost just prior to the Duke game. Can't say how the season would have gone with him. May not have lost a game yet, may have lost 6, but he was definitely a threat.

I'm in this for the long haul and individual games just don't mean that much to me. Next game is more important than the last game.

For those who can't handle the truth, go over and check out the Louisville boards. Be thankful you haven't put in a lifetime of fandom for garbage heap they call a program. Check out UNC. Kansas is under threat of major sanctions.

Life can always be worse, and lucky for us, it could be a hell of a lot worse. Don't worry, be happy!
As the man in the video below once said:

Rickem Rackem, Reckem, Ruckem.
Get that ball and really F...........ight!

Looks like we might be seeing the end of Tom Brady’s remarkable career unfolding. Bucs can’t do anything right and the LA Rams are a talented team.

That fumble could be huge. The Rams we’re going up 24 at the half. 17 is still a big hill, and the Bucs are looking dead in the water.

Let me set a scenario for yous. Bengals get lucky enough to beat next opponent and the 49ers beat the Rams. 2 10-7 teams at the end of regular season are in the Super Bowl and it would be the third time for the Bengals with the opponent being the same.
I was just talking to my son about the same scenario. The ultimate revenge for the Bengals if that happens. People don’t always remember that the Bengals could easily have won both of those Super Bowls.

I was just talking to my son about the same scenario. The ultimate revenge for the Bengals if that happens. People don’t always remember that the Bengals could easily have won both of those Super Bowls.
Lost in 81 by 7 and lost in 88 by 3. I have always put Kenny Anderson in the same boat with Dan Marino as 2 QB's that should have won a Super Bowl. By that I mean really deserved it out of the ones who did not.

Last edited:
Oh and by the way, trying not to get my hopes up but, we have gotten this far.

Any Given Sunday.
OIP.ga-yAXc-Qx0Y8M6kRjgSpgHaEK

I was in Miami when and where the Bengals last appeared in a Super Bowl as a reporter —not covering the game, but covering the riot that was going on in Miami that week. Anyone remember that? Ugly scene. I had a rental car battered by rock throwers. Luckily, I took the insurance.
Is that when the cops shot a dude on a motorcycle or some stuff?

OIP.ga-yAXc-Qx0Y8M6kRjgSpgHaEK

Is that when the cops shot a dude on a motorcycle or some stuff?
Bertfan - Excellent memory. A Hispanic cop shot a black kid driving a stolen motorbike with another kid on the back, which caused the bike to crash into a car or a wall killing the rider too. The cop and other witnesses say the idiot driving the bike was trying to run down the cop. I guess he felt lucky that day. He forgot to ask the guy riding behind if he felt lucky too I guess.

Last edited:
Bertfan - Excellent memory. A Hispanic cop shot a black kid driving a stolen motorbike with another kid on the back, which caused the bike to crash into a wall killing the rider too.
I associate memories with places I was working. I knew I was in Chattanooga when both of those events happened. 88 is also the year Don't Worry Be Happy came out, but I was in Nebraska when that dropped. I think Red Red Wine hit at the same time.

Good Frosty Morning

It is a freezing 28‎° and that my D league friend is cold down here. I may have to put on a real pair of shoes. It will be sunny as we head up to 59° . What can I say other than man is using too much fossil fuel and warming the earth. So quit driving around in the gas guzzlers using high octane fuel and get a solar pickup truck or one with a windmill on the roof.

I had a pleasant surprise yesterday at church. I saw someone I thought I recognized who I had not seen since 1987. I walked over to them and sure enough it was them. They live in Iowa and come down here every year after New Years and stay in a condo on the beach until after Easter. My wife and I took them to a local restaurant and we talked about 3 hours and caught up on the past 35 years. I am amazed at how many of our mutual friends had died or divorced over those years. Life goes on until it doesn't.

Yesterday we lost another great musician, IMO, a native of Kentucky and one of my wife and my favorite pianist. We have spent many romantic evenings listening to her smooth sound as her fingers glide over the keyboard.

Beegie Adair: 1937-2022 Beegie Adair, among the busiest studio and lounge pianists in Nashville who recorded more than 100 albums starting in 1997, died on January 23. She was 84.

RIP Beegie

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT